A4 not displayed on screen.

I have Word2003 & XP SP3

The appearance of a blank page on the screen does not
correspond to the A4 size even though I have set it to this
on the PageSetup/Defaut.

Please help, Frank

0
Frank

At a guess, see http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/WhiteSpace.htm

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Frank Martin" <fm@general.com.au> wrote in message
>I have Word2003 & XP SP3
>

> The appearance of a blank page on the screen does not correspond to the A4
> size even though I have set it to this on the PageSetup/Defaut.
>
> Please help, Frank

0
Suzanne
11/23/2009 3:37:10 AM
Thank, this fixed it; though I wonder how it lost its
setting in the first place.

Regards, Frank

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" <sbarnhill@mvps.org> wrote in message
> At a guess, see
> http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/WhiteSpace.htm
>
> --
> Suzanne S. Barnhill
> Microsoft MVP (Word)
> Words into Type
> Fairhope, Alabama USA
> http://word.mvps.org
>
> "Frank Martin" <fm@general.com.au> wrote in message
>>I have Word2003 & XP SP3
>>

>> The appearance of a blank page on the screen does not
>> correspond to the A4 size even though I have set it to
>> this on the PageSetup/Defaut.
>>
>> Please help, Frank

0
Frank
11/23/2009 8:57:20 PM
As indicated in the article, this can happen in Word 2003 if you just happen
to click the mouse in the wrong place. Word 2007 makes it harder to do by
accident, requiring a double-click.

--

> Thank, this fixed it; though I wonder how it lost its setting in the first
> place.
>
> Regards, Frank
>

> "Suzanne S. Barnhill" <sbarnhill@mvps.org> wrote in message
>> At a guess, see http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/WhiteSpace.htm
>>
>> --
>> Suzanne S. Barnhill
>> Microsoft MVP (Word)
>> Words into Type
>> Fairhope, Alabama USA
>> http://word.mvps.org
>>
>> "Frank Martin" <fm@general.com.au> wrote in message
>>>I have Word2003 & XP SP3
>>>

>>> The appearance of a blank page on the screen does not correspond to the
>>> A4 size even though I have set it to this on the PageSetup/Defaut.
>>>
>>> Please help, Frank

0
Suzanne

Excel Sheet does not display properly
Hello all, I have a basisc Excel chart that included 4 columns and approximately 30 lines, certain columns have different colors...As you can see nothing much... When I save the document as html, and upload that file to my web server - people are complaining that they can only see the top portion of the chart - they keep clicking on the Internet Explorer refesh button and some are able to view it afterwards, some need to remove their cache - and some don't have a problem (some times)...We are all using the exact same version of Office, and IE... Does anyone have any suggestions on...

Re: Displaying Electrical Connections on Two Wires
Hi all, Just wondered if someone may be able to explain to me - in layman's terms - how to show electrical connections between two-wires on an electrical schematic drawing in Visio. I am currently using Visio 2002. Say for instance if I draw a three-phase diagram, and from the first phase, I connect a single-phase switch and lamp, how do I show the black-dot connection between the two wires? Many thanks, Regards, Matt On Thu, 1 May 2008 05:23:00 -0700, tips6 <tips6@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi all, > >Just wondered if someone may be able to explain to me...

Help: Can't display contents of Adobe Acrobat Document in Sheet
Hoping that someone can help with this. I'm trying to insert an Adobe Acrobat document into an Excel worksheet. I'd like to see the document contents, not an Icon. According to the Excel help files, it should be possible to display the file as it shows up in Acrobat but no matter what I do, I see only an Icon. I went through the procedure listed in the help files to convert the document (ensuring that "show as an Icon" is not checked) but nothing makes any difference! Any idea what I'm doing wrong? When I try this with other document types (eg AutoCad) everythi...

Multiplying a cell and displaying the result in the same cell
Hi Is it possible to perform a calculation on a cell (well a column) an replace the data in the cell with the result? I have a spreadshee which uploads data to a database (not sure which type - it's mechanical estimating package) and I need to increase the price colum by a certain percentage. I cannot add or delete any of the column otherwise the upload won't work. Thanks Ro -- robspo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- robspot's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1532 View this thread: http://www.excelfo...

Public Function to display in text box
Have public function (loaded in the global module) that produces a variable as a double. That all works fine as evidenced by the debug.print method in the immediate window. I desire to have the current value of the variable displayed in a text box. I created a callback function (loaded in global module) that looks like: Public Function GetCurrentWork_GPCI() As Double Dim CurrentWork_GPCI As Double GetCurrentWork_GPCI = CurrentWork_GPCI End Function I can't figure out how to make it display; I've currently got the control source property ...

Displaying multivalue field data in report
I have an Access 2007 database that was built upon the Access Contacts template. A multivalue field called Tags was added to the Contacts table that may have any or all values available in a table called Attributes. I have some sample data of contacts where the tag field for a record may contain a single tag like smart, or several values like smart, tall, agressive. When I try to display the tag values for each record in a report the displayed value is numeric like 2, 4, 7. How can I get the report to show the actual values instead of what appears to be an index value for eac...

where would the SUM icon be if it is not at the top of my screen?
Need to work an exercise where I click on the sum icon to add rows of figures in a spread sheet and the sum icon is not at the top of the screen to click. Why would it go away? It was there last week when I was using the fx function. Would that take it away? Right click on any visible toolbar, click CUSTOMIZE in the drop-down menu and in the dialog box that is displayed next, click the TOOLBARS tab. Select the STANDARD toolbar from the list of available toolbars and click the RESET button on left side of the tab page. Click OK to close. If that doesn't work, click the last but...

Inserted images from file are showing blurry on screen, why?
Recently any image format I insert in Publisher 2007 appears blurry on screen. It looks fine in print preview, but it's difficult to know what your document will look like without printing. Why is this happening all of a sudden. Was always fine before. Puzzling. --- frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.publisher/ Try; View | Pictures | Picture display...what do you have it set at? -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression Web "Pam" wrote in message news:#NQ4N1QdKHA.2164@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Recently any image for...

A4 not displayed on screen.
I have Word2003 & XP SP3 The appearance of a blank page on the screen does not correspond to the A4 size even though I have set it to this on the PageSetup/Defaut. Please help, Frank At a guess, see http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/WhiteSpace.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Frank Martin" <fm@general.com.au> wrote in message news:uMqVM88aKHA.2160@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I have Word2003 & XP SP3 > > > The appearance of a blank page on the screen ...

Screen goes green
When opening Publisher 2003 the screen appears normal. When I close the quick publications box, the working area of the screen goes green. The toolbars and surrounds stay their normal colour. I can not see graphics properly as they are too dark, but they print as normal. I had not changed any settings before this happened. Your graphics/video driver may need upgrading. Read the fourth FAQ here: http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "sirgabbalot" <sirgabbalot@discu...

PPT 2004 image not displaying in PPT 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have created a PowerPoint slideshow using MS Office 2004. I have several slides that have images what were copied from Excel (using the Copy Picture... option by holding down Shift > Edit >Copy Picture...) then pasted into the PowerPoint file. The images show up great in PPT 2004. When I open the file in 2008 I get the following results: 1) part of the image is displayed but not complete, 2) the image doesn't show up at all. Here is a sample of what the files look like in 2004 vs. 2008 (image doesn't show...

Shared Calendars not Displaying User Name
Outlook 2003 / Exchange 2003, both fully patched and running on XP Pro SP2. Shared calendars added under "Open a shared calendar". Header of calendars only displays "Calendar", not the username of the shared calendar owner. How can I get Outlook to display the username, please. At the moment I have multiple calendars open and they all are headed "Calendar". Not very useful :-( TIA, Bill http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2005/20050809.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for W...

Displaying Excel row headers in embedded spreadhseet
I have an excel spreadsheet inserted into a Word document. I want to have the row and column headers displayed in the Word document but I can't seem to find a way to do it. Does anyone have any ideas TIA Bill which version of excel/office do you have? i tried this on excel 2002. when i take the mouse pointer to the left of the table (beyond th boundary of the table), the pointer slants to right (usually it slant left). at that point in time, i right clicked and inserted rows on to of the topmost row. here i could provide headers for the columns. is this what you are looking for ...

Windows XP blue screen of death
I have a Dell laptop latitude and have the blue screen of death as I have found on the web it is called. I can't seem to find the error by searching on the web that I have on my computer. I have the following error: STOP: 0x0000007e (0xc00000005, 0x805d2018, 0xf9e513e4, 0xf9e510e0) I read where a lot of the errors say something after but mine does not. Thanks to any help in advance!! -- wevie ------------------------------------------------------------------------ wevie's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/159022.htm View this thread: http://forum...

Display name of mail enabled public folder
Hi, I have problems with the mail enabled public folder adresses. In the AD, there is "My Company" security group where there are employers of the company, without any mail address. We have Public Folders\Unsorted folder, mail enabled, with address company@company.com and company@company.local. If you send a message from Outlook 2007 to company@company.local it is delivered into the Unsorted folder as it should. However, if you send a message to company@company.com it is translated as "My Company" by outlook and rejected by server as undeliverable....

imap folders not displaying messages
Does anyone have and an idea as to why after running a filter on the inbox to move messages to a different folder that they do not appear in the folder until you select that folder? It seems like a sync problem between the server but I am not sure. Thanks for any help ...

Emax Pole Display
Where can I get OPOS drivers for the Emax Ultimate Serial Pole Display? The Emaxintl.com web site seems to be unavailable and calls to the company in CA go unanswered. Does anyone know how to get this line display to work? I've tried the RMS provided drivers to no avail. Thank you ...

Displaying listbox selection in textbox
I av a problem trying to create a macro that the selection made in listbox(List1) to be displayed in a textbox(Text1). here is the code that i did so far but i cant get it to work: Sub Expense_Select() 'Link the data to the listbox Range("G7:G18").Select ActiveSheet.Shapes("List1").Select With Selection .ListFillRange = "$G$7:$G$19" .LinkedCell = "" .MultiSelect = xlNone .Display3DShading = False End With End Sub Private Sub List1_Click() 'display the selected item in the textbox Text1.Text = List1.List(List1.ListIndex) End Sub ANY sugg...

WINXP Pro Welcome Screen Password
I recently purchased a refurbished PC that came with a Genuine copy of WINXP Pro SP3. This version of WINXP has a problem with the Welcome logon screen, as described in KB917556 - "When you try to log on to a Windows XP-based computer from the Welcome logon screen, you cannot type your password." Has anyone found a fix for this problem (other than Ctrl-Alt-Del to logon by explicitly typing the User name and Password)? Thanks. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/291559/ of course you would still need to log on first using Ctrl-Alt-Del to logon by explicitly typing ...

dual screens, split 2 ppts to view 1 on each, how?
trying to view 2 different ppts with dual monitors, one on each screen. how do I do this? they want to stack one on top of another instead. Try View > Cascade then move and resize as needed. "anvilhead" wrote: > trying to view 2 different ppts with dual monitors, one on each screen. how > do I do this? they want to stack one on top of another instead. Anvilhead, I have to first Restore Down the PPT program (just left of the Red X in upper right hand corner) then click and drag the opwn window to cover both monitors, then select the "view" tab, a...

Publisher: Print Preview shows Colors but my Screen doesn't?
Publisher: Print Preview shows Colors that I put in but my Screen doesn't? How can I get the colors back? I have checked: Any color (RGB) - Best for Desktop Printers Thank-you for any help you can give me Gene Which version? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "GeneJ" <GeneJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8EF806EA-70DE-4766-894D-334E09DE1275@microsoft.com... > Publisher: Print Preview shows Colors that I put in but my Screen doesn't? > How can I get the colors ba...

distorted picture display while fixing
I am using Windows 7 and a NVIDIA Quadro NVS 285 graphics card with the latest WHQL driver. Sometimes, while "fixing" a picture in WLPG the display of the picture gets completely distorted, looking like some address lines in the graphics buffer get shifted. When I close the picture all looks ok again. No, my graphics card is not broken, anything else works. (Videos, 3D Games and such) Has anyone seen this behavior? ...

Displaying Dialogs in Views
I've got several dialogs that I'd like to have up all the time and allow the user to, say, drag the mouse across items in one view and have their definition show up in the other view. At the moment I've got a dialog that comes up by doing a right click that displays the definition, but it takes over the mouse and you have to clear the dialog before you can get back to the main view. Since the Dialog works fine and is in the format I want, is there any easy way to create a new view, on the other side of the splitter bar and just plug that dialog in? I realize I'd need to have so...

Default Mail Display Settings
I have recently joined an organisation who use Exchange 5.5/and Outlook 2000. As User asked if she could change the settings for all inbound mail to display bigger. No problem I thought...but I can't see how I can do it. I can chnage default outbound settings, heading, column and others. Where is the default mail inbound font setting? Can anybody help? Thanks in advance... Keith ...

Screen Updating #2
Hi, On my worksheet I have put some code in to stop the screen flickerin like mad when it's updating the figures. The code is *application.screenupating = false*. This works fine. However, when I publish this document to our loca intranet, the figures do not update. I have found that it is due t the above line in the macro. Can anyone suggest a simple workaround for this, please? Many thanks, Dan -- Voodooda ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Voodoodan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=59 View this th...