Making report in WORD file by using information from Excel

I have got a huge database of around 100 countries in an excel file. I
created a Pivot table to get the related data pertaining to a particular
country.

Now, need to prepare each country's report in WORD file separately (100 WORD
files) wherein text contents, format, layout of the WORD report for all the
countries remains the same however the data presented in tabular form in the
required section need to be extracted from the Excel.

I am sick of doing copy/paste so many times from Excel to word.

Is there any solution to automate the process? Also, is there any Add ins
availble anywhere?
If it require use of Macro by any chance it will be difficult for me as I
don't know about codings in VB.

Any suggestion/help will be appreciated as it will really save lot of my
time.

Regards,
--
Shweta Srivastava

See the following page of fellow MVP Graham Mayor’s website:

http://www.gmayor.com/ManyToOne.htm

--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

a paid professional basis.

"Shweta Srivastava" <ShwetaSrivastava@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:4E2A6C0A-3804-40D4-B489-4FA0B695F1FA@microsoft.com...
>I have got a huge database of around 100 countries in an excel file. I
> created a Pivot table to get the related data pertaining to a particular
> country.
>
> Now, need to prepare each country's report in WORD file separately (100
> WORD
> files) wherein text contents, format, layout of the WORD report for all
> the
> countries remains the same however the data presented in tabular form in
> the
> required section need to be extracted from the Excel.
>
> I am sick of doing copy/paste so many times from Excel to word.
>
> Is there any solution to automate the process? Also, is there any Add ins
> availble anywhere?
> If it require use of Macro by any chance it will be difficult for me as I
> don't know about codings in VB.
>

> Any suggestion/help will be appreciated as it will really save lot of my
> time.
>
> Regards,
> --
> Shweta Srivastava

0
Doug
1/25/2010 6:42:34 AM
Hi Shweta Srivastava,

If you use Edit|Paste Special and choose the 'Paste Link' option, Word will insert the data with a link to the pivot table. From
then on, you'll only need to change the pivot table the link points to for each country's data. If there is a separate file for each
country, an added advantage is that, next time you need to produce the report, all you'll need to do is to update the pivot tables
and refresh the links in Word - no more copying & pasting.

If you're only using one Word file, a Word macro could be used to update the link & print the report for each country in turn.

--
Cheers
macropod

"Shweta Srivastava" <ShwetaSrivastava@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have got a huge database of around 100 countries in an excel file. I
> created a Pivot table to get the related data pertaining to a particular
> country.
>
> Now, need to prepare each country's report in WORD file separately (100 WORD
> files) wherein text contents, format, layout of the WORD report for all the
> countries remains the same however the data presented in tabular form in the
> required section need to be extracted from the Excel.
>
> I am sick of doing copy/paste so many times from Excel to word.
>
> Is there any solution to automate the process? Also, is there any Add ins
> availble anywhere?
> If it require use of Macro by any chance it will be difficult for me as I
> don't know about codings in VB.
>

> Any suggestion/help will be appreciated as it will really save lot of my
> time.
>
> Regards,
> --
> Shweta Srivastava

0
macropod
1/25/2010 7:16:59 AM
Hello Mr. Dough,
Thanks for sharing this link. I think this can suffice my need however while
following manytoone addin step am getting an error as "5941 The requested
member of the collection does not exist". Not able to find where am I going
wrong.  Please help.

Regards,
--
Shweta Srivastava

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

> See the following page of fellow MVP Graham Mayor’s website:
>
> http://www.gmayor.com/ManyToOne.htm
>

> --
> Hope this helps,
>
> Doug Robbins - Word MVP
>
> Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services on
> a paid professional basis.
>
> "Shweta Srivastava" <ShwetaSrivastava@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:4E2A6C0A-3804-40D4-B489-4FA0B695F1FA@microsoft.com...
> >I have got a huge database of around 100 countries in an excel file. I
> > created a Pivot table to get the related data pertaining to a particular
> > country.
> >
> > Now, need to prepare each country's report in WORD file separately (100
> > WORD
> > files) wherein text contents, format, layout of the WORD report for all
> > the
> > countries remains the same however the data presented in tabular form in
> > the
> > required section need to be extracted from the Excel.
> >
> > I am sick of doing copy/paste so many times from Excel to word.
> >
> > Is there any solution to automate the process? Also, is there any Add ins
> > availble anywhere?
> > If it require use of Macro by any chance it will be difficult for me as I
> > don't know about codings in VB.
> >

> > Any suggestion/help will be appreciated as it will really save lot of my
> > time.
> >
> > Regards,
> > --
> > Shweta Srivastava
>
> .

Hi Shweta Srivastava,

You may find it easier to use Word's Catalogue/Directory Mailmerge facility for this (the terminology depends on the Word version).
To see how, check out my Word 97-2007 Catalogue/Directory Mailmerge Tutorial at:
http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/index.php?showtopic=731107
or
http://www.gmayor.com/Zips/Catalogue%20Mailmerge.zip
Do read the tutorial before trying to use the mailmerge document included with it.

--
Cheers
macropod

> Hello Mr. Dough,
> Thanks for sharing this link. I think this can suffice my need however while
> following manytoone addin step am getting an error as "5941 The requested
> member of the collection does not exist". Not able to find where am I going
> wrong.  Please help.
>
> Regards,
> --
> Shweta Srivastava
>

> "Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:
>
>> See the following page of fellow MVP Graham Mayor’s website:
>>
>> http://www.gmayor.com/ManyToOne.htm
>>

>> --
>> Hope this helps,
>>
>> Doug Robbins - Word MVP
>>
>> Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services on
>> a paid professional basis.
>>
>> "Shweta Srivastava" <ShwetaSrivastava@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message news:4E2A6C0A-3804-40D4-B489-4FA0B695F1FA@microsoft.com...
>> >I have got a huge database of around 100 countries in an excel file. I
>> > created a Pivot table to get the related data pertaining to a particular
>> > country.
>> >
>> > Now, need to prepare each country's report in WORD file separately (100
>> > WORD
>> > files) wherein text contents, format, layout of the WORD report for all
>> > the
>> > countries remains the same however the data presented in tabular form in
>> > the
>> > required section need to be extracted from the Excel.
>> >
>> > I am sick of doing copy/paste so many times from Excel to word.
>> >
>> > Is there any solution to automate the process? Also, is there any Add ins
>> > availble anywhere?
>> > If it require use of Macro by any chance it will be difficult for me as I
>> > don't know about codings in VB.
>> >

>> > Any suggestion/help will be appreciated as it will really save lot of my
>> > time.
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> > --
>> > Shweta Srivastava
>>
>> .

0
macropod

Excel 2007

Stupid question regarding reports
I am a former Quicken user switching to Money and I have what seems to me a very dumb report question. How do I create a new report? I've looked in the help file and in the online tutorial and users guide and find plenty of references to customizing an existing report but nothing about creating a new one. I realize that it must be there somewhere. Someone please help this dummy (it would be nice if they gave you even a 5 page manual though). Bob Had me guessing for a while also. Just click on "reports" and select which one you want. Don't forget to use "custom...

Using part of a cell in a chart title

Using expression builder object
Hi, I'm developing a wizzard in Access which builds import templates for various data sources to a fixed set of tables. In step 3 the users must be able to build an expression ; for instance Left([Fieldx],20) . Now I would like to have a command button on my form which calls the Access expression builder to allow the users to use this to build the expression. This expression will then be stored in a text box linked to the templates table. Anybody know how to call and use this object from VBA code? -- Kind regards Noëlla DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdInvokeBuilder I th...

Excel not Access

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

MS Money 95 data files

Opening Excel Workbooks

Radar chart in Access 2007 report

Where is the workspace file stored?

help with simple maths in excel

cant start outlook pst file to large

make subreport2 visible based on condition
Help, I am running Access 2003 and have trouble getting this work right. I have an unbound subreport that contains 3 additional subreports. I want only one of the 3 to be visible based on the value in a combo box on a selection form. I can't seem to get the reference right and have tried several variations. If Forms!frmWeeklyGLrpt!cboCC = 1 Then Me!subrptGLWeekly.Report!subrptGLWeeklyCMRDA.Visible = True Me!subrptGLWeekly.Report!subrptGLWeeklyCMRDB.Visible = False Me!subrptGLWeekly.Report!subrptGLWeeklyCMRDC.Visible = False End If If Forms!frmWeeklyGL...

How do I use traffic lights in excel

Filter recordset using query results
Hi all I have a form based on a query called [qry Quarterly Planning], it lists all Itineraries on the system. On this form you can filter records by specifying a Start and End Date for the [ReviewDate] and/or [Specialist]. It is a subform on a main unbound form, lets call this Subform1. Along side this I have another subform (Subform2) which displays ReviewDates that exist against an Itinerary. In other words Subform1 has a start date of an activity and if the activity lasts longer than 1 day, then the additional dates are stored in Subform2 (ItineraryDates). Currently when I...