you do not have credentials that allow you to open this document

When i open a existing .doc document.It shows message "like you do not have
credentials that allow you to open this document.Do You want to open it using
a different set of credentials? " i can't able to open any .doc document

Converting a Microsoft Word document to a PC document

Opening additional mailbox
I have an Exchange 2003 server, and my clients are all running Outlook 2003. A supervisor has requested access to a suboordinates e-mail box, so I added her (supervisor) with rights to that mailbox, and now inside of Outlook I can specify it to open the additional mailbox. The thing is, it is diplayed as so "Mailbox - User Name", and because these people work in an open workgroup type environment this box may be visible to people that look at her desktop. Can that be renamed? Named to display something else, or am I going about this all wrong. You cannot do that through Outlook...

failure of Open XML 1.1.4 to work
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Previous versions of this worked fine. This version comes up with comment &quot;not enough memory&quot;. As I have 2mg Ram this seems strange. Any help appreciated. I'm afraid you haven't provided sufficient information for anyone to go on, especially since that message quite often has nothing to do with memory. For any questions of a technical or performance nature it's important that you specify your current update level of OS X as well as for Office. Exactly when does this messag...

UAC prompt when opening Windows Live Mail
Why does this pop up each time I open Windows Live Mail? Is there someway to tell it that it is ok for WLM to open so that I don't have to keep clicking on it? Have you toggled on the option for the WLM shortcut(properties/advanced tab) to 'Run as Administrator' in Vista or Windows 7 ? If so, uncheck it. -- ...winston ms-mvp mail "myschnucki" <myschnucki@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1499C644-21AF-4231-A50E-1C0D885A676E@microsoft.com... > Why does this pop up each time I open Windows Live Mail? Is there someway to >...

Defaults on Print Sales Documents screen
Is there a way to set defaults on the boxes selected under the Picking Ticket column on the Print Sales Documents screen? Currently when we open the screen, we have to select which boxes to tick and since we always select the same boxes we wondered if there was a way to have them default when the screen is opened so we don't have to click each time. We want the "Picking Ticket Per Site" box, the "Include Kit Components" box and the "Bin Sequenced" box selected as default values. Thanks!! LMG, You can accomplish this with a small VBA customization, b...

Can see form in design view but not in open or layout view
I have set up the tables, relationships and forms. When I first created the form I was able to view when clicking open. I made a couple of changes and now when I click on open a box pops up to enter perimeter value. Also, I can no longer see the form in opne or layout but if I click for design view, I can see my form and all the tabs. There is either something missing or somthing is named incorrectly. Had a similar problem recently where a new version was installed in the front end, but the table in the back end had not been updated properly (a new field) and the new version of the...

hyperlinks within the same document are not working
Hi. I am trying to create an email publication in MS publisher 2007. It has several stories that will be sent out in email and the first section is supposed to contain a summary with hyperlinks to each story within the same email for more details. I am adding a bookmark at the begining of each story, and then trying to create a hyperlink in the summary section to the bookmark. However, when I send the publication as email, or do an email preview, the hyperlinks do not work. Please help! ...

Business Portal
BP 3.0 I am trying to set up our Business Portal to be as easy as possible for our sales team. One of the requests they have made is the ability to find out WHAT PO is COMMITTED to the SPECIFIC line item in an order. Similar to actually looking at GP Sales Transaction Entry window where it gives an icon to show that the item has been purchased, what PO it's been committed to. I have spent hours trying to make this happen. Has anyone else been able to do this? If so, I would appreciate detailed steps. Thank you ...

IE8 'View Source' opens minimised
Suddenly, after no previous problems, when I open 'Page / View Source' in IE8 it flashes on screen then minimises immediately to the Taskbar. It can be viewed when maximised ok. It can be resized and I have then tried closing whilst holding down Ctrl. It only happens to 'View Source' not any other window. I am perplexed? Hi Bob, It is probably hidden from view behind the IE Window. Just move the IE Window down your screen to see the View Source window behind it. I have noticed the same issue since the last IE security update (last night my time)... It is a...

How to create an XML document with XmlTextWriter?
Hi, I'm trying to create an XML document with XMLTextWriter but I want to store it in memory (not write it to a file like so many examples do). I tried the following but with no luck. Should I not user this object for this purpose? Thanks, Dave MemoryStream stm = new MemoryStream() XmlTextWriter writer = new XmlTextWriter(stm, System.Text.Encoding.UTF8) writer.WriteStartDocument() writer.WriteComment("This Is A List of My Books") writer.WriteStartElement("MyBooks") writer.WriteStartElement("Book") writer.WriteAttributeString("ISBN", "1861005...

Recipient Filtering
EX2k3 SP2 Hi I would like to enable the "filter recipients who are not in the directory" option under Global settings/Message Delivery/Recipient Filtering. However we allow an IIS server in the domain to relay email though the exchange server. If the “filter recipients who are not in the directory" option is selected will this cause e-mail relayed by the IIS server to non AD recipients to fail? Regards SuperPlay Recipient Filtering and Relaying are separate pieces of functionality and as such you should not have any problems. Nue "SuperPlay" <SuperPla...

document elements (et. al.) toolbar in Word 2008
I may be in the minority here, but I happen to love the Ribbon UI on the PC version. It can collapse down to nothing when needed, and expand out (and even be customized I hear in 2010). That's on the PC. On the Mac I want a Mac-like UI. The Document Elements bar is so out to planet Jupiter on both functionality and as an accelerator into functions writers need most that it's laughable it made it into a release. (I'd much rather have a Mac ribbon that the Document Elements toolbar since at least the ribbon exposes USEFUL functions.) I mean, really =97 how many UPS or Del Mon...

recently opened files in the Open section of the Task Pane
Hi, In Excel2003, how can I remove the list of recently opened files in the Open section of the Task Pane? -- Thanks, Jeffrey On Feb 28, 12:42 am, "Jeff Hopkins" <atomic58"NOSPAM"@sc.rr.com> wrote: > Hi, > > In Excel2003, how can I remove the list of recently opened files in the Open > section of the Task Pane? > This is a same list as Recently used files list under File menu. Go to Tools -> Options, and under General tab remove checkmark at Recently used file list. You must restat excel after this to change take effect. -- Regard...

Combine small documents into one master document
Hi, I currently have an "engagement letter" that is created for our clients to set the expectations for our business relationship (I work for attorneys). We have about 10 different paragraphs that may be inserted into the letter based on different factors (3rd party payor, if a retainer is required, etc.). So I start with the basic letter and then have a userform with checkboxes where you can select the text block options (stored in Autotext). When you click OK the various paragraphs are inserted at bookmarks. While this works, I find working with Autotext cumber...

open Outlook 2000 .ost file in outlook 2000
Does anyone know how to open a .ost file that was created and saved from a different account? Yes - see www.exchangerecovery.com paddy wrote: > Does anyone know how to open a .ost file that was created > and saved from a different account? ...

attaching documents
I am trying to figure out how to attaching a document without having it appear as an icon in the body of the message. I want it to appear as a file name in a field under the subject. I used to be able to do this. Send the message in HTML or Plain Text format, instead of Rich Text format. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:030801c3bf58$bc799de0$a301280a@phx.gbl, beth.thompson@thomson.com wrote: > I am trying to figure out how to attaching a d...

How can I open an attachment with a .pub ending in Office email?
S omeone sent me an attachment in Microsoft Publisher. I have Word and Office 2003. How can I open this document and not have gobble-de-gook? Thanks. Have your sender convert it to a PDF. There are free converters. If that is impossible send it to me and I will convert it for you. mary-sauer at columbus.rr.com -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "mblc" <mblc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FA15FE51-C732-4E94-A054-26A2970D9D93@microsoft.com... >S omeone sent me an attachment in Mi...

allow multiple bin locations for items
It is common to have an item in more than one location in a store, for instance on the sales floor as well as in backstock. Item properties should support multiple Bin Locations (not just the two in my example). The averaged cost should remain the same across all quantities/locations of the item. Some allowance must be made when inputting physical inventory -- we of course want the overall quantity of items from all locations. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the &q...

How do I stop Excel opening up my PDF documents
Hi thanks in advance, Every time I open up a pdf through email etc, Excel opens it up in excel. How do I stop this from happening? All the PDF's show in the email with an excel icon document image? Many thanks Isagold Mon, 29 Mar 2010 00:14:01 -0700 from isagold <isagold@discussions.microsoft.com>: > > Hi thanks in advance, > Every time I open up a pdf through email etc, Excel opens it up in excel. > How do I stop this from happening? > All the PDF's show in the email with an excel icon document image? Your file associations are screwed up. Yo...

Opening Excel workbook on PC from Mac

What security setting is it that allows a user to change
Hi, What is the security setting that allows a user to change a Great Plains Form thus creating a forms.dic file on the server? We are using Great Plains 7.5, citrix servers on windows 2000. I am not sure the security is in Great Plains, it is probably on the citrix box but I am not sure. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Connie Connie You can turn off access to the Modifier using either standard security (Setup >> System >> Security), or Advanced Security (Setup >> System >> Advanced Security). I would use Advanced Security as it is a more po...

Mac people can't open my jpeg attachments
I have Vista Home Premium and Outlook 2003. When I try to send a jpeg as an attachment, most people can open it, but not those with Macs. It says "Windata" or something like that. This is new behavior, has not been a problem before. Is there a setting I need to change? Thank you. You need to send email in HTML or Plain Text, not RTF. "Janja" <Janja@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AD42A7FF-C449-4008-81E2-637D76FF11B8@microsoft.com... :I have Vista Home Premium and Outlook 2003. When I try to send a jpeg as an : attachment, most people ca...

Word Attachments Opening as "Read-Only" from Preview Pane
We have started to use Outlook 2003 and have noticed that all word document attachments when opened from the preview pane in Outlook (open document by double clicking on the attachement icon in the preview pane), open in a "Read-Only" mode. When you open the message and open the attachment from inside the message it will open normally. This is adding an additional step to our business process which is quite annoying. Does anyone know of any settings that can affect this behavour? We would like to open word attachments in an editable mode directly from the preview pane. This did ...

cannot open excel file, please help!!!
cannot open excel 2000 file, had repaired with excel 2003 by selecting "open and recovery " in the dialog box, but only columns with numbers visible, not any columns with chinese character visible. possible operation mistake : ( "C" stands for the corrupted file). 1. first open an excel file "A", then double click the file "C" to open it, but failed. close file "A",double click the file "C" again. 2. add data to file "C", then close it. 3.copy original uncorrupted file from desktop to USB Flash Disk, for some reasons,...

How do I allow users in a trusted domain (not in our forrest) access to our exchange 2003 server?
Hello all. We are 2 companies sharing the same office space (and the same ip network). We (Company 1) have an Exchange 2003 server just set up (the old 5.5 is still being used though), although it is not rolled out yet. Company 2 have Internet mail for their employees, that is, their mail is NOT handled on our server, but on an ISP's server. The thing is, as we share offices, we also share resources and phones, and so the users have mailboxes on our 5.5 server solely for the purpose of having Calendar functions available to both them and us (free-busy information and so on). Our domains a...