Word 2007 paragraph spacing

In WORD 2007 (and maybe earlier versions) 'paragraph spacing'  measurements
sometimes use 'line' as the unit of spacing and sometimes use  'pt'. Can I
force it to always use 'pt'?

It uses pt (or any of the other units that Word knows) when you
specify an Exactly value; it uses lines when you don't, and it
calculates the amount of line spacing (1, 1.5, etc.) on the basis of
the point size of the type in the paragraph.

On Jan 15, 3:57=A0pm, Scribble <Scrib...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> In WORD 2007 (and maybe earlier versions) 'paragraph spacing' =A0measurem=
ents
> sometimes use 'line' as the unit of spacing and sometimes use =A0'pt'. Ca=
n I
> force it to always use 'pt'?

0
Peter

Show All Groups in 2007
I've looked for this setting, but can't seem to find it -- or, maybe it's not available (which would totally surprise me) -- is there a way to always "Show All Groups" in Access 2007 as opposed to having to right click on the navigation pane and activate all the time? I prefer to see all my objects at once. Thanks for any help. Yes: the top of the Nav Pane has a drop-down. Choose: All Objects. To see them sorted like previous versions, right-click on the top of the Nav Pane, and choose: Category | Object Type -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, W...

'Some' Word files suddently corrupted
Just today, when I attempted to open some older MS Word (2003) files (in MS Word 2003), a dialog box appeared requesting the type of encoding required. The text appeared all jumbled and included numerous meaningless characters, rather than the original English text. I had recently installed OpenOffice 3.1 in an attempt to open some older OpenOffice documents. I uninstalled OpenOffice but the problem remains? What has happened and is there a reasonable 'cure?' Do the file icons appear to be different than what they were before? It may be that the file association has been...

Outlook 2007 256 Color Mode
Just returned home from a business trip, opened up my Outlook 2007 and it was UGLY! Looks like its running on 256 color mode or something. Running on Microsoft Vista / Office 2007 / Dell GX620 pc. It was working before I left. Not sure what cause or solution is. Tried doing a Office Repair...no affect. HELP! If you have a solution, please e-mail me at mcsims@gmail.com as I may loose this site location. Thanks...Michael Is it ONLY Outlook that looks that way? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com <mcsims@gmail.com> wrote in message ...

Messages stuck in Outbox + Heavy CPU load Outlook 2007
Hi, I am using Outlook 2007 with Windows Vista Ultimate. I have a very annoying problem. On a random messages, Outlook "decides" that a certain message will not leave the outbox whatsoever, even if I will write the same message again and again. It happens usually with attachments (usually small ones) but not always. This is what is happening usually: I am writing the message as usual, and trying to send it. In the lower corner, Outlook informs that send/receive was completed successfully but the message remains in the outbox, and somehow blinks a little (if I can describe it ...

access 2007 and custom toolbars in earlier version
Is there a way in Access 2007 (Enterprise) to modify a custom toolbar created in say Access 2002? In the help there are only topics about the quick access toolbar. I want to modify the action of a button, but right clicking and choosing customize, like used to be so easy (once you get used to it), is no longer possible. Does that mean no more custom toolbars and no backward compatibilty here? Help would be very welcome as the user friendliness of my user's experience is at stake here. ...

I can't run My outlook 2007 as its capacity is exceeded. How can .
My outlook 2007 has exceeded is maximum capacity two days ago and since then I can't run it since I am always getting a system comment saying that I need to empty folders to have it back - which I did inquite a large number os them. Now I would like to know how can I overcome this situation since, as I said, I have emptied quite a lot of folders and no result was obtainesd so far. Kindly help me with your advices. the soonest if possible Thanks Graça Maria Portugal There is no such thing as Maximum Capacity in outlook. How many emails a day do you receive? ...

How can I prioritize tasks by number in Outlook 2007?
I am trying to create a custom priority for my tasks in Outlook 2007, but I'm not able to edit the field that was created when I changed the settings to include a custom priority. I'm trying to put a number into it, so that I can sort my tasks in a certain category by number, but I'm not able to. We aren't watching you and your explanation is missing details. Where in Outlook are you trying to view the Tasks? There are 3 places to see Tasks. If in the Task Folder, what View are you in? If in Tasks folder you probably need to turn on in-line editing. Regards Judy Gle...

Problem opening up current Excel wksht to mail merge in Word
Hi, I have Microsoft 2007. I created a list in Excel with clients' name, address, city, state, zip. Then, in Word I go to Select Recipients, locate the Excel file and click open. Here's the problem: a Select Table box appears with Sheet1$, Sheet2$, and Sheet3$ as options. clicking on any of the three results in NOTHING. Nothing at all appears! I'm not sure what the problem might be. Thank you for the help! Rachelle ...

Money 2007 H & B + Windows Vista
Hello, I have read a lot about problems with installing and using Money (2007) on machines running Windows Vista. Is there some kind of "manual" how to go about the install procedure? A manual that describes where to have the program installed installed and where to keep the data? And a manual that describes how to keep the rights as an administrator as you would normally have under windows XP? And maybe there are some other issues that I haven't thought about. Thanks, Eric "Eric" <nomail@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:468fe69d$0$37724$5fc3050@dre...

Excel 2007. How do I get un-installed add-ins off the toolbar?
I have 2 Large Icons on the ribbon/toolbar of Excel 2007. These are Omnipage and s-force. Both of these have been uninstalled and I have de-activated both add-ins. How do I get these off the toolbar forever? thanks ...

Transaction error in Money 2007
Since TAXCUT is out and Money is free with it (Staples), I purchased and upgraded from 06 to 07. My first download resulted in a transaction on my Fidelity account that listed the sale of one mutual fund and the purchase of another. Following the prompts I accepted each transaction but received the following error: An error occurred but Money was unable to retrieve and display details about what happened. (Resource = rcmpiad. Error = 4061.) I have tried deleting the transaction but it continually says 1 transaction to read. I have run salvage and it claimed to fix some on-line issue...

How do I remove a hidden space in Excel cells
Not sure if this is an Excel or Word problem... I am doing a mail merge in Word (envelopes). I am pulling my data (name, address, cit/state/zip) from an Excel .xls I created. In mail merge, I select envelopes and go through all the steps. I use the Address Block for the delivery address. However, when it pulls the data over, the name line (first line of address block) is indented by one space. No matter what I do (place cursor at indent and use backspace or place cursor at next two correct lines and add a space), the change doesn't take place. I've checked all the tabs as...

Out of Disk Space........ Help!!
Suddenly I am out of disk space. It seems that the IMC OUT Archive has grown so large you cannot even do a dir listing of it. How do I clear the archive files to reclaim space ? Thanks You can safely delete contents of IN\ARCHIVE and OUT\ARCHIVE folders. You also can disable message archival if you do not need it in IMC props\Diag logging tab. froggy wrote: > Suddenly I am out of disk space. It seems that the IMC > OUT Archive has grown so large you cannot even do a dir > listing of it. How do I clear the archive files to > reclaim space ? > > Thanks To help complete...

Excel Charts in Word
I have a word report I need to do every month. The data and charts are in excel and the data changes monthly. How do I get the excel charts linked into a word document so that when I enter the new data in the excel spreadsheet that is automaitically updated in the report in the word docuemnt? Thanks Copy the Excel chart. In Word, use Edit menu > Paste Special, and select the Paste Link option. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Marc" <Marc@discussions.microso...

Double Space in notes in contacts.
Sometimes when hitting enter in a contact note field, enter double spaces instead of single space. Anyway to get it to get it to single space when hitting enter? -- Thank you, Eric Vogel ...

Rich Text formatting in Access 2007
In Access 2007, is it possible to add rich text formatting to text in a memo field (or mixed formatting within any text field). I have just upgraded to the new version of Access, and it appears that this feature still has not been added. Is this correct? (If so, why?) If it is not possible to format individual words within a field in Access, , is there a simple, free add-in that will enable Access to do this kind of basic formatting, such as adding italic, bold, and underlining? Thanks very much for any information you may have. Bob Rich Text format for Memos in: Tables - Look in t...

Problem linking excel charts in word
I have linked an excel chart into a word document by pasting special as a link. It looks fine when I paste it. I close the application and when I open it again the chart is cut off on the left, and sometimes at the top. It's as if the chart itself is off the edge of the frame it is sitting in. The chart in excel is perfectly OK. I can edit the excel chart, and edits are updated in the word document when links are updated, but it doesn't change the position of teh chart, so it's still cutting off part of the chart. The chart is on it's own sheet rather than being i...

Two users on a network editing documents simultaneously in word 20
My office just upgraded from Word 2003 to Word 2007. We are on a network and share access to Word files. In Word 2003, if one user tried to open a file in which another user was working, a message would appear stating that the file was "locked for editing by (user)." It seems that with Word 2007, any user can open a file (and edit it) while another user is doing so as well. We do not want this to be the case, and just want the settings to be as they were with Word 2003 (i.e. if a document is in use, another user cannot access it simultaneously). Ideally, we'd lik...

VBA Help in Access 2007
When looking through the Help engine, either local or online, I get blank pages when I look at many detail pages in the Help file. For example, when looking at most all web pages in ADO (Section I: ActiveX Data Objects (ADO), there's one title line and no detail. Is that planned behavior (no data) or is there some setting or site to find information? I'm specifically looking for handling records in a table (read, process, summarize). Thanks Terryomsn =?Utf-8?B?VGVycnk=?= <Terry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:04199121-0746-4A15-B201-03F13827D29C@microso...

Editing Password protected form fields in Word 2007
We have created a Word document with a legacy text form field. We inserted a word date field and protected the document allowing Filling in Forms. After protecting the document when we try going to the form field and clicking on back space to delete the entry we get "This is not a valid selection" message box. We have existing word documents in 2003 with similar form fields. We were able to delete the entries and add new data. After converting the documents to 2007 or create new documents in 2007 and try to delete the entries we get the above error. Hi Veera, ...

Extracting a word from a long text field
I have a text field (up to 200 characters) and I need to extract a specific word. The text field name is "MEDICATIONS" and the word I need to extract which might appear anywhere in the field is 'VENOFER'. The word need to be entered in a separate field in a query. Could any one help as to how to enter the code in the query? Thanking you Leo In the criteria I entered Like "VENOFER" Or "Venofer" It seems to work. Will it cause any problems down the line? In other wrods is this an acceptable procedure? "Leo" wrote: >...

How do I hyperlink directly to a section within a Word Document?
I have the need to provide html hyperlinks on our SharePoint portal that will open a Word document and go directly to specific section. I've tried creating anchored links to bookmarks within Word (docx format) but only get as far as having the document open (with a uri like http://portal/requirements.docx#anchor) but it doesn't navigate to the bookmark. Since some of these documents can be quite large, jumping directly to the use case is important. Has anyone else successfully done something like this? Any help is appreciated, Don ...

space between lines to be one
Re: Outlook 2003 I use Outlook to process my e-mail. How would I make the space between lines to be one (1)? Sometimes the space between lines is two (2), especially between paragraphs. Thank you, Barry Karas "Barry Karas" <barrykaras1234@comcast.net> wrote in message news:EZidnXsnw4464xHbnZ2dnUVZ_rqhnZ2d@comcast.com... > Re: Outlook 2003 > > I use Outlook to process my e-mail. How would I make the space between > lines to be one (1)? > > Sometimes the space between lines is two (2), especially between > paragraphs. > > Thank you, > >...

Re: is MS Publisher compatible with Word?
<<Can you use Word to edit Publisher files?>> No. Mac Townsend Adcom Graphics, Fairfield, C A www.adcomgraphics.com Powered by the E-mail PIM - Info Select - www.miclog.com ...

How to wireless sync WinMobile 6 with Outlook 2007?
Is there a way to sync WM phone with outlook, calendar, notes and tasks? I don't have an Exchange account, and would prefer not to use google calendar sync. (Running Vista Home Premium) My laptop calendar is always avail to my family and it would be great if the events I add to my phone calendar would automatically sync to the laptop at home. Thanks! Instal Active Sync on your PC http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/en-us/help/synchronize/device-synch.mspx "slw7228" <slw7228@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7EF461EB-9CC2-49B5-A933-A94F1A2DB07A@micro...