Why is my Equation button not available

I can't figure out why I can't the Equation button is not working in the
Insert Ribbon on Word 2007, its greyed out and I can't click on it.

And I know I can insert an object and selection Equation Editor 3.0 but
that's not an answer to my question as to why this isn't working the way it
should from the Insert ribbon so no need to make tha suggestion.

The new type of equation is not available in Compatibility Mode. If you
create a Word 2007 .docx file (or convert a .doc file into a .docx file),
you will be able to use the Equation too in the Insert tab.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word Bible

"bflogeo" <bflogeo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I can't figure out why I can't the Equation button is not working in the
> Insert Ribbon on Word 2007, its greyed out and I can't click on it.
>
> And I know I can insert an object and selection Equation Editor 3.0 but
> that's not an answer to my question as to why this isn't working the way
> it
> should from the Insert ribbon so no need to make tha suggestion.

45
Herb

every button causes error
1. Have ms outlook 2000 prof. All of te buttons, except the "send/receive" results in following error message: "Outlook has caused an error in mso9.dll. Outlook will now close." Any clues? Can't do anything. 2. Need to reinstall? Can I just copy my pst file and then to keep all my items from address book and old emails, then just update them? Help please. http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=241817 -- ~jason k "jamiet" <jamie@forecastgolf.com> wrote in message news:02d701c3cfe6$fafe3fa0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > 1. Have ms outlook 2000 prof...

Availability Service cross forest problems
Hi All! Appologise for the wall-of-text but I'm really hoping someone out there can help me with some of these issues I'm seeing trying to set this up. Heres my scenario: I have 2 forests. "A.local" and "B.local". Company A has purchased company B and we need to see free/busy info across the forest while we work on consolodating the sites. I have Exchange 2007 in both forests. There is a 2 way trust between the forests that works well. To make things easier, the primary SMTP domains for both forests have been set up to be the exact name of the fo...

Office 2007 acting differently--macro not available in this workbo
Hi, this macro was running fine, until the conversion to Office 2007. In the Locations worksheet I have a list of locations in Zone 1. A worksheet is created for each store in Zone 1. I manually move the created worksheets into another Book. Then I go back to the original file to run Zone 2. Only now I'm getting an error: Cannot run the macro 'Book 2.xlsx'!PrepareReport'. The macro may not be available in this workbook. Why is it looking to the new book for the macro? The macro is in the original file. It does let me click on the Developer tab, Macros...

Description available on Purchasing Invoice Entry screen?
Is there any place to enter a description for invoices entered on the Purchasing Invoice Entry screen? As you probably know, transactions entered here end up ultimately as records in the PM20000 table - which has a field called TRXDSCRN (corresponding to the description available on the Payables Transaction Entry screen. We need to be able to capture descriptions of our invoices (for reporting purposes), but since we enter them on the Purchasing Invoice screen we don't seem to be able to enter any descriptive info for them. -- Bud Cool Microsoft Certified Business Ma...

creating a bigger toolbar button
Is there a way I can make a button in the toolbar bigger than the default size (I think 16x15 pixels).. I want to make it actuially longer (not bigger all in all) so I can add text to it.. Thank you, CN From my experience, you can make buttons bigger, but all the buttons have to be the same size. I used the resource editor by double-clicking the appropriate toolbar in the ResourceView. Then just stretching one of them made them all the same, bigger size. Norm "Comfortably Numb" <manyaki@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:u87fogEXDHA.888@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... >...

enter data on 1 sheet and make it enter on next avail row on 2nd s
I would like to enter data into lists on 3 different sheets and I would like that data to automatically collate on a summary sheet (i.e. as soon as I hit enter after typing the data in one of the 3 sheets it should appear on the summary sheet on the next available row). Can this be done?? Hi this would be only possible using vBA event procedures (e.g. worksheet change event handlers). Do you want to go this way? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Nadia wrote: > I would like to enter data into lists on 3 different sheets and I > would like that data to automatically collate...

Create a button in a form to email a report
I have a form set up in my DB that we fill out. I do have a button that will print the report for this form set up, but now we would also like to have the option to press a button and the report attaches itself to an email and we can send it. I could set it up to just go to print preview and then we have to go to the Acrobat tab, and select the "create and attach to email" but I was hoping I could by-pass this step through code somehow. If anyone has any ideas let me know! As a guess (pass in reportname and whereclause), or perhaps you need to save the pdf to disk a...

Excel Button
I created a macro and assigned it to a form button in excel 2007. I would like to see that button move up or down when I scroll. ...

Word as e-mail editor (option not available)
The 2 options under mail format that enables MS Word is not highlighted for use Please help you need the word version for that outlook. example outlook 2003 and takes word 2003. outlook 2002 used word 2002. my outlook 97 will use word 2002 so I think an older outlook can use a newer word. hope that helps. -- Dave M Etna, Maine USA Radeon 9800Pro 256mb P4 2.8 oc to 3.1 "Hugo" <hfmeyer@planet.nl> wrote in message news:03e501c3d88d$c4f62580$a001280a@phx.gbl... > The 2 options under mail format that enables MS Word is > not highlighted for use > > Please help ...

Excel Save button
Version: Excel 2002 (10.4524.4219) SP-2. We recently moved and updated links from about 14,000 excel files from a Novell Netware environment to a Microsoft Networking environment on a Win2k server. We had to do some "linking" issues on several thousands and the files seem to be working fine. The issue that we are experiencing are files on the network that you open up on the client machine, make even a few characters on a cell, and try to SAVE it, when a SAVE window dialog box comes up and asks if you want to save it as, "SAVE AS" or "Overwrite." It give...

Action after you click the 'vbOKOnly' button
I have a 'msgbox' that triggers dependant upon entries into a textbox (TB7)within a userform. I'm having difficulty directing the action immediatedly following when the user clicks the 'vbOKOnly' button on the 'msgbox'. I'd like it to return to the textbox (TB7), and clear it so the user must enter new data. Should I be using a different vb button among those offered with 'msgbox'? Appreciate any ideas... thanks, Tony B Hi Tony the following works for me Sub testbutton() i = MsgBox("this is a message", vbOKOnly) If i = vbOK Then...

Need a macro to insert a row in the row above a button
I'm trying to create a macro that inserts a row above a row that would have a button (telling the user "click here to add a new row"). I want to create many of these buttons at different points in the worsheet. The problem with the approach I used is that the active cell doesn't change to the button location when the button is clicked. Any ideas would be appreciated. David David, Why bother having many buttons, why not just one that inserts a row above the active cell, whichever one that might be? -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to ...

The delegates Page is Not Available
I have an Exchange 2003. One using that is using Outlook 2003 keeps getting "The delegates Page is Not Available" when trying to change his delegates. I have read somewhere that it is a corrupt inbox that needs to be rebuilt. Is there anyway of getting around this? The solution that I saw only said Outlook 2000 so I am hoping that somebody has found a new fix for this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. ...

Filling a Command Button
I cannot for the life of me figure out how to fill a command button. I've ungrouped and tried to fill - - didn't work. I went to behavior, protection and style - - nothing seemed to work. How do I do this? I assume you are referring to the Command button shape in the Windows User Interface shapes. Unfortunately these shapes have lots of protections on them to ensure that they look like the Windows UI elements. If you really want to change the color, you will need to go to Edit > Open Group (at the bottom of the menu) and then open the Shapesheet for the button. In the Fill...

Code on button how?
I want the following code attach to a commandbutton. Sub Rij_Invoegen() ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).EntireRow.Insert End Sub I wont get it working. I want to insert a row under the row i select. -- Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/ If you use a commandbutton (a commandbutton is from the control toolbox toolbar), just double click on it and you'll see where the code goes. You'll just copy|paste that single line--it'll already have the name of the sub and the End sub line. If you used a button from the Forms toolbar, you could put your cod...

Is 1.2 Integration Available?
I keep being told that 1.2 Integration is NOT available yet, but I received a CD a couple days ago (along with the 1.2 CRM update) that said 1.2 integration. So I'm a bit confused. Is 1.2 integration available or not? -- Brandon IT Director Presentations Direct - Office Equipment & Supplies http://www.presentationsdirect.com ...

hyperlink not available
I want to add a hyperlink in my Publisher 2000 newsletter. I select the text, then go to Insert, but there is no hyperlink option. Any suggestions? Thanks! Beth A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from Beth Mc <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>!"... > I want to add a hyperlink in my Publisher 2000 newsletter. > I select the text, then go to Insert, but there is no > hyperlink option. Change your publication to be a Web Publication before inserting hyperlinks Ask webdesign questions in the webdesign - microsoft.public.publisher.webdesi...

Creat a filter button.
How can I creat a button on the form that can perform a form filter instead of haing to right click on the form or select form filter from the record menue. I want to creat three buttons. one to creat the filter, one to apply the filter and one to clear the filter. I only need help for the first one. Thanks all. -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com To create a filter for your form, your code will need to generate a string that looks just like the WHERE clause in a query. You can then assign that string to the Filter property of the report, and set FilterOn as true. This ex...

Looping through a group of radio buttons
Hi all... I have a group of radio buttons on a dialog. Depending on an option chosen in the parent dialog, some radio buttons have to be enabled and some disabled. So, how can I loop through all radio buttons to enable or disable them? For example, if the dialog is CMydialog (with 6 radio buttons), and I have a method to enable or disable the controls, this way: CMydialog dlg; dlg.SetEnabled(7); That way, radio buttons 0, 1 and 2 are enabled, and the rest are disabled. If the call is: dlg.Enabled(16); then only radio button 4 is enabled, and the rest is disabled. I know how to do it by...

Send and receive button not working
When I click on the Send/Receive button, nothing happens. The way I can send & receive mail is by going to TOOLS and then ALL ACCOUNTS. Outlook also fails to send/receive automatically, even though it is configured to do so. Grateful for any advice! ...

2 Y-axes in a bar chart -- plugin available?
I learned from <http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ColumnsOnTwoAxes.html> how to produce a column chart with two Y-axes. I assume this could be done with a bar chart in a similar way. But actually I'm looking for a plugin or add-in in order to create such a chart in a *simple* way without having to do any tricks. I did some research but didn't find any. So do you know some? Meinolf - Yes, you could make such a chart with horizontal bars the same way as with vertical columns. As far as I know, however, there are no add-ins generally available to do this. - Jon ------- Jon P...

Re: Command Buttons in Custom Form
Hi all...I'm using Outlook 2003. I have a few fields that are placed so far down on a page of a Custom Form that you have to scroll down to get there. However, I have turned Scroll bars off. What I would like to do, is have a Command Button, in place that when clicked, brings the user to the portion of that particular page where these other fields are. I'm thinking of using a On Click() GoTo Control.Something or other. I need help with a couple things: 1. Do I need to assign a field value to the Command Button? 2. What Function do I need to put this code? 3. What is the prope...

paste options button
The paste options button does not appear in Word anymore, although the box is ticked in the Advanced Word Options. It sort of stop suddenly, but it does work in Excel. It's driving me crazy! Checking the web, I found other people have the same proble, but no solutions posted as far as I can tell. Any help, please? ...

Exchange server not available
When I open my Outlook 2002 client I get a message that says the Exchange server is not available? However I can ping the Exchange server and DNS is resolving both ways. Is there a simple way to troubleshoot this problem. I have been researching this for about 3 hours now:( The Exchange server is 2000 with SP3. All MS updates are current also. Help ! Thanks, Mark And, I can open my mailbox from other clients on the same LAN. >-----Original Message----- >When I open my Outlook 2002 client I get a message that >says the Exchange server is not available? However I can ...

Trap error for trendline clear button?
Hi everyone I have 2 data series on an XY scattergraph. I have created buttons for turning the associated trendlines ON/OFF. Trendline 1 is the trendline for series 1. The sheet opens with trendline 1 on and trendline 2 off One button (A) turns trendline 1 off and trendline 2 on The other button (B) does the opposite (turns trendline 2 off and trendline 1 on) The idea is that one trendline replaces the other. However, if the user clicks the 'wrong button' (e.g clicks A when trendline 1 is already off) I get a runtime error 1004 (unable to get the trendline properties of the series cla...