Appending Word Docs

I have created a number of how-to docs in Word (Word 8 for Mac) on how
to use the database that we use (for distribution to the database
users). Each doc has a header with the company logo on the left of the
header and the title of the doc to the right of the logo. All docs are
the same size in terms of margins.

I would like to create one doc containing all the individuals docs that
I have created - but with one catch.  I want the header of the
individual docs to remain when they become appended to the master
document. Is this possible?

Or are there alternative solutions?

Your help is appreciated.

Onesimus

--
Onesimus
0

I've now seen this identical question posted in three different newsgroups.
Have you not read any of the answers. You may be using a different name to
post each time, but this is too much of a coincidence. See my reply in the
Windows Secrets Lounge.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Onesimus" <Onesimus.5ce3916@wordbanter.com> wrote in message

> I have created a number of how-to docs in Word (Word 8 for Mac) on how
> to use the database that we use (for distribution to the database
> users). Each doc has a header with the company logo on the left of the
> header and the title of the doc to the right of the logo. All docs are
> the same size in terms of margins.
>
> I would like to create one doc containing all the individuals docs that
> I have created - but with one catch.  I want the header of the
> individual docs to remain when they become appended to the master
> document. Is this possible?
>
> Or are there alternative solutions?
>
> Your help is appreciated.
>
> Onesimus
>

> --
> Onesimus

0
Terry

Word doc will not delete from print Q (Word 2000) help please
I can not delete a word doc from the print Q. (It is word 2000) It has been there for 2 days and states deleting...P but will not delete and printer will not operate, can anyone please advise how to fix. Thank you. Sorry, the print queue is not handled by Office but by the operating system. Try turning off the printer and the computer and restarting both. Diane wrote: > I can not delete a word doc from the print Q. (It is word 2000) It has been > there for 2 days and states deleting...P but will not delete and printer will > not operate, can anyone please advise ...

Track changes option in Ms.Word 2003
in Ms.Word 2003, im trying to use TRACK changing option. In that im not able to get the Ballons detail properly, can any one help me to solve this. thanks in advance... -- anipriya What is the problem with the balloons? -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Ani.priya" <Anipriya@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0406FF8A-87C3-407B-B4F6-8094FA559741@microsoft.com... > in Ms.Word 2003, im trying to use TRACK changing option. In that im not > able > to get the Ballo...

Create new spreadsheet based on template from macro in Word
Hello, I am trying to put my Excel templates on a menu in Word along with my Word templates, hoping that I can create a new spreadsheet based on my Excel template. I have these two macros which I have tried with no luck: Sub Tryit() Dim xlApp As Object Dim xlWB As Object Dim xlWS As Object Dim cRows As Long Dim i As Long Set xlApp = CreateObject("Excel.Application") Set xlWB = xlApp.Workbooks.Add("C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Templates\Timetable\Rule16 fed.xlt") Set xlWS = xlWB.Worksheets(1) End Sub Sub tryitagain() Dim xlWB As Object D...

feeding a word table from an excel table
I have a word table that I want to have its contents linked and updated when an excel table is updated How can I do that. I posted this on Word group but no one answered it. I hope someone here can >-----Original Message----- >I have a word table that I want to have its contents >linked and updated when an excel table is updated >How can I do that. Copy the Table in Excel. Switch to Word Choose Edit, PasteSpecial and click the Link file checkbox. Regards Peter ...

Word comments (annotating) system stuck in capitals

embedding a long word document
I am trying to embed a two page word document into excel but only one page appears. Other than creating a text box and (which doesn't preserve formatting) and pasting test into it, is there any other way? Binder used to be an option but sadly, it is gone. Thank you, Create two word documents and embed both?? Or just tell the recipients to double click on the embedded document and view/print from there. r1mccann wrote: > > I am trying to embed a two page word document into excel but only one page > appears. Other than creating a text box and (which doesn't preserve &...

Charts 'floating' in word 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Hello, <br> This might sound very basic: I have a very long word document and have several charts that I've created in excel (mainly these have been created in Excel 2004 because I need the ability to create them with hatching/patterns). I have inserted the charts into my document using the copy &amp; paste special method. The problem I have is that they seem to jump about at random which causes me lots of problems as they should be next to certain paragraphs. Is there a way to anchor them to a pa...

Word Code Cleaner work with Word 2003?
Does anyone know if the Word Code Cleaner works with Word 2003? The accompanying documentation mentions only Word 97, 2000 and 2002. Thanks. If it works with 2002, then there would be no reason for it not to work with 2003. 2007 may be different however. -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services on a paid professional basis. "Rick" <rick0726@verizon.net> wrote in message news:5164225f-b7eb-46b3-b063-ea376e8a87f5@q6g2000vbi.googlegroups.com... > Does anyone know if the Word C...

Equations in word 2007
If I'm using the Cambria font in a document and then try to insert an equation the font is changed to MS Mincho and oblique rectangles appear. Does anyone know how to fix this? I'd like the font in my document to match the font in the equations. If I use other fonts like Times New Roman or Calibri this error does not happen. See the following thread: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/word/thread/0c6c9948-765e-418b-ab47-bbe92776de18 The 'solution' is a bit drastic if you ask me, but if it works... Yves "Dr.Lav" <Dr.Lav@discuss...

Outlook Word editor
When Outlook is configured for Word as default editor in new messages, my MAPI device opens Outlook email message in the Outlook editor. ...

appending disclaimer to only external messages
We use Outlook as a mail client in a corporate network. Now lawers insist a legal disclaimer (ca one page long) to be appended to the bottom of every outgoing message. Now we have this disclaimer appended to every internal coprrespondence wich is nonsense. Is it possible to set Outlook so that that the disclaimer is not appended to internal correspondence? Also we have the full title, company address, phones, faxes nombers etc automatically appeding to the signature. Is it also possible to make that these are applied only to the external correspondence? Don't try to manage this on a cl...

How do I recover Word when not responding every time it is open?
Whenever I try to open word, it gets stuck trying to recover an old document and then doesn't respond. I've tried restarting and shutting down my computer to no avail. I basically cannot use word right now. Any suggestions on how "re-boot" word? I have Word 2007. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/ProblemsStartingWord.htm -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "mrshah80" <mrshah80@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1D3FB08D-40B5-4E3A-9710-5C89655CFCF9@microsoft.com... > Whenever I try to open word, it gets stuck trying to rec...

Any trick for calculate the number words in the text file?
for some reason, i have to write some code to calculate the number of words which exists in the text file. the language of text is international. but, at above of them, i wanna write some code to figure the western language out. but, i really cannt get any trick or idea for it. so, i wrote this post to ask for some helps. any reply is appreciated :-) -- Frank F.Han +-----------------------------------------+ | winsays@:-)hotmail:-).com | +-----------------------------------------+ "Frank" <winsays@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23$k40e2XEHA.2940@TK2MSFTN...

.doc not a valid win32 application???
Okay I am very frustrated, I have laptop running Vista, recently upgraded my Office to 2007. Now I am having the error ".doc not a valid win32 application" when opening Word documents. I have checked the file associations and I have downloaded and installed Micosoft Format Compatibility, but nothing seems to work. Please help. Hi Matt I guess the file association got screwed up and you need to reassociate the extension with Microsoft word. Normally, the actual application file will reside in C:\program files/microsoft office/office12/winword or search for the file...

How do I list more opened Word docs under the File menu
Word 2003 displays the last 4 Word files opened on clicking the File menu. I would like to increase this to about 20. Can this be done, and if so, how? In Word 2003, the maximum number that can be shown is 9 and it can be set via Tools>Options>General -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "Wellington" <Wellington@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A9B8C9D4-4F78-4A92-94C6-8DC0D41388...

outlook
my outlook 2002 can not seem to find it's 'word editor' how/ what do I need to fix this? I have already checked the box under mail setup re: using word - but the error continues to popup and say it's busy or can not be found - help? Do you also have Word 2002? alex wrote: > my outlook 2002 can not seem to find it's 'word editor' > how/ what do I need to fix this? I have already checked > the box under mail setup re: using word - but the error > continues to popup and say it's busy or can not be found - > help? ...

convert doc to docx on network shared folder
HI all Please answear if somebody had a problem with duplicate word files on netword drive/folder after converting. Usualy i doing like: 1. open doc file 2. going to menu and choosing convert to docx 3. going to menu and choosing save after that i have a two files with hthe same name but with extension .doc and second .docx When i doing the same with file located on local disk. File .doc is repleced by docx and the same i would like to do on network drivers. Could anyone help with this ? thanks a lot Majchrowski M.;694095 Wrote: > Please answear if someb...

Moving Excel Charts into Word Documents: font sizes change
May I please ask you to help me? When I copy an Excel chart and paste it into a Word document, all font sizes change. On the original, the font of the labels on the y-axis is larger than that for the x-axis, and yet once I paste the chart into Word, the font of the labels on the x-axis is much larger than the font of the labels on the y-axis. I have objects in the title of my chart [Brownstone equation - "alpha squared"]. In the orginal [excel chart] these objects are of the same size as the letters in the chart title. However, once I paste the chart into Word, these o...

Using VBA to send Word document as body of message works in 2007, but not in 2003
Based on Sue Mosher's code at http://www.outlookcode.com/codedetail.aspx?id=1333, the following code, which is located inside a With ActiveDocument - End With construction, works fine in Word 2007: Set objDoc = .MailEnvelope.Item With objDoc .To = strEmail .Subject = strSubject .Save strID = .EntryID End With Set objDoc = Nothing Set objDoc = ...

I forgot the password I used for a Word Document.
Is there a way to retrieve a password used in a MS Word document? Kathy wrote: > Is there a way to retrieve a password used in a MS Word document? If you mean a password needed to open or edit the document, the answer is "probably not". If it's a password for forms protection, that can be removed easily. See http://www.gmayor.com/Remove_Password.htm. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. ...

printing page range in word
I specify the page range to range, i.e. 3-5 click ok but then the job never prints. Does the document contain more than one section? If so, see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/PrintMultipleSections.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Nancy-Boston" <Nancy-Boston@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D0A8595F-343A-4013-8A76-C794465FFC30@microsoft.com... >I specify the page range to range, i.e. 3-5 click ok but then the job never > prints. > ...

Word will no longer open. At all. PLEASE HELP LAW STUDENT IN FINALS!!!!!!!
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I'll paste the error log belong. I was working on a document (which curiously crashes Open Office now when I try to open it, but OO will open all other docs), Word crashed, and I was having some trouble with my scanner app. at the same time. Now Word crashes on launch every time, whether I open from Applications or double-click on a document (I've tried many). Please email me directly if you can help at novachecks@gmail.com. I'm desperate -- I've added so much to the dictionary/auto-correct PLUS ...

Word
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I create documents in word (docx). I save them. I reopen them and it says 'read only.' No one else is using them. Why is it doing this? really annoying. I've just discovered that when I open from Finder, I get 'read-only' but when I open from Word, it doesn't happen. So I guess that's a legitimate work around but I open from Finder ALL THE TIME. Make certain that both Office (12.2.3) as well as OS X (10.6.2) are fully updated. Try running Disk Utility - Repair Disk Permissions on your...

Some e-mail messages...all words are underlined
- Windows XP with SP-2 (pbm existed prior to SP-2) - IE 6.0.2800, SP-1 (pbm existed prior to SP-1) - Office XP - Outlook - Problem : approx. 40-50% of e-mail messages arrive with all words "underlined" (huge distraction". - Going to "edit"..."change to HTML"..."edit" (to remove underlining) solves the problem, but is a major pain. - Other 50-60% of messages arrive without underlining. - Any suggestions on what settings to change appreciated. ...

Word email borders
A friend would like to put a Christmas border around an email message. If he uses Word to do this he does not seem to be able to use the Art borders only the basic ones. Is there a way to do this? TIA Send the document as an attachment, better if in .pdf format. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "B.W." <bwaller@aapt.net.auxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:eqy7C8jeKHA.5608@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...