Why won't word alphabetize a list of email addresses?

I typed a list of single spaced email addresses separated by paragraphs and
want to alphabetize them.  When I try, I get an error message "Word cannot
sort fields in the selections."  How can I sort this list?  Thanks!!!

In the Sort dialog, for "Sort by," make sure you have "Paragraphs" selected
instead of "Field 1" or anything else.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Sort list of email addresses" <Sort list of email
addresses@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I typed a list of single spaced email addresses separated by paragraphs and
> want to alphabetize them.  When I try, I get an error message "Word cannot
> sort fields in the selections."  How can I sort this list?  Thanks!!!

0
Suzanne

Problems with creating a newsletter

Word 2004 overriding global prefs
Okay.. PMG5 running 10.4.6. I have a problem with the default page setup settings in two limited user accounts (my own, admin account, is fine). As I am in the UK, the global default paper size is set to A4. All applications respect this - bar Word. Every time it's fired up, and a new document selected, the paper size is always US Letter. This does NOT affect any other Office application. I have tried trashing prefs - I've even removed (using the supplied removal tool) and reinstalled Office. My mother uses Word extensively as she works at home a good deal. She wouldn't ...

Sending Email #6

opening a .docx with word 2004

Macro

Word 2003: Will it work on Windows 7 Pro

CRM Email Displays Size=2>

Email cannot be resolved...

Recurring email #2

Changing the words "Sales Receipt" to "Invoice"
I cannot find how to change the word at the top right of our Sales document to read "Invoice" rather than "Sales Receipt". We bill out as a receivable for most of our goods and there seems to be some confusion with our customers. Thanks in advance for your help. -- Ron Moore Changing Sales Order to Invoice There is a receipt variable called "Transaction.ReceiptTransactionName" (in <SUB name="PrintTransactionType"> of receipt.xml)which returns the "default" name for the transaction based on it's type. You can replace this w...

Format List Box!

List the UNIQUE certain fields from the database
Dear Experts, Please help related to the above subject. From this discussion, got the following formula which is work well and faster for small of database. =OFFSET($G$1,MATCH(0,MMULT(--TRANSPOSE(TRANSPOSE(DATA)=I$1:I1),ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&ROW()-1))/ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&ROW()-1))),0)-1,0,1,1) where $G$1, the first row of DATA. how to convert it to VBA as this time i have a huge database. for Tab Data, Advanced, Unique Record only (works well also, but i need the VBA). basically we would like to do similar like this: Data Sample Vendor Name A B...

distibution list / updating
when we update our contacts how can we get outlook to update our distribution lists at the same time. What do you mean exactly? Can you give an example? Also what version of Outlook are you using? T. >-----Original Message----- >when we update our contacts how can we get outlook to >update our distribution lists at the same time. >. > That's what the Update Now button is for. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "wayne" <wayne@anandasacramento.org> wrote in message news:05ba01c3d4be$e83a5e80$a301280a@phx.gbl... > when we update our contacts how can we g...