Word for mac wont open

I get a message that word has quit unexpectedly and click reopen.  Then I
click reopen then the same message pops back up and word doesn't open.

The message report below.

Process:         Microsoft Word [1705]
Word.app/Contents/MacOS/Microsoft Word
Identifier:      com.microsoft.Word
Version:         ??? (???)
Build Info:      Unknown-91001~0
Code Type:       X86 (Native)
Parent Process:  launchd [91]

Date/Time:       2010-02-13 21:42:54.179 -0800
OS Version:      Mac OS X 10.6.2 (10C540)
Report Version:  6

Interval Since Last Report:          42364 sec
Crashes Since Last Report:           40
Per-App Crashes Since Last Report:   40
Anonymous UUID:                      33D7CFFC-E274-432B-9FB8-E2B23C77DA1F

Exception Type:  EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000
Crashed Thread:  0

Dyld Error Message:
  Library not loaded:
@executable_path/../Frameworks/MicrosoftComponentPlugin.framework/Versions/12/MicrosoftComponentPlugin
  Referenced from: /Users/mo/Desktop/Microsoft
Word.app/Contents/MacOS/Microsoft Word
  Reason: image not found

Model: MacBookPro5,5, BootROM MBP55.00AC.B03, 2 processors, Intel Core 2
Duo, 2.26 GHz, 2 GB, SMC 1.47f2
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M, PCI, 256 MB
Memory Module: global_name
AirPort: spairport_wireless_card_type_airport_extreme (0x14E4, 0x8D),
Broadcom BCM43xx 1.0 (5.10.91.26)
Bluetooth: Version 2.2.4f3, 2 service, 0 devices, 1 incoming serial ports
Network Service: AirPort, AirPort, en1
Serial ATA Device: Hitachi HTS545016B9SA02, 149.05 GB
Serial ATA Device: HL-DT-ST DVDRW  GS23N
USB Device: Internal Memory Card Reader, 0x05ac  (Apple Inc.), 0x8403,
0x26500000
USB Device: Built-in iSight, 0x05ac  (Apple Inc.), 0x8507, 0x24400000
USB Device: BRCM2046 Hub, 0x0a5c  (Broadcom Corp.), 0x4500, 0x06100000
USB Device: Bluetooth USB Host Controller, 0x05ac  (Apple Inc.), 0x8213,
0x06110000
USB Device: Apple Internal Keyboard / Trackpad, 0x05ac  (Apple Inc.),
0x0236, 0x04600000
USB Device: IR Receiver, 0x05ac  (Apple Inc.), 0x8242, 0x04500000

Had this been a PC and not a Mac I would have suggested that the normal
template may be corrupt. In this instance I would suggest that you ask in
the Mac Word forum.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"Zach ricklin" <Zach ricklin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I get a message that word has quit unexpectedly and click reopen.  Then I
> click reopen then the same message pops back up and word doesn't open.
>
> The message report below.
>
> Process:         Microsoft Word [1705]
> Word.app/Contents/MacOS/Microsoft Word
> Identifier:      com.microsoft.Word
> Version:         ??? (???)
> Build Info:      Unknown-91001~0
> Code Type:       X86 (Native)
> Parent Process:  launchd [91]
>
> Date/Time:       2010-02-13 21:42:54.179 -0800
> OS Version:      Mac OS X 10.6.2 (10C540)
> Report Version:  6
>
> Interval Since Last Report:          42364 sec
> Crashes Since Last Report:           40
> Per-App Crashes Since Last Report:   40
> Anonymous UUID:                      33D7CFFC-E274-432B-9FB8-E2B23C77DA1F
>
> Exception Type:  EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
> Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000
> Crashed Thread:  0
>
> Dyld Error Message:
>  Library not loaded:
> @executable_path/../Frameworks/MicrosoftComponentPlugin.framework/Versions/12/MicrosoftComponentPlugin
>  Referenced from: /Users/mo/Desktop/Microsoft
> Word.app/Contents/MacOS/Microsoft Word
>  Reason: image not found
>
> Model: MacBookPro5,5, BootROM MBP55.00AC.B03, 2 processors, Intel Core 2
> Duo, 2.26 GHz, 2 GB, SMC 1.47f2
> Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M, PCI, 256 MB
> Memory Module: global_name
> AirPort: spairport_wireless_card_type_airport_extreme (0x14E4, 0x8D),
> Broadcom BCM43xx 1.0 (5.10.91.26)
> Bluetooth: Version 2.2.4f3, 2 service, 0 devices, 1 incoming serial ports
> Network Service: AirPort, AirPort, en1
> Serial ATA Device: Hitachi HTS545016B9SA02, 149.05 GB
> Serial ATA Device: HL-DT-ST DVDRW  GS23N
> USB Device: Internal Memory Card Reader, 0x05ac  (Apple Inc.), 0x8403,
> 0x26500000
> USB Device: Built-in iSight, 0x05ac  (Apple Inc.), 0x8507, 0x24400000
> USB Device: BRCM2046 Hub, 0x0a5c  (Broadcom Corp.), 0x4500, 0x06100000
> USB Device: Bluetooth USB Host Controller, 0x05ac  (Apple Inc.), 0x8213,
> 0x06110000
> USB Device: Apple Internal Keyboard / Trackpad, 0x05ac  (Apple Inc.),
> 0x0236, 0x04600000
> USB Device: IR Receiver, 0x05ac  (Apple Inc.), 0x8242, 0x04500000

0
Graham

Matrix view slow to open
Hi, has anyone come across the matrix view been slow to open when editing or creating new matrix items? We've recently upgraded a customer to RMS Ver 2, and they've noticed a significant lag compared to the old version. Cheers are you at SP2 level, one of the hotfixes in there helped allot? "Boggie" <Boggie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B254EEF3-3C4D-47C2-8A0C-4914A68E6D44@microsoft.com... > Hi, has anyone come across the matrix view been slow to open when editing > or > creating new matrix items? We've recently upgraded a custome...

Opening/editing/saving excel file
I am using Access/Excel 2003 and I'm trying to open a file called Quad_Charts_Template.xls from my C drive, dump some data on one of the sheets, make a couple changes and save it with a specific name. This is the code I have to choose my record sorce: Set rst = CurrentDb.OpenRecordset("qry_Avg_Age_Trend_Source_Data") The worksheet is called "AAT_Raw_Data", which will always be the 1st sheet and I want to copy the data from rst onto the sheet starting at A1. I also want to bold the header row and set the auto filter as active. And finally I want to sav...

Error: "Unable to open your default e-mail folders. The microsoft exchange server is unavailable"
Hi: I have a user on our exchange 2003 sp1 system who is receiving the above error when trying to connect to his mailbox. He is able to connect in OWA. I gave myself rights on his mailbox and set up a new profile on my machine (xp, office 2003) and connected fine. I then logged in as his account on my machine, set up a profile and tried to open outlook and received the error above. Any ideas. Not seeing this exact error on the microsoft site or google groups. ...

Outlook and Word
I just had to reinstall Office XP and know, when I open Outlook a blank MS Word page come onto the screen. When I delete the page The Outlook screen is there. I uninstalled the office xp and reinstalled the program and the same thing happens. Is there any way I can get rid of this annoying problem Thanks in advance Tom Whalen ...

New to mac...how do you make a calendar?
Hi, I am a teacher and have previously made my parent volunteer calendars with my pc on Publisher....how do I create similar calendars on a mac? Thanks! Hello Melissa, Publisher is PC-only. Would Entourage's Project Center be suitable? See http://www.microsoft.com/mac/products/entourage2004/using.aspx?pid=usingento urage2004&type=howto&article=/mac/library/how_to_articles/office2004/en_proj ectcenter.xml See also "Print a custom calendar in Entourage" http://www.microsoft.com/mac/products/entourage2004/using.aspx?pid=usingento urage2004&type=howto&article=/m...

Works won't open in Word
On some computers in our environment I can simply right click on a works document and do an open w/ word and the document will come right up. On most I can't though. We are using Office XP 2002, and should all be on the same patch level. Was there an update to office or a setting that needs to be set to make this work on all machines? Do the PCs on which you can't do this have the appropriate Works filter installed? -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word ...

Access 97 to Word 97- Memo Fields truncating
When I convert a Access 97 report to Word 97, some of the memo fields truncate in Word. It does not matter the size of the data in the memo field. Sometimes the data is a only a few sentices, other times a large paragraph. Other times a very large paragraph will come accross fully intacted. Thanks. Laurie wrote: -------------------- | Content-Class: urn:content-classes:message | From: "Laurie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> | Sender: "Laurie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> | Subject: Access 97 to Word 97- Memo Fields truncating | Date:...

Hyperlinks have stopped opening in emails I receive
Have loaded new antivirus software having deleted older version and since then I can not open any links that are included in emails What happens when you try? If you get an error about restrictions in effect, this is a problem with IE, its not an Outlook error. You need to reset your internet settings in IE's Tools, Internet Options, Advanced tab. (Or Control panel, Internet options, Advanced tab). See http://www.slipstick.com/problems/link_restrict.htm for the latest information. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook &a...

2003 Keeps the default workbook open
When I start Excel, it starts up with a blank workbook. If I immediately open a saved file, it closes the blank workbook... All good... except mine has stopped closing the blank one. So I always end up with 2 workbooks open, the one I opened and a blank one that I'm not interested in! Is this a setting? if so where? Can I fix it? thanks... M Did you or someone create a default workbook (ie, Book.xltx or Book.xltm) and save it in "C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART"? On 5/9/2010 4:17 AM, Michelle wrote: > When I start...

Save word 2003
I run windows XP with word 2003. I recently performed a system reset with some back up software. After which word 2003 wouldn't save any documents. There is 2G of memory left on the C drive so it's not lack of space. I've read other strings about this but can't find a solution, a previous string talked about removing "Security Update for Windows XP (KB908531)" but I don't have this in my list of updates (this advice was from 2006 though?) Any help greatly appreciated. See http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm then repair Office 20...

Named as rlbook1, re-open? How?
....during library internet sesion this occurred. I don't understand your question. Please put the entire question in the body of the message. It's rather cryptic now. "rlscreen001" <rlscreen001@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:577EA294-53D3-4D94-A042-7CB9C58B7F64@microsoft.com... > ...during library internet sesion this occurred. ...

When launching Excel 2007 the VB debuger always opens
I am testing Excel 2007 Beta 2 on two computers. On one of them, XP SP2 there is no problem. On the other, 2003 Server SP1, each time I open Excel a VB window opens up, with a message that says "Compile error: Cant find project or library." If I close that window I get a message saying that the debugger will stop. If I close that, Excel reacts normally. Any suggestions? Thanks ccoates@gfs.com Hi Chris, Do you have any templates loading on the second computer? Any add-ins? What is shown in VB itself when you see the error message? Which module are you in? This sounds like...

Problem registering Office:mac 2008

How to open new excel file in new window by default?
Hello, Could anyone help? How to open new excel file in new window by default? it opens in the last window on the screen as of now. Bests Jayesh When I open a workbook (or create a new workbook) it is opened in its own new window in addition to whatever I have open at the time. Each open workbook has its own window. You can select which workbook to work with in Excel 2007 by View/Switch Windows and selecting the workbook you want. I believe in Excel 2003, it is Window/List of Windows to do the same thing. You can also cycle through your currently open workbooks by pressing Ctrl+F6. ...

Open outlook express eml files with Office Outlook
How can I get my Microsoft Outlook e-mail software to open a Outlook Express .eml file save on a network. My objective is to be able to double click the .eml file or drag and drop it into my Microsoft Outlook application. Thank you, LS Lance <llscott@csicable.net> wrote: > How can I get my Microsoft Outlook e-mail software to > open a Outlook Express .eml file save on a network. My > objective is to be able to double click the .eml file or > drag and drop it into my Microsoft Outlook application. You have to open in with Outlook Express and then move it to Outlook fro...

Outlook 2003 wont save password
I have gone through the fix that microsoft states (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;259416)with deleting my protected storage system provider, but it still has not resolved my problem. I have even reinstalled outlook with no success. Any other leads would greatly be appriciated. Not sure what the link was as it is now dead - but do you have several email accounts with the same pop details? "cmwagen" <kaaching1@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:052e01c3cf60$f569fd80$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I have gone through the fix that microsoft states > (htt...

How to increase the size of the icons in the ribbon in Word 2007
How can I increase the size of the icons in the ribbon in Word 2007, my eyes don't work so well anymore. Thanks, rbk I belive you will have to change the screen resolution in Windows in order to get bigger icons. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "rleebk" <rleebk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:469248CA-96AE-47E4-9EA0-ABC5BB336373@microsoft.com... > How can I increase the size of the icons in the ribbon in Word 2007, my > eyes > don't work so well anymore. > Thanks, rbk ...

Copy and Paste text to Word
I have a large spreadsheet of data. There are no values or formulas. I need to cut and past this into word in a way that shows the paste only as text - normally it has an outline of the cells. Reason is that I need to save this as a .txt file for an upload to another system. Thanks in advance (again) > way that shows the paste only as text In Word, try: Edit > Paste special > Unformatted Text -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Please respond, in newsgroup xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "AndrewS" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> >I have a large spr...

Desktop shortcut opens app but will not open file
When one of my users clicks on a desktop shortcut (MS Excel), the program opens but the file will not. The user can open the file directly by going into Excel and clicking open , file, etc. Thanks, Glen This are the usual things to fix this Tools>Options>General uncheck "Ignore other Applications" Exit Excel and try again If this doesn't work try to re-register Excel Close Excel first and On the Windows Taskbar 1 ) Start>Run "excel.exe /unregserver"(no quotes)>OK. 2) Start>Run "excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes)>OK. See the space be...

Outlook Express won't open and can't access newsgroups from Outlook Office 2003
I do not understand why newsgroups are not incorporated into Outlook 2003. Now when I can get "news" to be listed on the go menu of Outlook 2003, it opens outlook express for me, but my "news" button keeps vanishing and I can't add it back becuase it is not listed in the options under the Go category in the categorize menus area. :-( And I can't open Outlook Express by itself, when I click Express icon in start menu, 2003 opens. :-( Outlook has always opened OE for news reading. To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel | Intern...

Word default paper size- networked user accounts
Word 2004- processors various, OS 10.5 How do I get Word to default to A4 (instead of US letter) for networked accounts? Hi Jeremy: The succinct answer to this is "By ensuring that your operating system locality preferences are set correctly before you install." Microsoft Office picks up all its global settings from the "Language and Text" system preferences in OS 10.6 (I think they were called something else in 10.5). If this has been done wrongly at installation, you need to set the System Preferences correctly and then delete the individual user's...

cannot open email message
I cannot open email messages that have an attachment to it. Help ...

Word windows 07 docs let's crash win for mac 2008

How to write figures in words form?
If I want to write 120 in words form (One Hundred twenty), how I can do it in EXCEL. Try at http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html. Amjad Wrote: > If I want to write 120 in words form (One Hundred twenty), how I can do > it in > EXCEL. -- Bryan Hessey ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Bryan Hessey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=21059 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=400011 Try: http://www.meadinkent.co.uk/xlnumberstext.htm Amjad Wrote: ...

office 2008 mac trial
Is there a trial for this product or will it be released in technet as i need to try it out for a client who currently uses iwork08 There's been no notice of a general availability. I can't speak for TechNet but that's the resource to check directly... There are few here who are TechNet subscribers:-) Good Luck |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 3/15/08 2:11 PM, in article B027EAFE-6F68-47E3-9A39-254D3E97A4B4@microsoft.com, "Andrew" <Andrew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a trial for this product or will it be released in technet as i need...