Full screen mode for just the document?

Is there any way to detach the document pane from the rest of the Word
window and size it independently?

My screen is landscape (wider than tall) and most of my document are
portrait. With Word 2003, I was able to detach most of the toolbars
and either let them float or attach them to the sides to free up
vertical real estate.

In XP, the toolbars are replaced by the ribbon, which takes up even
more vertical space. I know that I can minimize the ribbon (Ctrl+F1),
but I don't believe I can detach it.

Being able to detach the Document pane to a separate floating /
sizable window with the absolute minimum of borders would help a lot.
0
Sesquipedalian

No, but if it helps many display drivers allow the screen to be rotated
through 90 degrees. You could always put your monitor on its side? The
mounting of the flat screen monitor may even allow for that.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"Sesquipedalian Sam" <sesquipod@nowhere.noway> wrote in message
> Is there any way to detach the document pane from the rest of the Word
> window and size it independently?
>
> My screen is landscape (wider than tall) and most of my document are
> portrait. With Word 2003, I was able to detach most of the toolbars
> and either let them float or attach them to the sides to free up
> vertical real estate.
>
> In XP, the toolbars are replaced by the ribbon, which takes up even
> more vertical space. I know that I can minimize the ribbon (Ctrl+F1),
> but I don't believe I can detach it.
>
> Being able to detach the Document pane to a separate floating /
> sizable window with the absolute minimum of borders would help a lot.

0
Graham
6/6/2010 2:07:01 PM
On Sun, 6 Jun 2010 17:07:01 +0300, "Graham Mayor"
<gmayor@REMOVETHISmvps.org> wrote:

>No, but if it helps many display drivers allow the screen to be rotated
>through 90 degrees. You could always put your monitor on its side? The
>mounting of the flat screen monitor may even allow for that.

I do most of my work on a laptop with a very wide screen.

I have been meaning to look into a separate monitor, especially one
with the rotate feature, but just keep procrastinating. It seems like
any little upgrade / change costs me at least a few days of
productivily.

I guess I should switch to a Mac. I just read that Apple passed MSFT
in market capitilization.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-501465_162-20006024-501465.html

MSFT has lost its way and is now cannabalizing its user community.
0
Sesquipedalian

Generating documents or letters from CRM
I have been looking at Microsoft CRM and reading newsgroup posts. MSCRM has a lot going for it but has a couple of major flaws. The first is the lack of a feature to generate letters from within the CRM application. It is possible to do this with Email but most SME users will still rely heavily upon traditional written letters to send to contacts and accounts. It should be possible (and is in most other CRM apps I have seen and used) to generate a letter from either the opportunity, contact or account level. Selection should be allowed from a number of standard word templates which have the ...

print a form in design mode
I am working on a Form in design mode. I need to print it on the printer with label and data field names. When I print it it prints the Form as it looks when it 'runs' in the application on the screen with the data in it. The PrtScn button may work for you and be all you need. I use SnagIt which is an outstanding screen print utility. http://www.techsmith.com/screen-capture.asp -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "simcon" <simcon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:668970D5-4069-4194-B...

Windows blank black screen
When I start computer the windows startup screen shows then when it starts to go to desktop I get a black screen and cursor but no icons, just a black screen. I tried unpluging keyboard and mouse still just a blank screen. No errors. Same thing if i boot in safe mode. Doug -- ---------------------------------------------------- This mailbox protected from unsolicited email by Spam Alarm from Dignity Software http://www.dignitysoftware.com Fixed... Ran Win7 repair and did a restore to earlyer time. -- ---------------------------------------------------- This mailbox ...

Disappearing Mail in Cached Mode
I have a problem at a client that I've seen described in these groups but never finally solved. The problem is that one user (only) receives mail from 2 internal scanners through SMTP into . All email from those two addresses is visible in OWA and in Outlook as long as the Outlook is not in Cached Exchange Mode. If an Outlook 2003 client is started for this user's mailbox with Cached Exchange Mode enabled, the messages form those two email addresses only never appear in that copy of Outlook and disappear from the OWA and non-cached Outlook clients as soon as the cached Outloo...

Changing Sign-in Name on Opening Screen
I recently changed my Passport account to reflect my new email address. When opening Money 2004, it still fills in my old email address as my sign-in name. In Password Manager, it shows Passport emabled for my new ID correctly (my new email address). How can I get Money to fill that in on the sign-in screen rather than my old ID ? I suppose you could remove the passport association, run up money a couple of times and then reassociate it? -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To s...

Macro is Excel to populate a word document #2
Guys, I appreciate if you could help me do the following: I have a table of data in excel and need to be able to click a button in excel that will run a macro and send that data to a word document (In the form of a table) Thats it Thanks a lot Andrew ...

Merge two visio documents
Is there any possible way to merge two visio documents? That way two different people can work on the same project and merge the documents without having someone retype everything the other person did to update the document. See the other forum for a reply. Randall Arnold "TSoliday" <tsoliday@solidsoftwaresolutions.com> wrote in message news:OMOk4kyIEHA.2144@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Is there any possible way to merge two visio documents? That way two > different people can work on the same project and merge the documents > without having someone retype everythin...

Problems Printing a Linked Word document
I am having trouble printing a word document that has linked excel tables in it. When I print the document, some of the linked excel tables get skewed and distorted. However, they look normal on screen. What causes this? How can I fix it? -- jc ...

Log changes to full access permission
Exchange 2007 SP1. Is there a log, or is it possible to log, whenever anyone is granted full access to a mailbox or mailboxes? Thank you. Adrian What do you mean by "anyone"? Please make your request more specific. -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "Adrian" <NoSpam@Hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23eQ58rEaKHA.1640@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Exchange 2007 SP1. > > Is there a log, or is it possible to log, whenever anyone is granted full > access to a ma...

Inserting a complete page from one document to another
I am trying to cut a page from one document and pasting it to another document. Any help would be approeciated What problems are you having? Usually it is a straightforward copy/paste. If you want the entire page, edit, select all, copy/paste. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "RK" <RK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5BBEA70F-BD9A-479B-B6A9-F92933A0DC8B@microsoft.com... >I am trying to cut a page from one document and pasting it to another > document. Any help would be approec...

Update workplace screen
I would like to add an additonal column on the workplace My Work or Queues are does is this possible. Anthony Anthony, as long as I know you cannot change any column in the workplace. But you could design you own asp.net site and integrating it in the workplace menue left handside. Steffen Klipfel Development Lead ITVT GmbH, Germany >-----Original Message----- >I would like to add an additonal column on the workplace My Work or Queues >are does is this possible. > >Anthony > > >. > ...

Exchange 2007 CCR doesn't delete log files after full backup
Hi Running CCR Exchange 2007 on Windows Server 2008 with ArcServe backup software configured to backup Exchange database (mailbox-level backup). After backup finished successfuly the transaction log files on Exchange server don't get deleted, so we have for more that 6 monts log files that needs to be deleted. Any ideas what to check or how to solve this problem? As I know, log files have to be deleted after full backup, or are there any other options in CCR environment? Regards,Miha On Fri, 4 Jun 2010 11:23:20 +0200, "Miha" <miha@positiva.si> wrote: ...

How can I just count the records where the check boxes are "No"
I have a audit form and when something is not completed then it is not checked. I need to have a total at the end of each item to count how many records are out of compliance. Please HELP need by this afternoon Julie Gilliam <Julie Gilliam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a audit form and when something is not completed then it is not >checked. I need to have a total at the end of each item to count how many >records are out of compliance. Use a text box with an expression like any of: =Count(IIf([check field], Null, 0)) or =Sum(IIf([check field...

Exporting RDLC report to Word document
Hi, all I am working on RDLC reports, i want to export RDLC report to Word document, i able to export Excel and PDF but word , there is no such kind of facility plz give me any idea about this Thanks & Regards Saikrishna Alladi ...

Machine code is printed in middle of Publisher document
When printed my Publisher document on my HP 895 cxi printer a line of machine code symbols appear across the ducment about 5mm wide. The text and graphics are all printed but are divided by the line of code HP Deskjet Printers - What to do if the Printer is Printing Strange Characters or Blank or Partial Pages http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?dlc=en&lc=en&product=59306&lang=en&cc=us&docname=bpd09143 -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "john salvo" <john salvo@discussions.micr...

how do i set up a "send as attachment" shortcut in in a document
I would like to include a "hyperlink button" on an excel document that would enable the viewer to enter data, click on the button, and then have the document sent to an assigned email address as an attachment. Check out Ron's articles on working with worksheets/workbooks in email: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb268022.aspx -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!* "SB47MASS" wrote: > I would like to include a "hyperlink button" on an excel document that would > enable the viewe...

Example eConnect XML documents
MSDN says the following: Installing eConnect schema When you include the schemas component of the eConnect install, the installer places schema files in a schemas folder on your computer. The following schema resources are available: The install places the .xsd schema files in the directory c:\Program Files\Microsoft Great Plains\eConnect9\XML Schema\Incoming XSD Individual Schemas. The files in the directory contain the schema for each eConnect XML document. The install places a file named eConnect.xsd that contains the schema definition for all eConnect XML documents. The install typicall...

"last modified by" Incorrect in caching mode.
Hi, I have an issue with the "last modified by" comment for a calendar item in a shared calendar in Outlook 2007. (exchange 2007 and outlook 2007 spk2) To explain: userA is sharing their calendar with userB and userC. userc makes an amendment to a calendar item in userA's calendar. UserC sees the amendment, and the Last modified shows userC has made the change and the time is correct. If userA looks at the calendar entry, they will see the amendment and the time correctly, but it will say amended by userA. If userB looks at the calendar entry, they will see the amen...

Knowledge Base Document 862303
In an earlier post dated 9 December, I asked about resolving a register that has "server failure 111 while attempting to create a journal entry." A reply posted referred to this link. I've not yet received my log on info to access the PartnerSource (my application to become an RMS partner was fax'ed a few weeks ago). Any chance someone could send me this document as an attachment? https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;862303 Thanks, Rick rbiservices@comcast.net ...

No image in Read Only encrypted document
I created a Word 2007 .docm file using "General Options" to require a password to open the document. This was created using Office 2007 Windows XP Pro SP3 32bit. I subsequently installed Windows 7 on this machine, and re-installed Office 2007. When I open this document in Word, if I select "read-only", in place of the image (there is only one) is and error message with a red x in the corner: "The image cannot be displayed. Your computer may not have enough memory to open the image, or the image may have been corrupted. Restart your computer, and then ope...

How to change document from a Chart to spreadsheet
Hello, I had a spreadsheet set up in Excel - somehow it has concerted the document into a Chart and I need to change it back to a spreadsheet please.?? Right click on chart, location. Change to a sheet. -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!* "Tilly" wrote: > Hello, I had a spreadsheet set up in Excel - somehow it has concerted the > document into a Chart and I need to change it back to a spreadsheet please.?? ...

tab moves screen
Access2003 when one tabs between fields the screen will move up/down left/right as needed so the cursor is viewable on screen. but when one tabs inside a subform this doesn't occur - so someone doing data entry from a paper document , without looking at their screen, tabs out of the viewing area and then looks up and isn't sure where they are.... I tried inset a SetFocus from the AfterUpdate subform control temporarily to a control on the main form that would coincidentally reorient the screen viewing area - which will work if the cursor is going into this new control......bu...

No Sound Device /black screen / No Modem
My computer recently did an automatic update and I am having black screen problems; ~ tells me my ATI driver needs updating No Sound Device ~ SoundMaster no longer is an option in devices No Modem ~ tried to fix by reloading driver etc I have already gone to control panel. reloaded drivers from Lenovo website. checked services for audio, it's set automatic, etc I am using a Thinkpad T42 and everything was working fine before the updates. Can someone offer some insight please. Thanks for the help in advance. ...

Text extends off screen when viewing e-mails in outlook
How can I get get the text to wrap when viewing received e-mails? Even Microsoft Notebook has text wrap; where is it in Outlook 2007? it normally does wrap. What message format? Do you scan incoming emails with a virus scanner? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Let's Really Fix Outlo...

view cell fill colour on screen
I have filled a cell with colour but cannot see it on the screen. However I can see it in print preview. The same goes for changing the colours of the words I type Check this out................ http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=833258 The fill color, the fill pattern, or the line color of a WordArt or AutoShape object in an Office document does not change As directed, change the High Contrast setting in Windows OS for users' profiles. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 12 May 2010 00:31:01 -0700, nezzer <nezzer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...