How do I find a document in Word 2007?

I realize that I can search for a document using Windows, but is there a way
in Word 2007 for me to search for a certain document, or a word within a
document?
--
jeannine

In Word 2007, there is no longer a specific user interface for searching
from within Word.

However, to search a folder in, say, the Open dialog box, you can
right-click its icon and choose Search from the context menu.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"jldube" <jldube@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I realize that I can search for a document using Windows, but is there a
>way
> in Word 2007 for me to search for a certain document, or a word within a
> document?
> --
> jeannine

0
Stefan

2007 outlook on 2 computers, same server doesn't capture all email
both computers have Outlook 2007 and are looking at the same server. One computer (Acer netbook) captures ALL my emails, while my office computer (Dell) has been missing about 20% for the past 2 weeks. The Dell has all my "files" and the Acer just has no files but all emails are in the inbox. Neither have any "rules". I work about 200+ emails per day for my business. Any ideas? -- Phil Which mail account type are you using? If POP3, make sure you have your account settings configured to leave a copy on the server. See http://www.msoutlook.info/question...

how do i find a true value between two different times e.g. 4:15
i would like to find the exact value between two different time in hours and minutes e.g. 4:15 (4 hours 15 minutes) and not 4:42 (4.42 hours) for example. Subtract them! An example: Enter 8:45 in A1 and 5:15 in A2. Enter the formula =A1-A2 in A3 and, voila, the answer is 3:30. Excel will automatically assign the time format to A3 if it has the General number format. -- Jim "Chris01623" <Chris01623@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF16BD54-CC0C-4188-B18D-1C3CE871D95A@microsoft.com... |i would like to find the exact value between two different time in h...

Creating hyperlinks between two publisher documents
Hi, I know that you can make hyperlinks to different sections within one publisher document, but does anyone know how to hyperlink to specific sections in one publisher document that would be accessed by clicking on the links from an additional publisher document? I know I can link from one document to another in general but I want to be able to link directly to specific sections within the target document. Is this possible? Using the insert html code fragment tool, insert an anchor on the target web page: <A NAME="READHERE"></A> Then write an absolute link or...

How do I insert a clip art picture into a text box in word 2003
Trying to insert a picture into a text box in Word 2003 with very little success. Using Word as some students in the community do not have access to Publisher. Trying to create 4 invitations to a page. Want to use a text box to include text and graphics and then copy and paste four times. Help. Hi Lindas you'ld be better of posting to microsoft.public.word.newusers rather than an excel newsgroup personally, i would use a 2x2 (or 1x4) table in word for this rather than text boxes. Cheers JulieD "Lindas" <Lindas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

office 2007 trial problems
I downloaded trial office 2007 student, and when I open it a few times it said their was a problem downloading and it wasn't complete, or something to that affect. How would I redownload it? Also in Vista msn mail when I click on spell check a window says I have not downloaded a dictionary in this language, and it doesn't correct any mistakes. What do I do? Also I'm new here; posting this it asks to select a discussion group. Looks like 1500 different ones and hard to go through them all, yet did not see anything concerning office 2007; what do I dio in this situation or othe...

Excel 2007 and large spreadsheets
I have a user that doesn't want to move to Excel 2007 from 2003 due to what he describes as "Specifically, my analytical tasks often involve creating very large spreadsheets (>100 MB) for data processing. I found that Excel 2007 tended to freeze up or calculate indefinitely when working with such large spreadsheets, and therefore was unsatisfactory for my needs". I can't find anything that addresses this type of issue. -- Len Robinson Manager, IT Helpdesk SkyTerra LP Len, type in:- EXCEL Specifications And Limits - on an F1 search within EXCEL 2007...

Cant use word as e-mail editor
If I check Word as e-mail editor in Outlook options, I get following message: "This form requires Word as your e-mail editor, but Word is either busy or cannot be found. The form will be opened in the Outlook editor instead." I de- and re-installed Office XP complete but issue is still occuring. If you open Word, normally, does it run? >-----Original Message----- >If I check Word as e-mail editor in Outlook options, >I get following message: "This form requires Word as your >e-mail editor, but Word is either busy or cannot be >found. The form will be open...

can't find registration library
Hi - Opening up my money 2006 software and i get a weird thing: accept money 2006 internet based services policy (i have the software for a while now), when i accept i get an error message : unable to load registration library (dll). anyone aware of this problem? any fix to this problem? In microsoft.public.money, ljmalka wrote: >Hi - Opening up my money 2006 software and i get a weird thing: accept money >2006 internet based services policy (i have the software for a while now), >when i accept i get an error message : unable to load registration library >(dll). anyone awar...

Outlook 2007 Lost preview panel
Of course this product just isn't very good, but now it's gotten even worse. The preview pane had disappeared and I can't get it back. Another example of MS ineptitude at creating a product that accurately works. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the...

Barcode labels from access 2007
Does anyone know if you can print barcode labels from Access 2007? I would like to label inventory that is stored in boxes. Sometimes an employee needs a part and checks out the part then later returns the part. I need to keep track of these parts and who has them. Any ideas? I am currently using RedBeam Check In/ Check Out but wanting to switch to Access. Hi, Please see my answer in response to your other post. Clifford Bass kaw wrote: >Does anyone know if you can print barcode labels from Access 2007? I would >like to label inventory that is stored i...

'Word is waiting for another application to complete an OLE action'
This happens when attempting to copy a visio file to word, wheter link, embedded or picture. Then is brings up Task Msnager. What is is trying to tell me? We have the same problem on a Windows XP / Office 2002 / Visio 200 configuration. Did you get an answer already ? I would like to know a well. Thanks in advance... Tjeerd karen wrote: > *This happens when attempting to copy a visio file to > word, wheter link, embedded or picture. > Then is brings up Task Msnager. > What is is trying to tell me? - tjeer ---------------------------------------------------------------------...

Merging excel data into word #2
Ok, I have a feeling this process is quite simple, but I haven't bee able to figure it out on my own, nor find anything in FAQ's. I have created an excel spreadsheet containing the following: students' last name, first name, ID number, advisor and counselo (obvioulsy Im in education) I would now like to create a phone call log for each student, but woul like to import each students' info into this word document. So as print the 100 or so pages, page one would have the first students info page two would contain the second students info, and so on. Any help is greatly appre...

Visio 2007 - "Save as" PNG Format
Hello everybody After googling around for about an hour, I'm gonna try here... I've made a drawing in 1820*980 pixel resolution, and want to save it in the PNG file format, but i get the error message: "An error has occured (920)..." when i used the "save as" function... No matter what format i choose... jpg, bmp, gif or png, I get the same error I found a solution on technet, but it was for Visio 2002, and it didn't help me out at all since it told me to save my drawing in png file format to get rid of the error message :-( I hobe someone ...

sending emails from a word userform
Hi everybody, I have created a word userform (in word 2007) and I need to send the data from the userform to a list of employees using the outlook namelist (contact list). there are 2 possibilities to consider: 1. opening the contact list in a stand alone computer 2. opening the contact list with activex control (for a big organization). can someone tell me how to do that please? If you are continually sending this data to the same bunch of employees, you could set up a distribution list. Write the form data to a new document and then call the following macro to send the d...

how to work writefile function with Microsoft Word
Hi, If we write any DOC file using MS Word i think we need ReadFile CreateFile WriteFile FlushFileBuffers CloseFile above functions.... Can anyone tell me what happned between WriteFile & closefile functions. if i hook WriteFile function & im using it like:::: BOOL WINAPI _WriteFile( HANDLE hFile, // handle to file to write to LPCVOID lpBuffer, // pointer to data to write to file DWORD nNumberOfBytesToWrite, // number of bytes to write LPDWORD lpNumberOfBytesWritten, // pointer to number of bytes...

Text Encoding Problem
I asked a friend to translate a letter I wrote in English to Hungarian, and she sent me back the translation via email. I then copied the text from the email message in Entourage and pasted it into a Word document. All of the instances of a letter that looks like an o with a double apostrophe over it (if it comes through this is it: ő ) in Entourage carries over into Wrd as something that looks like a capital O and capital E squashed together (if it comes through this is it: Œ ). How can I get the proper character to display in my Word document ??? ...

Icons for office 2007
Hi everybody, Besides Office 2007 builtin icons , does anyone knows a good source of nice icons (Preferably free)for office 2007 that I can use in my XML code for customizing the Ribbon? -- Best regards, Edward Hi, Here is a couple of sites that I use for icon's in general, but they have large amounts avilable :- www.deviantart.com www.wincustomize.com Just use the search boxes to help narrow the criteria... -- Cheers... "Edward" wrote: > Hi everybody, > Besides Office 2007 builtin icons , does anyone knows a good source of nice > i...

PWA 2007 Database Field for Tasks Updates That Need to be Submitte
Does anyone know what project server database table and field that could be used in a custom report to tell which task assignment updates that have been saved but still need to be submitted to the project manager? Gary ...

Running reports in Access 2007
Greetings, I initially used the button wizard to assign a macro to run my access report on my run report form. Within my report I had a button to allow the user to print the report and close the report to be returned back to the run report form. As I wanted to checked if the report was empty or not before running, I removed the button created by the wizard and manually did one and assigned the following vba code to it (see below) However I can now only get my report to OPEN in preview mode, rendering all button inopertable as you can't access it and have to use access controls to ...

Delete Saved Documents
How do I delete a saved document? Look up "Finder" in the Mac OS X Help. On 11/11/09 4:16 PM, in article 59babce9.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "DodoV@officeformac.com" <DodoV@officeformac.com> wrote: > How do I delete a saved document? -- This email is my business email -- Please do not email me about forum matters unless you intend to pay! John McGhie, Microsoft MVP (Word, Mac Word), Consultant Technical Writer, McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd Sydney, Australia. | Ph: +61 (0)4 1209 1410 +61 4 1209 1410, mailto:john@mcghie.name ...

Improve "Find" command: Let user specify color/thickness/blinking.
This is an improvement suggestion to Microsoft: To make it easier for a user to visually locate the next cell found by the "Find" command, please allow the user to modify the color, thickness, or blinking characteristics of the found cell's border. Currently, in Excel 2003, the found cell is indicated by a border that, although white and broad, is too difficult to immediatly sight, most of the time. Another problem is that the found cell is frequently hidden under the "Find" dialog box. Please improve the "Find" command by automatically moving the ...

Changing Font Colour if cell is certain word?
Can I make the font of a certain cell change it's font colour to Red if the word in the cell is, example, "Fail"? I want the change to apply from B2:F23. -- wuming79 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ wuming79's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=36037 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=560169 Use "Conditional Formatting". It's on the Format menu -- MartinShor Software Tester &amp; Musicia -----------------------------------------------------...

PDF documents
Hi Could you please help me how to combine more pdf pages to one? Thx. Not with Word! If you have the full version of Acrobat, you can combine PDFs to create one larger PDF. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> "kvitek" <kvitek@discussions.microsoft.com&...

How print and collate more than one multi-page document?
I have a 22-page document printed on both sides (duplex), and 100 copies are needed. When I try to print more than one copy, the printer will not collate the document, forcing me to manually collate. How do I change the settings to have the printer also do the collation? Any way to do this using Publisher 2003?? Thanks!!! "grateful gal" <grateful gal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1A2F6040-FDBC-461E-AAF2-87F07D6686C8@microsoft.com... >I have a 22-page document printed on both sides (duplex), and 100 copies >are needed. When I try to print more...

How to find User visible SmartLists?
Is there any way to easily get a list of all the SmartLists that people have saved as "Visible to User ID" or "Visible To User Class"? -- Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager HDA, Inc. Hazelwood, MO GP 9.0, SP2 Not through the interface. If you have access to to the SQL query tool, run this: select cmpanyid,usrclass,userid,asi_favorite_name from asiexp81 where userid <> '' or usrclass <> '' Copy/paste the results to Excel, and do what you like. :) Fantastic - thanks! Next question...can I change them to system-level queries (or can I ...