Custom icons

In word 2007, under word options > customize > modify there is a "Modify
button" dialog box. Is there a way to add some icons of mine?
--
geotso
----   ----   ---   --    --     -      -

Creating custom icons can be done in Word 2007, but it's more difficult than
in previous versions. Take a look at the article at
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Ribbon_Custom_Icons.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"geotso" <ge-o-tso@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> In word 2007, under word options > customize > modify there is a "Modify
> button" dialog box. Is there a way to add some icons of mine?
> --
> geotso
> ----   ----   ---   --    --     -      -
> Please, remove hyphens to contact me
> ----   ----   ---   --    --     -      -

0
Stefan
12/1/2009 6:28:58 PM
"Stefan Blom" wrote:

> Creating custom icons can be done in Word 2007, but it's more difficult than
> in previous versions. Take a look at the article at
> http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Ribbon_Custom_Icons.htm.
>
> --
> Stefan Blom
> Microsoft Word MVP

Stefan,

Thank you very much for your answer.
I followed the link and the instructions and finally I created a custom tab,
with a custom group and a custom image within it. However there is a minor
problem yet:
I can't make it run an assigned macro. When I click the button I get an
error message "The macro cannot be found or has been disabled...", although
the macro is saved in Normal.dotm and all security restrictions are disabled.

Here is the script produced by Custom UI Editor (partially edited by me):
<customUI xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2006/01/customui">
<ribbon startFromScratch="false">
  <tabs>
    <tab id="geotso" label="geotso">
      <group id="geotsoGroup" label="geotso">
        <button id="removeHyperlinks" label="Remove all hyperlinks"
image="testico" onAction="RemoveHyperlinks()" />
      </group>
    </tab>
  </tabs>
</ribbon>
</customUI>

and here is the macro:
Sub RemoveHyperlinks()
  Dim oField As Field
  For Each oField In ActiveDocument.Fields
    If oField.Type = wdFieldHyperlink Then
      oField.Unlink
    End If
  Next
  Set oField = Nothing
End Sub

Could you help me a little more, please?

Thanks again

> Your macro in Normal.dotm needs the control passed as an argument:

Problem solved that way!
Thank you Greg; and for the sample script, too!

Custom App Refresh?
I am writing a simple query against CRM and am running it on a Virtual Dir on the CRM web server. The app works fine, but when I recompile the application it doesn't always change the page. For example something simple like Response.Write("test"); works then I change it to Response.Write("test2"); Build the project and refresh the page, but the page still displats "test" whats up with this? try doing an issreset between loads. Looks like iis is caching your pages "Braden" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message new...

Custom "Item" Button at POS?
Hi All.. Does anyone know of a custom button that would allow say a "price check" by pushing this button and then scanning the product? I have found that when you look up an item within POS your receive the everyday price and not the sale price of this item. Also, it is very difficult to find other information for these items with the current RMS item screen. Too much clicking tabs to find information useful to the customer. If a customer calls or comes to the register to ask what items are on sale there is no way to quickly acheive this. One would need to ask the customer wh...

Custom Fields import question
Hi there, We are using Dynamics CRM 4.0 We created some custom fields in Account and Contact entity My goal is to import records into Account and Contact at the same time Using the parent account id in contact entity map to account id entity Problem -> The import feature in CRM can't see the custom fields Solution -> To accomplish this task we are using third party tools SCRIBE Software My question is can I import into CRM without using third party tools? Just SQL Server SSIS for example. Even If I have to enter them twice one for Account and one for Contact. Do I need CRM Ada...

Need for Someone to help me in Customized Custom Button
I need to use custom button to add item code to transaction screen but my Item code not always same Item, it can change Itemlookupcode depend on condition including Price or Quantity so that I cannot use Internal command 'PerformAddItem' , I write dll to use qsrules but it's not working , my code like these: Public Function Process(session as Qsrules.Sessionclass) as Boolean dim Entry as TransactionEntry Entry = Session.Transaction.Entries.Add(1,"11200",1,False,1,,,False) Entry.SetPrice(300) end function ****It's not working including c...

Reports - Customization - Add new Columns
I have a few questions regarding customizing the active reports. For example, in detailed sales report, we want to add columns like Average Selling Price (ASP), Average Units Sold/Transaction etc. How do we go about it? What needs to be done? Any documentation available? Regards. ...

display a picture in excel as an icon
Hello, I want to put a picture in a Excel cell and have it represented as an icon until someone clicks on it. What we have is an inventory list with pictures. Nothing I've tried seems to work very well. Thanks, Maybe you could put both the thumbnail and larger picture on the worksheet. Then assign them the same macro. If you use nice names, it might even work! I named my pictures: Pic01_B, Pic01_S (big and Small) through pic99_B, Pic99_S Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim myPict As Picture Dim OtherChar As String Set myPict = ActiveSheet.Pictures(Application.Caller) ...

customizing spell check
Anyone know how to set spell check so it DOESN'T check spelling in the supject? I reply with the same subject, which often contains email names & user ID & spell check picks them up as misspelled. Not an option. -- Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us "dialfred" <dialfred@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E60452EB-45FC-4E85-B1FD-0ACAFAD4AD61@microsoft.com... > Anyone know how to set spell check so it DOESN'T check spelling in the > supject? > I reply with the same subject, which often contains email names & us...

Adobe print icon missing from Excel
One of my coworkers has lost the Adobe print icon from here toolbar. We have looked in the View/Toolbars and it isn't there either. Anyone know where it lives on the hard drive? thanks. sandy Sandy... Mine is listed under View...Toolbars as "PDF Maker 5.0". Is it possibl that you just overlooked it thinking it is called Adobe -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Thanks. Yes, we looked there first. I found it buried in her commands and we created a new toolbar. thanks for your effort. sandy >-----Original Message----- >Sandy... > >Mine is listed...

Sharing Custom Satationary
I am using Exchange 2003 with Outlook 2003. I have designed custom a stationary. Is there a way to put it on the exchange server so that everyone can use it. Currently I have it stored in my userfolder on my computer, and I don't want to copy it to every users folder. Any info will be helpful Thanks Cliff Publish it to the Organizational Forms Library. Ask your Exchange admin for assistance. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be d...

Customization Site License
I have put in my newest reg keys and have selected Customization Site License checkbox which gave me a green check but when I try to enter a package I get the error cannot import package because the required customization tools are not registered? Restarted GP and it took effect. Thanks! "tstrop" wrote: > I have put in my newest reg keys and have selected Customization Site License > checkbox which gave me a green check but when I try to enter a package I get > the error cannot import package because the required customization tools are > not registere...

Exel's Custom toolbar
I assinged a custom macro to a custom button on a custom toolbar in Excel and attach the toolbar to the workbook. But when I copy the workbook to a network location and then to user's computers the path to the macro is changed. So instead of the path being "Macro1" it changes to "C:\MyWorkbook!Macro1." When the button is pressed we get an error message that "MyWorkbook is already open" because it tries to re-open the workbook. I've tried everything to stop this. Even Microsoft is ignoring me. ...

Still cannot Customize Outlook Today After You Install Critical Update 813489
OL2000: You Cannot Customize Outlook Today After You Install Critical Update 813489 for Internet Explorer http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;820575 Yesterday I was referred to this solution site. I followed all instructions but the issue was not solved-I still cannot Customize Outlook Today ...

How do I change the default reminder time on custom follow up dat.
I want to change the default reminder time when I select "Custom" as my follow up flag. Right now it defaults to 4pm. I know where the reminder time setting is in Tools/Options, but that's not changing the reminder time for Custom follow up flags. Change the Quick Click Flag to anything except Today and it will default to the start of your work day. http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2010/20100405.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tip...

Assigning macros to custom buttons in Excel (Office 2007)
I just upgraded from Office 2000 to Office 2007. I have macros already written. I have custom buttons already drawn. Somehow I've lost the connection between the two. In 2000, I would click View, Toolbars, Customize, then while the box was still open I would right click and it would let me go into a list of macros and I could pick which one went with the custom button. Now I don't know how. Any ideas? -- Thanks, PTweety ...

How do I create a pivot table if the pivot table icon or menu ite.
If rhe pivot table icon ...??? Please clarify in the body of the message. "Lynn@WS" <Lynn@WS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E6B098C-551A-4389-9048-7F4F5A6E5EF8@microsoft.com... > ...

Custom controls in a dialog to get keyboard input
A dialog in MFC has controls, some of which are standard (e g, edit controls), and some of which are customized (e g, a combo box that responds in a customized way to keyboard input). How can one design controls that are self-contained, to receive keyboard messages (e g, WM_CHAR), that would normally be intercepted by the dialog, or the base control itself. This needs to be done in such a way that the custom control can be "dropped into" a dialog, like a standard control, adding the absolute minimum of code to the dialog implementation. >How can one design controls that are sel...

Custom security settings not working (sort of)
Hi We have a syncronization program for a legal calendaring app that is running up against the object model guard. I downloaded the adminpack from Microsoft and set everything up per the instructions and it still will not work with this particular app (I had the same problem with an automatic mailing function in an Access database and the custom security settings did work for that). I spoke with tech support for the legal calendaring app and he is not aware of any users having problems with the security template solution. I'm running out of ideas. Anyone have a suggestion? Jaso...

big icon and modeless dialogs
Hi, my app consists of a number of modeless dialogboxes. When I use Alt+Tab to cycle through the open windows, the default window icon is used instead of the one I set with SetIcon. The 16x16 px icon shows up both in the taskbar and on the window though. Here is what I do: m_hIcon = (HICON)LoadImage( AfxGetInstanceHandle(), "myIcon.ico", IMAGE_ICON,0,0, LR_LOADFROMFILE); SetIcon(m_hIcon, TRUE); // Set big icon SetIcon(m_hIcon, FALSE); // Set small icon The myIcon.ico file has both a 16x16x256 and a 32x32x256 image but the big 32x32 icon never seems to be used and if it...

Import data to a custom entity
Hi, Can anyone assist me on how to import data to a custom entity, as I know the DMF can not be used for this. I do know that I could possibly facilitate this via the SDK, but I have very limited experience with it, and I am not a developer. If anyone have an example of what to do, or will be so kind to give me an indication or steps / procedures on how to do this, I will really appreaciate it. Regards Scribe will let you import data into a custom entity. If you are importing Contacts or Leads, you may be able to use the built-in Import functionality in CRM.. "YolandeDP-SA...

How do you customize the 'Print View'?

How to customize column width in Ressource Usage report ?
Hi, When printing the Workload, Ressource Usage report, some of the durations are stated as #####.##. I tried to make the font smaller but it did'ent help. How do I make the report readable? I am using MS Project 2007 SP2. Br Bertrand If you goto Reports, Custom you can see all of the built-in reports and you can see what they are made of and you will see that they use a filter and a table (and other settings and stuff). The column width of each field is a property of the table. Find the report that you are interested in, then find the table that it uses, then e...

hard drive icon
hi when I display my hard drive c on the computer, by clicking computer, the icon has changed asnd I wish to change it back. Instead of looking like a drive picture, it looks like an adapter you plug into a usb port.Are you able to help thanks Linda (I hope you understand what I am talking about thanks). The first thing I would do is check in the root of the hard drive C: for a file called autorun.inf and rename or delete it if there. ....Alan -- Alan Edwards, MS MVP Windows - Internet Explorer http://dts-l.com/index.htm On Sat, 21 Nov 2009 17:31:02 -0800, in micros...

volume control icon
Yesterday my computer shut down for some reason but is back up and running but now my volume icon on the task bar is gone. How do i get it back on. When I right click on the taskbar and open up start menu options under the system options the volume box is grey out and I am unable to check it. Any other suggestions to get this back on the taskbar????Help! -- Jill Download Fix Clock, Network, Power and Volume Icons. Download it here: http://www.paulsxp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=34 -- Paul's XP and Vista Tweaks -------------------------------------------- w...

Additional Information in customer properties
Hoping someone can help here. We're using RMS with HQ and 5 stores. All customers are global. In HQ manager, when I go to try and enter info into one of the five boxes in the "Additional" tab under "Additional information" under Customer properties they are all greyed out. Is this a setup issue or an option? I think I wish I'd been around when they did set all of this up .... but I wasn't. Also, any ideas how to update my user profile info for my user name for this newsgroup? Thanks in advance as always! Skip, You have to name them first. Any additional...

Can I create custom forms to add data to a Excel Spreadsheet? How.
see this site http://www.contextures.com/excelfiles.html#UserForm it has a sample WB that you download. good online instructions. >-----Original Message----- > >. > ...