Cannot see Access querry in Microsoft word

I cannot access a Microsoft Access querry when I try to do a mail merge in
Microsoft Word. (Microsoft Office 2003)

0
Guy

See response in the mailmerge fields newsgroup

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Guy Delaney" <delaney@unitedsolution.net> wrote in message
> I cannot access a Microsoft Access querry when I try to do a mail merge in
> Microsoft Word. (Microsoft Office 2003)

0
Doug

Logical tests between Word form text fields
I have a Drop-Down form field with "Yes" and "No". I want to place the value 4 in a Text form field in the same document if the user selects "Yes" in the Drop-Down field. I set the Text form field to type "Calculation" but can not figure out the formula to use that doesn't return a Syntax error or "Undefined Bookmark, Yes". While I have Word 2007, I need to create this form for users with 2003 and so am using Legacy form fields. Hi jstern, Instead of using a calculation formfield, I'd suggest an ordinary formula field,...

Autoclose Access Database if not using for more than a certain period
My Access database is working in a multi-user environment. Is there any function to close the access database if the user is not using the file for more than 2 hours? Thanks. See the following: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/210297/en-us or another option would be: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/304408 <xiaodan86@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1178590698.082941.302910@e65g2000hsc.googlegroups.com... > My Access database is working in a multi-user environment. > Is there any function to close the access database if the user is not > using the file for more than 2 ho...

word art 2.0
i have word art 2.0....there must be a way to change the thickness of the font...every font i choose to use seems to be in bold...which i DO NOT want...is there a setting to change..thank you Download the old WordArt. See if you get better results. You use it from Insert, Object, scroll down to Microsoft WordArt 3.2 (This will work in 2007 too) Publisher 2003/2002 Add-in: WordArt Compatibility http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=897AA11B-A37D-4586-A1A7-54BBEA375AE2&displaylang=en -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://ms...

converting word tables to excel #2
I have a document that describes a new piece of software. The cost for each feature is described in a word table. I would like to extract these tables (with a makro?) into an excel sheet automatically. Any ideas anybody? Eckard If this is a one-time task, you can open the Word document, copy the table, and paste it into Excel. Eckard Buchner wrote: > I have a document that describes a new piece of software. The cost for each > feature is described in a word table. I would like to extract these tables > (with a makro?) into an excel sheet automatically. Any ideas anybody? -- De...

Canadian Bank Access
Why does my bank "TD Canada Trust" show up as one of the financial institutions you can access on-line in the MS Money website, and yet it does not appear as one of the listed institutions when running MS Money 2005 or MS Money 2006 Canadian edition? -- Doug Brooks In microsoft.public.money, Doug11046 wrote: > >Why does my bank "TD Canada Trust" show up as one of the financial >institutions you can access on-line in the MS Money website, and yet it does >not appear as one of the listed institutions when running MS Money 2005 or MS >Money 2006 Canad...

No Internet Access
Hi, I hope someone out there can help me! For my Birthday, I've been given MS Money 2006 Deluxe. However, for the life in me, I can't install it as I'm not on the Internet at home (I'm sending this from a friend's PC). I just want to use Money to manage my simple incomings/outgoings. What's the installation procedure (if any) to install without having to have it on-line? Thanks in advance! Debi :-) Know nothing of the UK version but for the USA... System requirements list a 56kbs modem. On back cover of the little booklet in the CD box. Possibly for update...

access forms 01-28-10
I am new to Access. There is an existing Access database that I am working with. I can see all the tables, queries and forms. Do forms pull data from tables or are forms their own entity that have their own data source? I was kind of under the impression that both queries and forms have to pull data from a table but I am not sure. I tried to find what the data source for a form was but i could not. All data is stored in tables. Forms have a RecordSource property which can be a table or a query, either as a saved query or as an SQL statement. A query can get data from one o...

NavigationPane Access
Hello, How to hide the navigation pane in vba ? Only with : DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdWindowHide ? It's not possible with something like : CurrentDb.Properties("Something ?").Value=???? Other : Is it possible (in vba) to hide the ribbon ? Thank's in advance jpg "jero" <~jero@jero.net> wrote in message news:OG2zY5BmKHA.1652@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hello, > How to hide the navigation pane in vba ? > Only with : DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdWindowHide ? > It's not possible with something like : > CurrentDb.Properties("Something...

Directory Access Problem?
Good morning, I dont know if this is a problem or if it is by design. When I so to the Directory Access tab on my Exchange 2003 servers it only displays DC's and GC's that are in my local site. Is this correct or should it display all usable DC's? TIA, Ray It's by design. Exchange will use DC's/GC's in it's local site first. If you turn up diagnostics logging on the DSAccess though, you'll see events logged indicating which GC's are discovered and it should indicate some out of site GC's. The Directory Access tab only displays in-site GC&#...

How do I get pictures of certain equipment in Microsoft Visio?
I'm trying to use Visio to help illustrate our network. I know I've seen before where somebody had the exact equipment in his Visio project. How do I get those? Is there a main database with all the equipment, or do I need to go to each individual site and see if they have it? Thanks in advance. unless you are willing to pay for them at third party sites, the best bet is too check with the vendor. you might strart over at john marshall's site (www.mvps.org/visio) al "captmorg11" <captmorg11@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:336545C1-F340...

How do I import a WORD file into EXCEL? #2
I'd like to import a WORD table to Excel but when I go to "Select Data Source", only other EXCEL files show, not my WORD files but the Help function indicates that all files should be showing. I've selected "Text Files" from the Data Source; I've tried "All File Types" with no luck. Anybody have a clue for me? ..signed, an Excel Idiot......thanks! File>open and select all files or copy and paste -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "MauiMama" <MauiMama@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:27741FDC-23BA-478D-98AC-21760...

Merging 2 excel sheets with numbers and words
I started with one sheet (using Excel 2003) but took a copy home (on a flash drive)to work on and added data (both numbers and "X" 's) - using Excel 2007. I saved the work done at home so Excel 2003 could "read" it. Then, I did some work on the copy my computer at work (BIG mistake!!) So, the problem is: I have some data on my flash drive copy which is not on the work computer sheet, and vice versa. I want to merge the 2 copies - so I cannot replace either one because data will be lost. Options??? Way to do this? (It seems like it will be easier to "Co...

Recovering the word file saved in Temp folder after system restart
Hi, By mistake I had save one of my working document in the Temp folder (I open a file in the outlook and then saved as a new file and worked on it, never realized that I saved it in the wrong folder). Later I did a restart of my laptop and when the system came back that particular Temp folder (for e.g <<user profile>>/AppData/Local/Temp/wzbbff/<<new filename.docx>>) itself got deleted. is there any way to recover the file? I did lots of work on that document and wanted desperately to retrive that file. Appeciate your prompt help in this regard.....

Formula to see if a number is allocated
I need to find out if a number is allocated or free. Basically on sheet1 is a load of information. in Column G on this sheet is a unique identifier number. In sheet2 I have a list of numbers say from 1-100 which correspond to the identifier numbers in sheet1. Id like a forumla something like: "If A1 in sheet 2 = any number in column G in sheet1, then print Allocated, else print free" At the moment I have: =IF(A1=Sheet1!G:G,"allocated", "free") But it does not work. What it is doing is If A1 = everything in column G then say allocated, else say fre...

Bug Report: VBA runtime Access Violation
Thought I'd report the following bug, the following (silly) code: enum x: Me=0 :end enum sub foo: end sub Will crash any office app when entered into the IDE. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/commun...

Microsoft Office has encountered a problem and needs to close. --H
I'm having issues with Outlook 2007. I get the following error message; Microsoft Office has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. Click on the link to see screen shot error; http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n311/jokicmla/Outlook%20Error/outlookerror1con.jpg Then I get the following error dialog box, when I click "Send it to Microsoft". Click on the link to see screen shot error; http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n311/jokicmla/Outlook%20Error/outlookerror1.jpg This is the report that I received from Microsoft after sending “error re...

Can't see attachments
We've got a user running Outlook 2003. He often receives quotes and other documents from company's we do business with. On some emails he is unable to see any attachments at all. There's no paperclip or anything else to indicate an attachment was included with the email. If he forwards the email to a co-worker, they can see it just fine. If he views the emails in OWA, the attachments are there. I've gone over his Outlook view settings and there's nothing specific that would keep attachments from not being shown. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. Do you know wha...

How do I save to Microsoft Word Document format?
There are three machines in our office with Outlook 98 or 2000 on them. The 98 and 2000 machines I use have Word set up as the email editor, and I can use "Save as" to save an email in Microsoft Word Document format, including the attachments. The other Outlook 2000 machine was set up to use Rich Text format as the email editor, and only had the choice of saving as .html, Rich text, or Text. There was no option to save as Microsoft Word Document format. I changed the default email editor to Microsoft Word. I went into Tools, options, Mail format, and selected the check box for Mic...

Testing Automation for MS Access
I have a client who have created a MS Access 2003 application that replaces the UI for their black and green (b&g) system. The Access app was largely generated from the layouts of the b&g screens and has over 1500 forms.Each form has basic generic editing and when that editing is passed, the form controls contents are strung into a tab delimited string and sent to a mainframe for processing. Once the mainframe has processed the form contents, it responds with the next MS Access form to load and a tab delimited list of the values to be put into the form. So far so good. My problem is ...

Access 2007
Just converted to 2007. I can be running multiple databases at any given time. How do I get the name of the database to display in the work area - status bar - menu bar...? Very frustrated by this In Access 2007, the database name displays in the application title bar if you have nothing else specified to show there under: Office Button | Access Options | Current Database | Application Options If you want to programmatically show it on a form, use a text box with Control Source of either: =CurrentProject.FullName =CurrentProject.Name (depending on whether you want the path...

Converting Access 2007 database to 2003??
HiA client has sent me an Access 2007 database to look at. Trouble is, Ionly have 2003. Is there any way I can convert the file. It isa .accdb file.Stapes "Stapes" <steve.staple@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1174232720.992029.212060@e1g2000hsg.googlegroups.com...> Hi>> A client has sent me an Access 2007 database to look at. Trouble is, I> only have 2003. Is there any way I can convert the file. It is> a .accdb file.He can convert it. You cannot.-- Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVPEmail (as appropriate) to...RBrandt at Hunter dot com ...

Microsoft Dynamic CRM & VoIP (Voice-Over-IP)
Hi, I'm currently running Aheeva CCS (aheeva.com) & Asterix PBX (asterix.org) (on a linux platform). Right now numbers are loaded on Aheeva CCS and each time when 1 of my agents 1 to make a phone call to a client they open StarPhone (Softphone) to make calls. I interested in purchasing Microsoft Dynamic CRM 3.0 as my CRM software and would like to know if it will be easy to integrate with the above? Or does anyone here has a solution for my problem. I have started building an taskpane application which does just that. So I can help you with a solution though its not easy. I...

Last and Final Reminder
What is Happening? This message is to inform you that Microsoft will soon begin discontinuing newsgroups and transitioning users to Microsoft forums. Why? As you may know, newsgroups have existed for many years now; however, the traffic in the Microsoft newsgroups has been steadily decreasing for the past several years while customers and participants are increasingly finding solutions in the forums on Microsoft properties and third party sites. This move will unify the customer experience, centralize content, make it easier for active contributors to retain their influence, mitigate redunda...

Copying "To-Do List" entries to Word or Excel
I track all of my "things to do" on Outlook 2007 Tasks manager. I want to be able to print "to do lists" for specific categories and be able to transfer all of "to do" entries under a specific category, ie, Monthly Team Meeting, into a Word document to edit for agendas. How can I export my list of "things to do" from Tasks to be used hard copy or in Word? -- Tom Copy and paste... see http://www.slipstick.com/Tutorials/copyto/excel.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook &...

Spell Checking words with non-breaking hyphens (Ctrl+Shift+hyphen)
In Office 2007, spell check does not allow you to use Ignore All on words using a non-breaking hyphen, you are forced to use the Ignore Once option. Is there a setting to change spell check to allow you to use the Ignore All option?? ...