Word 2002 and Powerpoint 2002 - insert multiple images order issue

Hello

Does anyone out there know anything about the following issue?

When I insert multiple pictures into Word 2002 or PowerPoint 2002 in XP
2002, i.e. by Insert/Picture/From File and then selecting multiple images,
the last picture in the list is loaded first followed by the others in
correct order.

It's a minor annoyance in Word or Powerpoint that can be quickly solved by
cutting and pasting, but this issue is also affecting an application I'm
developing that allows a user to import images. The correct order of the
images needs to be preserved.

This issue seems to happen in Word 2002 & PowerPoint 2002 in Windows XP 2002
with SP1 installed but also with SP2 installed. It doesn't happen in Word
2007 and PowerPoint 2007 in Vista.

Any thoughts? Fixes? Work arounds?

Thanks

multiple calendars 01-13-10
I have 2 calendars. How do I overlay the calendars and print a composite? How do I move all data from 1 calendar into the other so that I can delete the 2nd calendar? Can you tell us your version as the functionality varies between versions. To get you started copying from one folder to another... open the Calendar you want to empty | view in By Category view | select all | drag to the destination Calendar and release. Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook www.judygleeson.com www.deskdoctors.com Are you sick of bad email practice? Get a copy of my paper "Implemen...

work order form and report design help
I am building an automotive shop database. I have a table that lists all of the services and the prices. I have the main form created where all of the customer data is entered in and I have another form that builds the work order for the customer. How do I build the form to allow for different services for the same customer without having to create service type 1, service type 2, etc. I need them to be independent of each other and I then need to create a report to print out for the customer. On Tue, 23 Mar 2010 08:24:01 -0700, Jimmy <Jimmy@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

Word text copied into email loses formatting alignment
When copying a Word document (containing indented and numbered paragraphs and bullet points into an email, the left alignment of the document loses its justification. How can this be fixed? -- HK If the formatting is important, send the document as an attachment. You have no control over how the recipient sees the email. If you are concerned that the recipient might not have Word, use one of the free pdf converters to convert the document into a .pdf file. -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my s...

Sync Issues Outlook 2003 / Exchange 2000
We've got a number of remote users who up until recently have bene working fine with synchronising mailboxes at home, then suddenly all users end up doing a full sync taking ages instead of a normal. Is there a setting on the serve that could of changed? Paul ...

Maintain formatting of sub project when inserted into master proje
I'm using Project 2007. I have a master project and have inserted some sub-projects into the master project. ('Link to project' was checked which is what I want.) I had applied formatting to the original sub-projects' gantt charts task bars e.g. sub-project1 task bars were green, sub-project2 task bars were red etc. I found that this formatting was lost after inserting the sub-projects into the master. The sub-projects assumed the formatting settings of the master. Is there a way to maintain sub-project formatting? Thanks -- FionaDM In article <000A42E...

Cannot insert explicit value for identity column in table x
Sql Server 2005 9.00.4035. We have a hub and spoke topology which includes 6 tables with identity columns. I need to add a new subscription to a new server (same version/sp). I took backup from another subscriber and restored to new server, ran snapshot, push subscription. To make sure a new record would replicate, I added a record at the publisher with the followig text: Insert into tblicimagefolder (imagefolder) values ('dummy') A conflict occurs with the following: This failure can be caused by a constraint violation. Cannot insert explicit value for identity c...

Adding Word Templates in CRM 3.0
Hello all, Our company recently upgraded to 3.0 from 1.2. In 1.2, there was button where I could add Word doc templates to use as contract templates. I am unable to locate this functionality in 3.0. Any directions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Hi Marcos, I guess you were using some third party addon in CRM 1.2 which is not updated for CRM 3. -- uMar Khan :: MS CRM MVP CRM Freelance Consultant Email :: imumar at gmail dot com Blog :: http://umarkhan.wordpress.com MVP :: https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/umar.khan "Marcos" wrote: > Hel...

POP should allow blanket PO's with multiple items from 1 vendor
Clients have requested this multiple times and it is probably time to post it here... In the creation of a Blanket PO, current functionality only allows the entry of one item. In many cases, a client needs to be able to creat a blanket purchase order for a single vendor that has multiple items (SKU's) and the ability to release selected items and quantities as needed. In other situations, a client would also have a price point/contract from a vendor that if they order x number of items at a time they can obtain a better price. But again, current functionality does not allow this ...

Sorting all folder contents in Outlook 2002??
My personal folders and sub-folders are presently not sorted by received date, so it's a pain to constantly have to hit the "received" tab when I open a folder to see the newer messages on top. Is there a way to change the default setting and have ALL my folders sorted by "received" date? Thanks Is there anyway i can make the addresses i see show up when i am reading a thread. reset the view - right click on the field names and click on the customize menu thenchoose reset. if you need help finding the reset option, see http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/viewm...

Random Sampling in Microsoft Excell 2002
Hi, I'm trying to create a random sample using the Data Analysis tool in Excell. The problem I'm having is that I can't figure out how to make a non-repeating sample. I want all the observations in the sample to be unique. How do I do this without manually deleting the repeat entries on the output worksheet? next to the entries, put in the formula =Rand() then drag fill down the column. Sort the data and this column with this column as the key. Then take the top "n" items. Regards, Tom Ogilvy "EJ Ford" <edseljoe@earthlink.net> wrote in mess...

Not possible to remove mail reminders in outlook 2002
Hiya, I have a big problem with old mail that keeps popping up as reminders. I've tried to start outlook with /cleanreminders and another parameter without luck. Is there anyway that I can delete these reminders for sure? My mail originally comes from outlook in office 97, I know use outlook 2002. The mail that I get reminders on are mails from that period. Very grateful for any help that you can give me. - Kjell Arne ...

Transparent text on picture in Word
I have a picture I have placed into a word document. I now want to add text over the picture that will appear transparent. Essentially the picture is a scenery pciture and I want to add a poem that appears over the picture. How can I do this? Although you can place your text in a text box with No Line and No Fill, it would make more sense to use the document body for your text and set the wrapping on the picture to Behind Text. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Tony" <Tony@discussions.mic...

Add a Word Document as a Tab in an Excel Document
I work on several documents that require both worksheets and written reports - being able to add a word document as a new tab in Excel would be a neat way of integrating the two into one file for storing/printing/emailing. Maybe... http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,4149,5224,00.asp "Office Binder: Gone but Not Really" PC Magazine article, January 29, 2002 by M. David Stone on using Binder in Office XP Jim Cone San Francisco, USA "GoDamN" <GoDamN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5F814119-2FA1-4BA6-92EB-C524C8C3820C@microsoft.com... > I work on s...

Insert Data From Multiple Worksheets Into One (With Criteria)
Ok, I have created a sales report list that tracks what customers we are contacting, how we are contacting them, if they are a new or existing customer and if we sent a quote, along with some other details. There is a worksheet the salesmen fills out for each day of the month (its linked to a calendar) and that all goes into a "dashboard" that shows the breakdown with graphs. Now what i would like to do is have another worksheet list all the customers that we sent quotes to so they can mark if the quote was won or lost , state sales projections and give reasons why won ...

Outlook 2002 connector: problem connecting with Domino server because of NAMELookup2 problem
Hi, I'm trying to use Outlook 2002 Connector to connect with a Domino R5 server, but I can get no connection. From the log file I see that the connector uses a NAMELookup2 with the correct Domino server to get the name of the mail file, but the name its gets back is corrupted. There are spurious characters at the end of the mail file name. From the MSOCLog.txt file <<67c 25 16:37>> User name : : CN=Jean-Paul Smeets/O=Someorg <<4f8 25 16:37>> NAMELookup2 called with m_pServerName=someserver Flags=0 pNameSpaces=0x13646F4 NumNameSpaces=1 pNames=0x12E6CC NumNames=1 ...

Multiple postmaster accounts
Does anyone know how to configure the NDR's to be sent from multiple postmaster accounts? We have an exchange 2003 organization running in native mode, containing three admin groups servicing multiple domains. Is there a way to configure the account's that send the non-delivery reciepts per domain? Currently all our NDR's come from the default domain set in the default reciepient policy. How can we get the NDR's to mirror the domain they were being sent to? ie: postmaster@a.com or postmaster@b.com -- Many Thanks On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 09:59:12 -0700, Nikrep <Nikrep@...

Sending from multiple accounts
This has been asked before but there doesn't appear to be an answer, so I thought I would try to keep this alive. I have multiple accounts in Outlook. They all send through the same SMTP server (this problem goes away when multiple SMTP servers are involved). All my outbound e-mail is now going out under the default account name, regardless of the account selected. There is no authentication on my SMTP server, so that option won't work. Has anyone found a solution for this yet? ...

Problems with Using Word as Email Editor
We use Hummingbird DM 5.1.0.5 for our document and record management. When using this program, it has a problem with Outlook using Word as an Email Editor. When this is turned on, it seems that Outlook opens a different instance of Word. When you try to open or create a word document, you lose the ability to save or print. These features return to normal when you uncheck Word as an Email Editor in Outlook. I have heard that Microsoft was taking this up with Hummingbird to have them fix it. I am just wondering if this was to be resolved, or if it is Hummingbird's problem to ...

Security and encryption issues when trying to convert to 2007
I currently have a 2003 database set up with a workgroup and user end securities. I know these won't work in 2007, so I've already followed the suggestions through a few other posts and essentially gotten rid of my securities by changing all the profiles to admin with full access and rights. But my database is still encrypted and I receive an error message when I try to convert it. I could just convert the version of the database I have before the securities were added, but I've made a lot of changes since then and don't want to have to redo all those hours of wo...

Word Doc
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: intel For posting a resume online, it is accepted only in .txt or .doc format. How can I save the document so that the receiver only has view access. I am saving the document as Microsoft 97-2004 because of compatibility issues. Password protect is not an option as this is being posted on several job sites. PDF format is not accepted either. What is the best way to resolve this. Thank you. About the only option is to use Word> Preferences> Security for applying a Password to Modify. Any one can open the file as Read On...

Send message issue
Can SendMessage can be used to send a message from document to a window which is subclassed I am proceesing some work (function) in the document and after the work is finsihed I need to send a message that the connection is established to the control and control starts downloading the data from document. thanks Tom > Can SendMessage can be used to send a message from document to a window > which is subclassed Yes. You can use SendMessage from anywhere as long as you are sending it to a window. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com Hi Ajay, this is how I am sending it ...

LDAP Issue
Hello, We work with an Authentication Service which does LDAP Connections to 3 different Domains. The Server with the Authentication Service is in a separate Domain and Network zone. The Server is running Windows Server 2003 R2. Tha Authentication Service retrieves information from the 3 domains: DomainA: All DCs running Windows Server 2003 DomainB: All DCs running Windows Server 2003 DomainC: All DCs running Windows Server 2008 The LDAP Bind for Domain A and B works fine. But the Server is unable to make a LDAP Bind to the Windows 2008 DC. More Information: - The F...

Multiple chart types on same chart
Hi, I have following data in columnar format Quarter of the year (e.g. Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4) Geographic zone of organization, e.g. (North, East, West, South) 4 Top selling products of the company (P1, P2, P3, P4) And eventually the sales amounts for the concerned product in the concerned zone for the concerned quarter. I would like to have a single chart that displays on the x-axis the Quarters of the year. For each quarter the geographic zone data is shown as clustered bars, and the product info per zone is shown as stacked bar. Thus visually I will have per quarter the 4 geographic zo...

Query based on multiple parameters
I would like to create a query where the user can input 2 or more parameters (part numbers), separated by comma and/or space and return information about that part. I already have a query that accepts one parameter. Is there a way to do this with more than one? I have read some posts that say to use a table to serve up the paraments and the user chooses one or more. However, a particular part or parts may not yet be in the table as they are new or unknown. Is there any way to do this without using an existing table but just accept input from the user on the fly? T...

Can the Item Description wrap to multiple lines on an invoice?
We have some long item descriptions (up to the 100 character limit), and we were trying to figure out how to get them to print on an invoice. If I spread the field all out on a single line, it's too long to fit on the document. If I create a box that's several lines tall, it does partially wrap, but it doesn't print the full description - it cuts off after around the 60th character or so. Has anyone successfully wrapped an item description on an invoice? -- Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager HDA, Inc. Hazelwood, MO GP 9.0, SP2 I think you'll need to parse it and then...