Word 2003-Page Orientation

I have a long Word 2003 document with all pages in portrait orientation
except one.  That page contains a table the size of which requires landscape
orientation.  I have always done this by inserting section breaks before and
after this page.  But now for some reason I can't get the orientation to
change either on-screen or in my printer.  When I check the page orientation
in that page (section) it is set to landscape.  Suspecting typical Word
corruption (this document was made from previous versons of the same stuff)
I did the usual copy-and-paste all but the last few empty paragraphs.  Gt eh
same problem in the new document.  Any suggestions?  In the alternative,
maybe I should revise this particular page and rotate the table 45 degrees.
That way the orientation can be the same as the rest of the document and
maybe I'd need one less section break.  Is there a way to do that?

0
Joe

When you view the page in Print Layout view or Print Preview, does it appear
to be landscape? If you inserted the table *before* setting the page
orientation, it will have been inserted at portrait margin width, and the
table width will not change when you change the orientation unless you have
the preferred table width set to 100%.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Joe McGuire" <mcguirejw@comcast.net> wrote in message
>I have a long Word 2003 document with all pages in portrait orientation
>except one.  That page contains a table the size of which requires
>landscape orientation.  I have always done this by inserting section breaks
>before and after this page.  But now for some reason I can't get the
>orientation to change either on-screen or in my printer.  When I check the
>page orientation in that page (section) it is set to landscape.  Suspecting
>typical Word corruption (this document was made from previous versons of
>the same stuff) I did the usual copy-and-paste all but the last few empty
>paragraphs.  Gt eh same problem in the new document.  Any suggestions?  In
>the alternative, maybe I should revise this particular page and rotate the
>table 45 degrees. That way the orientation can be the same as the rest of
>the document and maybe I'd need one less section break.  Is there a way to
>do that?

0
Suzanne
4/24/2010 5:03:58 PM
In Print Layout or Print Preview it appears to be portrait.  It also prints
that way, with the table continuing past the right edge of the paper.  The
formatting appears to be in this order after 38 pages of portrait
orientation:
*Section Break (next page)
*Page Setup (this section only): orie ntation-landscape (this is at the top
of the mis-oriented page)
*Beginnning of table

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" <sbarnhill@mvps.org> wrote in message
> When you view the page in Print Layout view or Print Preview, does it
> appear to be landscape? If you inserted the table *before* setting the
> page orientation, it will have been inserted at portrait margin width, and
> the table width will not change when you change the orientation unless you
> have the preferred table width set to 100%.
>
> --
> Suzanne S. Barnhill
> Microsoft MVP (Word)
> Words into Type
> Fairhope, Alabama USA
> http://word.mvps.org
>
> "Joe McGuire" <mcguirejw@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>I have a long Word 2003 document with all pages in portrait orientation
>>except one.  That page contains a table the size of which requires
>>landscape orientation.  I have always done this by inserting section
>>breaks before and after this page.  But now for some reason I can't get
>>the orientation to change either on-screen or in my printer.  When I check
>>the page orientation in that page (section) it is set to landscape.
>>Suspecting typical Word corruption (this document was made from previous
>>versons of the same stuff) I did the usual copy-and-paste all but the last
>>few empty paragraphs.  Gt eh same problem in the new document.  Any
>>suggestions?  In the alternative, maybe I should revise this particular
>>page and rotate the table 45 degrees. That way the orientation can be the
>>same as the rest of the document and maybe I'd need one less section
>>break.  Is there a way to do that?

0
Joe
4/25/2010 4:09:51 PM
On the Paper tab of Page Setup, make sure that the dimensions of the page
are not reversed (i.e. width 8.5" and height 11" instead of the reverse).

--

> In Print Layout or Print Preview it appears to be portrait.  It also
> prints that way, with the table continuing past the right edge of the
> paper.  The formatting appears to be in this order after 38 pages of
> portrait orientation:
> *Section Break (next page)
> *Page Setup (this section only): orie ntation-landscape (this is at the
> top of the mis-oriented page)
> *Beginnning of table
>
> "Suzanne S. Barnhill" <sbarnhill@mvps.org> wrote in message
>> When you view the page in Print Layout view or Print Preview, does it
>> appear to be landscape? If you inserted the table *before* setting the
>> page orientation, it will have been inserted at portrait margin width,
>> and the table width will not change when you change the orientation
>> unless you have the preferred table width set to 100%.
>>
>> --
>> Suzanne S. Barnhill
>> Microsoft MVP (Word)
>> Words into Type
>> Fairhope, Alabama USA
>> http://word.mvps.org
>>
>> "Joe McGuire" <mcguirejw@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>>I have a long Word 2003 document with all pages in portrait orientation
>>>except one.  That page contains a table the size of which requires
>>>landscape orientation.  I have always done this by inserting section
>>>breaks before and after this page.  But now for some reason I can't get
>>>the orientation to change either on-screen or in my printer.  When I
>>>check the page orientation in that page (section) it is set to landscape.
>>>Suspecting typical Word corruption (this document was made from previous
>>>versons of the same stuff) I did the usual copy-and-paste all but the
>>>last few empty paragraphs.  Gt eh same problem in the new document.  Any
>>>suggestions?  In the alternative, maybe I should revise this particular
>>>page and rotate the table 45 degrees. That way the orientation can be the
>>>same as the rest of the document and maybe I'd need one less section
>>>break.  Is there a way to do that?

0
Suzanne
4/25/2010 4:56:29 PM
Thanks!  Interesting.  They are"reversed"--I put thatin quotes because the
paper is actually 8.5 in wide and 11 in high, as it goes into the printer.
But I noticed that the paper size somehow changed from "letter" in the
prievious section to "custom" here.  Restoring it to "letter" fixed the
problem .  Now to find out how that happened.

> On the Paper tab of Page Setup, make sure that the dimensions of the page
> are not reversed (i.e. width 8.5" and height 11" instead of the reverse).
>
> --
> Suzanne S. Barnhill
> Microsoft MVP (Word)
> Words into Type
> Fairhope, Alabama USA
> http://word.mvps.org
>
> "Joe McGuire" <mcguirejw@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> In Print Layout or Print Preview it appears to be portrait.  It also
>> prints that way, with the table continuing past the right edge of the
>> paper.  The formatting appears to be in this order after 38 pages of
>> portrait orientation:
>> *Section Break (next page)
>> *Page Setup (this section only): orie ntation-landscape (this is at the
>> top of the mis-oriented page)
>> *Beginnning of table
>>
>> "Suzanne S. Barnhill" <sbarnhill@mvps.org> wrote in message
>>> When you view the page in Print Layout view or Print Preview, does it
>>> appear to be landscape? If you inserted the table *before* setting the
>>> page orientation, it will have been inserted at portrait margin width,
>>> and the table width will not change when you change the orientation
>>> unless you have the preferred table width set to 100%.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Suzanne S. Barnhill
>>> Microsoft MVP (Word)
>>> Words into Type
>>> Fairhope, Alabama USA
>>> http://word.mvps.org
>>>
>>> "Joe McGuire" <mcguirejw@comcast.net> wrote in message

0
Joe
4/25/2010 5:34:05 PM
Right. But for landscape, the page (as viewed) is 11" wide and 8.5" high. It
is mysterious how these settings could have gotten changed, however, if all
you did was change the Margins tab setting from Portrait to Landscape.

--

> Thanks!  Interesting.  They are"reversed"--I put thatin quotes because the
> paper is actually 8.5 in wide and 11 in high, as it goes into the printer.
> But I noticed that the paper size somehow changed from "letter" in the
> prievious section to "custom" here.  Restoring it to "letter" fixed the
> problem .  Now to find out how that happened.
>
> "Suzanne S. Barnhill" <sbarnhill@mvps.org> wrote in message
>> On the Paper tab of Page Setup, make sure that the dimensions of the page
>> are not reversed (i.e. width 8.5" and height 11" instead of the reverse).
>>
>> --
>> Suzanne S. Barnhill
>> Microsoft MVP (Word)
>> Words into Type
>> Fairhope, Alabama USA
>> http://word.mvps.org
>>
>> "Joe McGuire" <mcguirejw@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>> In Print Layout or Print Preview it appears to be portrait.  It also
>>> prints that way, with the table continuing past the right edge of the
>>> paper.  The formatting appears to be in this order after 38 pages of
>>> portrait orientation:
>>> *Section Break (next page)
>>> *Page Setup (this section only): orie ntation-landscape (this is at the
>>> top of the mis-oriented page)
>>> *Beginnning of table
>>>
>>> "Suzanne S. Barnhill" <sbarnhill@mvps.org> wrote in message

0
Suzanne

How to Automate Word mail merge from AC2007?
I'm trying to do a Word mail merge from Access 2007 -- populating a Word 2007 template with data from recordsets built off queries. The problem I'm having is the current code creates each letter as a separate Word doc. I need one big Word doc with page breaks between each letter. The code uses nested loops - the first recordset rst has the list of people, the second rstBkm has bookmark data. Question: How to get this code to create one Word doc with page breaks between letters rather than each letter in a separate Word Doc? Thanks in advance. [abbreviated code below] ...

Manual uninstall of Exchange 2003
After doing a manual uninstall of Exchange 2003, I need to remove the server from the ESM, but it gives me the following error message: Cannot delete this server because one or more users currently use a mailbox store on this server. I made sure to move all mailboxes from the server and removed all public folder replicas prior to uninstall installing. I also went thru the steps laid out in KB307917. The only mailboxes remaining were system mailboxes. Can I use adsiedit to remove the server from ESM and would that cause issues later. courtesy of Evan, run this query using ldp.exe to see...

Vista, MS Access 2003 and MS ADO Ext 6.0 vs 2.x
I am running into an issue with MS Access 2003 installed on Vista. Apparantly in the MS ADO Ext 6.0 version either (format, round, or sum) is not in that DLL. However, when I link to v2.8 of the DLL, I don't have an issue. I am getting the following error message when running my query. "Function is not available in expressions in query expressions." Does anyone have other workarounds? I am distributing this application in an MDE format, so I was wondering if the end users may experience issues, if I link to my version of msadox.dll instead of the installed version. I tried s...

Formula result shows as zero Excel 2003
Formula as shown =IF(C12<>"",+C11-C12,"") appears in D12. This is the same formula as rows above but rows above show correct result whereas D12 and subsequent rows show only zero. If I do an F2 and F9, the correct result shows in the Formula Editing bar so formula is working correctly. I have tried copying both formula and cell formatting from previous rows which do display their result correctly but still doesn't fix the problem. Any assistance would be much appreciated Hi maybe automatic calculation is disabled. Check 'Tools - Options - Calculate...

Hidden data when pasting from html page into Excel?
I have a situation where I copy a report, which is generated as an html page, into Excel for analysis. When a new copy/version of the report is available, I copy and paste the new data over top of the old in Excel. I've noticed that the size of my Excel file is growing after each copy/paste situation. To manage this, I can delete the worksheet where I paste the data and reconstruct it. After doing nothing else, saving the workbook results in an immediate reduction of file size. If I simply select everything on the sheet and delete, the file size does NOT go down; I have to delet...

how do i create a local client rule for outlook 2003
hello has anyone ever been able to create a local client rule for outlook 2003? exchange 2003? I can create the rule to send it to a PST (i dont know whether this can be done) then when i run the rule it says there is an error with the rule and it turns red. Does anyone have the steps for how to get this to work? Thanks A does the pst exist and is it in your profile? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: htt...

Problems with Access 2000 reports in Access 2003
Hi, we have a sent out a 2000 format access database to a client running Access 2003. When trying to open any of the reports they get an error - "the openreport action was cancelled" - Not sure if they get this by running the report from the database window or if it's only when done through a form (buttons that run docmd.openreport when pressed). Is anyone aware of any issues that may be causing this? I couldn't find anything elsewhere on the MS site. Thanks - Angie P.S. the reports work fine in 2000 and XP. ...

Determining and Printing a specific page
I have a HUGE Excel spreadsheet and I only want to print a certain page. Is there any way that I can tell what page the row resides on so that I can specifically print only that page of the spreadsheet??? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks in advance! "wnfisba" <wnfisba@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2F732030-938F-411B-9C46-B1885E6EAD33@microsoft.com... >I have a HUGE Excel spreadsheet and I only want to print a certain page. Is > there any way that I can tell what page the row resides on so that I can > specifically print only that p...

Page numbering 12-04-09
I have taken the trouble to review all the related previous posts but do not see the answer to meet my needs. I have a 7 page document which consists of a front and back cover 2 pages each and so far 3 pages of report. Page 2 is followed by a section break next page while page 5 is followed by a section break next page. In addition I also put a section break at the end of the document which I should not need. Numbering starts on page 3 as page 1 of Y which seems to work fine. However, page 4 and 5 do not display page numbers while page 6 displays page 1 of 6 and page 7 i...

2003 calendar free/busy times
New to 2003 so please bear with me - in 5.5 you had to replicate from site to site the free busy time so someone in another site when sending a meeting notice could check to see if the time was available. I can't seem to find out how this is done in 2003 - how do you publish from one administrative groups servers to another the calendar info? TIA Nancy Stevens NStevens@tycoint.com in the ESM, go to your AG, then "Folders", then "Public Folders"...right-click, and select "View System Folders"...under "Schedule+ Free Busy", select the appropr...

mail merge in word 2000
Been trying to link a simple 4 column excel db to do a mail merge in Word. Tried following the help instructions, and finally reached the point where I could "insert a merge field" after realizing they left out a number of steps in the instructions. However, when I do enter the mergefield, the only thing I get is "Error! No bookmark name given." There is no mention of "bookmark" in the instructions, no explanation of what a "bookmark" is in this context, and now way I can figure out what the blasted software is talking about. Anybody go...

Outlook 2003 with Word 2000 Editor
Does anyone know if you can use Word 2000 with Outlood 2003 to edit messages... I couldn't find a download on the web... If you are trying to use, inside of Outlook 2003, Word 2000 as the "editor" ... not possible. Need to use the same "family" together, e.g. Word 2003 with Outlook 2003, or Word 2000 with Outlook 2000. There is nothing to download. Hope this is useful to you. Let us know. rms Brendan Shaw wrote: > Does anyone know if you can use Word 2000 with Outlood > 2003 to edit messages... > > I couldn't find a download on the web... ...

How do I make footnotes appear on each page (cross ref)?
I have cross referenced several footnotes throughout my document. Is there a way to display the footnote on each page where it is referenced? For example, if footnote 2 is on page 4 and I have cross referenced it again on page 10, it is possible to display the footnote text again on page 10? Not without creating a new footnote, no. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "lapple" <lapple@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:392F1F11-6EFB-49E7-9348-FDE7CA6A0E4D@microsoft.com... &g...

Server 2003 Unbelievably Slow
Hi, First of all, I'd like to add that I'm not a professional in server systems. My problem is that my server is unbelievably slow. It is a new (3 months old) IBM xServer with quad core processor, 4 gb ram, 15k hdd, etc. I have sqlserver developer edition (db size is 4 gb) running for an erp software. I also have Kerio WinRoute Firewall on the server where I log all the internet activities of the users in the network. The Performance window (ctrl+alt+del) shows at a norma time app. 3-5%. However, even opening a folder from "My Computer" takes sometimes 10...

Money 2003
I've set-up mortage loan account connected to hause asset account. I'm downloading bank transactions reports through internet. Beside others there are loan payments. How I can declare those payments aftewards as loan payments regarding specyfic loan account? Could I define split beetwen principal and interest? Dref ...

How can I go to a specific page number in a large document
How do I go to a specific page number in a large word document. Read the replies to your earlier identical post -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> "yisaajao" <yisaajao@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CFC4289D-FC93-4C1B-951B-DB08CED833...

Word windows 07 docs let's crash win for mac 2008

Highlight color in Word 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I wish to change the highlight color choices or their intensities in Word 2008 (not in Excel and not theselect-text color). Can one do this and, if so, how? You just have to change the highlight color of the operating system! Word uses the OS highlight color. Go to system preferences > appearance & change the highlight color. I think I was misunderstood. The highlighting I mean might be called background color. When one selects text, one can color the text, one can color the background, or both. My questions is ...

Printing on 2 sides of a page?
How can I print a 2 page spreadsheet on the front and back of the same sheet of paper? Using Excel 2008. Thanks! It depends on whether your printer supports duplex printing. Check your printer's features to find out. If it does, the setting will be available in the Print dialog. You can also do a "manual duplex" job by printing page 1 (or 'Odd pages'), flipping the paper yourself, then print page 2 (or 'Even pages')... If it's only 2 pages that might be the simplest approach. -- HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac "Rick"...

words
what is the formula I use to copy a word from one cell to another cell. I have the word spring and would like it to populate to other cells but do not know the formula to do this =IF(A4<>"",A4,"") "Debbie" wrote: > what is the formula I use to copy a word from one cell to another cell. I > have the word spring and would like it to populate to other cells but do not > know the formula to do this hi, if you have a word in A1 and want it in A1.. in B1 put =A1 this formula will display the contents on another cell(word or number) in what ev...

Using tables created in 2003 IN 2007
My office has recently upgraded to 2007. I enjoy new features such as the ability to highlight a few words within the table without the ENTIRE table's font changing; unfortunately, this only works in tables I have created since the upgrade. My old tables that were brought over from 2003 do not have this capability. Is there an add-on out there? I do not have to resort to re-typing and creating all new tables. PS. Copy and pasting into a new table does not work. Convertting the file using the office button does not work. Help? please? I think you talking about what is called...

Page Cannot Be Displayed....
I have 2 clients that have intermittent loss of access to CRM 3.0 via the web browser. One is running XP, the other Win 2000. I have applied all patches and updates to Windows, Office, CRM and CRM Client, everything. There are times it will work one minute and not the next, and sometimes it will work for a day or 2. The Browser says Page Cannot be Displayed. Trying to access CRM through Outlook give an error saying something about an Authentication error. (I don't have the exact error message at this time). All other clients on the network are having no issues with CRM via the we...

Please help with Exchange 2003 SMTP Connector
I'm trying to create an SMTP Connector in Exchange Server 2003, to have our company's email sent out (Internet/External emails) to a specific mail forwarder server (the "specific" server is our ISP/Firewall provider server). But I'm having problems understanding how to set this up properly with our Exchange 2003 Server, I know I have to create a new SMTP Connector but not sure what settings to make. Could someone please help me with this. Thanks William On Thu, 25 Feb 2010 22:41:39 -0500, "Bill" <wstyler@verizon.net> wrote: >I&...

Office Standard 2003, no more activations left by phone or online
I have used all of my activations, online and by phone. Am I out of luck and need to purchase a new key? Is there a way around this? If its a retail version you can install as often as you like providing you dont exceed the number of *working* PC's its licensed for. If an oem version its only licensed for the origonal PC "BettyBlue" <BettyBlue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A099EC53-A617-4083-83F7-889AECFFAD01@microsoft.com... >I have used all of my activations, online and by phone. Am I out of luck >and > need to purchase a new...

Access 2003 Packaging & Deployment Wizard for Vista Install
Have had no problems installing on XP but Vista is different. For Vista Installations I have 2 queries: Believe I should be installing my program and associated files in the CommonAppDataFolder and that seems to correspond with the ProgramData folder when installed on Vista. However, when the front end is installed in ProgramData folder, the operator can't perform a compact/repair on the front end file?? Using the PDW how/where do I set up the installation of the back end data file? This needs to be accessible by all uses and don't want to run into the "virtualising&quo...