Why is my Equation button not available

I can't figure out why I can't the Equation button is not working in the
Insert Ribbon on Word 2007, its greyed out and I can't click on it.

And I know I can insert an object and selection Equation Editor 3.0 but
that's not an answer to my question as to why this isn't working the way it
should from the Insert ribbon so no need to make tha suggestion.

The new type of equation is not available in Compatibility Mode. If you
create a Word 2007 .docx file (or convert a .doc file into a .docx file),
you will be able to use the Equation too in the Insert tab.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word Bible

"bflogeo" <bflogeo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I can't figure out why I can't the Equation button is not working in the
> Insert Ribbon on Word 2007, its greyed out and I can't click on it.
>
> And I know I can insert an object and selection Equation Editor 3.0 but
> that's not an answer to my question as to why this isn't working the way
> it
> should from the Insert ribbon so no need to make tha suggestion.

45
Herb

Command Button Assignment
Some bit of configuration evidently changed in my Excel97 that I'm having difficulty tracking down. Up to now I've had it set up so that the control toolbox is displayed all the time in the tool bar. And when I'd click on the "Command Button" icon I could create a button on my spreadsheet and then Excel would ask me to assign a macro to it. All was well. Somehow the control toolbox disappeared from my toolbar today. Grumble, grumble... So I go into View>Toolbars>ControlToolbox and reselect it. The toolbox pops up in it's own little window that I've ne...

Multiple quotes for same job number using option buttons
Please forgive the repost - I've added additonal information and the original seems to have been forgotten. I don't think the subject was clear anyway. I have a main quote form with subforms for labor, parts and misc parts all tied to a job number with several calculations on the main form from each of the subforms. This works great as it is. Now users tell me they need to have ability to create optional quotes for same job number. Is it possible to have an option group on the form so that the first main default quote would be option 1 and then if user needs to create an...

return to first button click event after another button click event
Hi, Is it possible to - after clicking a command button on a form and running some code to then exit that button click event and wait for a user to click another command button, this then returning code execution to the first command button click event at the point were it left from ? regards Trevor. -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com On Fri, 04 Dec 2009 05:31:08 GMT, "trevorC via AccessMonster.com" <u44860@uwe> wrote: >Hi, >Is it possible to - after clicking a command button on a form and running >some code to then exit that button...

Macro Buttons #2
i know how to create a macro button, my question is, how do i get that macro button to display on someone elses PC? i created the macro button in a worksheet then i sent that worksheet to a friend. the macro exists, but the button doesn't. any ideas? Thanks in Advance James You may want to attach the toolbar to the workbook. But if you do, read this first from Jan Karel Pieterse: http://google.com/groups?threadm=083701c3559b%246ce75e60%24a301280a%40phx.gbl James wrote: > > i know how to create a macro button, my question is, how do i get that macro > button to display on...

Stule not available error
When I select cells and press the Currency style icon on the toolbar, I get an error that states "currency style not available". I can format the cells by right clicking the cells and selecting format. How can I correct this? Thanks ================= Delete "abc" to reply by email. Start a new workbook. go back to your workbook (with the problem) Format|Style|Merge Point at that new workbook Ok Ok (remember to save your workbook or you'll be doing this again.) (Some how that style got deleted and you just added (merged) it back in.) wdh@esle.net wrote: > >...

Option Button #2
I have been asked to do a form in Excel and one portion of the form requires a simple Yes or No answer. The best way of doing this I thought was giving the person who will be completing the form an option button to select either Yes or No. (There are approx 6 questions requiring only Yes or No answers) I am not an expert in Excel at all and need some advise here... How do I put in the option button in for each question to be only yes or no and how can I assign a value of 1 to the Yes answers that will pull through to a summary sheet refelcting the answers given? Thanks Pieter Set t...

Equations with numbers and letter values
I am creating a performance chart for employees to fill out. Below is an example of a set of questions they need to complete, with a possible answer to each. My spreadsheet is being designed to calculate a points system on multiple categories 1. How many appointments did you have? "2" 2. How many new appointments did you set? "1" 3. Did you follow up with active client groups, not yet rented? "Y" 4. Have you made collection calls to clients that owe money? "N" 5. Have you reviewed and replied to all your emails? "Y" I need...

Can I use the 'Back' & 'Forward' navigation buttons on my mouse?
I plan on using a wireless mouse to control a presentation slideshow. I will leave the mouse pointer itself on the preview screen and may need to click there, so I would like to use the mouse's special web-navigation buttons ('Back' and 'Forward') to control the slideshow forward and backward. Is this possible, as it would seem a very simple and useful option given that so many mice and keyboards now feature these extra hardware keys/buttons? Of course I could use the scroll-wheel, but it's easy to overshoot... Thanks for any help, Andre Hi, Ye...

Office 2004 Templates Now Available on Mactopia
We have obviously been seeing the desire for the Office 2004 templates on Mactopia, so we have now posted them on Mactopia. You can get them at: http://www.microsoft.com/mac/templates.mspx. Thanks! Kevin Macduff Group Content Publishing Manager Microsoft:MacBU This templates are UGLY! Why dont you port or support the downloads of office (office 2007)templates from microsoft office template site? Because *we* don't have anything to say about it. This is a peer-to-peer support newsgroup. If you have gripe with Microsoft use Help> Send Feedback in any Office app & register yo...

Archives of ng available?
I was wondering if there is a site where archives of this news group would be located. If so, it may help me avoid asking questions that have been answered already. MrBT "Mr BT" <fdc_sbeattie@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:lUKUh.83029$DE1.10188@pd7urf2no... >I was wondering if there is a site where archives of this news group would >be located. > If so, it may help me avoid asking questions that have been answered > already. http://groups.google.co.uk/group/microsoft.public.outlook/topics -- David Biddulph ...

Custom buttons #2
hi, can i assign a commandbutton sub() to a custom button to sit in the toolbar? and how do i assign a vb macro to this custom button? and is there a way to change the look to the custom button to something apart from the smiley face? thanks Check out this article, Rick. Should help you a ton. http://www.officearticles.com/misc/methods_to_run_a_macro_in_microsoft_office_applications.htm ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Rick, United Kingdom" <RickUnitedKingdom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BBF351B5-655C-40E7-AD50-A00477E0D930@microsoft.com....

2003 -RPC over HTTP option not available on Outlook 2003 client
I have the full office system 2003 install, however in the connections setting on profile, I do not have the option displayed to connect to exchange over http. Thoughts? Seb 1) you need exchange 2003 in the profile 2) you need the hotfix for winxp. it will not work on win2k http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=331320 -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.poremsky.com - http://www.cdolive.com Expert Zone http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone Search for answers: http://groups.google....

Button Label is invisable
I added a "SAVE RECORD" Button to a Form and the label is not visable on the button. The Property sheet says it is there. I have looked at all the properties and cannot find anything that might cause this. I would greatly appreciate some suggestions. -- Mel "Mel" <Mel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ADF6552F-8E60-450A-8708-E621D8270633@microsoft.com... >I added a "SAVE RECORD" Button to a Form and the label is not visable on >the > button. The Property sheet says it is there. I have looked at all the > prop...

Limit to views available to webpart?
I have a list with 50 views. In the list all 50 are available (and more if I make them). However when I go to apply the view to any web part, the last one I create is not available. Anything after the 49th is not. It seems clearly to be a software limit. But a dumb one. Is this just me, or a normal sharepoint thing? Any way around it? Thanks! Tim Well, I finally found this which acknowledges what I'm seeing: http://wssv3faq.mindsharp.com/Lists/v3%20WSS%20FAQ/DispForm.aspx?ID=1125&Source=http%3A%2F%2Fwssv3faq%2Emindsharp%2Ecom%2FLists%2Fv3%2520WSS%2520FAQ%2FI...

How to Modify Default Button for PropertySheet?
I'm trying to change the default button for a property sheet to a button I've added to the sheet. Currently I'm clearing the BS_DEFPUSHBUTTON flag in all the predefined buttons and setting it in my created button but OK still acts as the default when when ENTER key is presssed. Is IDOK hardcoded into Propery sheets as the default but not for CDialog? MyPropSheet::OnInitDialog() { ... . . GetDlgItem(IDOK)->ModifyStyle(BS_DEFPUSHBUTTON, 0); GetDlgItem(IDCANCEL)->ModifyStyle(BS_DEFPUSHBUTTON, 0); GetDlgItem(ID_APPLY_NOW)->ModifyStyle(BS_DEFPUSHBUTTON, 0); . ....

How do you put an "&" sign on a button?
I need a button to say "O&M", but when I type it, the & sign turns into an underscore. How do I display the "&" sign as typed? Thank you! "Cathy" <Cathy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:432DAE14-74DD-4DBD-9B2B-1BFF914A5214@microsoft.com... >I need a button to say "O&M", but when I type it, the & sign turns into an > underscore. How do I display the "&" sign as typed? Double up the &: O&&M When displayed, it will come out as a single ampersand. -- Dirk Gol...

Combine two cmd buttons onto one
I have two buttons on my form running these two macros "Private Sub cmdPrint_Job_Sheet_Click() On Error GoTo Err_cmdPrint_Job_Sheet_Click Dim stDocNameCustomer, stDocNameWorkshop As String stDocNameCustomer = "rpt_Single_Record_Customer" DoCmd.OpenReport stDocNameCustomer, acNormal stDocNameWorkshop = "rpt_Single_Record_Workshop" DoCmd.OpenReport stDocNameWorkshop, acNormal Exit_cmdPrint_Job_Sheet_Click: Exit Sub Err_cmdPrint_Job_Sheet_Click: MsgBox Err.Description Resume Exit_cmdPrint_Job_Sheet_Click End Sub" "Private ...

How to get "Paste Special" as a button on toolbar
Hello, Because I'm a big fan of "Paste Special", I want to have this function as a button on my toolbar. Is this possible? And if so, how do I do this? Thanks Retman Hi Retman Rightclick any toolbar. Choose "customize" from the menu that appear. Choose the tab "Commands" in the next dialog. Choose category "Edit". Scroll down to "Paste special" and drag-drop it onto a toolbar. HTH. Best wishes Harald "retman" <retman@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:D8415BC5-0A76-4BD1-8E27-EA35BBC74F64@microsoft.com... &...

AA Transactions Available in Smartlist
Currently, only the AA setup and maintenance window information are available in Smartlist integration with AA. We have a partner in Malaysia who would like to have AA transactions integrated in Smartlist. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.mic...

Currency Style button
When I click the Currency Style button on the Formatting toolbar my data is formatted as Accounting. Wouldn't it logically be formatted as Currency? I'm assuming that the Currency Style button actually refers to the type of currency (English dollar, British pound, etc.) rather than the type of formatting applied. However, doesn't the use of "Currency Style" on the button name imply that it will apply the Currency style formatting? Any thoughts on this? -- Anita It is what Redmond decides it is!?!?<g> However, you can change it to suit your own preferences. ...

Excel graphing and equation issues
Okay so here is my problem. For work, I have a curve that I need to put into excel and find the equation. So I look at the curve and record data points from the curve into excel. I will then graph the points and it will produce a curve just like the one have on paper. My problem comes when I ask excel to produce equations for the curves. The equations it produces do not match the curves when I enter a value into the equation. Why does this happen or how can I fix it? Make sure you start with an XY chart, not a line chart. Then make sure the equation has enough digits, so apply ...

Enable Command Button base on UserName
I have a Command Button on a worksheet that I only want to display if a specified User Opens the workbook. I have the following code: (in a UserName module) ================= ' By Chris Rae, 14/6/99, 3/9/00. Option Explicit ' This is used by GetUserName() to find the current user's ' name from the API Declare Function Get_User_Name Lib "advapi32.dll" Alias _ "GetUserNameA" (ByVal lpBuffer As String, _ nSize As Long) As Long Function GetUserName() As String Dim lpBuff As String * 25 Dim txtName As String Get_U...

Date Formats Available
Hi, I was wondering if there was a date format that anyone was aware of that would make the date appear as such: Entered in as 30/12/1979 Displayed as 30th December, 1979 Thanks in Advance, RTANSW -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com You'd need a VBA event macro to do this. If you can live with 30 December, 1979 then Format/Cells/Number/Custom dd mmmm, yyyy will do. In article <374548a98acd4a7189b14ca738876735@OfficeKB.com>, "RTANSW via OfficeKB.com" <forum@nospam.OfficeKB.com> wrote: > I was wondering if there was a date format tha...

button to run macro
I am trying to have a button on my work sheet start a macro I recorded... I followed these directions in the help menu 1.. Click the button or graphic control so that sizing handles appear. 2.. With the graphic object selected, right-click a sizing handle of the button or graphic object to display the shortcut menu. 3.. On the shortcut menu, click Assign Macro. However, "assign Macro" is not among the choices in the shortcut menu.... I Have my security levels set to low, but can't seem to find the command needed. any help would be appreciated. D S Use the button from th...

Billing cycle / Account types add on avail?
It appears though you can make multiple account types with interest, etc, RMS does not allow or have an option to close or run statements for specific account types.(please see post "Closing Billing Cycle Question") Maybe it depends on account closing dates or other setup? but if having A/R accounts and any others, RMS wants to close all. Any add-on packages that can develope seperate accounts within RMS? Thanks ...