Why is my Equation button not available

I can't figure out why I can't the Equation button is not working in the
Insert Ribbon on Word 2007, its greyed out and I can't click on it.

And I know I can insert an object and selection Equation Editor 3.0 but
that's not an answer to my question as to why this isn't working the way it
should from the Insert ribbon so no need to make tha suggestion.

The new type of equation is not available in Compatibility Mode. If you
create a Word 2007 .docx file (or convert a .doc file into a .docx file),
you will be able to use the Equation too in the Insert tab.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word Bible

"bflogeo" <bflogeo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I can't figure out why I can't the Equation button is not working in the
> Insert Ribbon on Word 2007, its greyed out and I can't click on it.
>
> And I know I can insert an object and selection Equation Editor 3.0 but
> that's not an answer to my question as to why this isn't working the way
> it
> should from the Insert ribbon so no need to make tha suggestion.

45
Herb

Make a Word template available in a public folder
Is there any way to make a Word template available in a public folder, so remote users can access the template when offline? Shannon Yes, and no. Users will have access to the template, but when they open it, they'll be opening the .dot file itself, not creating a new .doc file with it. If you want to go this route, be sure to make the folder read-only, so users will be forced to save the newly created file to their system, rather than overwrite the .dot in the folder. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power...

add vote button to all the outgoing emails
Hi there, In my case, I want to add two vote buttons (Approve/ Reject button) to all the outgoing emails. I would like to know how to put this voting option in my default setting. Do I have to write a script for that? How? Thank you very much for help!! Tools=>Forms->Design a form. See this page for more information: --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no...

Available date filters in all REPORTS
Hello, I am looking to find out what the available filters limits are in rms 2.0 reports? The field that i am speaking about are: FilterLoLim = "9/1/2007" FilterHilim = "9/24/2007" I am interested in setting it to last month. I have seen today, MonthStart, YearStart. But I cannot find any others and would like to get a list of all availabe options for these fields. Any help would be appreciated. I have seen another prersons request for this quesiton, but there was no response <MonthStart> Date of the first day of the month. <WeekStart> Date of...

Com Addin Button
Hi, I managed to add a Com addin button in outlook using vb6 which displays a message box when clicked. But when i open a message the button is not visible. Can anybody uide me as to what i am doing wrong. I need the button to be visible at all times. Thanks a lot in advance. When creating custom forms in Outlook, there are two views: one for the Compose Page (what the sender sees), and one for the Read Page (what the recipient sees). Sounds like your button resides only on the Compose Page. If that's the case, simply copy the control to the Read Page. > I managed to add a Com ...

Enable/Disable Custom Buttons
Is it possible to have custom buttons only enabled on specific registers? We have one register that performs different functions than the ones in our checkout lanes, requiring a different set of custom buttons. We have an addon that only one register will use, but this button appears on all registers. There doesn't seem to be an option to create a unique keyboard like you can for other buttons/macros. Any ideas? I'm guessing the answer is no, but I thought I'd try. If you don't need any buttons on that register, you can hide the button bar with Ctl-F6, or you...

no appropriate default constructor available
I have class CPattern : public CObject { public: CPattern(); virtual ~CPattern(); .... }; class CPartOfSpeech { public: CPartOfSpeech(); virtual ~CPartOfSpeech(); virtual CString SetText(); CPattern* m_pPat; .... }; class CVerb : public CPartOfSpeech { public: CVerb(CPattern* pPat); virtual ~CVerb(); virtual CString SetText(); .... }; CVerb::CVerb(CPattern* pPat) { m_pPat = pPat; .... } I got this error: ....Pattern.cpp(27) : error C2512: 'CVerb' : no appropriate default constructor available. So I supplied this: CVerb::CVerb() { } and the error went away. But I h...

1 button for 2 macros
I have two macros. I would like to press 1 macro button that will do both macros. Is there a way to do this? Macros are below, Joe Sub SaveAsCellString() ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:= _ "C:\shipway\invoices\" & Range("E5").Formula, FileFormat:=xlExcel9795, _ Password:="", WriteResPassword:="", ReadOnlyRecommended:=False, _ CreateBackup:=False End Sub Sub clearform() ' ' clearform Macro ' Macro recorded 20/06/2005 by Joe Clarkson ' ' Range("A16:C28").Select Selection.ClearCont...

UAC "OK" button greyed out
Suddenly the "OK" button on UAC is unlit and I can't press it. I can't disable UAC because the screen pops up prompting me to press OK or Cancel, but OK isn't lit. Same thing if I try to change my user account type (which is administrator), when I try to use "elevated command), when I try to access msconfig, and when I try to run system restore. Basically, we can't do anything because the OK button is never available to be clicked on! :cry: I am completely out of ideas! I should have disabled the annoying thing years ago! Thanks for you help! ...

How to get notified of window close button click..
Hi, I have a CDialog derived class.. I am creating by making its object, and using Create method with various parameters. Then upon condition of my application, I am using ShowWindow method of dialog to show and hide the window. Now, I want to get notified of window close event.. So, which function (virtual function or window message handling) should I use to get notification of window red cross mark click ? Jigar I got that notification by using WM_CLOSE message.. Look at OnClose/OnCancel. ---------- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com OnClose() will get called if they click the "red...

Resource Availability Graph in Project Server 2007
I'm seeing a discrepency in the Resource availability graph and what a published Gantt chart is showing. Basically, the resource availability graph is no longer showing the resource as having work on a particular date, when the gantt chart clearly shows the assignment. Also, from the Resource center, when I click View Assignments for that resource, the assignment is shown just as it is in the Gantt chart. The weird thing is, the Resource Availability graph once showed this resource as having work for that project. Since then the Gantt was edited and published, but the p...

add a attachment button
I want to add to an excel sheet a button, what the user could use t attach files to the excel sheet. Just like the button in outlook, wha you can use to attach files to your email. So, the excel sheet has t be a form, where the user could hang a file to it. But they have to d this with a button on the form, named like: "Attach files" Is this possible in excel??? :( :( : -- pietj ----------------------------------------------------------------------- pietje's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2875 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.c...

Customized Buttons/Toolbars?
Here's the situation. We're attempting to automate our Engineering log and have almost everything good-to-go. The idea is to make the logs a sailor proof as possible (yes it's true, we can screw almost anythin up. ;) Anyway, on to the problem. In the workbook developed I have the actua "log" worksheet and then a "standard entries" worksheet. I would lik to have a customized toolbar at the top that would allow someone t click on it and the Gas Turbine section of the "standard entries worksheet pops up allowing them to select the particular entry to b e...

Anyone using BrightStor High-Availability ?
Is anyone using CA's BrightStor High-Availability application with an exchange server? Any comments? Thanks. ...

Page navigation control buttons
My 2000 does not show page navigation control buttons even when I follow directions by that annoying paperclip. ...

one macro different buttons
Hi, I have lot of textboxes and labels (controls) in a sheet in different places. When I click any of them I will go to cell A. i.e. Private sub Label1_click() Range("A1").Select End sub and Private sub Label1_click() Range("A1").Select End sub .... .... .... How can I use only ONE code to all of these lables? To be more clear: Is there something like: Private sub Label1_click() , Label2_click , Label3_click()... Range("A1").Select End sub Can any one help? No. You need a different event for each one I believe.... OJ Hi Khalil. If you are using &quo...

Print Preview Print Button Greyed Out
I use Excel 2003. When I do a print preview, my print button is greyed out and I cannot print from within the print preview screen. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling, running a repair, but the problem remains. Any thoughts/ideas would be appreciated. Thank you. ...

How do I create a button on the toolbar that will start my form?
I want to add a buttton to the toolbar that starts my calculation program ...

Command Button To Delete Text In Single Field In Record
Hello All, I want to be able to do is open a particular form, which based on a table. "Enquirys" form is called "Enquiry_Date_Reset" On the form i want to scroll to a particular record and then press a button which will clear the date which is stored in the [Date Sent] field for that particular record set. (Not the whole record) is this possible? Regards Dan On Fri, 03 Aug 2007 09:08:56 -0700, dan.cawthorne@gmail.com wrote: > Hello All, > > I want to be able to do is open a particular form, which based on a > table. "Enquirys" > > form ...

Two state button ?
Hi, How to make two state button from normal push button created from resource ? What styles must be set ? I have tried BS_PUSHLIKE but i was not succesfull. Peter "Peter" <Peter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E1103510-EA33-4DC9-A274-C020F16F7BB6@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > How to make two state button from normal push button created from resource ? > What styles must be set ? I have tried BS_PUSHLIKE but i was not succesfull. I think maybe you're halfway there. Are you using a checkbox with the BS_PUSHLIKE style? -- Jeff Partch [VC++ MVP]...

Help! Trying to get free/busy availability info on OWA...
We're trying to use OWA as our only client to the Exchange Server. We want to use calendars in OWA as well. However, I cannot see people's free/busy information including my own. How do I initiate free/busy features in OWA Thanks in advance for any assistance. Have you looked at these articles: 322196 XCCC: Outlook Web Access Cannot Retrieve Free-and-Busy Information 813152 XCCC: Outlook Web Access Cannot Obtain Free/Busy Data for Some Recipients 832196 How to Make Sure That Your Free/Busy Information Is Correctly Updated in Doug Blanchard [MSFT] Microsoft PSS Please do not send ...

Switchboard Button Does Not Work
I've created many switchboards in previous versions of MS Access but this is the first one I've done in Access 2007 and I've come across a problem that has not occurred before. I currently have 2 swichboards (the main one, and a secondary one that is reached via a button on the main). When the database is first opened, all the buttons work fine. However, when I run a routine that imports data and then carries out a number of validity checks on that data (again, something that I have done numerous times in the past), the button on the main switchboard that links me to the se...

IE Error using New Record Button to create Account or Contact
currently, the only place I can successfully use New Record button to create a new Account or Record is when I'm in Activities. If any Accounts or Contacts are in active view, and I click on New Record, Account, IE gives out a general error and shuts down. This is happening in multiple computers in my company. Is this a design bug? ------=_NextPart_0001_2CA37D80 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <Winnie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > currently, the only place I can successfully use New Record button to create > a new Account or Record is ...

Available Resources
I have a user with W2K and Office 2003. She runs macros in Excel in a spreadsheet that takes data and then creates a new spreadsheet with that data in it. It is very large. Other users with similar resources can run this just fine. (She has more memory, speed and space than anyone could ever use..) 1/2 way through the routine Excel locks up. Then it says, "Excel cannot complete this task with available resources. Choose less data or close other applications." Then she gets a Microsoft Visual Basic Window that says 400. Then she gets two further windows, one winmgmt.exe and ...

Hang you can simulate with ATL composite control, MFC dialog and Radio buttons
Hello, I am facing a very wierd problem. I have an ATL composite control and am trying to host it on an MFC dialog. When a radio button on the MFC dialog is clicked, the application hangs. In Visual Studio.NET 2003, when testing the dialog, if you click the radio button, Visual Studio hangs. I tried searching for this problem on the forums but could not find anything. Here are steps to reproduce the problem (I have checked this on a Windows 2000 PC): a) Build an ATL composite control with a single edit box (or any other control) in the dialog box. Make sure that the project is *not* attribu...

Equating a Percentage to a Number
I am a new excel user. I am trying to set up an electronic grade book and I wanted to know is there is a formula I can use to tie a letter grade to a percentage. Thank You You are a bit vague, do you have number grades or letter grades? =IF(A1="","",VLOOKUP(A1,{0,"F";0.6,"D";0.7,"C";0.8,"B";0.9,"A"},2)) that means 0-59% F, 60-69 D and so on, replace them with numbers 1-5 if needed or change the whole scale if needed -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Laura" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...