Word attachments

I am running Windows 7 and Word 2007.
I want my attachments to open in Print preview not full screen reading view.
I have unchecked the box in Word Options, rebooted and resent emails with
attachments to myself.
However, they will not open in any other mode but full screen reading view.

Any suggestions welcome.

You can disable Full Screen Reading view, but you cannot force documents to
open in Print Preview. If you mean Print Layout view, then you need to save
them in this view; see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/SaveViewAndZoom.htm

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Ros" <Ros@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am running Windows 7 and Word 2007.
> I want my attachments to open in Print preview not full screen reading
> view.
> I have unchecked the box in Word Options, rebooted and resent emails with
> attachments to myself.
> However, they will not open in any other mode but full screen reading
> view.
>
> Any suggestions welcome.

0
Suzanne

can outlook download the attachment of the incoming mail automatically?
can outlook download the attachment of the incoming mail automatically? what i want to do is once there is a new mail comes, outlook will automatically download the attachment, it would be better if it can be set to download some specific attachement? Thanks Not sure what you mean. Are you using POP or IMAP? By default, in POP, the attachment will download automatically with the message. Linus wrote: > can outlook download the attachment of the incoming mail > automatically? > > what i want to do is once there is a new mail comes, > outlook will automatically download t...

Attaching Chart to Email?
I have an Excel spreadsheet, and derived from it 5 charts. How can I attach one of the charts to an email to send to someone? (I know how to attach the whole spreadsheet, and the associated charts, but I don't want to send the spreadsheet and the other 4 charts, because they contain data not appropriate to share with the email recipient.) Thanks. -- ---------- CWLee Former slayer of dragons; practice now limited to sacred cows. Believing we should hire for quality, not quotas, and promote for performance, not preferences. Hi CWLee Try this example http://www.rondebruin.nl/mai...

Prblm w/ photos ninserted in MS Word text box
I'm running Word 2004 on a Mac G5 running OS 10.4. When inserting a photo in a text box in a Word doc, some of the Picture Effects are not active.I want to add a shadow around the edge. When I click on the picture, the Picture Formatting Pallette opens, but the Shadow effect, next to "Effects" in the second row down is not active. What's going on? Mike in Atlanta On 12/20/05 5:35 PM, in article 1135118110.792146.154940@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com, "Mike in ATL" <mike.ventura@comcast.net> wrote: > I'm running Word 2004 on a Mac G5 running OS 10.4....

Extracting the last word of a field
Hi all, I have an excell sheet where one column contains the address data including the city. I want to take the city from this field and put it in another field. The method I thought is to fiind the LAST space character, and extract what is on the right of this space character. I try to use FIND & RIGHT functions, but as there are more than one space characters in each column, it does not work. Can anybody help. Thanks for answers one way: =MID(A1,FIND("$",SUBSTITUTE(A1," ","$",LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1," ",""))))+1, 255...

How can I move a picture in word 2007.
I inserted a picture in a blank page, Selected the picture and tried to drag it. It won't move. I tried the picture, then format tab, then align. I tried to unselect Align to Margin, but it would not Unalign Any suggestions. It should be an easy solution, but I am stuck. The out-of-the-box default for inserting pictures is a text wrapping of "in line with text", meaning that it behaves like a single character. You can drag it to another position within text -- but if there is no other text on the document, there's no place to drag it to. You can change any s...

adding something so a spreadsheet can be emailed as an attachment
I would like to add something visual on a spreadsheet (which is an order form) so after my customers have filled it out they can SIMPLY click a "button" and it will automatically send to my email address the completed spreadsheet as an attachment, IS this possible? Thanks Vid Is it possible to assign a Macro to do something like this ? Maybe you could add a button from the Forms toolbar and assign a macro that does the emailing. Ron de Bruin has lots of sample code that may help. If you have followup questions, you may want to include as much info as you know about your custom...

Converting from page-layout program to Word
I'm using Microsoft Office Word 2003. I have a document that was formatted for some ancient page-layout program that won't even run under Windows XP, so I'd like to put it all into Word. It's currently in a tag-style format; for example, to italicize some section, it needs surrounding tags, like this: <W0I>Passage to be italicized.<D> The document is huge, so I need to use Replace all to turn all of these into italics in Word. Is there a way to turn such passages, wherever they occur, into italicized text in Word, dropping the tags on either sid...

Winmail.dat message When Attachments
The problem is that when I send attachments (at least to people who are not using Outlook), instead of receiving them, they get a file named winmail.dat, which leads them nowhere. I know this usually happens when you send text in RTF or Word to those who cannot recognize it. However, I always send my mail as Plain Text, which is the standard solution that Microsoft gives for resolving the problem. I'm using Office and Outlook 2000 (IMO, 9.0.0.2711) on Win98. I can get around the problem by zipping the attachments, but that is a nuisance for me and the recipient. In looking at some of th...

user form
I am so frustrated. I am creating a form and I want to force a phone number format. Easy in Excel but cannot find it anywhere in word 2007. Please help Thanks Use the VBA Format function Format(1234567890, "(###) ###-####") will return (123) 456-7890 -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "Dcook" <Dcook@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5F0E1C93-E828-46F7-98EF-FE6DF84...

How to turn off maximizing other documents when opening a new word
When you have a few word documents minimizes and you open a new word document, one of the minimized documents maximizes too. Is there a way to get rid of that annoyance? ...

receiving pic attach broken into pieces
My friend is trying to send, as an attachment, a picture that is showing as 73 KB on her machine. It's a jpeg pic and she is using html format for her email from Outlook Express. When it arrives into my Outlook 2003 inbox, there is no attachment, the picture is plain text part of the email and is broken into numerous email messages. Whose settings have to change? and what settings cause this? Thanks! Linda "Linda" said in news:902501c3ea8f$c2273c40$a101280a@phx.gbl: > My friend is trying to send, as an attachment, a picture > that is showing as 73 KB on her machine....

Problem with Outlook sending attachments endlessly
One of my PCs is having a problem sending attachments through Outlook XP. When sending attachments of even moderate size (~750kb), the attachment is sent and then queued again and then sent and then .... Outlook endlessly sends the attachment, flooding my poor recipients. I have tried two completely different SMTP servers with the same result. The odd thing is that my other PC, also with Outlook XP installed, has no problems sending attachments. Any ideas on this one? After queuing an email with an attachment this morning, I came back from lunch and found that it had sent the same email 7...

microsoft word 02-07-10
when attempting to type in a word docoment nothing appears. get message modification is not allowed because the selection is locked. Sounds like you have an expired trial version. Time to pay for the software. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "elnora" <elnora@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:889DED0D-FA9B-4375-9762-843CED4EF5C5@microsoft.com... > when attempting to type in a word docoment nothing appears. get message > modification is not allowed because the s...

Using Publisher 2000 files in Word 2000
In very simple words please... How may I make mixed text and clipart files produced in Publisher 2000 be moved to Word 2000 and - remaining unchanged in appearance and editability - save as .doc files? Thank for any help and/or advice. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Simply, you cannot. Copy and paste via the clipboard is the only way and no layout format will be retained. -- After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Serendipity pill@blueyonder.co.uk... > How may I make mixed text and clipart files pr...

word pad and encoding is making is making viewing hard
When i go to view pdf files the encoding ask for choice of making it readable. I do not want this interference and need to make possible to just open up pdf files. It was also viewing in wordpad which i do not want to do. Is there some tab that i'm missing or do i need to configure some thing? On Thu, 26 Nov 2009 08:49:02 -0800, Rodney d <Rodneyd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When i go to view pdf files the encoding ask for choice of making it readable. >I do not want this interference and need to make possible to just open up >pdf files. >It was also ...

Populate Word UserForm Combo Box from Access
Does anyone know how to reference/populate a combo box which is on a userform within a Word document. I am trying to overcome the 25 item limit on a drop down combo box on a Word form. The way to do this seems to be to create a UserForm and add the combo box onto that. - this allows more than 25 items, but i cannot see how to populate it from within Access. The normal combo boxes on the document I populate like this: doc.FormFields("EmployeeName").Dropdown.ListEntries.Add Name:=rs!employeename I can populate the combo box on the userform from a Macro in the document itself...

ADD link in Greatb Plains RW to print a word document
Is there a way in the Great Plains RW to add a link in the report to print a word doc or other for. We have T and C we would like to print when a PO is printed, and it when adding it to the text in PO looks poor, but we rather have is linked to print with some type command prompt in the report . Thanks David I have a VBA example which automatically prints a custom Terms and Conditions report after printing the Purchase Order. This is all self contained in Great Plains and does not use external applications. If you want a copy please email me using the address below (remove the ..o...

Convert two separate Word documents into one
Anybody know how to merge/convert two separate (one page) Word document into one (two page) document? HELP> In news:B5526982-84F0-4552-A34F-7F72AB3DADDC@microsoft.com, CAOWEN <CAOWEN@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Anybody know how to merge/convert two separate (one page) Word > document into one (two page) document? > > HELP> Open one of them. PUt the cursor at the very bottom (CTRL-END keys works well for that). Click Insert File. Save the resulting combined file to a NEW NAME to avoid losing either of the two originals. HTH, Twayne ...

Word 2007 with file type .docx
Word 2007 with file type .docx could not be accessed via blackboard webmail. ...

Word showing edits that are not part of the document

Word 97 or 2000 able to insert umlauts?
I know that in Word 2003 you can press Ctrl+" (quotation marks) and get an umlaut over the next character/vowel that you type. I do this quickly and easily to get these foreign (i.e., non-English) marks-- including the enye. I read that this is also able to be done in Word 2000. Is this true? How about Word 97? The shortcut keys will work in any version of Word. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "PRR" <psaulm119@aim.com> wrote in message news:b3730c70-469d-4fc3-9bd5-0d032361362f@32g...

Importing address from Excel to Word
I have a list of addresses(see attched file) and I want to insert the into a word document. Can this be done? Thank you. -Ja Attachment filename: excel.jpg Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=59006 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Dear Jay I view this forum via the net, so can't open your attachement, but you should be able to insert them into Word by opening Word and using the Mail Merge facility - If you are new to Mail Merging I would suggest that you have a quick look at the Word help files. Ho...

Editing equation in rtf doc: "Word equation too large to convert"
I have an academic paper that I have written and need to share with my co-authors who use MS Word. I converted it from latex to rtf format. I can open the document in word 2007 and edit it, however, whenever I try to edit an equation I get a dialogue box with the error message “Word equation too large to convert". The contents of the equation get erased and I have close the equation editor and press Crtl-z to get the contents of the equation back. The problem occurs even with very simple equations, such as the fraction 1/2. I have searched the web and others seem to ha...

Cannot download attachments using OWA
Exchange Server 2003 w/SP1 on Windows Server 2003 I have one user who is cannot save or view attachments via OWA. She experiences this problem using her Windows XP SP2 laptop at work or at home as well as on her machine at home. The attachment works fine when she opens the email via Outlook 2003. The error she gets when she tries to save the attachment is: "Internet Explorer cannot download Dept Reports.doc?attach=1 from mail.mydomain.com. Internet Explorer was not able to open this Internet site. The requested site is either unavailable or cannot be found. Please try again later....

Word mail merge