How do I open the Word equivalent of WordPerfect's "reveal codes"

How do I open the Word equivalent of WordPerfect's "reveal codes"

Word has no equivalent as it does not use 'codes' to format a document. Word
documents are formatted with styles.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

KevinCSullivan wrote:
> How do I open the Word equivalent of WordPerfect's "reveal codes"

0
Graham
11/30/2009 5:56:00 AM
See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/RevealCodes.htm

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"KevinCSullivan" <KevinCSullivan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I open the Word equivalent of WordPerfect's "reveal codes"

0
Suzanne

Reveal Codes
Having used WordPerfect for many years, we are now beginning to use Word. In WP, there was a feature that allowed you to see all formatting codes called Reveal Codes. Is there a similar feature in Word? Thanks. In which version of Word? For example: In Word 2002/2003 > Format > Reveal Formatting With fond memories of WordPerfect 5.1 for DOS, Daddy "DJT" <DJT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DFC1B95B-1C81-43FA-A128-49140ACF7A15@microsoft.com... > Having used WordPerfect for many years, we are now beginning to use Word. > In &...

How get rid of reveal codes?
How get rid of reveal codes? the symbols are all over my document!! How do I get rid of them?? Try:- ALT + F9 If my comments have helped please hit Yes. Thanks. "Christa" wrote: > How get rid of reveal codes? the symbols are all over my document!! How do > I get rid of them?? Ctrl+* or Ctrl+Shift+8. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NonPrintChars.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Christa" <Christa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

How do I open the Word equivalent of WordPerfect's "reveal codes"
How do I open the Word equivalent of WordPerfect's "reveal codes" Word has no equivalent as it does not use 'codes' to format a document. Word documents are formatted with styles. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> KevinCSullivan wrote: > Ho...

Add "reveal codes" in MS Word like they have in WordPerfect.
Microsoft should add a "reveal codes" feature in MS Word like WordPerfect has. WordPerfect shows every formatting code and makes it so much easier to create and edit a document when you can see all formatting. If Microsoft had this feature I'd use it. Right now I'm a die-hard WordPerfect user. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the...

How do I reveal codes in Word 2007 Student Version?
I'm trying to force myself to switch from 20 years of using Corel Word Perfect to using Word, so I don't even know if they call all the formatting, spacing, bold....codes. See e.g. http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/RevealCodes.htm Peter Jamieson http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk On 15/01/2010 19:25, JLQ wrote: > I'm trying to force myself to switch from 20 years of using Corel Word > Perfect to using Word, so I don't even know if they call all the formatting, > spacing, bold....codes. ...