How do I install an existing word 2003 template in 2007

I need to install existing templates from word 2003.  I can add them under
templates recently used, and I can select them under change styles, but their
particular formatting doesn't appear on the ribbon.  I run XP but no Save In
Trusted Templates choice appears under Save As - as per help directions.
Tearing hair out.

Word 2007 is not fussy where the document templates are stored (apart from
the normal template). If the templates contain macros then the folder must
be a trusted folder. Either make the folder containing the templates a
trusted folder or move them to an already trusted folder. You can then
select the template from the 'New from existing ...' option in the Office
Button > New dialog, thereafter it will appear in the recently used
templates.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"IreneS" <IreneS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I need to install existing templates from word 2003.  I can add them under
> templates recently used, and I can select them under change styles, but
> their
> particular formatting doesn't appear on the ribbon.  I run XP but no Save
> In
> Trusted Templates choice appears under Save As - as per help directions.
> Tearing hair out.

0
Graham
2/7/2010 7:56:06 AM
Look at the current setting for template locations. Word Options | Advanced
| File Locations button at the bottom of the long dialog and note the User
Template location. Add your templates to that location. Or as Graham has
indicated, you can make this any location you want though by editing it.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"IreneS" <IreneS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I need to install existing templates from word 2003.  I can add them under
> templates recently used, and I can select them under change styles, but
> their
> particular formatting doesn't appear on the ribbon.  I run XP but no Save
> In
> Trusted Templates choice appears under Save As - as per help directions.
> Tearing hair out.

0
Terry
2/7/2010 10:00:13 AM
I think you've misunderstood the instruction to "Save in Trusted Templates."
If you are running Word 2007 under Windows XP, then Trusted Templates will
be one of the "places" in the Places Bar in the Save dialog. Click on that
to save a template there. For the purpose of moving the templates, follow
Terry's instructions to locate the Templates folder using Office Button |
Word Options | Advanced | File Locations.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)
http://word.mvps.org

"IreneS" <IreneS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I need to install existing templates from word 2003.  I can add them under
> templates recently used, and I can select them under change styles, but
> their
> particular formatting doesn't appear on the ribbon.  I run XP but no Save
> In
> Trusted Templates choice appears under Save As - as per help directions.
> Tearing hair out.

0
Suzanne

mail-enabled group in Exchange 2003 (long)
Some users are having problems with a mail-enabled group (or distribution list) in Outlook 2003 on an Exchange 2003 server. First of all, some background info. We were running Exchange 5.5 SP3 and a new server with Win2003 Server and Exchange Server 2003 was built. All mailboxes were moved to the new server and everything was fine. However, one of the few things that wouldn't work was the public folder permissions because for some strange reason, in a mixed mode domain, Microsoft insists that only "Security Group - Global" type of groups can have access to Public Folder...

Publisher 2003 file not updated on save
Hi, I have a client using Publisher 2003 under XP. The file she is working on, March.pub, is stored on a Windows 2003 server which she accesses via a mapped P: drive. Yesterday, she worked on a file most of the day and swears she did a Save very often. About 4pm, she saved, printed her work, exited from Publisher, logged off Windows, and went home. Today when she came in she opened the file, only to find that it was missing much of her work. I checked and in fact the latest version on the server is from about 1pm. I had no luck finding a temporary version on the XP machine's C: dr...

Microsoft Money 2002 install/uninstall
Money installation wizard starts every time I try to enter the control panel. I already have Money 2002 installed. However, after uninstalling, the program continues to be shown in my program list on the install/uninstall window. Please help. ...

The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to find out the correct address.
Please excuse the rookie question, I have been avoiding Exchange too long and now it has bitten me in the... elbow... I am attempting to set up Exchange to send mail... Whenever I send to a member of my domain (hosted externally) I get this error message... (I am using SBS, I have posted a similar message over there.) The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to find out the correct address. It appears that email sent to other domains is delivered without incident. I need to get the squar...

are there any templates out there to manage my bills?
looking for a template that will allow me to enter details for each payee/creditor, as well as a place to keep ongoing notes You could label the columns of a spreadsheet to suit your needs. CAPOinIT wrote: > looking for a template that will allow me to enter details for each > payee/creditor, as well as a place to keep ongoing notes ...

convert value in word. For Exampe Rs.115.00 convert into word as .
I want to show the a sum of few numbers in word. For Example- 90.00 25.00 ------- 115.00 -------- (Rupees : One hundred and fifteen only.) Hi Shakti, Here is a function I gave some time ago thatb caters for Rupees, Lakhs, Crore and Paise. To call it, enter something like =SpellNumber(115) in a cell Function SpellNumber(ByVal MyNumber, Optional incRupees As Boolean = True) Dim Crores, Lakhs, Rupees, Paise, Temp Dim DecimalPlace As Long, Count As Long Dim myLakhs, myCrores ReDim Place(9) As String Place(2) = " Thousand &quo...

Formatting Problem
I've created a blank booklet of x no. of pages with page size of h7.25" x w4.75" with 0.5" margins all around. I've been provided with material on floppies to incorporate into the booklet. The material is in the wrong font type and size and needs considerable change in other formatting. This I've done by opening the document into a WORD document of the same dimensions as stated above and tailoring the content to this WORD document. There are some centering, indents, right or left alignment. When I then try to insert this into the booklet in Publisher, s...

Centering Word Art on a sheet
I am trying to center a word I ased in Word Art. How do I center it to the page? ...

Word as email editor error message
When trying to open word as the email editor in Outlook 2000 user gets the error message - "This form requires word as your email editor, but word is either busy or cannot be found" There is a posting on the support site, but this does not apply as we are not running two versions of word, or two versions of any office product. Any other ideas Cheers On Fri, 28 May 2004 07:30:05 -0700, "Cory" <cory.martel@reddeer.ca> wrote: >When trying to open word as the email editor in Outlook >2000 user gets the error message - > >"This form requires w...

SQL Express Not found during Installation
Hello everybody When I want to start the setup of MSCRM, I don't want to download SQL Express at every client. I want to give setup the file, which I downloaded before. So I use the my existing file in the directory \SQLEXPRESS\SQLEpr.exe (I have this directory from the logfile.) The file has the correct name and version number, but setup don't want to find my file. With .NET and all other components it works very well. - Does anyone know what I could do? - Could it be a problem with the language of SQL Express? (we use the german client) - Has anyone experience with that? T...

front end 2003, back end 97
can i create a database using access 97 as the back end and 2003 as the front end so users of both 97 and 2003 can use it and update records? Bill Bedal "billb" <bill80003@comcast.net> wrote in message news:doOdnfBFKpsuvNjbnZ2dnUVZ_vumnZ2d@comcast.com... > can i create a database using access 97 as the back end and 2003 as the front > end so users of both 97 and 2003 can use it and update records? Yep. A relatively common scenario in fact. -- Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP Email (as appropriate) to... RBrandt at Hunter dot com "billb" &...

Micorsoft Exchnage server 2007 SDK
Hi. I had installed Exchange server 2007 on my machine.I had also installed Exchange server 2007 SDK.I am trying to run samples given in sdk but most of the samples are not working. Like In some programs they used CDOEX,EXOLEDB but microsoft doucmentation for exchange server 2007 says that Exchange sever 2007 does not support CDOEX,EXOLEDB etc. Is anything wrong with Exchage server 2007 documentation? Please reply.. its beta "Microsoft Exchange 2007 command shell" <MicrosoftExchange2007commandshell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0C14A2F6-B78A-43D0-9...

Outlook 2003 Startup Problem
I just installed Office 2003 and having some problems with Outlook. First I did an upgrade, but since I ran into problems, I tried uninstalling everything and starting from scratch. Still having problems. When I try to start Outlook, it just hangs at the splash screen and says not responding. I only connected to IMAP accounts, no POP. I have tried removing my PST file, and all of the IMAP pst files. I create new ones, but it still hangs. Where does Outlook store my e-mail accounts? I have removed all PST files that I know of, but when I start up it still wants to create new ones for all...

Lotus Connector for Outlook 2003 and Entourage
Does anyone know when MS will come out with the Lotus Connector for Outlook 2003 and Entourage on the Mac. Any information on the above is appreciated. Thanks! -- Have you checked their website lately? http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=8EBBBA59-5F17-4E52-8980-C4F0DFA92D65&displaylang=en --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer,...

New mail does not show up in Outlook 2007
I am running the released version of Outlook 2007 and when I am not connected to Exchange and pop email, the email does not show up in any folder. I can find the email if I search in All Mail Items, and in the search view it says the mail is in MyFolders/Inbox, but it does not show up. In addition, if I move the email from the search results view to a different folder under MyFolders, it doesn't show up in that folder either even though the search view indicates that the email is now in that folder. As soon as I connect to Exchange, it shows up. It seems like Outlook is trying to do som...

How do I count only if either/ or exist
I am attempting to count how many times there is a number greater than zero in either column A or column B. My goal is if A=0 and B=0, do not count. If A=0 and B=1, count. If A=1 and B=1, count only once. Thank you for any help "wildbillyd" wrote: > My goal is if A=0 and B=0, do not count. > If A=0 and B=1, count. If A=1 and B=1, > count only once. One way: =sumproduct(--((A1:A10>0)+(B1:B10>0)>0)) The "+" functions as "OR" in this context. The OR function cannot be used in this context; it will not be interpreted a...

Publisher 2003: How Do I "Flow" (rework) a CURRENT [saved] document?
Page Setup/Layout/Booklet/Landscape/Print two pages per sheet. With both Automatic and Manual "Two Sided Printing" the center page (both sides) is--- blank. At the bottom right, of each page in the document, is a "Text in Overflow" Icon. Right click does not present an option to--- flow, condense or correct. Thanks Johann Since you know the terminology, I'm a bit curious why you didn't look up "overflow" in the Help file. The very first link will tell you how to deal with this. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Johann B�cker&qu...

Where has the data map tool gone to in Excel 2003?
Cannot find it in 2003. Was there in earlier versions of Excel. It's gone as of Exel 2002. Here is MS's statement and a link to another program for map making. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010346591033.aspx tj "macray" wrote: > Cannot find it in 2003. Was there in earlier versions of Excel. If it still resides on the hard drive, you can use it from later Excel versions, through the Insert Object dialog. But I think uninstallation is pretty good at wiping it out. In my case, I have multiple versions of Excel installed on one machine, so Excel 2003...

Migration SBS 2003 -> SBS 2008
In the microsoft guide 'Migrate to Windows Small Business Server 2008 from Windows Small Business Server 2003' it says on page 10 that the router has to have a IP address 1 or 254 in the range 192.168.x.254. Our domain has IP addresses in the range 172.16.100.x Is this range a problem? So do i have to change the range 172.16.100.x of our current domain to have a succesfull migration? Kind regards Mattie During migration I think I have not teted on my own you can specify any class C network (after migration or installation SBS can work with other subnets than class C) but...

Access 2007 pivot
I have a complex query that is based on ERP data exports. I am supporting a multi-dimensional matrix organization. A pivot table would be a perfect tool for analysing sales, margins, and changes for different business units. I have been using Excel pivots a lot and also in this case started with excel. However, the amount of data and usability of reports limits the possibility to distributing information in excel. With Excel I was able to all the tricks especially using the calculated item functionality, which is missing from the access pivot component. What I would like to ha...

outlook 2003 and hotmail #3
I use outlook 2003 to access my hotmail. The other day I tried to send an e-mail with a 1M attachment to a friend of mine, who also uses hotmail. The message did not get through due to it's size. The problem I now have is that the message is still in my outbox and I can't remove it. I can't even open it. If I try to open it I get a meesage "cannot open, transfer of message has already started". My mail message to my friend seems to be permanently stationed in the outbox. Does anyone have any idea of what I can do to get rid of it, any solution which does not inv...

How do I change an existing range in a pivot table?
I have new data to a worksheet and I would like the pivot table to include this data, but I guess when I first created the pivot table the range was set and now the data is outside this range. How do I change this range? Right click on the Pivot Table and choose "Wizard". Click "Back" until you can choose the range again. When you have reselected it, you can just press "Finish" -- Regards Juan Pablo Gonz�lez "steve" <steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7D32D144-0701-40E4-B7B2-92EB9936EC14@microsoft.com... > I have new...

eConnect linking SOP transaction to existing PO
The current eConnect taSopToPopLink allows linking a SOP transaction to a new PO created by eConnect. It would be nice to have the option to also use this node to link the SOP order to a purchase order that already exists in GP. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the messag...

Access 2007 Application title
Ok this is really silly, how do I get the file name of the currently open db in the title bar above the ribbon? Going to access options current database, if I select overlapping windows the title disappears, seems to only work with tabbed documents(I'm not overly fond of tabbed documents)? I am often working on more than one db..this title helps me keep track of which db I'm in. Is there some other setting I'm missing or am going to have to bite the bullet and get to like tabbed documents. Thanks ...

Can't install Server 2008 Service pack 2 (x64)
i keep getting error code 800F0826 with no other info. trying to install on my sbs 2008 premium box. any suggestions?? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0048_01CA8ED5.5AF75FA0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Are you using the Microsoft tool to make this installation possible? http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=3Den&FamilyID= =3Dffd2fe61-9278-489e-9b96-3816394c9cb6 "BadBoy House" <mrchrishouse@googlemail.com> wrote in mess...