Inserting (and extracting) pictures into word

1-I used ctrl-PrtScreen to copy a graphic on my screen.
2-Then I opened a word doc and hit  Ctrl-V to insert the graphic into the
document.

Here is my Q: How can I retrieve the graphic from my word document and turn
it into a JPG or other graphic file?

Why I want to do this: I want to create a collage with the graphics.
To do so, I need to extract the graphics from the word document and
transform them into individual, discrete graphic files that I can manipulate.

Can I do this?
If so, how.
I thank members of the community in advance for any help you can provide.

David Rafky
Miami, Florida

See http://www.gmayor.com/extract_images_from_word.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Thu, 7 Jan 2010 18:10:01 -0800, dritty
<dritty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>1-I used ctrl-PrtScreen to copy a graphic on my screen.
>2-Then I opened a word doc and hit  Ctrl-V to insert the graphic into the
>document.
>
>Here is my Q: How can I retrieve the graphic from my word document and turn
>it into a JPG or other graphic file?
>
>Why I want to do this: I want to create a collage with the graphics.
>To do so, I need to extract the graphics from the word document and
>transform them into individual, discrete graphic files that I can manipulate.
>
>Can I do this?
>If so, how.
>I thank members of the community in advance for any help you can provide.
>
>David Rafky
>Miami, Florida
0
Jay
1/8/2010 3:55:13 AM
wrote:

>1-I used ctrl-PrtScreen to copy a graphic on my screen.
>2-Then I opened a word doc and hit  Ctrl-V to insert the graphic into the
>document.
>
>Here is my Q: How can I retrieve the graphic from my word document and turn
>it into a JPG or other graphic file?
>
>Why I want to do this: I want to create a collage with the graphics.
>To do so, I need to extract the graphics from the word document and
>transform them into individual, discrete graphic files that I can manipulate.
>
>Can I do this?
>If so, how.
>I thank members of the community in advance for any help you can provide.

If you want to do that, don't save them in a Word document in the first place.

Open a graphics program (like Irfanview -- good and free) and press Ctrl-V
there.

Then you can crop it and edit it and save it in any of a large number of
graphics formats, including JPEG.

If you internd to do a lot of editing, though, it is best not to save it as a
JPEG which is a "lossy" format, and loses information every time you save it.

--
Steve Hayes from Tshwane, South Africa
Web:  http://hayesfam.bravehost.com/stevesig.htm

Where is the Keep Text Formatting feature located in Word 07
I believe this Keep Text Formatting feature might be what I need, but I have been unable to locate exactly where it is located in Word 2007. I'm trying to rid a Word document sent to me of tables, text boxes, graphics and all other document formatting, while retaining the document's text content. It is unimportant to me whether the text formatting is retained or not. Thanks. Are you referring to a Keep Text Formatting feature in an earlier version of Word? I wonder whether what you're looking for is "Paste Unformatted," since you seem to be saying you _don...

Miscellaneous words appear in Excel 2002 cells
I am working on an Excell 2002 workbook and when I put my cursor in a cell , spurious words get entered into the cell e.g. "and thee the and ...." is one example. I have cable modem and it feels like "someone" has taken control of my PC - by the way I have also noticed this hapening in MS Word but is not as bad as Excel - can some one help. thanks KK Have you enabled speech tools? Click Tools / Speech and examine your options. /i. "KK" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:061d01c39d1c$36fc85f0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I am w...

My pictures are compressed somehow and they don't display on my s.
My pictures do not show up on my screen but they do print and I can see them on my print preview and I must have a wrong setting somewhere. Can anyone help me, I can't work with them when I can't see them and I have a job to complete. I have never run into this before View, pictures, detailed display... -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Marian" <Marian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6A63F349-C593-435E-99A1-518BE2FB9CD4@microsoft.com... > My pictures do not show up on m...

Excel and Word #2
I converted a class schedule from Word to Excel in order to better work with formulas since I am terrible with math. My concern now is that I will want to email it back to volunteers for review. Can I just copy it into Word and will they be able to view it or will they have to have Excel? Thanks for information. Susan Hello Susan, A copy/paste command will create a Word table in Word from Excel. you could also do the following: Insert, object, From file, browse to the Excel file, Insert. With this method you can check "link" and from now on everytime you change something...

Word 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have created several files in Word 2008 using templates (.dot) files previously used with Word 2003/2007. Unfortunately, my customer keeps receiving an error when opening the new file I create. The new file (created in .doc format) has some hidden data that is pointing to the template folder on my Mac. The error looks like: Could not open: 'user:Libarary:Application Support:Microsoft:Offce:User Templates:template.dot My customer can fix this error by using the remove hidden data tool inside Office 2003, but that&...

can not insert a mail model in a compaign mail activity ?
Hello, When I am trying to send a simple mail, I can insert an email template. but when I plan a compaign based on mailing I can't make an email based on template ... So what what should I do to enable this functionality knowing that it's very intersting ability in a CRM Thanks in advance ...

Insert a graphic in a cell
I'd like to be able to enbed a logo in a cell. Not possible. Graphic objects reside on the drawing layer "above" the cells. Cells can contain formulae or values only. Workaround. Insert your graphic, and size it so that it exactly covers the cell. Right-click it, choosing Format Picture. In the Properties tab of the Format Picture dialog, choose the Move and Size with cells radio button. In article <F253C07B-E71A-445E-B612-0189187A09D9@microsoft.com>, Pete_Escher fan <Pete_Escher fan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'd like to be able to enbed a...

Size of single bracket in Equation (Word 2007)
Hi group, I'd like to change the size of a single bracket in an equation - how can I achieve this? For example, in Latex I could do something like this: F\biggr|_{a} , where biggrl gives me a large sized "|" ... Cheers -Ralf as a work-around I came up with a trick: I used a single Matrix column with 3 rows - inserted the single "|" on the right-hand side - I put the actual equation in the centre of the matrix field and the other matrix fields I left empty ... the result looks pleasing Cheers -Ralf On Feb 1, 1:15=A0pm, "ralf.schaa" ...

Amount in Words Complete Right Formula
give me complete formula See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html -- HTH Bob Phillips (replace xxxx in the email address with gmail if mailing direct) "Naveed" <Naveed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29B7C0D6-1DED-4321-B1EB-CA6DDCE73852@microsoft.com... > give me complete formula > ...

How do you open PDF files with Word 2007?
How do you open a PDF file in Word 2007? anybody? I tried to download the PDF add on app but that is not working either. I have on line classes I cant complete until I figure out how to do this. You can't open pdf's in Word -- that's the point of pdf files. On Feb 10, 3:06=A0pm, terrycwilson <terrycwil...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do you open a PDF file in Word 2007? anybody? I tried to download the= PDF > add on app but that is not working either. I have on line classes I cant > complete until I figure out how to do this. You can'...

vbscript insert into access 2003 database with two different table
I am trying to insert data collected by WMI. Here is the script On Error Resume Next Const HKEY_CURRENT_USER = &H80000001 Const HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE = &H80000002 Const ForReading = 1 'Create FSO Set objFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") 'Create an environment for the script to work Set wshshell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell") 'Connection to the database Set cnn = CreateObject("ADODB.Connection") 'Connection to a Recordset Set objRecordSet = CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset") 'Opens the Database ...

MS Word file extension changed through e-mail
MS Word .docx files sent as attachments are received without the x, as a .doc instead. The same is true for MS Excel .xlsx changed to .xls Speak firmly to whoever set up the email system. They have not applied their updates. When the file goes through, it is being recognised as a Microsoft Word file, but the extension is being wrongly changed. Some free-mail web services have a bad habit of doing this. It's not a Word problem, the change is being made either by the sending email program or the receiving email program. Cheers On 24/02/10 2:32 PM, in article 2e082f5...

extracting numbers from a text field and applying formula
here's my question... i have a cell that has a text field of this type: '9-19' (a-b) I want to create a formula that will subtract 19-9 (b-a) and return the result as a number// can anyone help?! is this even doable? I'd really appreciate it! PS also, i'm very fairly new at excel so a detailed response with th formula would really help! ALe ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Try: =MID(A1,FIND("-",A1)+1,99)-LEFT(A1,FIND("...

Auto insert of date
I'm trying to input some datas using preparedStatement and among those coiumns one column is of type "smalldatetime" i wish to input the current date and time at which i execute this query, how can i achieve this in JDBC or what is the sql query for this. I'm not sure if we're talking JET SQL or T-SQL or something else here? In JET SQL you want the Date() function, something like ... INSERT INTO Table1 ( TestDate ) SELECT Date() AS Expr1; If you're using T-SQL you want the GETDATE() function, something like ... INSERT INTO dbo.Table1 (Test...

Insert KB article in e-mail from outlook client
Hi there, I noticed I can send a KB article as an e-mail from the web client but not from within outlook? Is this correct (same goes for inserting e-mail templates) and if so, has anybody found a way to work around this?? Many thanks -- Aad van der Veld Senior CRM Consultant Capgemini Technology Services t: +31 (0)30 689 6047 m: +31 (0)6 150 30 749 e: aad.vandervelden@capgemini.com ...

publication 'loses' picture
Hi to everyone, I am creating a travel diary with PublisherXP, which is my first encounter with this program (so I am a complete novice to Publisher). I have no idea whether Publisher was made for such a use, but as it is, it works fine for me. So far I'm content with my publications (one for each day), but a few questions have arisen. This was the only newsgroup about Publisher I could find so I decided to ask here. I've googled quite a bit but was not successful. So much for the introduction, now one of my questions.:-) Sometimes (unfortunately I can't make out a regular patt...

CVS file only inserts commas for 15 lines of spread
Hi, I hava an user in Europe that is following the exact steps I am to covert a file to CSV format. When we open her file in word pad, only the first 15 lines of data have comms delimted. It happens every time regardless of how much data is in our spread. Any ideas on how to correct this? Thanks much! S I've never seen anything like this. If they reopen the .csv file in Excel, does it look ok? If they open the file in NotePad (not wordpad), does it look ok? My silly guess: I'm wondering if there is any special character in the data that is being used as an end of file marker....

Call a word doc
Currently I am using our DB to track bids to general contractors for building materials. Each bid proposal is prepared in MS Word. Is there a way to call a Word doc for reference only within a form, for example using a button? The proposal could be either a .doc or .pdf that could be reprinted or viewed from Access... -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200802/1 Whoops, that was not complete. Each bid has its own word file. So when I click a button I need to be able to define the file name. We use a bid number formatted l...

How do I copy the wording of a cell into a tab?
I have a large workbook with the tab titles available to copy to save typing every single one, is it possible to populate the tabs by a form of copy-paste You want your sheet tab name to reflect the value of a particular cell within that sheet? You want to copy a sheet and rename the copy to the value of a cell within that sheet? Please explain in more detail. The lack of sentence structure makes it difficult to get a clear picture. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sun, 24 Jan 2010 11:18:01 -0800, Jamie <Jamie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a large wo...

Word 2007 Background Color PDF
I was finally able to get the background color to print. I'm using a 2-color fill, fading from one color to the other. When I do it, it doesn't fade an even color top to bottom. It goes dark to light then starts toward light agaoin before it cuts off. (I have the correct box selected). Then, when I save as a PDF, it gives me 5 sets of the faded lines. That is, light to dark to light to dark... etc. 5 times. How can I set that "scale" or get it corrected? Thanx JDC Page backgrounds are more concerned with web page creation, which does not support pages...

Saving documents to MS CRM from eg Word?
Hi, Is there any solution out there (market ready) that lets you save eg Word document direct to MS CRM ?. Not save to file system and then from MS CRM make a note and attach. To long way ! Regards, SH Hi Siggi, have a look at "RelatedDocuments" at www.mscrm-addons.com "Siggi" <sh@nyherji.is> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:64f91fda.0501190239.1156de03@posting.google.com... > Hi, > Is there any solution out there (market ready) that lets you save eg > Word document direct to MS CRM ?. Not save to file system and then > from MS CRM make a note and attach. ...

Auto copy and insert a defined number of rows as defined in a cell
Hi I don't know much about VBA but could probably work something out. I need to produce carton labels from a spreadsheet using Word to mail merge and the labels need to include 1 of 10, 2 of 10 on them. The number of labels required is dependant on a number which is included for each row of data in the spreadsheet. What I am doing at the moment is copying each row and insert pasting the additional number of rows required. In the new rows I then add 1 of 10 in the first row, 2 of 10 in the second row etc. etc. This then enables me to perform the mailmerge. I have around 300...

set identity_insert not works for insert statement on SQL2008
Dear Experts, I skip all columns name and try a statement "insert into table1 select * from table2 where ...." but always prompt cannot insert IDENTITY_INSERT is on Table1 is the same column structure as table2 (actually I created table2 from running: select * into table2 from table1) I tried both SET IDENTITY_INSERT ON , or SET IDENTITY_INSERT OFF before insert statement , but also not works. Could anyone know how to skip typing all columns name when insert from another table ? Thanks. thomas (thomas@mail.com) writes: > I skip all columns name an...

insert into
I have two tables - EMAIL and PUBLISH. I use the access import feature to import all emails into the table EMAIL. I then created a query to move "new" records from EMAIL into PUBLISH so that I can modify the contents and flag the emails with categories, etc. My query is missing records but I can't figure out why. I have three tables involved in this query: ADDRESS - contains the person's email address and a people ID EMAIL - contains the original email fields including email address and contents of email, each email is assigned a unique ID PUBLISH - want to c...

Inserting a gif to email signature
Hi, Can anyone help me insert a gif to my email signature? I have Windows xp and Office 2003. I have tried Tools, Options,Mail Format, Signatures, Edit and pasting the gif but,although it shows OK on the signature within Mail Format, it is just a blank box at the bottom of my email when I write an emial. I have also tried creating my signature in a Word table and pasting/inserting that as either a Word doc or web page but with no success either. Don't paste the picture but insert it by right clicking in the Signature editor and choose: Insert Image... -- Robert Sparna...