I created a table of contents and it includes words from figures

My table of contents keeps showing words from figures.  I have demoted the
text to body text, deleted it, etc.  It keeps showing up in the table of
contents.

Presuming that you have refreshed the TOC (F9), it suggests that the 'words'
are formatted as a Heading Style.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Nootech" <Nootech@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My table of contents keeps showing words from figures.  I have demoted the
> text to body text, deleted it, etc.  It keeps showing up in the table of
> contents.

0
Terry

I want year in one table to be less or equal year in another table
Hi I have some problems writing a query and I hope someone can help me. I have a database with serveal tables. In one table I have this information, Lake ID-number, treatment, year for treatment. In another table I have Lake ID-number, fish species (I am intrested in pike), year when pike is present. I want to find all lakes that have pike present before the treatment was done, I want the year in the second table to me less or equal the year in the first table. Is there a easy way to do this? Thanks Try something like this substituting your table and field names. S...

Creating array of specific object types dynamically
Hi, little gotcha. Some COM objects requires array of specific type. To give you example, following DOESN'T work: [array]$X = @() However below code works: [int32[]]$X = @() For my framework, array type can be dynamic and I don't know in advance what type it's going to be. So what I would need is below: [$PropertyType[]]$X = @() This doesn't work with error message "Unable to find type". As a workaround, I solved it using following: Invoke-Expression "[$$PropertyType[]]`$Var = @()" This code works as expected, I am just curious if ...

automaticly create graph
what i would like to do is create a spread sheet where by i entered the fixed and variable costs as well as the selling price. i would then like a graph to automaicly change and display the this info. Does anyone know how to do this. Decide which cells on the spreadsheet you wish to include in the chart. Select those cells. Follow the menu option: Insert/ Chart, and answer the questions in the wizard. Have you looked in Excel help at the topics concerned with charts, starting with "Create a chart"? Have you looked at the training material under http://office.microsoft.com/...

Create static text from cell reference

help with dynamic tables

Getting contents of adjacent cells

Publishing Layout and tables
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I am trying to copy and paste text from one cell of a table to another cell in the same table. The document is in Publishing Layout. The paste command deletes the text in the destination cell and then places a big empty text box on top of the table. I do dozens of these documents that are primarily tables and graphics. Previously I used Publisher on my old PC. Should I go back, or can this be done in Word for the mac? Hello, On 2010.01.29 8:44 AM, in article 59bb1ce2.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "Toni_T@officefor...

Creating a Graph
hi all, i want to create a grapg dynamically getting the values from a file.. take for example the first row is the x axis and the second row is the y axis. i am planning to do this in mfc. what needs to be done for this.. if somebody has an example relating this please send me the link or the code.. thanks Read the data. Plot it. First, you have to read the data. You read the data and build an array of <x,y> pairs in whatever way you want to save them, e.g., int, float, double. This is pretty elementary programming. To do a graph in a very fancy way, you should use an existing gra...

copy does not work in word 2003

Querying multiple records in two tables

Excel pivot table #2

A student figuring a formula for wages
Hello, I am beginner student trying to figure out a formula that calculates how to pay people for the number of hours they work, and at the same time figure out any overtime they may have. The wage is in cell B4, and the # of hours is in cell C4. Overtime is figured at 1.5 of the wage in B4. I must put the end result in F4. The instructor rushed through his presentation, and said to use the "if function". The assignment is due on tuesday and any help with this is greatly appreciated. -Thanks in advance ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted fro...

Tables in 2007
What are the advantages to converting a list to a table in 2007? Why does the table have a name? I did read in help that you can post a 2007 table to sharpoint services. What does that mean? -- Thanks. Confused Hi, Go to the excel help and type Tables then open the one that says Demo: Organize your data by using an Excel table, and then in How to do it, click on Overview of Excel Tables if this helps please click yes, thanks "Confused" wrote: > What are the advantages to converting a list to a table in 2007? Why does > the table have a name? > > I did read...

Create a Loop for create a phone call
Hi Best Regards Excuse me for my bad english I am developing a workflow, which must create automatically phone calls and assign them to certain users of the following way: it must create the number of 10 calls and to assign them to user 1, to create 5 calls and to assign them to user 2 etc the data of the phone calls is in a database I am trying to create a loop but I have not found like I am thankful for your help regards You will need to do this using the CRM SDK/web service. Do something like : CrmService service = new CrmService(); // Setup the CrmService class here foreach (U...

Deleting a Batch from company DB table SY00500
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_002F_01C96F54.F7568BB0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Is there a way to see all the TRX in a Batch saved in SY00500. Also, what if we delete a batch in SY00500 will there be any other place = to look for; besides this? I had a batch sitting here for a long time = and there were few (3) trxs ( Sales Credits) in it as well. I wonder if I could retrieve those one by one and then delete them as = well as these belong to a fiscal period which is closed plus we...

Stop changing of languages in Word 2003 when typing letter.
While typing a letter in Word 2003 it changed from English to what looked like Arabic language. I have rebooted 3 times and started over and still the same occurs. I even copied what I had in English to an email in Yahoo and sent it to myself and rebooted. Came back to that same email and copied it to a new email that I started to myself, and when I started typing it would only type in what looked like Arabic language. This happened to me once a couple of weeks ago, but never occurred again till now. What do I do? In the Language dialog box, turn off the option to autom...

Creating formulas to calculate time on a 24 hr time clock
I have to create a spreadsheet that will calculate total hrs worked. I've tried several different ways but I guess I don't know enough about building formulas to actually make the thing work. For example, I used a basic formula D3=A3-B3+IF(A3>B3,1)*12. This works to show the time but not the number of hours worked. If an employee comes in 1/2 hour late, it does not properly calculate this. How can I correct my formula? MW I have tried your formula and it works fine (with start time in B3 and finish time in A3). Format the reult as h:mm and it's OK. Andy "MWI...

Does table size make a difference in how well Access protects data
I am having a problem that has been going on for several weeks now. I am slowly trying to figure it out. the problem is that Access 2003 keeps deleting records after they are entered. Quick view of database: running Access 2k3 back end and frontends, 12 machines access the DB at any one time, mixture of Win2k Pro and Win XP pro all patches and service packs installed for all OS's as well as Access 2k3. Running Client/server set up controlled by Small Business Server 2k3. database resides on a machine running XP Pro. when new orders are entered into the system, the DB will tell the d...