Full screen mode for just the document?

Is there any way to detach the document pane from the rest of the Word
window and size it independently?

My screen is landscape (wider than tall) and most of my document are
portrait. With Word 2003, I was able to detach most of the toolbars
and either let them float or attach them to the sides to free up
vertical real estate.

In XP, the toolbars are replaced by the ribbon, which takes up even
more vertical space. I know that I can minimize the ribbon (Ctrl+F1),
but I don't believe I can detach it.

Being able to detach the Document pane to a separate floating /
sizable window with the absolute minimum of borders would help a lot.
0
Sesquipedalian

No, but if it helps many display drivers allow the screen to be rotated
through 90 degrees. You could always put your monitor on its side? The
mounting of the flat screen monitor may even allow for that.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"Sesquipedalian Sam" <sesquipod@nowhere.noway> wrote in message
> Is there any way to detach the document pane from the rest of the Word
> window and size it independently?
>
> My screen is landscape (wider than tall) and most of my document are
> portrait. With Word 2003, I was able to detach most of the toolbars
> and either let them float or attach them to the sides to free up
> vertical real estate.
>
> In XP, the toolbars are replaced by the ribbon, which takes up even
> more vertical space. I know that I can minimize the ribbon (Ctrl+F1),
> but I don't believe I can detach it.
>
> Being able to detach the Document pane to a separate floating /
> sizable window with the absolute minimum of borders would help a lot.

0
Graham
6/6/2010 2:07:01 PM
On Sun, 6 Jun 2010 17:07:01 +0300, "Graham Mayor"
<gmayor@REMOVETHISmvps.org> wrote:

>No, but if it helps many display drivers allow the screen to be rotated
>through 90 degrees. You could always put your monitor on its side? The
>mounting of the flat screen monitor may even allow for that.

I do most of my work on a laptop with a very wide screen.

I have been meaning to look into a separate monitor, especially one
with the rotate feature, but just keep procrastinating. It seems like
any little upgrade / change costs me at least a few days of
productivily.

I guess I should switch to a Mac. I just read that Apple passed MSFT
in market capitilization.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-501465_162-20006024-501465.html

MSFT has lost its way and is now cannabalizing its user community.
0
Sesquipedalian

CWnd to Full Screen
Hello, I just have a small problem, my app need to go in full screen and get the input focus. Not all the app but just a CWnd inside with an OpenGL context - I've tried many things and finally found this way : When full screen : - oldParent = GetParent(); - GetClientRect(&oldRect); - SetParent(GetDestopWindow()); - SetWindowPos(&wndTopMost,0,0,GetSystemMetrics(...),GetSystemMetrics(...),SWP_SHOWWINDOW); - SetFocus(); When want to get out of full screen - SetParent(oldParent); - SetWindowPos(&wndTop,0,0,oldRect.Width(),oldRect....

Document Saving
When I try to save a new publisher document nothing is saved although an icon is shown in the folder. What do you suggest I do? Regards Peter Are you working with an expired trial version of Publisher? What happens when you click on the icon that is created? What version of Publisher are you working with? -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression "Value increases with increase in font." <Valueincreaseswithincreaseinfont@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FE71047A-381F-42A5-B9D2-6541BA11863A@microsoft.com... > When I try to save a...

document user storage limit settings
Is there a way (util, vbs, etc) to document storage limit settings for individual users without having to manually go through AD? Once the documentation is done, is there a way to reset a group (OU or security group) to default storage limit settings? Background: We've been on Exch 5.5 for years and have just migrated to Exch 2003 Ent. Many of the 400+ users have individual storage limits but I would like to use the store limits are the primary limiter. Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated. Thanks, -- David MCSE 4, Network +, A+ "DavidTN" <DavidTN@discussion...

Send 900 Billion valid Emails in Just 5 Minutes Only!

Error sending with Electronic Document Delivery
In my test company, I post an invoice for a customer that is setup for Electronic Document Delivery. We had them setup to receive statements originally, and then used the Mass Setup utility in EDD to copy the information. When I open the Delivery Queue, select the invoice, and click Send Selected, after about a minute an error is displayed in the Error Status column: "unable to send to <insert e-mail address here>". Going into the Event Viewer, this is the error I receive: Association GetAssociations -1 System.InvalidOperationException: An unexpected error occurred while...

PPTX Kiosk-Mode Reset Timing Issue
I am trying to find a way to extend the reset time (five minutes) while running in Kiosk mode. Does anyone know of a way??? Thanks Chiraq has a free AddIn that might help http://officeone.mvps.org/kioskassist/kioskassist.html -- john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoint_hints_and_tips_tutorials.html "seanokenney" wrote: > I am trying to find a way to extend the reset time (five minutes) while > running in Kiosk mode. Does anyone know of a way??? > > Thanks Will give it a sho...

Customized thrid party screen.
Hi Team, We have modified Project Maintenance Screen by adding customized control for capturing additional information and this modified screen is referenced in solution using visual studio addon tool. Now whenever we click on any of the navigation button under Browse Box GP is displaying message box for either saving or deleting even though if no change is made on screen. For handling this scenario below mentioned code is implemented in .Net void PreviousButtonToolbar_ClickBeforeOriginal(object sender, System.ComponentModel.CancelEventArgs e) { ProjectA...

Edit distributions in Apply Sales Document window for Terms Taken
Would like the ability to edit the Terms Taken distributions from within the Apply Sales Document window so the correct accounts are updated in the General Ledger. ...

How to put cells in a document to organize it?
I scanned 2 columns of words with 25 rows..I need be able to show the lines when I print it..I will be using it as a study sheet ..to write definitions to the words..when I scan the sheets..there are lines when I print it there are no lines.. Can someone help me ..I would appreciate it... I'm assuming the scan is now a picture. Have you tried using the contrast/brightness tools on the Picture toolbar? Or create a table over the scan and adjust it to fit. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "yoko" <yoko@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AA3DDAEF-...

Microsoft Office Document Imaging (MODI)
I am encountering this error message "An error was encountered while trying to send text to Word. Please verify that Word is installed properly" when attempting to convert from a MODI/TIFF or MODI/MDI file to Word. I am using MODI for the first time!!!; Office 2003 SP3, Windows XP Media Center Edition, V 2002 SP3. Do not be misled, I have not had any issues with Word! Any ideas out there? -- BarryK ...

Template- when saved as a new document remove macros
I have a document template and have incorporated several macros (saved in just the document). I'd like to be able to make it so that when the user saves the filled out template as their own document (it'll have a new name of course)the new document has all the macros removed. If the template really is a template and not a document, when new documents are created from the template those documents do not contain the macros. They remain in the template. Resaving existing documents with new names is bad practice and will lead to loss of wanted documents. -- <>>< >...

security document
Hello: Is there any sort of document out there that will explain at least in a general way the different windows that appear in the Security Setup window to tell the end user what each window designates? The reason why such a document would be important is simply because the end user could take away access to, say, a purchasing window that someone else really needed in order to access another window. Thanks! childofthe1980s If you are using Advanced Security, there is an option that will allow you to double click the security and see exacly what window you would be affecting with ...

excel cannot open .xls the document may be read only or encrypted
In my windows 2000 domain, In one of my member server I have found that the users cannot open excel document and the permissions have changed and also the propertiies of the document cannot display the owner in the security ...

free autocad electrical autodesk full download crack torrent OLYGr@eiuG
We can crack or emulate any protection type: Dongle, Hardlock, Hasp, Serial, Password, Hasp4, Flexlm, Sentinel, Wibu, Eutron Smartkey, Hasphl, Proteq, All the Protections!! email = yshowsoft@gmail.com email = yshowsoft at gmail.com NEW UPDATES 2010 Artpro 9.5r4 with license (minimal of 2 license) Oris Press Matcher fiery impose Fiery Color Profiler 2 Preps 6.0r3 Dynagram Dynastrip v6.0.1 Dynagram inpO2 Artpro 9.0r8 (all modules included) Esko Visualizer 7.5.5 Esko Softwares Suite V7.5 PC/Mac Trueflow SE6.0.1 with SPM fully crack Heidelberg SignaStation v4.5.10.91...

desktop screen doesnt load
Hi friends, After booting I try to logon on any account but Vista never shows me any desktop. Unhappily restore points were disabled. Perhaps there exist some tool to recover user accounts thanks very much in advance Arthur What do you see? Can you boot into Safe Mode? "ox" <no@mail.please> wrote in message news:%235syAX6wKHA.4752@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > > Hi friends, > > After booting I try to logon on any account > but Vista never shows me any desktop. > > Unhappily restore points were disabled. > &g...

auto printing documentaion page in addition to document
I activated a feature that creates a report of the document, that I created, and prints this report as a final page, when I print my document. this page lists the filename,directory template, title, subject, author, key owrds, comments, creation date, and alot more,, how do I turn this feature off. thanks -- Terry Tools | Options | Print: Clear the check box for "Document properties." -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Terry" <Terry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

Filter Mode #2
Hi I have been sent a large spreadsheet. The problem is that when I fillter the data instead of the number of rows which have been filltered out being displayed on the left hand side of the status bar the words "filter mode" appear. How do I get rid of the "filter mode" so that status bar shows the number of records filtered? Elaine ...

Welcome screen default
This probably an old question. I very rarely use Money 2004 online. Is there a way to switch the welcome screen default radio button to not use online? I have to change every time since the default is online. Only by taking your .NET Passport off the file. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or email mnyukwsh@microsoft.com especially if it's a UK specific wish. I do not respond to an...

Electronic Document Delivery summary activity report
Hello: On Electronic Document Delivery for BP 3, is there a way to get the summary report to send to more than one user? Can it get sent to an Active Directory group? Thanks in advance for any assistance. -Joe ...

How can client read .pub document without MS Publisher installed??
I just finished a super complicated brochure that I am quite satisfied with. Unfortunately, it is useless because my clients are unable to open it since none of them have MS Publisher installed on their computers. ---- I tried converting it to various formats but it loses too much to be used. ----- Does anyone have any clue how this problem can be solved.....Q-U-I-C-K-L-Y? Thanks in advance! Steve Three letters - PDF -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "nj-professor" <njprofessor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3EB7D1AF-F318-430F-955B-AF328199...

Google screen flicker.
I recently install the Google Search 6.0 Add in to Excel 2000. It works great however, when starting up Excel I get a screen flicker. I know code can be added to Macro's to stop the flicker and have used it with success. But, I cannot find a way to stop the flicker with Google. I have read all I could about the add in but could not find anything about the flicker on startup. Thanks Charlie O'Neill Hi Charlie I never hear this? What Excel version do you use? -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Charlie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>...

scan a document to edit or type text
need to be able to scan a document soi can type on without recreating it What does that mean? If you mean using a scanner it is more of a OCR question, all scanned documents are images, if you have a decent OCR program you can convert it to a text document usable in Excel. Otherwise if you want a document that you can reuse you save a file as template (*.xlt), that way you will always open a copy of that template -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "aln2222" <aln2222@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:45E3F5EC-0FCF-459B-A1CB-C5B7BF3D498F@...

Screen saver to override default screen saver
I was given a PC with a screen save that I do not like and I don't have the permission to change it. I wonder if there are any screen savers software that can override the one ins display properties screen saver ? I thinking I can run the software in the background and it constantly reset the timer for the screen saver in the display properties so that it won't come on but itself has a timer which will lock and display photos that I want. Is there anything like that availabe ? Thanks. On 8/16/2010 2:40 PM, dingdongdingding wrote: > I was given a PC with a screen sav...

fit document to page?
I have a poster size page (20 x 30 inches) that I want to print a proof on a letter-size paper. I cannot find the option to "fit output to page size". Any ideas? Using publisher 2003. Publish to a PDF. There are free converters around. www.primopdf.com is one, there are many others. http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=free+pdf+converter -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "peter" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:OfBj8G5kHHA.596@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >I have a poster size p...

MSCRM Sales Module
Hello. I'm in the process of purchasing MSCRM Sales Module for my organization and wanted to see if anyone has written a functional spec document they would be willing to share with me. Thanks in advance for your help! ...