Check box problem

I want to include a check box in a form I have created. It appears that to
make the box checkable by users, i.e. by clicking on it, I have to lock the
table/form. However, doing this prevents anyone entering text on the others
parts of the table/form.

Is there any way to make the box checkable without rendering the rest of the
form locked please? (One workaround is to double click the box and click on
the Checked option. However, this is not really a very user friendly
solution for what surely should be simple.)

Victor

For a form that includes check boxes, you must add text form fields and
dropdown list fields for data entry in the rest of the form. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customization/FillinTheBlanks.htm and especially
the forms tutorials by Dian Chapman that this article links to.

If you want to avoid a protected form, you can use a macro+AutoText-based
check box that requires a double-click; see
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Add_Toggle_Objects.htm

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Victor Delta" <none@nospam.com> wrote in message
>I want to include a check box in a form I have created. It appears that to
>make the box checkable by users, i.e. by clicking on it, I have to lock the
>table/form. However, doing this prevents anyone entering text on the others
>parts of the table/form.
>
> Is there any way to make the box checkable without rendering the rest of
> the form locked please? (One workaround is to double click the box and
> click on the Checked option. However, this is not really a very user
> friendly solution for what surely should be simple.)

Suzanne
11/24/2009 9:07:09 PM
Many thanks,

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" <sbarnhill@mvps.org> wrote in message
> For a form that includes check boxes, you must add text form fields and
> dropdown list fields for data entry in the rest of the form. See
> http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customization/FillinTheBlanks.htm and especially
> the forms tutorials by Dian Chapman that this article links to.
>
> If you want to avoid a protected form, you can use a macro+AutoText-based
> check box that requires a double-click; see
> http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Add_Toggle_Objects.htm
>
> --
> Suzanne S. Barnhill
> Microsoft MVP (Word)
> Words into Type
> Fairhope, Alabama USA
> http://word.mvps.org
>
> "Victor Delta" <none@nospam.com> wrote in message
>>I want to include a check box in a form I have created. It appears that to
>>make the box checkable by users, i.e. by clicking on it, I have to lock
>>the table/form. However, doing this prevents anyone entering text on the
>>others parts of the table/form.
>>
>> Is there any way to make the box checkable without rendering the rest of
>> the form locked please? (One workaround is to double click the box and
>> click on the Checked option. However, this is not really a very user
>> friendly solution for what surely should be simple.)

Victor

installation problem
I am attempting to install Money 2004 today. During the setup process, the program informes me that I do not have enough room on my C: drive for installation. I then changed the target drive to D: and the installation was completed. When I attempt to open the program, I get the following message: "Money cannot locate 'C\My Documents\My Money' or cannot open it, possibly because it is a read-only file or you do not have permission to change it or your disk drive is write protected." I'm sure this is a simple fix. Help! Thanks. The second problem probably ...

Access2007 ON_CLICK problem on IMAGE on a TAB CONTROL
Hi All, With Access 2003 i made a form with a tab control. One one of the pages there is an image control with an ON_CLICK event assigned to it (normal vba procedure). With Access2003 the ON_CLICK is executed correctly Exactly the same DB run under Access 2007 the ON_CLICK event is ignored...no reaction at all....... This problem does not seem to occur if the image is not on a tab control Nor does it appear when i replace the image with a Button control. Can anyone tell what is hapening ? Rob, this is a known issue, but it was fixed in the service pack Microsoft released this week. You c...

Comments Boxes
My organization uses a time sheet program built in excel. The auditor requires a "comments box" be added to note any changes made to the time sheet after the employee signs it. Sometimes there ends up being dozens of comments boxes all over the time sheet. We have to print each one and file them at the administrative office. My questions are, is there a way the comments can be printed on a seperate sheet? If so, can it list not only the content of the comments box but the address of the cell it referenced? Then, can it be coded so the comments boxes don't sh...

How to tell when Bill Payment is done electronically vs. paper check?
Am I correct in thinking that if I pay a bill via an epay, and I never get a paper check in return from my bank, then the payee was paid electronically, i.e., the payment to the payee never involved any paper check anywhere through the process? I recently switched from MSN Bill Pay to my bank's bill pay service (I send payments from within M03 for both). There's a piece of information missing for me when I switched to using my bank as the bill payer: I don't have a list of 'participating billers' (such as on the MSN Bill Pay website). Unless I determine who the t...

Outstanding Check List
We just upgraded to Dynamics GP 10.0. I was told we could now re-run and Outstanding Check Report, but I haven't found the option to run that report. Can anyone help? Thanks. Select the Financial Area >> Reports >> Chequebook Reports >> Chequebook Register. Select the option to only include "Unreconciled". -- Mick "Kathleen" wrote: > We just upgraded to Dynamics GP 10.0. I was told we could now re-run and > Outstanding Check Report, but I haven't found the option to run that report. > Can anyone help? > > Thanks. Thanks ...

Working around Passport Problem
Microsoft is still working the problem, but suggests this to handle things for now: (1) Type in username/password and select "I don't need to use online features that require Passport". (If you are not seeing this option, please try closing Money and reopening it. If that still does not allow the option to be shown, open Money with Start->Run and entering "msmoney -s" without the quotes into the box. (2) Click "sign-in" (3) Go to file -> password manager (4) On "File password settings" tab -> click change -> select "...

Problem importing a .pst file
Hi. I'm trying to import messages stored in a .pst file into Outlook (version 9.0.0.2711) with OS W2K. The file was created in Outlook under Windows XP. No error messages appear. The copying barometer comes up and it looks as if the messages are being imported. The problem is that I can't find them anywhere. What's going on? Tim They should be important in your main mailbox unless you've specified it to do otherwise. Do folder sizes indicate messages have been imported? You really should update your version of Outlook with Service Pack 3 and additional up...

deleting lines on text boxes
I do not want to print the lines in a text box in microsoft publisher. How do I do this? If you mean the line *around* a text box:: Click inside the text box Right-click - select Format Text Box Colors and Lines Tab - under Lines|Color, make sure it says No Line Click OK -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Paul Rozewicz" <Paul Rozewicz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C89EDDA3-8F82-4F19-BA70-75FE82061B93@microsoft.com... >I do not want to print the lines in a text box in microsoft publisher. How > do I do this? ...

Print area problem
Hello, I've got an odd problem, that I can't find any documentation on. On of the users in my company has a spreadsheet that when he scales it to 1 page wide by 1 tall, it drops it down to 10%. The spreadsheet isn't that big... It has 16 columns wide by 100 rows. Should fit fine on a standard sheet of paper. Any clue what could be causing this? Thanks, Wade You might use File, Print Area, Set Print Area to set the print area to exactly the range you want printed. The current print area (or active area if you haven't set one) may be larger than you expect. -- Jim Re...

Problem with 'multi-part MIME' email
Running Exchange server 6.5 SBS 2003 with all of the current updates. About 4-5 months ago, quite suddenly all of the clients began to receive some of their e-mail as 'multi-part MIME' displaying all of the header info and garbling both the messsage and any attachments. It is not constant. It just appears to happen on some e-mails [1-2/day]. I've noticed that this problem has crept up with people using Vista and Outlook 2003, but have not seen it as an issue for people running Exchange and XP. Any thoughts on how I can correct this? Hello Kurt, Thanks f...

Money Synchronization Problems
I have been using Money 2003 for Pocket PC for a few months as the main tool for keeping track of my finances. I have recently installed Money 2003 on my laptop but I'm unable to synchronize. When I synchronize, my money data on the Pocket PC gets wiped out and I have to restore it from a backup on the Pocket PC. Here is what I tried: 1- Installed Money 2003 to the default directory on the laptop 2- Reinstalled activesync 3.7 3- Reinstalled Money for pocket PC and made sure it installs to default directories on both the Pocket PC and the laptop 4- Followed the synchronize instructions in t...

Outlook 2007 initial send/receive problem, inability to close
Hi I have Outlook 2007 installed on a Windows 7 64 bit platform. There is one persistent problem which I cannot eliminate by using Office Diagnostics. When I launch Outlook, it carries out a send/ receive. Nearly every time, when checking the second account, it downloads all emails apart from the last one which it continues to show as processing. Cancelling the action appears to end the process, but it will not respond to any further send/ receive requests. Closing Outlook also won't work, as although it vanishes apart from the icon in the system tray, outlook.exe can s...

Many Problems...
I don't know what else to do... First: >>I've installed Microsoft CRM 3 on a server and the Web Client works fine. But, while installing the laptop client, it can't connect to the server!!! I've already added the site to the Trusted Sites List, but the problem still remains... Second: >>I can't use the Workflow Manager 'cause the same reason before. It doesn't connect. Third: >>When I go install Desktop client, it doesn't detect that my Outlook version is 2003 SP1!!!! It doesn't install either!! So many problems, I would like an answer ...

Inbox problems with OL2007
I copied the main .pst file from a OL2003 installation into a PC with OL2007 (where the data files were on a secondary drive that had crashed and needed to be replaced). Now when I can open OL2007 I can read and access all the subfolders from my inbox, but cannot open the main inbox. It always throws up an error message indicating "an unknown error has occurred. Please restart Outlook" Running SCANPST on the data file does not seem to help also. Any ideas as to what can be done to recover / repair the data? Have you tried a new mail profile? --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Out...

1 problem req help
Is there a way to set up Excel to save itself like every 15 minutes or so? Try Tools > Options > Save > Settings (Save auto recovery for every 15 min) ===== * ===== * ===== * ===== Daniel CHEN UDQServices@Gmail.com www.Geocities.com/UDQServices >Free Data Processing Add-in< ===== * ===== * ===== * ===== "SchubieDo" <someone@somewhere.org> wrote in message news:6jh991lbrm4brv2ug92q9342pj9do98fjp@4ax.com... > Is there a way to set up Excel to save itself like every 15 minutes or so? When posting please use your full name (first and last) even and be ...

Microsoft Exchange Information Store problem
Hi there, I posted here a few days ago asking about installing Exchange SP2 on a server that did not have SP1 installed first. I was assured that it was ok to do that. It turns out that advice might not have been the best. When I re-started my server I have this error: Unable to initialize the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service. Failed to retrieve msExchUce value from DS (DSVAL in error) - Error 0x80004005. I tracked down the problem via another newsgroup - the problem being the key you need to add in with adsiedit if you did not install SP1 first: Cn=UCE Content Filter,c...

how do I increase drop list font and box size I created
Font is small and you have to scroll through list due to box size If the dropdown was created using Data Validation.............Font size is set at 8pt Dropdown box height cannot be changed. For workarounds like using a ComboBox and using Zoom see Debra Dalgleish's site on DV Lists. http://www.contextures.on.ca/tiptech.html Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 4 Apr 2008 11:36:02 -0700, cdietz1 <cdietz1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Font is small and you have to scroll through list due to box size ...

Update Download problem
I downloaded the latest update for Outlook 2000. I did NOT have the installation cd handy. Okay, usually no problem, the instal quits. However this time, it did quit, yet now I am unable to open excel. It launches the instal program. The download was for Outlook. It has me boggled. Outlook, Word and Access open with no known problems. I have tried to open excel different times/ways. It continues to try to load the update. Any reasoning on the subject??? Thanks* ...

WAB and Office 2k3 problem
Greetings All: I've Outlook 2003 connected to an Exchange 2003 server. The only addresses that appear in my address book are the Global Addresses from the server, my contacts do not appear. Now when I go to the appropriate "Outlook Address Book" tab in the contacts properties dialog, the "Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book" checkbox is grayed out. I have several other contact folders that exhibit the same grayed out checkbox. If I try to add them from the Options dialog in the Address Book specifically, they don't even show up in the as being avail...

money 2006 problems importing from bank
whenever I import information from my bank uccu, it says that the import is complete and that I have one statement to read with 150 transactions to review, but when it opens to the account register, none of the new transactions show up. It shows the correct amount and date from my bank in the left hand corner, and it says that I still have 150 transactions to review. I have tried changing the online settings, emptying the temporary internet files, repairing the money file, and setting the account register to show all transactions, but so far nothing has worked. I have been able to i...

refund check #2
I have multiple customers requesting that the Refund Checks module be able to create Manual Payment batches in Payables Management. Right now Refund Checks only creates Computer Check batches. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/B...

pre-select new record in combo box
Hi, I have a form (frmActivity) with a combo box (cboStore) that gets its data from a table (Store). If there is a new store which dose not show in the combo box I have a command button on the same form that open a popup window for entering the name of the new store. In the 'on close' event of the popup I requeary the combo box (cboStore) on the main form so that the new store will appear. What I would really like is to have the new store already selected in the combo box when the popup is closed. Is this possible and if so how? Thanks, Phil Try after the requery of the ...

Bank Recon GP 10 problem
Hi We are a VAR that's upgraded one client to GP 10 and installed GP 10 for another new client, both on SQL 2000. In both cases there's an incorrect balance showing for Cashbook Balance field (cashbook maintenance screen) using the Bank Recon module. Also the cashbook balance is not re-calculated (recon screen) when "Incl Trans To Date" field is changed, for both clients. We can update the balance in Cashbook Master table (CM00100) in SQL but this doesn't solve the problem. Any suggestions? ...

Timesheet Problem #2
I am trying to populate a timesheet with dates depending on the start date in B2. If B2 is the 16th of the month of Sept, I don't want anything to show up on the calendar for the 31th (blank in other words). Here is the formula I am using, but not working. Help. TIA =IF(($B$2)="","31",IF(EOMONTH(B2,0)=TEXT(($B$2)+ROW()-14,"DDD dd"),"",TEXT(($B$2)+ROW()-14,"DDD dd"))) Greg Hi Greg, With seed date in cell $B$2 and using rows down to leave the 31st blank. But show all other dates no exceptions for weekends and holidays. EOMONTH is in ...

Pivot Table Refresh error "Problems Obtaining Data"
I can't seem to get data or change the data source. When I refresh, I get the error message "Problems Obtaining Data" When I start the Pivot Table Wizard, the back button is grayed out so that I can't go back and change data sources. Any help is appreciated. ...