Important Word Options to be selected in Word 2007

--
mprnair

What about them?

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"mprnair" <mprnair@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> --
> mprnair

0
Suzanne

Line graphs; excel 2007
I have a simple line graph - and I'd like to shade in the area btwn the two lines only (not the whole background of the graph). Any suggestions? Apply Fill Color Between Lines in a Chart http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=590 - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://peltiertech.com/ MK09 wrote: > I have a simple line graph - and I'd like to shade in the area btwn the two > lines only (not the whole background of the graph). Any suggestions? ...

Word Documents
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi, How do I make tool bars appear automatically upon opening a new document? Each time I open a new or previously saved document I have to re-open my tool bar. I have been unable to find where I can make the tool bar freeze in place and open when I open documents. I am a college student with lots of papers to write. This gets cumbersome after a while. Please help. Thank you Wendy. Click the oval button at the right end of a document window to turn off Apple's poorly documented & unidentified 'minimize...

Is is me? Or is Excel 2007 Charting Lame?
Maybe I'm missing something. If so, let me know. The process of creating a chart is unintuitive and cumbersome. A big step backwards from 2003. The manual says to just select your data and insert the chart. What I find is that 95% of the time, I have to re-do the data selection. If I highlight two columns and insert the graph, Excel thinks both columns are two different series instead of x and y axis. I create two columns, label one of them "X", one of them "Y". Put some numbers below that. Now insert an XY chart. One would think that it could figure out "...

Counting words............
How can I give the total of how many times a word appears in a column? -- Smokey_Vol ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Smokey_Vol's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29717 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=495182 have a look at =COUNTIF( -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Smokey_Vol" <Smokey_Vol.20eapy_1135177209.4582@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Smokey_Vol.20eapy_1135177209.4582@excelforum-nospam.com... > >...

Adding a column in Excel 2007
Have a column with letters in it. Want to sum up how many of one letter I have in the column. What is a formula to do this please To count the number of cells that equal X =countif(a:a,"X") To count the number of cells that have at least one X in them: =countif(a:a,"*X*") nip wrote: > > Have a column with letters in it. Want to sum up how many of one > letter I have in the column. What is a formula to do this please -- Dave Peterson On Dec 10, 10:44=A0am, Dave Peterson <peter...@verizonXSPAM.net> wrote: > To count the number of cells that eq...

how do you rotate a visio drawing in word?
It's easy to insert a visio drawing into Microsfot word, but it doesn't seem possible to rotate the drawing...? zoom out to see full page, hold ctrl key down, place cursor via mouse to corner of drawing page, see cursor pointer change to curved arrow, drag to rotate page, angle shows in bottom left corner of screen, angle accuracy controlled as usual. "TJ" <TJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FAFD2CD7-C9A7-4F21-9425-42B9616A7BDC@microsoft.com... > It's easy to insert a visio drawing into Microsfot word, but it doesn't > seem > po...

Can't See Word Check Boxes in Outlook
I have a Word Document that I wish to send via the File->Send To->Mail Recipient once it is filled in. The document has questions that require the User to select a check box for the different selections (Excellent, Good, Poor, Very Poor). When I send the document, the check boxes show up in Outlook, however when the email arrives the check boxes are no longer there. Is there a way to have the check boxes show up in the email, or, are they somehow being stripped? ...

how do you insert a document in words 2007
I need help inserting a document in Office 2007, please help. Insert - Object -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Likita Rucker" <Likita Rucker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3892AD59-4452-4199-BC8E-31AE4220B6A7@microsoft.com... >I need help inserting a document in Office 2007, please help. If you click Insert > Object and pick Object from the dropdown, you'll get only the first page of the insert because an "object" can't cross a page boun...

Compress pictures in word 2000
Hi How can i compress the pictures in my document using word 2000. I can not find it in format picture and am now at a loss -- Thank you for reading my post. Hopefully you can answer my querie ...

how to only show first 20 words of a memo field
I have a memo field on a form, how can i show the first 30 characters and add 3 periods after the first 30 words. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200711/1 Use the Left function and add 3 periods: Left(string, length) & "..." "sheniece via AccessMonster.com" wrote: > I have a memo field on a form, how can i show the first 30 characters and > add 3 periods after the first 30 words. > > -- > Message posted via AccessMonster.com > http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums...

Access 2007 03-15-07
Hi,Back-end database is located at server. There are 10 clients with 10front-end databases. I want to restrict clients to reach form and reportdesigns and their codes. How can I do it in Access 2007 ?Thx for help! I believe this answer is covered in your previous posted titled "Restricting Front-ends".-- David CongerSoftware Development Engineer in TestMicrosoft Office Access** This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. **"Art Vandaley" <kestafir@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:e$ixVG0ZHHA.4420@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...> ...

OE locks up when I select "sent items" folder
I get the permanent hourglass when i click on the "Sent Items" folder. I have tried various steps to resolve, including a SP repair. All updates are installed. Any suggestions. larry Goode wrote: > I get the permanent hourglass when i click on the "Sent Items" > folder. I have tried various steps to resolve, including a SP repair. > All updates are installed. Any suggestions. Hi - This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. Y...

Merge and Center and Center Accross Selection
What is the difference between Merge/Center and Center across selection? As far as i can tell they are the same thing. With the Merge/Center option you actually merge two or more cells into a single large cell with your data in the center of it. With Center Across Selection the selected cells all remain separate with the data merely displayed in the center. By the way, most Excel experts recommend avoiding merged cells as far as possible as they can cause problems with calculations, filtering, sorting etc. "Bojingles03" wrote: > What is the difference between Merge/Cente...

Word as Editor in OL 2003
I'm trying to use Word as my html editor in OL 2003. I must have changed a setting and now the text I see is about 18 pt. Arial instead of the 10 pt. Arial I see if I use plain text. Is there a setting I can change? Thanks. Never mind. "hank" <not@home.com> wrote in message news:OlbM9zNvDHA.2072@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I'm trying to use Word as my html editor in OL 2003. I must have changed a > setting and now the text I see is about 18 pt. Arial instead of the 10 pt. > Arial I see if I use plain text. Is there a setting I can change? Thanks. > > ...

Outlook 2007 #19
Whenever I start Outlook 2007, I receive a message box which says Identity Switch Cancelled The current identity could not be changed because one of the applications was unable to switch. Close any open dialog boxes in other applications before trying again. Does anyone know how to correct the problem and prevent the message from appearing. ...

red x in email in Outlook 2007
I installed Office 2007. Things are fine EXCEPT FOR. When I get email (with pictures and graphics) they are all in little RED x's. Did not have problem in Office 2003. Please help me... Steve "Steve-O" <Steve-O@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:58C0B6E2-7BEE-47BC-B398-9037FB254F62@microsoft.com... > I installed Office 2007. Things are fine EXCEPT FOR. > > When I get email (with pictures and graphics) they are all in little RED > x's. > > Did not have problem in Office 2003. > > Please help me... Tools, Trust Center, Automat...

Stock Option Reporting
I am trying to run a Capital Gains report but my Stock Options are not showing up on the report. Does anyone know a work around to report on Stock Options? SMc In microsoft.public.money, shaunx4 wrote: >I am trying to run a Capital Gains report but my Stock Options are not >showing up on the report. Does anyone know a work around to report on Stock >Options? If you are looking at Reports->CapitalGains report in Money 2006 Deluxe, why would your employee stock option be expected to show up on that report? Maybe I should have clarrified. I am trying to view stock options th...

Outlook 2007 Does not pull all POP mail emails
I have Outlook 2007 running on WinXP Professional. Outlook does not pull all my mail from my POP mail accounts and when my computer is off. Even if I leave the computer on it still has issues with my emails not ending up in my Outlook. I have Outlook set to pull emails ever two minutes. I have no filters running either. I have these large gaps where no email are downloaded at all. If I look on the Gmail website at my email I see several that have not been grabbed by Outlook. Any help would be appreciated Warren -- Warren Jorgenson. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com...

Import contacts from received E-Mail in OWA (Outlook Web Access 20
Hello, if one of our customers receives a E-Mail with Outlook 2003 contact in the appendix, the OWA customer can open the appendix without problems, but it is not possible to save the the new contact in his own contacts. The button "safe and close" is not available (button is grey). Windows/Exchange 2003 native enviroment (last servicepacks installed), Office 2003 SP2, Windows XP SP2 (IE6 SP2) Could it be an administrative task in our OWA config or could it be a security problem? We already have check the MS KB-Article (883575) for the IE6 security and popup-blocker problem. ...

no option to add display name
I am running outlook xp on a both win98 and xp machines. In neither case can I find or set a display name for my email account (ie so others will see my display name). I have seen various suggestions about going to email accounts/change but there is just no option there for 'display name'. Is it something to do with the 'mode' of install? any advice appreciated david marcus David Marcus <dmarcus@netspeed.NO-SPAM.com.au> wrote: > I am running outlook xp on a both win98 and xp machines. In neither > case can I find or set a display name for my email account ...

Selective Mail Download
In Outlook 2000, is it possible to do a selective mail download, so you will only download mail from the server that you select, and not everything in the maibox? ...

Importing vcalendar data to multiple users
I'm running Exchange 5.5. Several times a year I have to create a large group of users. I'd like to be able to pre-populate each user's calendar with pertinent calendar events. Is there a way to import this type of data in batch mode? See if http://www.slipstick.com/calendar/holidays.htm#company helps. ME wrote: > I'm running Exchange 5.5. Several times a year I have to create a > large group of users. I'd like to be able to pre-populate each user's > calendar with pertinent calendar events. > > Is there a way to import this type of data in batch...

power options issue 06-15-10
After I click on Control Panel and then Power Options and set my monitor and hard drive to turn off in 15 minutes of inactivity nothing turns off. The only setting that works is turning off the monitor in 1 minute and the hard drive in three minutes. I am not sure what is causing this issue or how to rix it. Task Manager | Processes tab: What's still running in the background? Any Scheduled Tasks which might be interfering? What's your Automatic Updates setting? David Black wrote: > After I click on Control Panel and then Power Options and set my monitor &g...

Help, my views got messed up and "folder options" is now restricted
I have no idea what has happened here, I think vista somehow messed something up when I connected to a file share, but even that seems odd since I've been doing this for 6 months. I'm using Windows 98SE and have files shares on a LAN to a Vista 64 Home Premium machine. I can't choose "folder options" in the My Documents folder or any random subfolder. When I try to do so, I get a message "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator". I _AM_ the administrator, and there i...

how to update calendar in publisher 2007
Why doesn't calendar wizard update the dates when you change the month? It only changes the month, so I end up starting from scratch. What am I missing? sjn The calendar wizard works okay, it is there on the right when you select calendars. You may have to scroll down a little. It says "Set Calendar Dates" The Design Gallery calendars wizards are missing, this is a bug I hope will be fixed in the service pack. If you are asking about custom dates and appointments, they will have to be typed manually on each month, or copy and pasted. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office...