Word 2007 Unrestricted Access?

I have a file that a customer sent. Under Protect Document > Unrestricted
Access is checked. Another person in the office has made changes with the
Track Changes on. They were able to save the file, but we cannpt accept the
changes because we get a message that says the document is protected.

What exactly does "Unrestricted Access" mean?
How do we accept changes?

Thanks for any assistance you can give me.
--
marcia

"Unrestricted Access" means anyone can read and change the document, so you
or the other employee should be able to accept or reject tracked changes.
Sounds as if your document has also been restricted for formatting and
editing.  You need to stop the protection that is in place.  Are you in Word
2007?
--
Alice.

"marcia" wrote:

> I have a file that a customer sent. Under Protect Document > Unrestricted
> Access is checked. Another person in the office has made changes with the
> Track Changes on. They were able to save the file, but we cannpt accept the
> changes because we get a message that says the document is protected.
>
> What exactly does "Unrestricted Access" mean?
> How do we accept changes?
>
> Thanks for any assistance you can give me.
> --
> marcia

OWA, access meeting types
Hello: We are looking for a way to modify meeting labels (the color of the meeting entry in the Outlook Calendar) in Outlook Web Access. We have been looking around for 3rd party products that may support this, but so far we have not found anything. Does anybody know of any products, that will give users access to the "label" attribute for meetings in Outlook Web Access? Thanks in advance.... -- Chris ...

Pasting an Outlook '07 email message item/object in a Word '07 doc
Is there a way to paste an Outlook '07 email message item/object into a Word '07 document? If in Outlook, you use File>Save to save the message as an Outlook message, you can then select and copy that .msg file and paste it into a Word document. Then in the Word document, if you double click on the message, it will open as an Outlook message. -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services on a paid professional basis. "George" <George@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in m...

How do I turn off Spellcheck for Repeated Words?
I am using Word 2003, when I send an email (using MS Office Outlook), Word finds repeated words and offers to correct this. With a company name like "Glug Glug Glug" this can be a real nuisance. Word doesn't appear to check the dictionary for repeated words. The simplest way to deal with company names is to use a non-breaking space between the repeated words. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site htt...

Excel front ends to Access Database
We are in the process of converting all our old 95 databases and I have one with excel front ends. Upon converting the DB to Access 2000 and reentering the Excel front end the DB is unrecognized. Any suggestions? Thanks! ...

How stop duplicate fields when creating a Report in Access?
no metter what method I use to create the report - it throws double fields into the report. You manually delete one of each and proceed and it continues to add double fields. We did not have this issue in 2003 version. WHat is the problem and how do we fix it? Are you talking about the record source (a query) for the report listing fields twice? If so, check the underlying query and see if it has an asterisk (return all fields) in SELECT clause of the query. It is a property of queries in design view (Output all fields). Set this to No to eliminate the fields showing ...

Menu Maker and Excel 2007
Hi all I see that John Walkenbach's Menu Maker doesn't require much modification to work with the QAT. Is there a similar method for building a custom Ribbon tab or group? Thanks in advance Paul Martin Melbourne, Australia Hi, Check out Mike's menu builder for 2007. http://www.datapigtechnologies.com/freeware.htm Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Paul Martin" <melbournefilm@gmail.com> wrote in message news:40c5f73c-9e78-43f5-b4fd-d3f84097837c@f20g2000vbl.googlegroups.com... > Hi all > &...

problem with fonts using Word as editor #3
All new messages come up with a superscript font. I remove the check mark and go into default, but new msgs keep coming up in superscrip.What is one to do? Leo Leo Kerner <l.kerner@sympatico.ca> wrote ... > All new messages come up with a superscript font. I remove the check > mark and go into default, but new msgs keep coming up in superscrip.What > is one to do? Since you keep asking, I'll reply with my first reaction to all word-as-email-editor problems: don't use Word as your email editor. It's a simple and 100% effective solution to this and a whole host of ot...

Excel 2007 sorting bug?
If an Excel 2007 sheet (#1) has formula referenced cells to another sheet (#2), and if the column in sheet (#2) containing the referenced cells is then A-Z sorted on the value then the original references in sheet #1 get lost as they are now pointing to different cells. Is this an Excel 2007 bug? Why after the sort does the relative position not move so keeping the correct references?. I have not used $ in the cell address. Beemer No, this is not a bug. If you have cells on Sheet1 pointing to other cells on Sheet2 with a direct reference like =Sheet2!B1, then if you change the c...

Drag Email into Access Form
As a way of monortoing Email useage i would like to be able to drag an email from Outlook into a memo field on an access form. Currently it only drags the header, how do i get the body of the email message dragged across as well? ...

Microsoft Access Tables and Forms
I have made up a table and then created a form from it. The table does not reflect the changes made in the form. I have done everything that I can think of in order to make this work (input info, go to next record, close form), but table still will not update. I want to create reports, but I have no totals showing up, because they will not show in the table. Desperately in need of HELP!!! Helen Helen In a standard Access design, you create a table, (optionally, you create a query based on the table), you create a form bound to the table (optionally, to the query). When you open the for...

Need immediate help with Access to Outlook Please
This is my 3rd request.... Please, thank you.... I went through a windows update and was asked to reboot which I did. I had Outlook open and closed it before rebooting - it was opened to contacts. when I tried to access Outlook I got an error message saying "your personal address book could not be opened. the file is either not accessible or not a personal address book. choose retry to access your personal address book, or choose cancel to not open your personal address book with this application." I have no other application to open this address book with! my contac...

software update problem in $2007 H&B
I've installed Money 2007 H&B and my location is China.Then every time I launched the program,it says something like "To operate correctly,click 'ok' to let Money download the software update." But if I click 'OK',after it download autoupdate.dll(.cab) and autoupdate.xml,it alarms "A software update is already in progress.Please try again when the update is complete." How can I solve the problem ? By the way , can i download the software update manually? I'm having the same problem, and i cannot find the update on microsoft's website...

sending email in outlook 2007 is not working
sending email in outlook 2007 is not working. My gut tells me it has something to do with the setup. What happens and what does the error message say -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "matt" <matt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A9819497-A904-4827-8A8B-CFFB88E08B16@microsoft.com... > sending email in outlook 2007 is not working. My gut tells me it has > something to do with the setup. > ...

Excel 2007 ERROR MSGS
I am using the Trial Office 2007. I have no problems with the other programs, but when I open Excel 2007 I get the following msg: MS Visual Basic Compile Error in Hiidden Module: AutoExecNew When I try to close the program I get this error: MS Visual Basic Compile Error in Hidden Module: DistMon Does anyone know what this means and how I can fix it? Thank you. Google is your friend http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&aq=t&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GFRD_en___US219&q=autoexecnew http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&aq=t&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GFRD_en__...

Installing Office 2007 and keep getting earlier fersion error
I have tried the uninstall utility in Windows XP for a trial version of Office 2003. The install of Office 2007 keeps telling me the 2003 version is still there. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------040201090908050807090708 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit How long has it been since you installed Office 2003 "Trial Version"? Also please confirm that YOU REALLY MEAN OFFICE 2003 and not Office 2007. These are two different products doing almost identical things like writing a letter to ...

how to make pst file to be accessible from CD/DVD?
hi any one have idea? thanks > any one have idea? You can't. Full read and write access to the PST is needed. -- -f.h. ...

Project 2007 PWA + Outlook 2003 = CRASH
We have MS Project 2007 SP1 with MS Outlook SP3. Periodically when we synch outlook, it crashes outlook and / or IE 6. Can not find definative information on how to fix.... Please advise. Thanks -- Thank you George E. Haney III, PMP, MCP George, There are usually some basic things to try first, and you don't mention anything that you may have tried, such as re-installing to repair the installation of the applications. If that's not helpful, you might post back with more information, such as other Office applications you might be using in conjunction, wha...

Access CRM database from Access
Is it feasible to access my CRM database from an access frontend with linked tables? I created a new ODBC connection and found a CRM filtered view but that is read only. I would strongly suggest that you not try to update CRM data through any interface other than CRM -- Web or Outlook Client. You're just asking for trouble, because of the interconnectedness of the tables, views, and security. "Pat Horridge" wrote: > Is it feasible to access my CRM database from an access frontend with linked > tables? > I created a new ODBC connection and found a CRM filtere...

how do I insert an envelope into an existing word document?
I would like to attach an envelope into an existing word document in order to accomplish both tasks of printing a letter and an envelope addressed to that individual using mail merge. With the document open, go to Tools | Letters and Mailings | Envelopes and Labels. On the Labels tab, create your envelope (if you have the address selected in your document, it will be automatically inserted) and click Add to Document. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "cruza2" <cruza2@discussions.microsoft....

Access 2003 and Excel 2003
Is there anyway of installing the Excel Object library in Access 2003 without actually installing Excel. Or is there anyway of deleteing Excel and leaving the library in place. The reason for my question is I have developed an Access application which runs on 50 plus pcs. The application included Excel reporting. Unfortunately we have 50 Access licenses and only 10 Excel licenses. Those pcs without an Excel license run the same application but wont be reporting in Excel. But without the library, which only seems to be in place with Excel installed, the application will not compile. ANY hel...

Vista & Access 97
Hello All I Have aproplem that in a certain PC which works under windows vista the access 97 is corrupted when you run any access applcation, the same application is worked truly in other windows systems (xp,98,...) can any one help us thanks hi, Developer wrote: > I Have aproplem that in a certain PC which works under windows vista the > access 97 is corrupted when you run any access applcation, the same > application is worked truly in other windows systems (xp,98,...) can any one > help us Where is your .mdb located? Using offline-folders is a known problem under so...

Developer 2007
I have the following ... Microsoft Office Access 2007 Microsoft Office Access Developer Extension 2007 Microsoft Office Access Runtime 2007 My Question is : 1- I cant see Microsoft Office Access Developer Extension 2007 and Microsoft Office Access Runtime 2007 in Microsoft Office Access 2007 . 2- is there any lesson explain how to use developer extension 2007 and access runtime 2007 2- How can I make exe file using Microsoft Office Access Runtime 2007 Notes: I have only Microsoft Office Access 2007 on my computer Did you not bother following the link I gave you when I answered this quest...

How to change a excel document into a word document?
is it possible to convert and excel document into an word document Copy and paste? You can actually open a .xls file in MSWord. But before you do this, copy the .xls file to a new name and open that new name.xls If you save the .xls file inside MSWord, you can destroy all your work (and if you have MSWord's autosave turned on, you may not notice it until it's too late!) wannaknow wrote: > > is it possible to convert and excel document into an word document -- Dave Peterson ...

Getting IE's current the word for the specified coordinates?
If i have the Internet Explorer(or something like msword ...)'s handle then, How can I Returns the single word(not a whole text) for the specified x and y coordinates. Hi Corba, Thanks for your post! I think what's you want is just to grab text on the screen(I don't know whether IE has any interface to return words of its inside page). am I right? The general way to do this is to hook the TextOut API call when you want to grab the text from other programs, you can find many articles about how to hook API on the web, but it is still a complicated and dangerous(to the OS) ...

Converting from Access 2003 to Access97
Hi, I wrote a VBA program to read and process data from an ODBC source and put it into an Access database. I want to make the program into an MDE file and run it on systems with Access 2003. So I have to work in Access 2003 to do this. The problem is that the database that is created by my program will have to be imported into an application that only handles Access 97 .mdb file formats. I am wondering if there is any way to do this. I only have to export the tables, but I need to preserve the table properties. I was thinking about doing some type of generic export from ACC2003 and then ...