Cannot Register Document

Windows XP Home.  Dell Inspiron Laptop.  MS Office 2003.

I have just finished a recovery installation on my daughters laptop.
Everything worked fine - including reactivating Office by telephone -
however when I open any document in Word 2003 (not Excel) I get the
message...:

"This document could not be registered. It will not be possible to create
links from other documents to this document."

I have checked in Options etc but I cannot find any reference to
registering. I do not know what this is.

Can anyone help me with this issue?

TIA for any help.

Ed

0
Ed

protecting documents
Is there any way to lock only certain parts of a document? Can a select group edit what was locked in word 2007? Hi ye, Simple: Insert Section breaks before/after the portions you want to protect, then protect only the relevant Sections. On the Forms Helper, go to 'Editing Restrictions', choose 'filling in forms', then click on 'Select Sections' and uncheck the Sections to leave unprotected before enforcing the protection. -- Cheers macropod [Microsoft MVP - Word] "y e" <y e@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2A77E6DA...

Cannot open attached Word documents from Outlook
I get the no file association error when trying to open a Word document that is attached to an email. I have checked and the association is there, I can open them form Windows Explorer. Does any one have any ideas Using Outlook 2000 (not sure of service poack level) CW Mode on Windows 2000 Pro SP4. TIA ...

Tracking RM Unapplied Process from the Apply Sales Document windo.
In the Apply Sales Document window, if you unapply a payment from an invoice that has a write-off amount, there isn't anything tracked in RM for this process. We have the RM30202 table to reprint different RM Apply processes, so this can be used to track the unapplied process as well. The problem is that we have the GL transaction from the unapplied process with the write-off being removed, but we don't have the RM records to back this up. We have the RM record to backup the fact of the write-off being taken in the first place, but not when it was reversed back off. ---------...

icon and menu in sample MFC AppWizard(exe) -> Single Document
Hello Guru I'm using VC++ 6.0 If I create a new MFC AppWizard(exe) -> Single Document -> ... When run the application 1. the application windows frame title is not using the icon from IDR_MAINFRAME. If I import my own icon in Resource, i.e IDI_ICON1, how can I set it to use this icon instead ? in the code: // create and load the frame with its resources pFrame->LoadFrame(IDR_MAINFRAME, WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW | FWS_ADDTOTITLE, NULL, NULL); the menu resource is also name as IDR_MAINFRAME, so it just load whatever define under id IDR_MAINFRAME. Can I change tha...

When you save a document to read only how can you restrict printin
We are trying to figure out when you If I can see it, I can print it. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Beverly Cushinberry" <Beverly Cushinberry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1FD40D37-61EA-4517-A65E-096BF42294D2@microsoft.com... > We are trying to figure out when you ...

How to recover excel documents from damaged hard disks?
Is there any excel specific file recovering utilities? If not what is the best recovering program in your opinion? ...

Printing pubisher documents saved on different computers
I have created and saved a publisher document using Publisher 2003 on my computer, saved it to CD and printed it using another computer. The text appears not to fit into the text boxes and often text is lost. Cn I prevent this happening in any way? many thanks -- ROY See if copying to the hard drive and then printing makes a difference. Do both computers have the same fonts installed? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "ROY" <ROY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E0987F95-6C80-4A8D-...

Retreive document
I have overwritten & saved a document. Is there a way to get back the old ducument if it wasn't saved? Carolyn, Not that I am aware of but you should probably scroll a wee bit further down in the Microsoft interface to the Word newsgroup. -- Gina Whipp 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access) "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors II http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm "Carolyn" <Carolyn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1BA8FFA7-291B-45FB-90F1-E693DE1F7B53@microsoft.com... I h...

Table link documentation

How to call another file in your xml document.
Greetings. I have an app which calls "text.xml", which is stored on a network share. Each user has different text requirements. what I want is for "text.xml" which is stored on the network, to read a file locally on the user's macine (i.e. c:\localtext\text.txt) and populate it with the local contents and display it. So for each user the content would be customized to his liking. Please let me know if this is possible and if so, how. Thank You Hemang "Hemang Shah" <v-hshah@microsoft.com> wrote: > Please let me know if this is possible and if...

Keystroke for "recent documents" in Vista?
My work computer was recently "upgraded" to Vista from XP. I used to use [WIN] -> [D] to jump into "recent documents," and [Win] [D] [W] to open a document I use all the time that starts with W. (Or at least get me an arrow-key/[enter] away). I can't figure out a quick keystroke to do this in Vista. [Win] [D] just starts searching for things beginning with "D." Also, counter-intuitively, if I CLICK Start, then the next place I *want* to click is "Documents" because it's in the same place as "Recent Documents" ...

SOP Setup>Sales Document Setup options grayed out
Hello, I'd like to change some setup options on a sales document. When I go to SOP setup and select the Sales Document Setup button and select the document type I'd like to change then lookup the document type some options are grayed out. For example Allocate By and Use Separate Fulfillment are both grayed out and I'd like to change them. How to enable these options for a specific document type? Note that on some document types these options are available. TIA MP These options will be disabled for any document types with unposted transactions. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP M...

Document Connection for Office 2008 Home & Student
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi all, does anybody know, if the Document Connection which came with SP02 is also for the Home & Student Edition of Office 2008. Does it work for anybody? Many thanks! D. Hi, Document Connection also works with the Home & Student Edition. There is one drawback, though, as it only allows you to connect to Office Live workspaces; SharePoint is not supported with the Home & Student Edition. On 06/10/09 21:38, in article 59b7e021.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Deko@officeformac.com" <Deko@officefo...

Document Not Saved
what are reason why i can't save a workbook in excel97/2000(e.g. OQAWW26.xls), error message received: Document Not Saved. any workaround to fix this problem; is there any fixes available in Microsoft. any help would be appreciated. Hi Carl i experienced this problem recently when saving an existing workbook to a network drive on a unreliable network ... the only solution that we managed to get working was to edit / move or copy sheet (one at a time, ticking create a copy) to a new workbook & then move all code modules & then we could save the new version. when we check...

Printing the Register
Can anyone help me figure out how to print the MS Money register? I want to print all the information (ie - date, amount, payee, category) just like it appears on the register. I don't need a report just a print out of the register so I can compare with my bank statement. Thanks. Rick While viewing the register, you can click File and Print, but if you do this, what you get is what you get. If you use an Account Transactions report, you can customize it to show the date range, account, category, etc. that you choose. "Rick Vila" <rick@rickvila.com> wrote in message ...

Duplicate Entries in Register
I dint know what i did, but i now have duplicate entris for all my transactions in my register. This is very frustrating !! I do not use MSN and only downlaod directly from my bank - HELP ...

opening document has gridlines how do I remove them
When I opend Microsoft word, new document page isn't blank, how do I return it to a blank page. It has little gridlines all over it. Vickey, On the drawing toolbar, click Draw button, choose grid, remove the check next to show gridlines. Luc Sanders MVP - PowerPoint "Vickey" wrote: > When I opend Microsoft word, new document page isn't blank, how do I return > it to a blank page. It has little gridlines all over it. For Microsoft Word 2007 the gridlines checkbox is in the View tab in the Show/Hide box. Charlie ...

PM_Mass_Voucher_Save_Button trigger is not registered
I just updated to V10, SP3 and now when I enter Dynamics GP, I get the above message. I click OK and Dynamics seems to be running fine. Any idea how to correct the above message? thanks! -- Doug Do you have PSTL (Professional Services Tools Library ) loaded? If so, had you enabled the PM Minimum Check amount feature? If so, you need to get a revised version of the PSTL dictionary. This is not incorporated within the DynamicsGP10 SP3 download. https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/serviceplans/professionalservices/noam_pstl.htm?printpage=false ------ Robert "Doug" <...

Using 2007 Word to open 2003 Word document
I just installed Office 2007. When I opened any Word 2003 document, the formatting seems to be all skewered. For example, a page breaks off in the middle, and a five page document becomes five and half. Will someone please tell how to us Word 2007 in opening a Word 2003 document without the former formatting? The difference is almost certainly caused by differences in the Printer Driver. (It also points to some probably irrational formatting in the original document). -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services o...

MS Outlook Registered User
I've changed the registered user info in the registry before, but have fogotten where it is !! Can anyone remind me which key ? This is the name that shows when starting up. This Product is registered to - I want to change it back to Authorised User and not an individuals name. The registry key uses Hex for setting this info. Ta ...

Item transaction entry
We are on GP 9.0, and have several users that are getting the same message on the Item Transaction Entry screen. Whenever they pull it up and try to change the Document Type, they get the message "You don't have access to this Document type." We've checked Advanced Security but haven't found anything that jumps out at us that might cause the message. Has anyone seen this or do you know how to correct it? thanks, Hi Nick, Do you know whether you have customisations or third party module integrated with your Inventory Control Management. Customisatio...

Open any document type from Access 2K2
My databases can contain attachments such as PDF, doc, xls, jpg. At the moment I just open these within Internet Explorer but I would really prefer to open them in the associated application directly. I could have a big IF block to create an instance of the application with VBA but surely there is a better way. I'm comfortable with API calls, etc so any method is appreciated. Thankyou, Luke To launch any document from ms-access, simply go: application.FollowHyperlink "path name to document" -- Albert D. Kallal (Access MVP) Edmonton, Alberta Canada pleaseNOOSpamKallal@ms...

possible to have different page colors in the same document?
For MS07...Is it possilbe to have different page colors in the same document?? For other tasks (margins, page size etc.) there are options like 'selected section only' or 'whole document' but not for page color...or am i missing something??? SOS...thanks The page color is primarily for web pages and you can have only one such color per document. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "DCB" <DCB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E7B82DC8-ABF8-4055-A78E-4B1E542F5E71@microsoft.com... > For MS07...Is it possilbe to have dif...

Scan multiple pages into one Word 2010 document
How do I scan multiple pages into one Word 2010 document? Thanks Partha One at a time - unless you are using OCR software that has a multi-page facility. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> "mcp111" <mcp111@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

How do I eliminate an unwanted second page of a document in word.
Let say I type a simple letter document in word 2003. My letter goes on to a second page, but after editing and changes I really have just a one page letter. However my document now has two pages, but my second page is blank. How do I get rid of that second blank page? Turn on Show Non-Printing Characters (Ctrl-Shift-8), and delete all the extra paragraph marks at the end. There are other ways to get blank pages, but extra stuff at the bottom is the most likely with a simple letter. On Dec 10, 10:32=A0am, Paper Man II <Paper Man I...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...