Windows 7 stuck in "Preparing to Hibernate"

How do I override  "Preparing to Hibernate" or "Preparing to Shutdown" ?
It's been in this mode for over six hours.  Nothing removes the blue screen
w/these words.

Nothing to do with Word, but just keep the on/off switch pressed.

--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

a paid professional basis.

"lsmo64081" <lsmo64081@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I override  "Preparing to Hibernate" or "Preparing to Shutdown" ?
> It's been in this mode for over six hours.  Nothing removes the blue
> screen
> w/these words.

0
Doug

How do I override "Preparing to Hibernate" or "Preparing to Shutdown" ? It's been in this mode for over six hours. Nothing removes the blue screen w/these words. Nothing to do with Word, but just keep the on/off switch pressed. -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services on a paid professional basis. "lsmo64081" <lsmo64081@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:61669E75-5C16-4D1B-B69A-89F293C9B0FF@microsoft.com... > How do I override "P...