Word 2003 & Word 2007

I discovered quick picks in 2007.  My question is, is there are similar
feature in Word 2003?

thanks,

In Word 2003 there is AutoText; Quick Parts / Building Blocks are an extension of the AutoText feature in Word 2007.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"TarynB" <TarynB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E34F2982-1DE3-4838-923B-6DAFA503CB66@microsoft.com...
>I discovered quick picks in 2007.  My question is, is there are similar
> feature in Word 2003?
>
> thanks,

Stefan

How do I transpose an Excel 2003 column of data?
It used to be you could highlight a column, do a Copy and then, when you selected paste, you were presented the opportunity to Transpose. I am not offered the opportunity to Transpose. What gives? You need to select Paste Special not just Paste, then you will see the option to Transpose -- Regards Roger Govier "LordByron" <LordByron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:70597F3E-34B6-4C64-86C0-E24A70D6DEBC@microsoft.com... > It used to be you could highlight a column, do a Copy and then, when you > selected paste, you were presented the opportunity to T...

Outlook 2003 hanging in task manager
Outlook 2003 connected to exchange 2003 hangs in the task manager and has to be manually closed before it can be opened again. All add-ins have been disabled and the profile has also been rebuilt with no avail. Any help would be appreciated. ...

Outlook 2003 confusing folders from multiple HTTP email accounts
Hello all, I recently moved from Outlook Express to Outlook 2003. I have multiple HTTP (Hotmail) accounts that I migrated. Very often, Outlook 2003 confuses the folders from these accounts, such that I click on the inbox for account A and see the mail in the inbox in account B. When it does this, it seems to do it for all of the folders in common (so the junk email folder for account A also shows the junk email for account B). I noticed this some in Outlook Express, but Outlook 2003 does this all the time. Is there a remedy? Closing Outlook and re-opening it _sometimes_ fixes the problem. Th...

print envelope in word
I am having a little problem. OS is Win 2000 Pro, using Office 2003 Pro. Here is the problem. When I am using MS word and go to Envelopes & Labels under the tools tab, I am trying to import the delivery address from MS Outlook. I click on the address book and/or down arrow next to it and I get the message"Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client can not fulfil the messaging request. Please run MS Office Outlook and set it as the default mail client." I clicked ok and immediately get another message "Logon failed. You must log on to MS Excha...

Exchange 5.5 Administrator on Windows Server 2003?
Hi All, Just a quick question. I know that Exchange 5.5 is not on the supported applications list for Server 2003, is there any way of getting the 5.5 Administrator Console onto Server 2003?? Blackberry Enterprise Server requires the Exchange 5.5 Admin Console installed, and I want to install Blackberry onto a server running Windows 2003. Your comments appreciated, Thanks Andy you can install the exchange management tools on a 2003 server, which optionally includes 5.5 console "Andy" <Andy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C81FC915-0179-4475-8517-6...

Oultook 2003 and Newsgroups
It's been quite a hassle getting Newgroups to work. You have to make your Default Outlook Express and it will work perfectly! Don't select Outlook News Reader has your default or the NEWS will dissappear under GO. What they are doing here is actually using Outlook Express as the Outlook News Reader and as long as you set your default to Outlook Express, you click on NEWS under GO it will open and work just fine....(a small glitch in Outlook 2003) You can of course use a desktop shortcut, and byepass OL or IE access. eg "%ProgramFiles%\Outlook Express\msimn.exe" /outnews ...

ON 2010 on top of Office 2007
Is it okay to install just Onenote 2010 while running Office 2007? I only want to try the features in Onenote at this time. Does the interfunctionality (notably with Outlook and IE) still work? Thank you for assistance, -Bruce Bruce wrote: > Is it okay to install just Onenote 2010 while running Office 2007? I > only want to try the features in Onenote at this time. Yes. When installing choose "customized" and deselect the rest of Office. You can leave ON2007 on the machine. Both versions can co-exist, > Does the interfunctionality (notably with Outlook...

new user in exchange 2003
After creating a new user in exchange 2003 it takes from a couple hours to a few days for the email address to create, or show up. Even when we send the new user a email. Is there a command or script we can run to speed this process up? You can try to restart the System Attendant service under "Services" this may help populate the address field faster. If you haven't already I would go to microsoft.com and obtain the latest service pack for Exchange 2003. Also, after the account is created, if you go into the account properties in Active Directory you will see on the Exch...

Convert Word 2003 to Works
Hi, the new system that I purchased has OfficeWorks installed which I would rather use that the (cumbersum) Office 2003 program and would like to know if their is an easy way to covert the xxx.doc files to Works xxx.wps format? Thanks, Bob Does "Works" open the doc files? If so, you don't need to convert. Boblink wrote: > Hi, the new system that I purchased has OfficeWorks installed which I would > rather use that the (cumbersum) Office 2003 program and would like to know if > their is an easy way to covert the xxx.doc files to Works xxx.wps format? &g...

Re: Unable to open exchange 2000 mail box using Outlook 2003
"Ken Tech" <vtechakamphousha@4bizinet.com> wrote in message news:... > Urgent!!! > > My company has Exchange Server 2000 + latest sp on Win2k Server. Client > machines contain Outlook 2000, Outlook XP, and Outlook 2003. All outlook > versions work fine (can connect to exchange server and browse mailbox for > each user. > > Then I try to upgrade Exchnage server 2000 to 2003, the pre-install step has > been done but the program cannot be installed due to inproperly of ADC > version. The upgrade was cancel. > > After that outlook 2003 user cann...

Outlook 2007 on Vista Shuts down when opening mail.
I have Office Enterprise 2007 on Vista Business running both a pop account and an exchange account. I only use exchange (SBS 2003) to share a public calendar and contact list (no email) with 3 other users. When I open Outlook and it is receiving messages (I have the reading pane open) it will sometimes just shut down with no warning. When I reopen Outlook the reading pane is closed. If I reopen the reading pane it works fine for a while and then it happens again. I run AVG Antivirus without the Outlook add in. I just run the pop account filter. I run the Office 2007 Junk filter. -...

VLOOKUP Conversion from Excel 2003 to Excel 2007
I have a large table where the column A is also the lookup column. Basically, I'm doing a moving average over column A. In excel 2003, the following works =VLOOKUP(A264-3000,A:A,1) In Excel 2007, I get #VALUE!. How can I use column A as the lookup source and the result column? For those of you interested, 3000 represents mileage (oil change increments). Thanks, Mike Ober. On Nov 8, 3:38 pm, "Michael D. Ober" <obermd.@.alum.mit.edu.nospam> wrote: > I have a large table where the column A is also the lookup column. > Basically, I'm doing a moving averag...

Problem after migrating from Exhange 5.5 to 2003 !!!!!!
we have successfully migrated from EX 5.5 to Ex 2003, but have encoutered a small issue, some users that get migrated accross to the new server cannot delete emails using outlook 2002 Sp1.. the Deleted items Icon is not shown as a recycle bin icon but comes up as a normal folder... you cannot move anything into this folder nor can you right click and empty the folder.... any ideas? the weirdest thing of it is i we moved 2 users and one was ok the other had the above problem. both moved at the same time to the same server all help is greatly appreciteded Have you tried running outlo...

Word 2003
I created a template in Word 2003 for group use. A lot of people have opened it and used it then saved the resulting document. However, there are some other users that can open the template but cannot do a Save As. The template works but cannot be saved. The template does have some protected sections and I tried turning that off but it still doesn't work. I have never seen this before. Any ideas? Also one of the users has a problem where once he tries to do a Save As that doesn't work then tries to close the Word application, he can't. It appears to close but autom...

Exchange 2003 and active sync
We are having a problem trying to get active sync to work. When I setup the connection to use ssl, it will not connect. I am thinking that the certificate for the exchange server is named the url of our webmail and i enter the server name as machinename.ourdomain.com If I uncheck to use ssl, it appears to connect but continuously prompts for a username and password, as if I entered it worng. We are running exchange 2003 on a windows server 2003 standard box and our domain controllers are Win2k server. Any insight into this would be great. On Fri, 13 Oct 2006 06:52:02 -0700, michael-j &...

outlook 2003 importing from turnpike 6
Hi Ive moved from turnpike 6 is there any way of importing emails into outlook? Nik What export format does Turnpike support? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, NikV asked: | Hi | Ive moved from turnpike 6 is there any way of importing emails into | outlook? | | Nik ...

Money 2007
Hello, I have the following problem if someone can help me please: I'm starting to setup the budget but there are no % numbers on each budget group, just little square and illegible characters, is this a bug? or am I doing something wrong? thanks for any help -- Cris ...

Upgrade .pst file from 2002 to 2003 format
I want to take advantage of some of the new features of the Outlook 2003 ..pst file format, namely the bigger capacity. After I upgraded OfficeXP to Office 2003, the settings migration worked just fine. Now I want to upgrade the .pst file format. Is that necessary and if it is, how do I do it? Thanks, ~alan Outlook 2003 will create a PST file in the new format by default. Just copy the contents of your old PST file into a new one created by Outlook 2003. Be sure you then set the new one to be your default. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "~~Alan~~" <alan.shepro_NOSPAM...

Excel -> Word
Hi, In my Excel sheet, the user populates the rows with data. Once he' finished, he can push on a button which will create a (printable) Wor document with data from the row (+ some extra features). How to do this? Is there any documentation available for this? I guess this isn't that easy, but a hint would be helpfull. Thanks -- Ekse ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Ekser's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1140 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27315 http://word....

Quirk in Exch 2003 Mailbox Manager
Hi folks, I've got a quick question on using Mailbox Manager on Exchange 2003. We have a spam mailbox that collects about 60% of our incoming mail. I have created a Mailbox Manager weekly job that deletes Inbox mail older than 30 days. It always gets about 99% of the messages but inevitably leaves a few stragglers behind. For example, when the job ran last night, it deleted 2,497 messages. Great, right? Well not so quick. if the job was running properly, there should be no email in the Inbox older than January 30th (March 1st - 30 days), but there are in fact a few messages from ...

Outlook 2003 does not display contents of "Notes" folder
Outlook 2003 does not display the contents of my Notes folder when I click on the Notes "button" at the bottom of the left window pane. The left window pane gets updated but the right window pane still displays the previous folder. For example, I click on the Mail button. Next I click on the Notes button. The left pane changes to list a choice of views (which are MAIL-specific) but the middle pane still shows my inbox and the right pane still the mail preview. If I click on Tasks then Notes, the left pane lists a choice of views (which are TASKS-specific) but the right pa...

How do I control the preferences on inserting a word file
When I past one word file into another word file the font and spacing changes and it doesn't appear to be consistent with either document. By default, the formatting of the target document determines the formatting of pasted text (unless the pasted text has direct formatting applied to it). However, in recent versions of Word, you could try experimenting with the Paste Options (which show as you paste). For more on paste options, see http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/styles/HowPasteOptionsWorks.html. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Clay W. Oberhausen" <...

Auto Save for Excel 2003
I'm not sure what this feature is called but one of my users want feature that would prompt her to save her file every so many minutes. Does anyone know how to turn this on? Remember that they don't want i to automatically save the file rather then just having excel remindin or prompting them to save it themselves -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi a repost from Dave Peterson: ------ Short descriptions: Autosave (an addin in xl versions before xl2002), the workbook gets saved at user selectable intervals (just like a manual save). (If you're running xl2002+,...

Installing CRM server on 2003 SBE domain
ok, here goes... I am "trying" to install the CRM 3.0 SBE onto an install of Server 2003 as a member of a SBE domain, however, the install fails. I am sure that I am missing ONE small important detail that would prevent me from completing the install....anyone mind pointing me in the right direction? Thank you Tony, Are you trying to install CRM SBE on the SBS server?? If not it wont work. I believe you must install SBE CRM on the SBE / SBS sever itself and not a member server. If i am wrong someone please feel free to correct me. HTH Ben Ben, The installation is to ...

Help! Word Table to Excel
I have a Word document that contains a huge table. I need to export i to Excel, but I am having no luck in doing so. I have tried to simpl cut and paste but it is not working. ANy suggestions would be greatl appreciated -- kaleb052 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- kaleb0521's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=459 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26427 Hi what exact probel do you encounter? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "kaleb0521" <kaleb0521.1davpa@...