Why isn't autocorrect working on two initial capital letters?

I have my autocorrect settings set to change two initial caps to only
capitalize the first letter. But the word "STrymon" (the name of a
river in Macedonia) doesn't get changed to "Strymon." I looked in my
autocorrect exceptions and there was nothing about allowing this word
to remain uncorrected (the only entry I have in the exceptions for
initial caps is the term "IDs"). Is there any reason why this isn't
being changed---and what do I have to do to get Word 2002 to change
these initial two capital letters?
0
PRR

Never mind. I just changed it myself, and the red (spell check) line
was still there. After inserting "Strymon" into my dictionary, I then
checked it--and Word dutifully changed STrymon to Strymon. OK that
mystery is solved--evidently Word has to have a word in the
dictionary, to change the initial two caps. Is this correct?
0
PRR
2/8/2010 6:49:43 AM
Sort of. What it amounts to is that AutoCorrect doesn't work on "misspelled"
words because the spelling correction is considered the first priority
and/or because Word may say to itself, "I don't know this word, so for all I
know the user may WANT to have it written this way." In many cases, this
would be true.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"PRR" <psaulm119@aim.com> wrote in message
> Never mind. I just changed it myself, and the red (spell check) line
> was still there. After inserting "Strymon" into my dictionary, I then
> checked it--and Word dutifully changed STrymon to Strymon. OK that
> mystery is solved--evidently Word has to have a word in the
> dictionary, to change the initial two caps. Is this correct?

0
Suzanne

Sum a column that meets two criteria
I need to sum a column of numbers if it matches two different criteria. I can set up the SUMIF easily for meeting one criteria, but I need to also sum the column if it meets that criteria, and another. For example: A B C 1 150 ABC MS1 2 200 DEF MS0 3 100 LMN MS0 4 125 ABC MS1 5 175 LMN MS1 6 225 DEF MS0 I need to have a formula that would say <<Sum column A IF column B = "DEF" AND column C = "MS0">>. (and so forth for the other combinations). I know there has to be a way to do this, probably using a combination of an IF and SUMIF functions - but i keep...

Exchange 2003 OWA not work
New setup of Exchange 2003 everything works except OWA. Tried everything I could find but no luck. May have screwed up IIS default directories, would appreciate correct default (drive:\???\???). Any help would greatly be appreciated. ...

Lookup two columns
I want to compare the contents of two (adjacent) cells in one sheet with two adjacent cells in another sheet (within one workspace) and if the *pair* of cells are the same, deliver the value in the cell a few columns along (if you know what I mean - like lookup but comparing two cells). The cells are not sorted. Any ideas? Cheers. Bobby If you are comparing A1-B1 sheet 1 to A1-B1 sheet 2, then =IF(AND(Sheet1!A1=Sheet2!A1,Sheet1!B1=Sheet2!B1),"They match","no match") If you have to "lookup" A1-B1 against the whole columns of A and B on sheet2, then kyou co...

combo box control issue - working fine in '03,
when I add a new record on the form via VBA - and then go to the combo box control, the control tip shows properly, but the cursor is not blinking. can not type anything into the box. when I click on the box, all is ok. any ideas as to what is wrong? works fine in access 2003. thx Make sure that you have at least the first 2 service packs in Access 2007. There was a combo box dropdown problem that I think was fixed in SP2. If you still have the problem, try SP3. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.accessmvp.com http://www.mvps.org/access &...

Exchange doesn't work on Comcast <a8b4472c-4eb6-40f2-ac68-d0f9b77f50eb@z24g2000prf.googlegroups.com>
I just upgraded to Outlook 2007, and suddenly I am no longer able to connect to my exchange server that is hosted by 4smartphone through my Comcast internet. However, if I change the same computer over to my AT&T DSL internet it works just fine. What can I go to comcast with to ask them to change on their servers?? ...

Calculate the % increase for two columns
I have a pivot table, the data was first display by date, i know i can use the grouping function to group data into monthly basis. But I want to know that can I set the formula to calculate the months difference between, say the sales amount of June & July, and the % of the difference?? Million thanks If you have a grouped field, you won't be able to add a calculated item to the pivot table. In the source data, you could add a column to calculate the month for each record. Refresh the pivot table, and add the new field Add another copy of the Data field to the data area Right-c...

Forms in two differant views

"Microsoft Outlook Stopped Working" error
Hi all, may I firstly apologise if I seem stupid in anything I say here; I have always used another PIM programme in the past with only the occasional dalliance with any version of Outlook. I am running Vista (Fully updated) Home Premium on a Tosh laptop (32 bit) 1.73 Gb 2GM Ram. I recently installed Outlook 2007 (I also have Office Home & Student 2007 (service desk edition?) which I have been using for a year or so.) The problem is that I keep getting this error when using Outlook. (for example 4 time in 15 mins). I have removed the programme (to ensure no trace o...

OWA not work properly
When users go to http://sitename/exchange they get the yellow OWA screen without the graphics. If I enter username, I get "HTTP Error 404 - Not Found". I have NT 4.0 SP6a, Exchange 5.5 SP4, and IIS 4.0 with all the latest updates. In Internet Service Manager, in the Default Web Site properties, I have the redirect to the above URL in the Home Directory tab. Under the Directory Security tab I have both Anonymous and Challenge/Response. In the Exchange folder properties (in Internet Service Manager) under the Virtual Directory tab I have the Local Path "c:\exchsrvr\webdata&quo...

PrintPreview
Hello, I developed a VC++/MFC SDI application. The program supports PrintPreview. However, I only want the user to go forward ("Next Page") and not backward ("Prev Page"). How do I hide the "Prev Page" and "Two Page" buttons? TIA, Jacques Hello All, I found a nice Print Preview replacement toolbar (with bitmap buttons) on codeguru. To hide the "Prev Page" and "Two Page" buttons, simply remove them from the CMyPreviewView::OnCreate(LPCREATESTRUCT lpCreateStruct) method. The article was written by Robin J. Leatherbarrow. Thank...

Mouse scroll not working in Module window
Access97 on HP Laptop on XP Pro Since installing Office 97 on my new (replacement) laptop I find the mouse scroll button does not work in the Module window - works everywhere else in Access ok? Any ideas appreciated. Piri yeah don't use ancient software, kid "Piri" <wiremu.pareiha@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1178247184.740213.222110@y5g2000hsa.googlegroups.com... > Access97 on HP Laptop on XP Pro > Since installing Office 97 on my new (replacement) laptop I find the > mouse scroll button does not work in the Module window - works > everywhere else i...

HQ Options not working
Hi! When I open the HQ Configuration window, there is a list of Checkboxes for "Enabled" - "Disabled" for : - Automatically create inter-store receive inventory order - Automatically create inter-store issue inventory order and other! This window doesn't work, and when accepting changes, and open the window again, all checkboxes are clear!! And of course, those options do not work neither! I'm working by lauching inter-store trasnfers from HQ, but would like to have stores deciding this by its own. Anybody know something about this. Maybe how to set this featu...

Run two copies of Outlook with different profiles
Hello! I'm trying to run two copies of Outlook with different (outlook)profiles at the same time. Normally i can choose the profile with the /profile switch, but if there is already a copy of outlook running, this switch seems to be ignored. Any ideas how to handle this are welcome. Regards, Reinhard "Reinhard" <reinhard.spieker@bkvibro.de> wrote in message news:60a7e218.0311190408.6523100b@posting.google.com... > Hello! > > I'm trying to run two copies of Outlook with different > (outlook)profiles at the same time. > > Normally i can choose the p...

Selecting Pics in Explorer, then "Send via e-mail" doesn't work...
I'm sure this has been addressed, but I haven't found it in a search. I'm running Outlook 2007 and it worked fine with XP - since I've upgraded to Windows 7, I can't select *any* files in explorer and send them via e-mail. Nothing happens, then I can't get Outlook to start under any circumstance unless I reboot. I need to create a new e-mail, then select the files...and it works fine, but it's a giant PITA. Any help: Sounds like it is caused by a corruption or an incompatible add-in. Which add-ins do you have installed? Tools-> Trust Center-&g...

Button form control does not work
I have spent over 5 hours trying to get the button wizard to do a simple thing. Open a form and show data in that form that matches the name in the form where the button is but when i follow the wizard the button allways go to the first entary in the second form eg i have the form (form1) open on emma (record 3) and want to open a second form that also contains emma the wizard puts the following in to a macro form2, Form, , "[Full Name]=" & [Full Name], , Normal but when i test the button it open the second form with the first record which is not emma why d...

will RMS 2.0 work with Windows 7
Has anyone tried using RMS 2.0 with Windows 7? What version RMS are you using? Yes 2.0.0126 -- Maurice Gordon Maurice@americanretailsupply.com Sales/Support 1-800-426-5708 XT 1307 "Larry" <Larry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E0D2035-1FB0-497E-8F73-AF5FDA947E64@microsoft.com... > Has anyone tried using RMS 2.0 with Windows 7? What version RMS are you > using? Hi Larry, RMS 2.0 SP2 working fine with windows 7 Vijay "Larry" wrote: > Has anyone tried using RMS 2.0 with Windows 7? What version RMS ar...

MS Visual C++ "Cann't initialize Debugging subsystem"
When i press Go(F5) for Debug my IDE is asking "Remote Executable path and file" and if i give the exe(static not remote one) then it is telling "Cann't initialize debugging Subsystem" - Any idea about this error message! Even if i press cancel when it asks for remote exe then also debuger is not getting start!! Thanks in Advance! Rajan dm.dll is exist at my machine! And also TheApp is not for WinCE; Hence, i guess it could be some other IDE setting problem -Rajan RajanM wrote: > When i press Go(F5) for Debug my IDE is asking "Remote Executable path > an...

saved passwords not working
I have 4 email accounts in outlook 2002. Everytime Outlook is started, it prompts me for my passwords on each account, even though they are saved. It only does this when it is started for the first time and it saves the passwords for the rest of the session. But, the next time Outlook is restarted, it prompts me for the passwords again. I have SP2 installed and have searched the support KB for this problem. Anyhelp would be appreciated. Carley@CarleyCapers.com ...

lost two months of received emails
Help I lost about 2 months of received emails. They are not in my deleted folder. I already tried the pst restore utility. Thanks ...

MATCH function; comparing letter grades in columns
I am currently comparing the contents on two cells in columns H & I (for example, cells H10 and I10). The contents are letter grades (i.e., A, A-, B+, B, etc., through E). I have my function tell me if there is any difference between the two columns and report the result (i.e., =93no change,=94 rating decrease,=94 or =93rating increase=94) in th= e adjoining column, J10. I use the MATCH function, and since it can=92t distinguish between the letter grades, I have placed the letter grades in cells M2 through M13. My function is as follows: =3DIF(MATCH(H10,M$2:M$13,0)=3DMATCH(I10,M$2:M$1...

Scrolling not working in spreadsheet (Excel 2000)
Good afternoon. We have Excel 2000 running on Windows 2000. I have a spreadsheet with a column that is filtered by Status - Open or Closed. If I am showing the 'Open' items, I can page up and down, use the up/down arrows and the mouse to scroll up and down in the document. If I show the 'Closed' items, none of the scrolling options work. The scroll bar on the right indicates that I'm 'moving' down in the document, and the cell reference in the upper left corner changes (as does the display of the cell contents) but all I see on the screen is the first page. An...

TimerInterval not working
I have an access db application which needs to call the macro on startup. The macro is to call the function opening two forms on startup and set the TimerInterval of two forms. Public Function auto_login() DoCmd.OpenForm "frm_A" Forms![frm_Import&Export].TimerInterval = 300000 DoCmd.OpenForm "frm_B" Forms![frm_TREATS_ftp].TimerInterval = 120000 End Function However only the Timer for form B (at the toppest) works. It works for form A but not B if I open form B first and then A later. Is there any way to solve the problem? Regards Caris Caris, This seems a litl...

Re: Suggest Name Now Not Working
"Karl Burrows" <kfb1@spambellsouth.net> wrote in message news:... > My bad, it's the automatic name checking I use, not the suggest name. I get > confused between the two. Name checking is the one you get the red or green > underline squiggle to right-click and complete the email address. > > It's been a long week! > > PS Just got your Outlook Programming book. > > "Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" <suemvp@outlookcode.com> wrote in message > news:OIBsc8XgEHA.3864@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > > Did you check your setting in T...

On-line quotes server does not work
OK - there are numerous posts in this Newsgroup stating that the on-line update to stock quotes and news does not work - everyone getting the "unable to connect to quotes server" error. Is it working for anyone? I switched from Quicken to Money and I'm about to switch back - at least Quicken can do something as simple as downloading quotes from a server reliably. Anyone home at Microsoft? On Tue, 3 Feb 2004 21:40:12 -0800, "Anyone home at Microsoft? Hello?" <fbella@aol.com> wrote: > >OK - there are numerous posts in this Newsgroup stating >that...

does any one know how to convert a scanned sheet to a work sheet
does any one know how to convert a scanned sheet to a workable sheet in excel You could use OCR (optical character recognition) software to convert the image to text that could then be loaded into cells. My experience with OCR software has not been entirely satisfactory. Unless this is a large sheet, it may be easier to retype. Jerry bigjoe44 wrote: > does any one know how to convert a scanned sheet to a workable sheet in excel ...