Word was unable to compare the documents

I have two 147 page Word 2007 documents that I am trying to compare that also
contain equations.  When I try to compare them, Word generates the following
error:

Word was unable to compare the documents

I am not really finding anything useful using Google to search so I am
posting here.  I did find KB978398, requested the hotfix, and after
installing the hotfix I still have the same error.

Suggestions?

Thanks!

Event ID 9554/Unable to Update Mailbox SD
I am continuing to get the event below; I referenced Microsoft KB 555433 in which it details how to use ADFind Utility to locate the mailbox in question and update the permissions -- however, there is no account in my domain that matches that GUID. Any ideas? Event Type: Warning Event Source: MSExchangeIS Event Category: General Event ID: 9554 Date: 10/6/2005 Time: 8:59:59 AM User: N/A Computer: MY EXCHANGE SERVER Description: Unable to update Mailbox SD in the DS. Mailbox Guid: fe3913d5-a4e0-4c0e-b3b1-291f50d7fc4f. Error Code 0x8004010f For more information, click http://www.microsoft.c...

Unable to send more mail to more than 50 recipients at once...
I send a couple of small e-mail newsletters out to subscribers. Last week, I was able to send these e-mails through Outlook 2000, in blocks of up to 500 addresses in the BCC field. This week, when I tried that, the e-mail was never sent and just sat in my Out Box until eventually telling me that there is a limit of 50 recipients per e- mail message. I recently implemented the "critical updates" from MS for Windows XP Pro & Office. The question I have is, why did the allowable number of recipients change overnight, and is there any way to return it to it's previous st...

Excel/Word startup: 'Compile error in hidden module: AutoExec' ??
Office 2003 factory-installed by Dell. Opening a new file with Excel (or Word) yields a Visual Basic error message: 'Compile error in hidden network: AutoExec' and then the PC hourglass runs. I used the Office 2003 Installation CD provided with the new laptop to repair Office. It ran quite a while. I then updated Office from the MS website to ensure I had the latest. This did not solve the problem and Dell disavows my existence. I'm wondering if it might be an operating system interaction? I am loath to re-install the XP operating system. Any thoughts? Take a look here: ht...

prob.with printing word doc.
greetings, My Word program crashes almost everytime I hit the print button. The last time I tried,it did not crash, but did not print. Instead, it said it was spooling, and stayed there. If it crashes again, what info from the report will be helpful in determining how to fix this problem? If it is a printer driver problem, is it always the printer that I am trying to use to print the word doc.? I have three hooked up at this time. (UPS.etc) The printer that I am trying to use for this doc is practically new. Thanks, JS Make sure that you have the latest driver for your ...

Unable to Migrate Exchange 5.5 mail boxes to 2003 with the Migration Wizard
Hi, We are trying to migrate from and NT4 Domain with Exchange 5.5 to 2003/AD with Exchage 2003. We have the AD Domain set up. The NT4 Domain is still in place and on the same network, so our AD domain is similar but different (the "inc" has been dropped from the NetBIOS name). We have 2 Domain Controllers, and a brand new system to run Exchange 2003 on. It is clean, only has the OS and Exchange on it (we have problems when we get the critical updates. It seems linked to the exchange database going belly up, and we can't install exchange in the first place if the updates are ap...

Outlook says: unable to expand the folder
Hi all I have a user that logs on her domain pc as Membership. She do a mailbox for this username named "Membership". She also has her own mailbox opened in outlook named "Illse" which is her name. This one i did add throught Tools > Accounts > Change > Advanced Tab, etc, etc. Now she needs to ba able to see a third mailbox called "Trudy" > If i add this mailbox on exactly the same way and want to open the mailbox in outlook outlook says " unable to expand the folder". Why is it doing this while it opens the second mailbox successful...

class unable to write the memory
Hi I've got a class like this class MyClass{ .... somemethods .... protected: int a; } MyClass::MyClass(){ a = 1; } I call the class constructor in the Doc constructor, like I always do, but this time the constructor is unable to modify the memory With the step by step debug I see the 'a' var set to random value as usual, when the compiler runs the 'a=1;' instruciont, the a variable mantains its random value. How is this possible? > I call the class constructor in the Doc constructor, Are you explicitly calling the constructor or it is being called because...

Unable to Open received PO (change to "change order")
Great Plains will not allow me to change this Purchase Order from Received to Change Order: Here is the message I get: However, if I try to enter a quantity cancelled, I get: How can I re-open this Purchase Order so I can change the price??? Thank you. Unfortunately, the pasted messages did not come through. Once a line item is received, you can change its cost only during invoice matching. The process would be to return the item; add a new row with the correct cost; and receive and invoice the new item. Not an elegant solution, for sure. -- Charles Allen, MVP &quo...

How do you import data from one Excel document to another?
Hey everyone, I work at a school and I'm trying to update their attendance reports from hand written to excel, but I'm running into several problems. For one, I need it to be able to calculate how many "Ab"s (absents) there are in the worksheet (for the individual student's attendance page). And THEN, I need to have the sum show up on a completely new document (for the overall attendance report). Is that possible? I've fooled around with data importing and several other things, but I'm just too new at this. If what I'm asking is possible, can anyone he...

Convert Publisher document to a .pdf file
I create a multi-page newsletter using Publisher. How does one convert this to a single .pdf file? My first attempts (copy/paste into Acrobat) only produce page 1. Is there a way to capture the whole document which includes photos and clipart so that I can paste it into Acrobat? Thanks, EdC. You don't paste into Acrobat, you print the document to Acrobat. File, print, select the distiller or Adobe PDF, depending on the version of Acrobat. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Ed C" <econgleton@snet....

problem opening word 07
When I open word, a dialog box comes up which contains. among other things, the following instructions which I follow up to step 4 then I hit a snag as noted below. >The document contains macros. Macro language support for this application is disabled. Features requiring VBA are not available, Would you like to open this document read-only? Hide Help Open in Help Window • Microsoft Office Access, Microsoft Office Excel, Microsoft Office PowerPoint, or Microsoft Office Word -¬To check your macro security settings, click the Microsoft Office Button, click <program nam...

Word/Office Integration as seen at CRM 3.0 Partner Readiness Event
Has anyone seen available resources on integration to Office 2003 applications such as Word?? I saw this demo'd at a Partner Readiness event back in Nov. 2005 and they showed a very tight integration with Word for not only mail merge and easy template building (with CRM fields available), but also a task pane that allowed update/edit of existing CRM records within Word. This was being demo'd as "CRM 3.0 tightly integrated with Office"...Ok, so where is this resource? Also, does anyone know where I can find the supposed 100+ CRM web parts for SharePoint?? thanks, A...

Template for building personal dictionary of foreign words
I am looking for a template on which I could establish a personal dictionary for the Slovak language. The Slovak language is very complicated. All words have several grammatical forms. Many words have mulitiple uses. Best way to decipher the differences is to have ready the definitions and to see the use of the word in actual slovak sentences. So, a two field data base is grossly insufficient. I would like something more comples but not sure how to be innovative using excel creating such a template. Hello! I use Excel 2003. My understanding is that you are creating this dictionar...

compare results
In a soccer tournament predications are made by individuals of the score for each game. Points are awarded to each individuals accuracy in predicting the outcome of each game using: correct score in the game- 3 points; correct result (i.e.prediction of a home or away win regardless of score) - 1 point; any other result - 0 points. The most points that can be awarded in any prediction is therefore 3. Does anyone have a spreadsheet or formula that can show this on a spreadsheet. I have about 40 forms to check from individuals - I know Excel can do this! ...

Fonts do not print in colur used when document created.
When I create a document in either Word ot Publisher the text is not always printed in the colour selected. This problem seems particular to Red & Blue. can any one help please. Peeter Have you tried some maintenance on your printer? Are you saving as a PDF? This problem has been reported using Microsoft's save as add-in. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Peter Piper" <PeterPiper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:76737C66-2B07-42DF-BFC5-828A14CE135F@microsoft.com... > When I create a document in either Word ot Publisher t...

This Document has been removed from Sales Order Processing History #2
Hi, We have imported data from GP Version 7.0 to GP Version 9.0. We did not upgrade it. All the history and all the transactions were imported into verions 9.0. Now I am trying to using Sales Inquiry from Inquiry >> Sales >> Transaction by Customer. Selected a customer, all details appeares including invoices, payments and other documents. But when I try to drill down on one SOP invoice I get above mentioned error. I checked the Sales Order Processing module, I found those documents and tried to drill down on them, it worked fine. But not from Receivable side. I have al...

text disappears when typing into express or word
I can be typing something in word or Outlook Express and without my doing anything to cause it to happen, the text totally disappears and there's no recovering it. I have run computer scans and they come up with nothing.Also, this doesn't happen all the time, only once a day for a few hours. Any ideas? On Mon, 08 Feb 2010 15:21:33 -0800, va wrote: > I can be typing something in word or Outlook Express and without my doing anything to cause it to happen, the text totally disappears and there's no recovering it. I have run computer scans and they come up with nothing.Also, this...

Opening an old Word document, date changed to current date
When I open old Word documents, the date gets automatically changed to the current date and I can't view the date that the document actually had. I am using MS Office 2007, but the old document was created in Word 2003. I can see the date that the file was last modified in the details of the file, but I cant guarantee that the date of the document is the same as the date last modified for the file. Press Alt+F9 to toggle the field code display and edit the DATE field code to read CREATEDATE. Then Alt+F9 to toggle back and F9 to update. The date displayed will be the date th...

Locking a publisher document
I am going to be placing something on a network drive that will be created in Publisher, I would like to lock it so that it can not be edited by others who will be viewing it. Is this possable. I do not want to read write protect it. On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 19:45:16 +0000, Megan wrote (in article <58FA818E-4A5B-4988-AF52-7C348750D7CC@microsoft.com>): > I am going to be placing something on a network drive that will be created in > Publisher, I would like to lock it so that it can not be edited by others who > will be viewing it. Is this possable. I do not want to read write...

receiving attachments as notepad documents
I am using Outlook 97. All incoming mail is received as a notepad attachment. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? ...

Unable to view changes to spreadsheet
Mary uses Office 2000 on a Windows 2000 pro computer. She claims she updated an Excel file on the shared drive and no one can see the changes. I checked the security of the Excel file - it has Everyone: read, write, execute. It's on the shared drive so everyone has access to it. She made the changes using someone else's Windows 2000 pro machine (not her own). I checked the time and date of the Excel file , it seems she saved the changes . What would make the changes not appear in the Excel file? Is there some security setting within Excel I don't know about.? ...

I cannot open other Publisher documents sent to me. Why not?
When someone sends me a file of a Publisher docmant I cannot open it. Any suggestions? I assume you have Publisher. Which version? Which version were the files created in? What specifically is the problem? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "rafe" <rafe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:26762730-9244-4183-9A9A-D051D53F7C12@microsoft.com... > When someone sends me a file of a Publisher docmant I cannot open it. Any > suggestions? JoAnn Paules wrote: > I assume you have Publisher. JoAnn, JoAnn, JoAnn... What have I told you about assum...

Convert Excel document received. I do not have Excel
I cannot open Excel spreadsheet sent to me as I do not have Excel If just need to view the contents of the Excel spreadsheet, and you don't need to edit the spreadsheet, you can download and install a free Microsoft Excel viewer from http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=273711. "Mutchie" wrote: > I cannot open Excel spreadsheet sent to me as I do not have Excel Also, how about ... www.openoffice.org (note: no vba) or a new upcoming app.. http://www.gnome.org/projects/gnumeric -- firefyt ----------------------------------------------------------------------- firefy...

"data in your envelope has been lost but your document is still available"
Hi everyone. I've searched the archives and found a number of messages abotu the problem my friend is having, but I can't find that anyone has offered even a hint of an idea as to what is causing "fatal error" messages in Outlook which say "data in your envelope has been lost but your document is still available". What on earth6 does this actually mean? Some people seem to hint it may be to do with using Word as the email editor - please can anyone offer useful ideas? My friend is a widow in her 60's struggling to manage the computer that used to work fi...

XML Document #2
I have a list of products in an xml file I want to modify the document by adding, removing and editing items. I'm developing on the Compact Framework and as a result memory is an issue. I don't really want to build a DOM of the XML using XML Document, since it is not really needed and it wastes memory. Can I use another technique ? Jonathan Taylor wrote: > I have a list of products in an xml file I want to modify the document by > adding, removing and editing items. > > I'm developing on the Compact Framework and as a result memory is an issue. > > I d...