why is Word "not responding" whenever I try to print?

I have Windows 7, and a new HP Windows 7 compatible printer that was working
fine for about a month.  Now it will print pages off the internet, and will
copy, but will not print when I open a word document saved on my computer -
it says it cannot find the printer and then freezes up.

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/ProblemsStartingWord.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"bellringer" wrote:

> I have Windows 7, and a new HP Windows 7 compatible printer that was working
> fine for about a month.  Now it will print pages off the internet, and will
> copy, but will not print when I open a word document saved on my computer -
> it says it cannot find the printer and then freezes up.

outlook is (not responding)
Very frequently when I am using MS Outlook for our company email, it freezes and goes into the (not responding) status in the close program dialog box (Win98SE). One of the programs shown as running is winword. I didn't open Word and it does not stop running after stopping Outlook. Sometimes when all this happens, my PC locks up and gets one of those blue error screens. What is up?!? ...

Windows Vista frequent Not Responding
Hi, My Windows Vista frequently not responding "frezz" . If I do one thing, I have to wait until it's done. If I click a second time on any open program, I get that "Not Responding" error message and I have to wait about 10 to 15 seconds or more . This is very frequent. my system events dont register any thing and i cant konw what is the problem my pc is quad 2,2 GHz with 5 GB of ram and with gforce 500 mb of ram i check my hardware and every thing is working fine Thanks for your help. ...

outlook not responding when opening encrypted email
I have a user on a exchange account that whenever he opens an encrypted email, outlook 2007 "freezes" any help would be greatly appreciated "wool" <wool@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A3E64E7C-B7F9-42F7-BC56-6998C7668686@microsoft.com... >I have a user on a exchange account that whenever he opens an encrypted > email, outlook 2007 "freezes" any help would be greatly appreciated Do the settings look OK in Tools>Trust Center>E-mail Security? Can s/he open the certificate and see the properties? Do they all look OK? Is the...

Advanced Find Columns Not Responding
Hi: I added columns to an Advanced Find and when I click on them to sort they are not responding. Other columns that were there before adding new ones work fine. The only change has been an installation of the CRM Rollup 3 and Windows updates. Ideas why this is not working? Thank you. There is something else to consider. I tested this column in other Advanced Find views and it works fine. In this particular view, when selecting Edit Columns>> Add Columns, I did select a different record type when selecting the column. "CC" wrote: > Hi: > I added columns to a...

Preview
I am using Publisher 2007 with Windows 7 and everytime I try to preview the document, Publisher goes into "not responding" mode and resets the preview all over again and again and again.... Any ideas how to fix this? Is your video/graphics driver current? Take a look at the 4th FAQ here: http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs Windows 7 may have the display properties placed differently. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Ulli" <Ulli@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DEB7AA38-7A4F-4F36-842D-EB8CF67ABD01@microsoft.com... ...

Enter Key not Responding
I had a problem with the tab key not responding the way I anticipated and the enter key not working at all. I figured out that the tab thing was the transition navigation key, but I am stumped on why the enter key is not responding in excel. Any ideas? go to tools > options > Edit tab check the box for move selection after enter >-----Original Message----- >I had a problem with the tab key not responding the way I >anticipated and the enter key not working at all. I >figured out that the tab thing was the transition >navigation key, but I am stumped on why the ...

CD burner not responding to WMP 11
I have Windows Media Player v. 11.0.5721.5268 and its running on Microsoft Windows XP Media Center v. 2002 Svc pack 3. My burner driver is not responding. I have burned plenty of music prior but not in a while. I can rip from the same driver albeit slower than before. I have changed the brand of the of the CD and also sure the driver has been enable to burn. Looking for other trouble shooting suggestions. -- MartyGras ...

Outlook "not responding" #2
Stand alone Outlook 2003 SP2, running on XP SP2 fully patched on a P4 1GB RAM, in "minimise to systray" mode. I constantly get "Outlook is not responding" when clicking on the systray icon. It then grudgingly opens. is there any way I can fix this? thanks This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_001A_01C7850A.B79C7600 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, Try this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/287497/ Your PST file may be corrupt. Bye, Ring0 http://mymessagetaker.com...

Outlook 2002 Not Responding #2
It might be coincidental but since installing the new patches released this morning Outlook comes up, we enter the password then it spins and spins. We check the task manager and it says its not responding! Anyone else having this problem? If not any suggestions for fixing? Thanks! ...

I cannot open a file I really need, Task Manager says it is "Not Responding" HELP?
I have a somewhat large spreadsheet (20MB) that for some reason will no open any longer. (It locks up when I try) hitting Ctrl-Alt-Del on th Task Manager shows that it is not responding. Is there anything I can to try and open it? Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Microsoft Outlook (Not Responding)
When I bring up Outlook and click on ANYTHING (or so it seems) I get an hour glass and the "Microsoft Office (Not Responding)" message at the very top. This seems to be a show stopper - I cant do any Outlook operation. Any ideas on fixing this problem. Thanks, Morgan Bearden Rolla, Missouri Can you open Outlook in safe mode? Try starting Outlook once with the /Safe switch. If you need help using Outlook command line switches, look here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;296192 -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address...

HOWTO CPU intensive task without make GUI not responding?
How to make a CPU intensive task without make GUI not responding? For example, i want to show the user a progress animation during the intensive task, but this animation is blocked until the task has finished... Thanks On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 16:28:59 GMT, "michele" <mandelbort@oggiweb.com> wrote: >How to make a CPU intensive task without make GUI not responding? >For example, i want to show the user a progress animation during the >intensive task, >but this animation is blocked until the task has finished... >Thanks > Run the task in a low priority thread. ...

outlook not responding after being left open for a little while
outlook will not respond after being left open for a little while, I have to shut down and restart to get e-mail messages. What have you tried? What version of Outlook? What version of Windows? -- Susan Ramlet -- please reply to the newsgroup so all may benefit. "tamsb1963" <tamsb1963@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2BC2B81B-57C4-40DB-BE0B-FDD50988BB62@microsoft.com... > outlook will not respond after being left open for a little while, I have > to > shut down and restart to get e-mail messages. ...

'Server localhost is not responding. This ....'
I'm getting the following error(s): 1 - entering http://192.168.1.10/crm. and logging in as the domain admin (as I have installed it) I get: You are not authorized to view this page. 2 - When I go to CRM deployment manager and try to add a user I get the following error: 'Server localhost is not responding. This might happen if it is currently unavailable,it is not a Microsoft CRM server, or you do not have sufficient privileges to run User Manager. Network setup is: 1 SBS 2003, 1 Windows 2003. CRM and SQL are installed on windows 2003. SQL service using DC administrator ...

Outlook not responding on startup
Everyday when starting outlook it hangs and when checking task mgr it shows not responding. I have to end task. I then start it again and it prompts to start in safe mode and I select Yes but it never loads. I end the outlook.exe process and then launch again and it prompts to run detect and repair. It then takes about 5-10 min to go throught the routine and then I can open outlook without any problems. I have run scanpst several times and it has identified errors which it corrected but this still happens everyday. I have uninstall and re-installed and tried everything else I can ...

Server not responding 04-06-04
I have tried to log on as local admin, domain admin and even changed the service permission. I still get the server CRM is not responding when I try to run the Workflow manager. The web interface works fine but I also get the same errir when I try to install sales for outlook. Does anyone have solution for this. V ...

Outlook 2007 and vista, not responding...
Well... Why outlook 2007 and Vista Ultimate does not work for me ? It happens always " send and receive 33% " and then " Outlook not responding...". Indeed, I've replaced the Outlook. pst on other disque. But this is the reason of the problem heh ? what type of email accounts do you have? How many accounts? (I'm guessing 3 because it gets to 33% done.) are you using the junk mail postmark feature? Turn it off if you are. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips....

Outlook 2007
I am getting "not responding" for several functions within Outlook. I am running it under Windows Vista Business (32 bit) When starting Outlook today starts well. If I then click on Calendar I get the monthly view and can add appointments etc to it. However if I try to go to a different (daily or weekly) view or want to access an appointment from the down arrow on the date (>3 appointments) it freezes and eventually get the message "not responding" If I try to go into Tasks again I get the message "not responding". Has anyone any ideas as to how I can get a...

Not responding on double click
When I double click on my Outlook icon, the intial window stays up, eventually when I check the task manager using CTRL-ALT-DEL it shows as not responding. I have reinstalled Microsoft 2000 and still have the same problem. Any ideas which direction I should go now???? ...

Outlook 2003 "Not Responding" #2
I seem to be having recurring problems with Outlook 2003 just stopping. The message from the icon on the taskbar is "Microsoft Office Outlook is synchronising folders" I've checked my mail settings, have one profile, with about 6 POP/SMTP services. I did have another profile with some MAPI mail services specified (dont know where it came from, possibly during upgrade?) but I've removed it a yesterday, have rebooted several times, and I'm still experiencing the stops. There is no Microsoft Exchange involvement (and never has been) So what is Outlook trying to talk to? ...

Word 2007 crashes when I save document ("Not Responding")
I am running Word 2007 on Vista. I can open Word documents and edit them. But when I try to save, I get "not responding". I can open Excel files, which I can then save. Just not Word. Word had been running fine for the past year or so that I had the computer. I have read past posts that seemed that they might be related, but didn't find answers that worked. I can't locate installation disks, so am feeling kind of desperate. -- Thanks! Start with http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm then http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/Problems...

Outlook 2007 not responding and locks up entire PC
"Outlook 2007 not responding "contacting server for information" Do you have a virus scanner installed which integrates itself with Outlook? Uninstall this integration part of your virus scanner and try again; you'd still be sufficiently protected by your on-access scanner part of the virus scanner. For more details see; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/20 Otherwise, you'll have to post a whole lot more info than this. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Dow...

Outlook 2007 Not Responding in Vista 12-30-09
I have a Gateway notebook with Vista. I installed Office 2007 a month ago. It all works well except Outlook. When I load Outlook MOST of the time I see the send receive go to 56% then just sits at 56%. I get no email, then Outlook goes kind of grey and I get " Not Responding" on the top bar. Sometimes I can close Outlook and reload and it will get my email. I have searched the knowledge base and have no programs trying to access Outlook. This is apparently a known issue, is there a fix? Thanks for any help. No its not a known issue, its down to your configeration Have ...

Not Responding
I use Money 2007 Deluxe version. For a while, I have been experiencing Money not responding when balancing accounts. I have attempted using the repair feature, but the problem still continues. I have also removed content on my home page that displays information in pie charts. I have thought about upgrading, but I haven't decided yet. thanks, Casye In microsoft.public.money, Casey wrote: >I use Money 2007 Deluxe version. For a while, I have been experiencing Money >not responding when balancing accounts. I have attempted using the repair >feature, but the proble...

"thorconnwndclass" not responding message
I have had nothing but trouble the last week with this one. when I load outlook the cpu usage goes to 100% and stays there almost locking up my pc. when I try to shut down outlook I get thorconnwndclass not responding message. what can I do?? I am ready to chuck it all. ...