Word problems 2003 and 2007 version - they won't work

hey everyone
both on my main computer and my brothers laptop word isnt working! its so
annoying!
on my desktop PC i have windows xp and word 2003. after getting a virus
which stopped the internet from working i had to do a system restore - which
got rid of the virus. but when i click on word it says that "this shortcut
only applies to installed products", and when i go to word through program
files it says "this product is not installed on this user" - but there is no
setup thing i can press - will i need the disc maybe?

on my bro's laptop he got the same virus and did a system restore - word
works - however it is re-asking for the code - which no longer works, so he
cannot do anything on word.
can anyone help?

You will have to repair Word and for that you will almost certainly need the
setup files on the installation disc.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"Edward l" <Edward l@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hey everyone
> both on my main computer and my brothers laptop word isnt working! its so
> annoying!
> on my desktop PC i have windows xp and word 2003. after getting a virus
> which stopped the internet from working i had to do a system restore -
> which
> got rid of the virus. but when i click on word it says that "this shortcut
> only applies to installed products", and when i go to word through program
> files it says "this product is not installed on this user" - but there is
> no
> setup thing i can press - will i need the disc maybe?
>
> on my bro's laptop he got the same virus and did a system restore - word
> works - however it is re-asking for the code - which no longer works, so
> he
> cannot do anything on word.
> can anyone help?

0
Graham

Rollup 2 and Office 2007

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Password Issue with MS Money 2003

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

multiple Domain name delivery problem

Exchange update problem

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Excel 2007

SQL deadlock problem

docmd.transfertext problem

Addressing within Exchange 2003

Grammar check not working

Radar chart in Access 2007 report

Outlook 2003

Custom Headings in Work Order and Sales Receipts
Where can I edit the headings of receipt formats so that when they are printed instead of "Work Order" in the right corner, I want it to say "Delivery Note" Instead of "Sales Receipt" I want it to say "Invoice" Also, how can I make a Work order print without each item taking up 3 lines... ie: I need it to print just like a quote or regular receipt, but be a work order? The receipts in RMS are saved as a .XML file. If you are somewhat familular with programming you will be able to navigate your way around the template and make some edits. typic...

Import from Eudora 6 to Outlook 2003