Word set up

When I installed word, I inadvertently hit the key board and inserted random
text.  Now whenever I start word I get a page with that random text, rather
than a blank page.  This is driving me nuts.  Can someone suggest how I could
remedy this?  Thank you.

See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/apperrors/blankdocnotblank.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"the Skeeterman" <the Skeeterman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I installed word, I inadvertently hit the key board and inserted
> random
> text.  Now whenever I start word I get a page with that random text,
> rather
> than a blank page.  This is driving me nuts.  Can someone suggest how I
> could
> remedy this?  Thank you.

0
Stefan

I want to set up a form in excel where I can place a jpeg or pic.
The goal is to set up an excel form where I can place a jpeg or pic. I am very low level excel user but this is a big deal document for me. What do you plan to do with it Karl? Could you give us more information? I mean... you can just use Insert-->Picture-->From file to insert a jpg. What do you want to do? ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com www.MyExpertsOnline.com "karl" <karl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:787A30AE-3809-4466-85DE-DA56A0E99616@microsoft.com... > The goal is to set up an excel form where I can place a jpeg o...

New to RMS: Having trouble setting up 2nd terminal.....HELP
We have an existing customer who has 1 server and 1 POS terminal. I have recently installed a 2nd terminal and am trying to match the settings and templates of the register 1 to the new register 2. The problem is with the on-screen keyboard. I've chosen the option to use the touchscreen keyboard in manager for register 2 and picked the template for the pre-configured keyboard layout; however, register 2 just refuses to display the template like register 1 does. I know ive got to be missing something. By the way, i forgot to mention that yes, i have enabled the touchscreen keyboard ...

set up account
? is the anyway to determine incoming mail server settings and outgoing mail server without contacting my isp? Usually the tech suport section on the website of the provider has all of the details you'll need without contacting them directly... On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 18:55:06 -0800, "YANKY" <YANKY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >? is the anyway to determine incoming mail server settings and outgoing mail >server without contacting my isp? hmm, it kind of hit and miss. most isp's incoming mail servers use POP3 and SMTP for outgoing. the server for incoming i...

Problem setting BackStyle on Label
I have a problem with Properties on Label in particular, when added by a script. The sequence below works on CommandButton1 and Frame1 objects but behaves strangely with Label1 Public Sub addLabel() Sheet2.OLEObjects.Add "Forms.Label.1", _ Left:=100, Top:=75, Height:=15, Width:=200 End Sub Public Sub nameLabel() Sheet2.Label1.Name = "title1" End Sub Public Sub setLabel() Sheet2.title1.BackStyle = 0 Sheet2.title1.Caption = "My Text" Sheet2.title1.Font.Bold = 1 Sheet2.title1.Font.Italic = 1 Sheet2.title1.Font.Size = 12 End Sub The one property that doesn&...

Error in set up data source
I'm using Windows XP and Office 2K. I tried to set up a data source connecting to an Acces table. When I picked the fields to be included in my query, I got the 'Syntax error in FROM clause' error prompt. The same resulted for connecting to an Excel table but there was no such problem for connection to a dBase (.dbf) file. Any idea? -----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =----- http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! -----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =----- ...

How do I set up moving averages in exel

Messages with accentuated words
I'm using the English version of Outlook 2003 with MS Word as my e.mail editor. I also have MS Proofing Tools installed. My problem is that I receive messages in several languages that use accents (French, Spanish and Portuguese mainly). I usually don't have troubles reading them, but the messages from certain senders never have accents. Instead, the accentuated word is replace by a seemingly non-related letter. However, when I view the message source, the text shows up correctly with all accents. This seems to be a sender-specif problem, because I always have this problem wi...

assing macro to an an image, shape, text in Word 2007
I would like to run one of my macros when either an image, or a shape, or a text is clicked in Word 2007 document. Thanks, Use an ActiveX control, as they have a _Click event. Lev wrote: >I would like to run one of my macros when either an image, or a shape, or a >text is clicked in Word 2007 document. >Thanks, -- Gerry Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/word-programming/201004/1 Another method is to insert a MacroButton field and paste the image into the field code where the display text would be. See http://www.word...

Settings Button , Customize Button and Service Calendar
Here are the links you can put inside the outlook client to access this menu's inside outlook without having to use the web client to make the changes in your organization Just creat a new folder in the CRM structure ( or not ) , in the properties windows ( homepage ) Insert the following info. Settings http://crm:port/tools/home_tools.aspx?pid=0 System Customization http://crm:port/tools/systemcustomization/systemcustomization.aspx?pid=0 Service Calendar http://crm:port/sm/home_apptbook.aspx You have to creat a folder for each link . Im using this , i dont know if microsoft recommen...

Microsoft Word Table design in Access 2007
Is there a method for inserting a table (not an access table, but a word table with columns/rows/header, etc...) in a description field in a form or below the description field? I'm creating a database for development business rules and sometimes a business rule needs a table to explain or identify the heirarchy/relationship of items for the rule. I don't want this to link to anything else but the Business Rule ID that I am currently in. Thanks in advance! You could use a memo field but the data will not be separated by grid lines. You would need to add spacing and ...

Word vs. Publisher
I routinely work in Publisher to produce a monthly report. The end product is great, but I was considering a more user-friendly program to produce the report in, such as Word, to make it easier on my colleagues in my absence. Training someone new on Publisher or obtaining Word 2007 is not possible at this time; limited resurces preclude these options. Any ideas how I can make optimal use of Word 2003 to produe a report as rich as I can with Publisher, with a minimum of "moving parts" (making it easy for anyone on staff to use with a minimum training curve)? Thanks Without k...

Word can not load e-mail envelope
The above error has recently started with Word 2003 when I click the "email" button to send a document as the email body, not as an attachment. Previously this function worked. The "send as an attachment" works. I have found a KB entry, but its solution did not work. I'm using Outlook 2003 as my default email editor. Thanks for any help and suggestions. Jim ...

Deactivate formula after a set time
Is it possible to set formulas to deactivate after a given period o time? I email out a number of spreadsheets that have taken many hours/days t assemble to clients. If they choose to change suppliers (as one recentl did) they can simply use my spreadsheets and change the logos and th new supplier gets all the benefits without the pain! The value of the spreadsheets (the useful life of the data) is only few days so it would be useful if the formulas stopped working afte maybe a month. Any ideas/suggestions would be appreciated Ton -- y_no ------------------------------------------------...

Why my setting doesn't work?
I am trying to write a program similar to "ping".Like the example provided in MSDN,I call setsockopt function to set SO_RCVTIMEO value for my raw socket.And before I make a call to recvfrom,I call getsockopt to ensure that the value ihas been correctly set,and it has.But recvfrom does not return automatically when the specified timeout is exceeded,conversely ,it gets stuck permanently if no packet can be received. If anyone knows why ,could you please tell me what I should do to get the result I want?Thank you in advance for you help. ...

Use jpg as border
Hi - I have a specific jpg that I wish to use as a border on a Word 2007 document. This jpg will be 3/4 point, and will border the entire document with multiple copies of the picture. In other words, the picture will be copied around the entire border of the document. I looked in Word 2007 'Help' but could not find the info on how to do this, if indeed it is possible. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Joe Hello Joe, if your jpg file is of right dimensions, you can use it as a background image. Therefore you can have it as border as...

Additional info re: Word 2007 will not open files when you double click them
I should have mentioned... I am running XP 32 bit SP3 Neil ...

Publisher vs Word 2002
I am currently using Word 2002 to make up facsimile copies of old catalogs. These are mostly graphics and can bee from 15-150 pages. The documens are big, 200MB and larger, but are very simple in design, usually just one bif image per page, sometimes with headers and footers.. I need the ability to have headers and footers, sometimes with page numbers. Would I benefit by moving to Publisher? If so, in what ways? After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from JB <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>... > I am currently using Word 2002 to make up...

Set rights on folder
I want to make a script that makes 3 folders in the folder the script is run. (so far no problem) But one of the folders I want to change the folder security. Samlpe: Creating folder1, folder2 and folder3 Folder1 everyone, full controll, Folder2 everyone, full controll, Folder3 remove everyone and add the group "tecnical" -T Found all I needed here: http://www.activexperts.com/activmonitor/windowsmanagement/adminscripts/filesfolders/folders/ - T "Talinc" <terje@talinc.no> skrev i melding news:%23amqWNmcKHA.4708@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I w...

how can I set a default language in PPT2007?
unlike Word, PPT does not appear to let the user define a default language that is used throughout a complete ppt document. PPT picks up the language from your keyboard. You can specify the language on your placeholders. Go to View | Slide Master, select the various placeholders, then choose the language for them on the Review tab. You can use the code at http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;245468 to change the language throughout the presentation. -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2007? http://www.echosvoice.com/...

Word Template created in Word 2008 (mac) won't save on Word 2007 (vista)

MS Money 2006: How do I set up a sub-account?
I'm using Microsoft Money 2006 Premium. I've got a savings account with a credit union, and recently I went there to open up a new account. They suggested that I open up a "sub account", under my regular savings account. I went ahead and did that. How do I represent this sub account, under my regular savings account? It has the same account number, with a "-5" as a suffix. Rod In microsoft.public.money, Rod wrote: >I'm using Microsoft Money 2006 Premium. I've got a savings account with a >credit union, and recently I went there to open u...

how to remove single spaces between words in a culum
Him trying to remove space between two se of charcters ex:059300 00293 that are UPC code. Hi try using 'Edit - Replace'. Or in a separate column =SUBSTITUTE(A1," ","") -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Jean-Francois Boucher" <JeanFrancoisBoucher@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:0AF9BAD3-34CC-4DA0-A1CA-DCBC568BC13F@microsoft.com... > Him trying to remove space between two se of charcters ex:059300 00293 that > are UPC code. > ...

Backup Settings on 2 computers
I have MoneyPlus installed on 2 computers at home...on my laptop and on my desktop. I have the laptop open my file from the desktop computer on the 2nd hard drive In Money 2005, my backup settings for the desktop was to automatically backup to the F: drive everytime I closed the program and it would backup to a thumb drive every 2 weeks. On the laptop I told it not to backup. Problem: With MoneyPlus, if I have the desktop program set to the backup schedule as stated above, then the settings get transfered over to the laptop. If I take out the settings on the laptop for the backup, wh...

How set up a spread in pounds & ounces?
Keeping track of catches in fishing tourney.....duh, keeping weights in pounds and ounces rather than converting.....I forget/ (Old age). Peter Wrote: > Keeping track of catches in fishing tourney.....duh, keeping weight > in > pounds and ounces rather than converting.....I forget/ (Old age). Hi Peter Put Pounds in columnA, Ounces in ColumnB Use the following formulas to add up the columns Pounds > =SUM(A2:A15)+INT(SUM(B2:B15)/16) Change the range to suit Ounces > =MOD(SUM(B2:B15),16) Change the range to suit This will return the correct weight in pounds and ounce -...

restore factory settings
i recently started installing windows updates on my toshiba equium laptop and the laptop crashed during updates. now it takes over an hour to boot up and when it finally does it takes forever to open anything even control panel. what can i do to sort out this problem. would restoring to factory settings help and if so how do i do this. thanks, julie. On 08/15/2010 11:42 AM, mummy_bear67 wrote: > i recently started installing windows updates on my toshiba equium laptop and > the laptop crashed during updates. now it takes over an hour to boot up and > when it finally does ...