Word 2003 duplicates two headings in the menu bar

Wnat to know how to delete one of these headings so as to enable keyboard
access rather than just the mouse

Are you saying that menu items are being duplicated? That could be caused by a
poorly designed add-in adding an item without checking if it's already present.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"shp" <shp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Wnat to know how to delete one of these headings so as to enable keyboard
> access rather than just the mouse

0
Stefan

Enabling shortcut menu
How can I enable the shortcut menu in cells using mouse right click? When I right click in a cell now, nothing happens. Right clicking twice opens Essbase login. AFAIK there is no Option for enabling/disabling shortcut menus. If this is a business system perhaps your MIS people have modified things in some way. This would also explain the DblRt+Clk action as that is not a commonly used technique in Windows applications. Check the Properties of your mouse. Good Luck |:>) "Slypaw" wrote: > How can I enable the shortcut menu in cells using mouse right click? > When I ri...

Exchange 2003 SP2 Q
Dear all, I have a few fundamental questions. 1) Can Antivirus software for Exchange Server that uses AVAPI Version 2 corrupt the store database? 2) Is it possible for MAPI client like outlook 2002 and 2003 corrupt the store database? 3) Can third party backup software corrupt the store during backup? Thanks. Regards, Kueh. 1. I've never seen this happen, though I wouldn't say it is impossible. 2. Same as 1. 3. I've never seen the backup software itself corrupt a mailbox store. Usually, backup software is one of the mechanisms to let you know that there is corruption...

Store.exe crashing on 2 Exchange 2003 servers
We have 2 Exchange 2003 SP1 servers (Win 2K SP4) which have developed a problem with the store crashing every half hour or so. System event log: The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 2 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 0 milliseconds: No action. Application event log Faulting application store.exe, version 6.5.7226.3, stamp 407db771, faulting module storevs2.dll, version 7.1.367.0, stamp 40746ce5, debug? 0, fault address 0x00002238. I think it is interesting that both servers are crashing, but not at exact...

Validation Confusion-Excel 2003
On a timesheet I need to ensure that when I enter in the times of a the DAY shift that it is on or after 6:00 am. The finish time is not important as the start time dictates the shift. For example, someone may start at 7:30 and work thro to 3:30 (or 15:50), this equals a day shift. I may have someone else who starts at 6:00 am and finishes at 10:00 am, this also equals a day shift. I also need an AFTERNOON shift that starts at 12:00 (Noon). I believe if I have the answer to the day, this will come easy to me (that is if the Noon time doesn't become a hinderance??) I also need ...

OWA 2003 Log Off Button gives HTTP 500 Internal Server Error
When Logging off of 2003 OWA I get a page cannot be displayed error message. Everything else seems to be working fine. There's a KB about this. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Warren" <Warren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:97769784-4AA2-4445-A0AA-86E0581681A1@microsoft.com... > When Logging off of 2003 OWA I get a page cannot be displayed error > message. > Everything else seems to be working fine. Ed, I did a search in the Knowledge Base and found nothing!!!! Help! Warren ...

Publisher 2000 to Publisher 2003
I have been using Publisher 2000 and working fine. I have a webpage and just Save as Webpage and then upload to my server. Now that I have XP and Publisher 2003 I don't see the Save as Webpage, only Publish to Web. Have tried this and it doesn't open after it has been uploaded the way it did before and it takes longer to upload than 2000 did. Probably doing something wrong and just wanted to see if someone else has had this problem or what I'm doing wrong. Have a good day. Jim Jim wrote: > I have been using Publisher 2000 and working fine. I have a webpage > a...

Excel 2003 giving annoying "Send/Don't Send" error when closing
I am accessing an instance of Excel 2003 through a Codegear C++ program I'm writing. The code looks something like this (not that it really matters all that much): TExcelApplication* ea = new TExcelApplication(this); ea->Connect(); ExcelWorkbookPtr ewbPtr = ea->get_ActiveWorkbook(); // do stuff... ewbPtr.Release(); delete ea; ea = 0; I can connect to Excel and write to it just fine. However, when I try to disconnect from it and close/delete the Excel application instance, I get an annoying Excel error message that says, "Excel has encountered a problem and...

type a word on the line without desturbing the line
I am using Outlook Publisher and I need to know how do I type on a line without desturbing the line. Not sure I understand. Do you want to overwrite a line of text? If you want to add a word without the line moving, use the character spacing option in the format menu. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Bermuda Mama" <Bermuda Mama@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:615FB725-748E-4403-B41F-AB9CAFC19971@microsoft.com... >I am using Outlook Publisher and I need to know how do I type on a li...

Outlook 2003 - Pop3 Mode
Outlook 2003 - Pop3 Mode - Manage Multiple Domains in single box/PST. I have moved from an Exchange Server to a standalone Outlook 2003 system. On the exchange server I was able to manage multiple domains and the emails associated with them. I would like to do the same with just the Outlook client in Pop3 mode. I have multiple domain emails forwarding to a single Pop3 mailbox as my ISP. In order to setup the correct "Reply To" field in Outlook I can set up multiple accounts to send out on (by selecting from the drop-down Accounts list). However... The problem is with asso...

Color in Bar Graph
I have a Report with a Bar Graph on it, I would like to make each Category (up to 4 on a chart), a specific color. Thanks..ernst ...

Script to count duplicate lines in a text file
We have a requirement to count the number of duplicate entries in a text file and then list the line and the number of duplicates. For example, we have a file call test.txt that has the following entries: A1 A1 B1 B2 B2 B2 B2 This would return the following: A1,2 B1,1 B2,4 Any assistance would be greatly appreciated Gadgetman schrieb: > We have a requirement to count the number of duplicate entries in a text file > and then list the line and the number of duplicates. For example, we have a > file call test.txt that has the following entries: > A1 > A1 ...

File Menu button is now an icon
I succeeded in changing File Menu to the Excel Icon and have no idea how I did it or how to get it back. The result is that a left click on that icon will bring up the Restore Menu and a right click will bring up a seriously abbreviated File menu. Two commands I use quite a bit are Set Print Area and Clear Print Area and neither are present on this abbreviated menu. Help! It sounds like you're still using xl2003 or below (not xl2007 with the new ribbon interface). If that's true... I'd try this first. Rightclick on an empty spot on any of the toolbars. Cho...

Add new record using first available non-numeric ID; update two ta
Access 2003, Windows XP Pro SP2 I have two tables, tblDed and tblVendor. tblDed contains two columns (DedID and Avail). The first column contains a list of all DedIDs allowed to be used. The second is a Yes/No choice indicating whether or not that DedID has been used already. tblVendor contains multiple columns with misc. data relevant to the Vendor. I want to create a form that will accomplish three things: 1. Use the next available unused DedID when a command button on a referring menu page (frmMenu, btnNew) is pressed. 2. Mark the now-used DedID in tblDed as "No" - no ...

Convert Publisher letterhead to Word
How do I convert my letterhead creaded in Publisher to Word or other word processing software, e.g., OpenOffice, so that I may create text in the letterhead to email to clients/customers? You may reply privately to tannj2@comcast.net if you wish. Thank you. Joe Right-click the creation, save as picture. This tutorial is perfect for what you want to do http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "JoOffice" <JoOffice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BD4E5467-4F84-44B1-A46D-69C470B6B0AF@microsoft.com... > How ...

Word electronic mail merge trips virus alert
When doing an electronic mail merge in Word, MS Outlook warns: "A program is trying to automatically send e-mail on your behalf. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose No" Choosing Yes begins the merge, then the merge freezes. How can get the merge to work? Using MS Outlook 2k, Word 2k and Excel 2k, running Windows 2k pro. Thanks, Mark Flynn I have "Web Info" I'm working on a solution vie: KB article: q224053 I'll let you know how it works out. Thanks, Mark Flynn "Mark Flynn" <flynn@NoSpam.uci.net&...

Outlook 2003 - Line 227
A customer of mine is attempting to printer HTML based email and receives the following error: ---- Error A Runtime Error has occurred. Do you wish to Debug? Line: 227 Error: The specified module could not be found. ---- I have uninstalled and re-installed (with all options) Office 2003. Attempted to print a Text based email, and it printed without any issue. Attempted to print and HTML based email, and I would get this error. Downloaded and updated all available MS Office updates. Same results. Removed all of the HP software for the printer. Downloaded and installed the latest version of...

How to insert menuitem into globle context menu?
Dear all, I want to write a very simple program that outputs the a shortcut's target path into clipboard. For instance, there is a shortcut for ultraedit on my desktop, right click it and a context menu with a menu item called "copy path" pops up. I'd like to write this app as a run-once-and-exit program, i.e. not stay in memory. I only had basic MFC experience and have not written any "No UI" applications. Please give me some advise or links to sample sources codes. Thanks a lot! Regards -- F.Hou (Leo) ...

How do I add the Norton Anti-Spam toolbar in Outlook 2003?
I deleted the Norton Anti-Spam and Adopbe Acrobat folders from Outlook 2003 e-mail page and don't know how to get it back. ...

how do i set up to auto detect duplicated numbers in an excel fiel
I use excel spreadsheets to generate joblists and invoices. I need to ensure that job numbers are not duplicated. I enter my clients numbers here and have had double entry problems. Help!!!! Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/NoDupEntry.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Peabody wrote: > I use excel spreadsheets to generate joblists and invoices. I need to > ensure that job numbers are not duplicated. I enter my clients > numbers here and have had double entry problems. Help!!!! ...

can send but not reply mail in outlook 2003
Hi there, I have a strange problem: I can send but not reply to external mail in outlook 2003. Anyone have the answer? Thanks Malcolm "ms" <keppeltt@d1.com.sg> wrote in news:#tT#qAv9EHA.2568 @TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl: > Hi there, > I have a strange problem: I can send but not reply to external mail in > outlook 2003. Anyone have the answer? > > Thanks > Malcolm > > > What happens when you try? -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP Stockholm Consulting Group/KSG http://www.scgab.com Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr...

Looking for a company to manage a co lo'd Exchange 2003 server.
I have a client that has just deployed a Exchange 2003 system at a co lo and has quickly realized that it is more than they can handle. They have asked me to help them find a company to manage and support their email system for approx 200 users. Does anyone have any suggestions of companies that can handle this? TIA John if you google "hosted Exchange" you'll see lots of hits...probably need to look into a few to find the right fit for you, but it appears there are lots of options for this... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "John" <nospam@hotmail.com> wr...

Export to a Word Template
Is there any way to create a command button to take data from certain fields and insert it into a template we have made in Word? Right now we are just copying and pasting the data into the appropriate place in the Word Doc. Or is there another way to do this entirely? Basically, I want to be able to automatically create a work order using certain fields and have a file ready to send as an email with all of our template information included. Here's one example I use that works well: http://www.members.shaw.ca/AlbertKallal/msaccess/msaccess.html Scroll down to 'Super Easy Word Merg...

Convert Word Table -> Excel without merged cells?
Whenver I copy/paste tables from word to excel, I get merged cells in Excel whenever there are line breaks in the word table cells. How can I avoid this? TIA Steve Saved from a previous post: If your cells in your word table contain paragraph mark or linebreak characters, then excel will bring them over as separate cells. One way around it is to convert those paragraph marks & linebreaks to unique characters, then copy|paste and then convert them back to linefeeds. I like this technique (inside a copy of the word file): Select your table. Edit|replace|Special (show More if required)...

Problems with Money 2005 file in two different computers
I upgraded to Money 2005 from 2004 (have been doing this since Money 97 without a problem), installed Money 2005 on my notebook, updated it to be compatible with the one on my desktop... BUT now when I try to open my money file on the notebook I get this message: "The place you are trying to reach only functions in the Business version of Money, and can't be used in the version you are using now. If you want to use this place you will have to upgrade to Microsoft Money Small Business." What place???? I don't want to go any place!!! All I want to do is use my money file (it ...

does anyone have the excel 2003 tutorial 3 case 4 (ortitiz marine.
i am a college student and copied these cases and forgot page 142 of excel 2003. Ortitiz Marine Services case in tutorial 3. If you can help that would be great. I need steps 4-11. ...