Open documents in new window

I recently uninstalled an add-in (Office Tab), and since then all instances
of Word 2007 (on XP SP3) open in the same window, rather than in new
windows, which is my preference. I'm pretty sure I remember having to change
it to the "open in new window" for the default setting a couple of years ago
when I first started using 2007, but can't seem to find out how that is
done. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

David

0
WhiteRat

uncheck the Windows in Taskbar in the View dialog under office menu under the
Microsoft Office Button.

Hope this helps
DeanH

"WhiteRat" wrote:

> I recently uninstalled an add-in (Office Tab), and since then all instances
> of Word 2007 (on XP SP3) open in the same window, rather than in new
> windows, which is my preference. I'm pretty sure I remember having to change
> it to the "open in new window" for the default setting a couple of years ago
> when I first started using 2007, but can't seem to find out how that is
> done. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> David
>

> .

Receiving window's change color event
In my MFC app, how do I receive the windows' change color event? For example, the color scheme has changed from normal to silver, how do my app receive such notification? "Charles Tam" <CharlesTam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:52E0421D-B893-4DCC-97E6-42F91EDE017C@microsoft.com... > In my MFC app, how do I receive the windows' change color event? > For example, the color scheme has changed from normal to silver, how do my > app receive such notification? Maybe WM_SYSCOLORCHANGE is wha you're looking for http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us...

Purchasing Lead Time-Item Resource Planning window
Looking at the purchasing lead time and the manufacturing lead time on the item resource planning window. We have to enter the qty in number of days, can anyone clarify if 5 days equals one week or if 7 days equals one week? (basically does Dynamics count weekend and shutdown days in this number.) V10 of Dynamics GP Thanks! -- Doug Doug, If I'm not wrong you have to put 7 days so that GP considers the shut down days accordingly. Just test it out first before setting it up. -- Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP Note: If you are a Microsoft Partner, You can also Login to Dynamics GP ...

How do I control where the new message window appears?
Whenever I create a new message the associated window appears with the maximise button off of my desktop. How do I change the default position of the new message window such that all of it is visible on my desktop? Resize and position it accordingly and hold CTRL when press the X to close the window. This should force storing the location and size of the window in the registry. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, R...

Opening excel file in new window
When an excel is already open in a window and I open a new excel file it opens in the same window. How do I make it open in a new window? You can't. Excel has two windows only; Excel and the VB editor. You may be able to open another instance of Excel though, with some Windows trick or by code. But that is spending a lot of power just for an extra window. HTH. best wishes Harald "Ravi" <Ravi@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:B53F2A94-CE10-41F7-A3B0-D472317D527C@microsoft.com... > When an excel is already open in a window and I open a new excel file it ...

kernel mode cryptographic services on Windows 7
Could someone please point me to a link decribing kernel mode cryptographic services on Windows 7? Basically all I need to do is create a sha1 hash of some data. I am aware of this link discussing fips.sys on earlier versions of Windows: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc750356.aspx. But I thought that wasn't supported. I also see the BCrypt* functions. But that seems to be encryption. Thanks in advance if anyone can help. Regards, George. Oh. Maybe I can use BCrypt: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa375534(v=VS.85).aspx. Thanks anyw...

windows mail
good morning, I have a problem: when I open an attachment to a message, I get either a message saying that there is no software able to open that file (*.pdf) or It opens in a program which is not the one I want (*.tif) I have checked the table where all these connections are set up, but there it says that pdf files should open in Acrobat reader, forinstance. Can anybody tell me what I shoukd do? yours robert hirschel Do you have a PDF reader? If not, you need either of these. Foxit Reader: http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/reader/ Adobe Reader http://get.adobe.com/reader...

Run time error when opening up Outlook for the first time after logging into computer
I am running outlook XP or 2002 and I have noticed that recently when opening up outlook for the first time after logging into my computer which is running XP pro, that outlook gets an runtime error and will not allow outlook to open. After that outlook opens just fine. One of the changes that I have done is disabled Windows messenger from running at all per article 302089 from microsoft. I am not sure if this is the problem or not, I did have a problem with outlook express opening up slowly and there was a fix for that. Any ideas.. ...

Windows CE Embedded Live Chat Transcript
Just wanted to let you know that in case you missed the Windows CE Embedded Live Chat yesterday you can find the transcript here: http://discovertheexperience.blogspot.com/2010/04/windows-ce-live-chat-transcript-april.html So long and thanks for all the fish! Damian ...

Office 2000 & 2007 in Windows 7
Hi, Can anyone confirm that Office 2000 is fully compatible with Windows 7? Can we install Office 2000 and Office 2007 together in the same computer? Thanks in advance, Garu Yes, on both counts. But in respect of the latter, see the NoRereg section of the following page of fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website: http://www.gmayor.com/Toolbars_in_word_2007.htm -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services on a paid professional basis. "Garu" <garrys@brunet.bn> wrote in me...

search for numbers with file/open/tools/search
I need to look for excel documents containing specific numbers. We used to do this using File / Open / tools / search. However after a new installation we cannot get any results back. If we search for plain text in the same documents, the result is shown. So it seems like searching for numbers is the problem. ...

Windows Media Player 11 01-15-10
Why, when I try to adjust my color and contrast on WMP 11 does it return to the middle. As in I cant adjust any color settings for the vid. It's too dark to enjoy. Color & contrast do not adjust a dark screen,brightness would do that,usually that adjustment would be on the monitor.Also,if youre trying to view videos, using video & audio require alot of the system components (memory),adding more ram memory and/or a better video card will eliminate the problem(s). "bearrabbit69" wrote: > Why, when I try to adjust my color and contrast on WMP 11 does i...

DPM 2007 SP1: Windows Server 2008 R2: Could not connect to SQL Server Reporting Server because of IIS Connectivity issues
Hi, I'm experiencing "Could not connect to SQL Server Reporting Server because of IIS Connectivity issues" and checked the wildcard script mappong permission for ISAPI Extentions in IIS 7: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb795696.aspx Actually in my Windows Server 2008 R2 this was already ok But still it does not work. Did anybody get this to run? Thanks, Adrian Adrian Miller ...

How to embed and e-mail message into a new message with owa??
I have tried to insert and e-mail message into a new message using owa, but when I drag and drop the message to insert into the new message, it appears many codes, not the message itself. Is there any way to do this? ...

In Microsoft Outlook how can you delete email without opening it?
I am an Outlook Express user and you can click on email once and delete without opening it or double click to open it. Is there a way to delete without opening in Microsoft Outlook? Hello Corey, you wrote on Fri, 26 Aug 2005 06:48:02 -0700: > I am an Outlook Express user and you can click on email once and delete > without opening it or double click to open it. Is there a way to delete > without opening in Microsoft Outlook? Sorry, but I don't understand your question really. Which program is used? Outlook Express or Outlook? -- Best Regards Christian Goeller Hello C...

IE8 Windows Live Tool Bar
When opening the IE8 / Windows XP SP3, the connection is made but IE closes after a second or two. Disabling 'add-on' Windows Live Tool Bar fixed the problem. Doh! zetz wrote: > When opening the IE8 / Windows XP SP3, the connection is made but IE > closes > after a second or two. Disabling 'add-on' Windows Live Tool Bar fixed the > problem. Hi, The Windows Live Toolbar should certainly be compatible with IE8 on XP SP3. Try uninstalling then reinstalling the Live Toolbar. If that doesn't resolve the issue, you might try disabling individua...

Update from CRM 3.0 to new CRM 4.0
At the moment we are runnig CRM 3.0. Because of the new multi-language feature of CRM 4.0 we want tu upgrate/update to the new version. Does anybody has further information about the necessary steps? I suggest that you wait for the officially released version which will contain upgrade and installation guides. -- ----------------- Please note that the contents of my posts are my personal opinions and views and I am not a Microsoft staff member. ----------------- Feridun Kadir MCSE, MCT "Frank_Munich" wrote: > At the moment we are runnig CRM 3.0. Because of the new multi-...

Share point installation on windows server 2008 R2
I have registered for MS partnership programs and gat the setup CD for Windows Server 2008 R2 and installed it. I have even the sharepoint Installation cd 64-bit. When I tried to install the sharepoint server I got the exception as there are compatibility issues. I have also searched for a solution on microsoft site and I was told that I should install WSS3.0. I have downloaded it and installed. After installation, the sharepoint server also got installed and when I try to add any new document under shared Documents section, I am getting an exception. Would any one help me in ...

Word document opens empty
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Hello, Whenever I download a file from the internet and I want to open it afterwards it opens empty, although it really isn't. I can open it with text edit without problems. Can anybody help me? Thanks in advance It may not be opening at all, just launching Word....try using File | Open within Word to open it. If that works, then applying the 12.1.1 update should solve your problem. vanny105@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > > Hello, > Whenever I download a file...

Disable browser's menu item or intercept file opening
Is it possible to disable menu items from IE and firefox? or Is it possible intercept when a file is opened by a browser? I have an application which monitors bank statement files (OFC/OFX) from bank websites to ensure no modifications are made to their content, and for this I need make certain the user won't be able to open a text file and save it elsewhere. (my application monitors file creation and creates a hash for its content) On Dec 8, 10:12=A0am, "Jeova Almeida" <jeovaalme...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Is it possible to disable menu items from IE and firefox?...

Reatin Macros in document from template
Hi I have created a template with some complex macros. Naturally when the template is opened, it opens as a separate WORD document & allows the macros to be run. However, once the document has been saved & closed, the macros cannot be re-run. Is there a way to retain the macros in the new document, so the macros can be run another time please? -- Richard Instead of opening a document from the open template, open a new document from the template. File > New or in Word 2007 Office Button > New. As long as the template is available to the document the m...

OWA: cannot open email with "." caracter in subject
Hi, I have a problem with my OWA; I can't read emails if their subjects ends with a dot ".". I get a 404 error. I use exchange 2003 and windows 2003. I don't use UrlScan system. Can u help ? tkx in advance On Mar 6, 9:44 am, Tiger <t...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > I have a problem with my OWA; I can't read emails if their subjects ends > with a dot ".". I get a 404 error. > I use exchange 2003 and windows 2003. I don't use UrlScan system. > Can u help ? > > tkx in advance I experienced an issue like this, where Public Folders i...

Reinstalling Windows 7
I have win 7 running ... well, crawling... on a new quad core computer (it really started its slow-down after installing Office 2007). Its so sluggish that I've decided to do a fresh reinstall. Drive C is partitioned and the second partition (F) carries all my data. Its backed up, but I'd like, if possible to format C without interfering with F, reinstalling Win 7 on C. Is that possible? I have the original install disk, and I particularly want to start off from scrathj with a formatted C. How sluggish is my pc? Well, even with just 3 or 4 worksheets opened and no...

Reinstall office 2007 in Windows 7
I had purchased an Office 2007 cd earlier this year and installed in on my home computer on XP. I now want to upgrade to Windows 7 on the same computer Can I use the same cd to install Office 2007 with windows 7? The hardware is the same, just the OS is different. Please give a definitive answer if this is possible and I am not violating any licences. Thanks D -- When you need a helping hand, look for one at the end of your arm... =?Utf-8?B?RGFuZHo=?= <Dandz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:8D3F3114-2010-42EA-BE79-3BF3A2165DFA@microsoft.com: > ...

Does Office 2007 work on Windows 7?
I just upgraded to Windows 7 and have Office 2007. Do Office 2007 products work on Windows 7 Operating System? Yes "Fetzer2" <Fetzer2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6962F239-77EF-4461-B59F-0DA98D427488@microsoft.com... >I just upgraded to Windows 7 and have Office 2007. Do Office 2007 products > work on Windows 7 Operating System? Do you really think Microsoft would release a new Operating System that would be incompatible with their best selling software ? "Fetzer2" <Fetzer2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

What's the window style of IME pad?
I'm making a hand writing recognition TSF like WinXP IME pad. It works like WinXP IME pad but has a focus problem. WinXP IME pad doesn't steal focus but When I click my TSF window it steals focus. I made some trick in message handler by returning MA_NOACTIVATE for WM_WM_MOUSEACTIVATE. After that it doesn't steal focus even though I write some characters. I can also type characters by keyboard.(which means my tsf doesn't steal keyboard focus) But if I click the title bar or change size, it still steals focus. THIS IS MY PROBLEM. I think IME pad uses different window style....