Full screen mode for just the document?

Is there any way to detach the document pane from the rest of the Word
window and size it independently?

My screen is landscape (wider than tall) and most of my document are
portrait. With Word 2003, I was able to detach most of the toolbars
and either let them float or attach them to the sides to free up
vertical real estate.

In XP, the toolbars are replaced by the ribbon, which takes up even
more vertical space. I know that I can minimize the ribbon (Ctrl+F1),
but I don't believe I can detach it.

Being able to detach the Document pane to a separate floating /
sizable window with the absolute minimum of borders would help a lot.
0
Sesquipedalian

No, but if it helps many display drivers allow the screen to be rotated
through 90 degrees. You could always put your monitor on its side? The
mounting of the flat screen monitor may even allow for that.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"Sesquipedalian Sam" <sesquipod@nowhere.noway> wrote in message
> Is there any way to detach the document pane from the rest of the Word
> window and size it independently?
>
> My screen is landscape (wider than tall) and most of my document are
> portrait. With Word 2003, I was able to detach most of the toolbars
> and either let them float or attach them to the sides to free up
> vertical real estate.
>
> In XP, the toolbars are replaced by the ribbon, which takes up even
> more vertical space. I know that I can minimize the ribbon (Ctrl+F1),
> but I don't believe I can detach it.
>
> Being able to detach the Document pane to a separate floating /
> sizable window with the absolute minimum of borders would help a lot.

0
Graham
6/6/2010 2:07:01 PM
On Sun, 6 Jun 2010 17:07:01 +0300, "Graham Mayor"
<gmayor@REMOVETHISmvps.org> wrote:

>No, but if it helps many display drivers allow the screen to be rotated
>through 90 degrees. You could always put your monitor on its side? The
>mounting of the flat screen monitor may even allow for that.

I do most of my work on a laptop with a very wide screen.

I have been meaning to look into a separate monitor, especially one
with the rotate feature, but just keep procrastinating. It seems like
any little upgrade / change costs me at least a few days of
productivily.

I guess I should switch to a Mac. I just read that Apple passed MSFT
in market capitilization.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-501465_162-20006024-501465.html

MSFT has lost its way and is now cannabalizing its user community.
0
Sesquipedalian

document in publisher 2000 on XP- won't open win98
I created a 4 page document in publisher on my computer with XP and Office 2000. Took it to another computer with office 200o and windows 98 and it wouldn't open correctly. Why is this. When you say correctly, does it mean it opens but some formatting is lost? Do both computers have the same fonts loaded? Are you trying to open the file from removable media? Copy the file to the hard drive and try again. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Thelma" <Thelma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

why is my queues full with domains mail i dont reconize
i have exchange 2003 and the queues is full with other domains mails. no matter what i do it still fills up. so when i send my mail out it seems to get stuck and not go out util i reboot the exchage server. this is getting crazy. ive been looing into my relay setting follow all the advice. So how do i clear out these domain now that i have locked down the relay stuff Sounds like you are getting Reverse NDR spammed. You can apply a recipient filter to your SMTP virtual server that will drop all email to non-existent recipients instead of sending an NDR. In the system manager, expand ...

Mode function
Hi, I'm using the following expression to return the mode of a list of numbers: =IF(H1028="","",MODE(H1028:H1031)) If the four checked cells all have values but there's no two values the same (i.e. no mode) what I need is an expression that will return me a default value of 2 rather than the #N/A error value. Thanks for looking, Steve. =IF(ISERROR(MODE(A1028:A31)),2,MODE(A1028:A31)) Regards, Stefi „Struggling in Sheffield” ezt írta: > Hi, > I'm using the following expression to return the mode of a list of numbers: > > =IF(H1028="...

A unique document number could not be found. Please check setup
has anyone come across this message Is this when creating a new transaction? It's possible that you've 'run out' of numbers....what does the module setup say? If you have something like ABC99999, it may not be able to go to ABC100000 without manual intervention. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html "rcr" <rcr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:642E314C-DFEF-48C9-BD37-EB047270430E@microsoft.com... > has anyone come across this message Victoria has one ...

Transaction screen resolution got changed one more time!!!!
hi, in one of my POS the Transaction screen resolutions sometimes increments its height with no reason.... After i fixed it do it again few days after.... Is this a common bug or some like that? Thanks Aldo, I've seen it happen before, it doesn't seem to be too common and don't know what the cause is. The only solution I've found is to always log in as an Limited User instead of an Admin. The Limited User cannot change the setting and make it stick, without a lot of work. -- * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other ...

Colored cells are showing white on screen, want to see color?
I have sheet cells that I know are colored, but they show white on my system, and print grayscale, while showing their true colors on other office systems.... Does this article help http://support.microsoft.com/d��efault.aspx?kbid=320531 Changes to fill color and fill pattern are not displayed in Office programs -- HTH Bob Phillips "dean" <dean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B1990525-1D7B-4E94-9653-80074F9AAEFD@microsoft.com... > I have sheet cells that I know are colored, but they show white on my system, > and print grayscale, while showing ...

I cannot import a word document in to Publisher
"mcattlin" <mcattlin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BB9A5204-71E7-4B21-8686-F09F7BA1404A@microsoft.com... > Well gee you may need an import license or something. Or if you want some help a few details IN THE BODY OF THE MESSAGE would be nice. Clues!!! Error Message Pub Version? Word Version? OS Version? Error Message? Method:- Copy paste? Error Message? -- John G Wot's Your Real Problem? I can. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com ~pay it forward~ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranti...

Import file to Word document
I have a Microsoft Word merge file, all of my information for that file is sitting in an Excel file. Is there anywhere possible I can get these two files to merge? Thanks Have you tried mail merge? http://www.officearticles.com/word/mail_merge_letters_in_microsoft_word.htm or http://www.officearticles.com/word/mail_merge_labels_in_microsoft_word.htm ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Y Y" <snuze@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:11li62cle2ti5ce@corp.supernews.com... >I have a Microsoft Word merge file, all of my information for that file is >sitting...

Saving New Documents on a network Drive.
Hiya. Whenever i make a new excel document and have to save it on our office network drive it says, "Cannot save Blank. This folder is read only." Only, the folderis NOT read only. All other software has no issues saving here but excel. any ideas? I'm sick of saving on the local drive and copying it over to the network drive. Thanks. Umm. . . any ideas? "MaxZ" <bmw@florida-counsel.com> wrote in message news:%23WKiYeI5FHA.2816@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hiya. Whenever i make a new excel document and have to save it on our > office network drive it...

the difference bewteen Student Version and Full version
Other than the price, whats the diff. between these 2 versions? is student version could open a wrod file normally, with all features in word 2004 version? In article <1161537708.952063.91530@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, "jay" <jwhkan@gmail.com> wrote: > Other than the price, > whats the diff. between these 2 versions? > is student version could open a wrod file normally, with all features > in word 2004 version? Hi Jay! Basically, the price, yes. But also student versions are typically not eligible for upgrades. That means if you buy Office 2004 no...

Not in recent documents
My Visio 2000 document don't appear in my Win 2000 Recent Documenst list in the Start Menu ...

Save As "Word 97-2003 Document" format does not save an RTF file i
Thanks for reviewing this question. Word 2007 does not convert a RTF file to the Word 97 (DOC) format when using Save As and selecting the type: Word 97-2003 Document format. To reproduce: Open Word 2007 add some text to the document Select Save As and the file type "Word 97-2003 & 6.0/95 RTF (*.doc)" Note file is saved in the RTF format Select Save As and set the type to "Word 97-2003 Document (*.doc)" Use the same file name. Notice you will be prompted to save the file again. (This is very annoying to our customers) Open the file in notepad and n...

Searching documents with tables
Not sure if Windows 7 issue or word issue, but I am trying to search for text in word document(s) that is in a table. In Windows Explorer I type the test in the search box and hit enter. If the text is not in a table windows search finds it perfectly, but words that are in a table it won't find. Is there a way around this? ...

Why doesn't Outlook open in offline mode?
Hi, I have a query- if Outlook is not able to establish connection with the Exchange server, then why does it not open in offline mode. I should be able to see the local pst and downloaded mails atleast ! ________________________________________ " If you think you can, and if you think you can't, then you are right"- Henry ford Starting a new thread when you have one allready been posted to re your problems will cause no end of confusion "Shilps" <shilpi_sri@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:93758D21-C5B9-4C7E-B82E-F5AD02585104@microsoft.com... > ...

Making sure a replica of another node is not saved in the xml document
Hi, How do I iterate through the nodes of an xml file to check if the newly added node is a replica of another node(incl. innertext and each element of the node and values thereof) ? If there newly added node is a copy of another node I would then delete the new node and save the xml file. All this would be done from the click event of a button in a webform. What is a good way of achieving the above? A code sample would be great. Thanks a lot Anita, Yould run an XPath expression against the document before you insert a new element. The most generic case would be an XPath like this: //*...

VBComponent documentation
Any idea where I can find documentation for the VBComponent class? Phil Hibbs. Found it here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa443982%28VS.60%29.aspx Phil Hibbs. ...

MSDN like documentation for Xml-files?
I would like to be able to generate documentation for a custom configuration file (xml) to enable future support engineers to understand applicable values to the various elements inside the configuration file. (see below for sample). Does any program exist (like NDoc) that is able to generate MSDN like documentation? <!-- CONFIGURATION SECTION --> <configurationSection> <caching> <!-- Should caching be used by the Configuration system ? Using caching greatly improves performance Values: "false" : Do not use "true" : Do use ...

2003 restore disaster recovery: Are the details in the "2000" documentation valid for "2003"?
I seem to have had a massive hardware failure on an exchange server (the only exchange server in the domain). Luckily I have a good backup created following the 2003 guidelines. I just did a search for 2003 disaster recovery and from TechNet : Exchange 2003 Disaster Recovery Operations Guide > Restoring Exchange Server 2003 > Restoring Exchange Mailbox or Public Folder Stores Restoring Exchange Databases to Another Server The link goes to a detailed document for recovery of exchange 2000 ( http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2000/support/dbrecovr.mspx ) Are the...

Help-Can't Open a Document
I saved a couple of Excell documents to a Floopy Disk. I >then wnet back and "re-named" them, now I can't get them >to open, yet they still appear on the Disk. The >following messages appear when I try to open them. > > "Doc can not be accessed. The file may be read >only or you may be trying to access a read only location" > >IF I try to copy or move the document the following comes >up. > > "Can not copy file" or " directory is corrupted or >unreadable" > >What have I done and how can I ...

Getting error messsages when saving a document
Okay, let's say I am using a form in Word. I make the changes in the form, go to the directory I was to save the document in, click "save as"..................and am immediately booted out of Word. XP machine, Office 2007. Only happens to me, no one else has complained of it. It is starting to drive me nuts. It only happens when the document I am working from was previously saved under a different name ..............and when I try to save my changes to the document into the directory I am working in. For example, I am using a form of subpeona from our forms dir...

My Documents & Outlook Bar
Just switched to Outlook 2003. In Outlook 2002 on my Outlook Bar I had a added a shortcut to My Documents (in a group called "Other Shortcuts"). I want to do the same in Outlook 2003 but can't seem to be able to find a method to do this - any ideas? Much thanks! Right click on a blank space on the tool bar. Choose Customize and work through the dialog box. "SamDev" <lnoble@ody.ca> wrote in message news:lKSNd.90538$vO1.567029@nnrp1.uunet.ca... > Just switched to Outlook 2003. > > In Outlook 2002 on my Outlook Bar I had a added a shortcut to My Docum...

How do I change "Document Title" to MY title?
When Importing Word Documents into one of Publisher's ready design options, such as "Accent Word Box Document," how do you change the "Document Title" that comes out on all pages, to the real title of my document? Using Masterpage only causes the real title to appear under the "Document Title" text, and I still have to delete every blasted "Document Title" Textbox separately, all through a hundred page report. There MUST be some simple solution. But hours later, I'm at the end of my rope. "Dr A R" <Dr A R @discussions.mi...

Paragraph spacing print is different that screen view

Full view screen
I have a sheet that can't be seen unless I use the full screen view feature. It would seem that the sheet is minimizes or hiden when not in full screen view mode. Does anyone have any ideas on this? Thanks. Maybe... Go into normal view Window|arrange|tiled and resize manually. Dee Henderson wrote: > > I have a sheet that can't be seen unless I use the full > screen view feature. It would seem that the sheet is > minimizes or hiden when not in full screen view mode. > Does anyone have any ideas on this? > > Thanks. -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

eConnect -- where to find additional documentation and samples?
Hello, I'm working on my first eConnect implementation, and I'm finding the included documentation and samples a bit short of what I'd hope to see. My needs are fairly light (or at least I think so), but I've been having difficulty "digging deeper". Can anyone suggest a good resource (or groups of resources) that I can tap for support during this project? In other words, if this was your first eConnect project, where would you go for additional support outside of what was included in the eConnect SDK? The main goal of my implementation project is to post ...