Why is my Equation button not available

I can't figure out why I can't the Equation button is not working in the
Insert Ribbon on Word 2007, its greyed out and I can't click on it.

And I know I can insert an object and selection Equation Editor 3.0 but
that's not an answer to my question as to why this isn't working the way it
should from the Insert ribbon so no need to make tha suggestion.

The new type of equation is not available in Compatibility Mode. If you
create a Word 2007 .docx file (or convert a .doc file into a .docx file),
you will be able to use the Equation too in the Insert tab.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word Bible

"bflogeo" <bflogeo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I can't figure out why I can't the Equation button is not working in the
> Insert Ribbon on Word 2007, its greyed out and I can't click on it.
>
> And I know I can insert an object and selection Equation Editor 3.0 but
> that's not an answer to my question as to why this isn't working the way
> it
> should from the Insert ribbon so no need to make tha suggestion.

45
Herb

Custom Buttons and Internal Command questions
Hi! I created a button using SelectCustomer and the customer lists opens (as if I had pressed F7), but when I select a customer the window dissappears and no customer has been selected. Also, 2) I need to create 2 buttons for items that are very common for me beer deposits and lottery payout, and these can very in large amounts. I created one, but if I do 52 X (52 times) and then press the custom button it disregards the 52 X and just gives me the 1 that I gave it after PerformAddItem etc. Any way that this can be worked around. Right now I have created a separted code that I scan after...

recurring backgroud color for available appts?
I see clients each week for hour long appointments. Is there a way for me to highlight the available times on a recurring basis? For example, if I intend for 1:30-2:30 on every Tuesday to be open to see a client, is there a way for me to change the background color of that slot on my calendar so that I can quickly see that 1:30- 2:30 on Tuesdays is a spot I make available when I jump to a future week? The times I have available each day stays the same, but the times vary from day to day. When I jump to a blank week to schedule someone I'd like to be able to see on my calendar...

No Code and Security available (OL2003)
Hello, I have a very funny problem. If I start Outlook 2003 I can't set the security options, can't open macros (ALT F8) and can't get into the vba-code (ALT F11). There is no error message. Just nothing.... What can I do? This is on my laptop. At the workstation it works fine! Thank you, Murphy ...

save record isn't available now
Hello, I have a table that collects data from about 150 spreadsheets each day, and then I refer to this table in a Report, without any problems. I now want to use the same data from this table, but in a Form but I get the message "save record isn't available now". From what I've read on previous messages from others, the problem is that it can't write to the table, thus it can't save. So assuming that is the problem, is there some way around this? If it involves VBA code, where would I put the code, would it be in one of the Form's Events? Thanks very mu...

Buttons disappearing from QAT
Hi, I'm using Word 07. I have a global template (Myaddin.dotm) that I am using with Ribbon customization. Sometimes the buttons on the QAT disappear, but only the buttons for features that live in the Myaddin.dotm disappear, my other buttons remain. Has anyone seen this before? Any help is appreciated. When items disappear from the QAT, is your add-in template still attached? Angie M. wrote: >Hi, > >I'm using Word 07. I have a global template (Myaddin.dotm) that I am using >with Ribbon customization. Sometimes the buttons on the QAT disappear, but ...

Service Call
Aside from a customization, can anyone tell me how to restrict access to the screens that come up when you click on the Parts, Labor, Add'l Charges, Expenses, Hotline, Meters, Invoice, Totals buttons on the Service Call Entry/Update screen. I'm unable to find a clear indicatino on the Dictionary listing under Advanced Security. I don't know if this is going to anwer your question entirely, but here is what we needed and what I did. We have technicians who enter their time directly in the service entry window. I didn't want them to be able to delete tickets, mark items...

How do I add an icon of image to a menu button?
I have created a COM addin in C++ that adds a couple of menuButtons(CommandBarButton) to Microsoft Outlook. I have used commandBarButton->put_Caption() to put the caption on to the button. Now, I would like to know how exactly would I be able to add an icon or image to this particular button. Code snippets would be of great help. Thanks, B. ...

Installation File Downloads Available
These are made available to allow Microsoft users to reinstall onto their new computers, even after the servers have all disappeared. Installation File Download Info for Microsoft Money Users. France, UK and International and US. Canadian users will probably be served by the US file, although I have not had specific information on that. http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/money/thread/479281b2-90f9-42ca-85f7-644fc6e1e5c3 Cal, I have Money 2002 UK. Should I, or do you recommend, using "Money 2005 IntlEngl - QFE2" instead ? Kevin. "Cal Learner" <via_n...

Remove macro button
I created a custom macro button and can't remove it now from my toolbar. I'm sure it is easy, but I can't figure it out. Joe Hi - goto 'Tools - Customize' - remove/drag the button from the toolbar -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany lunker55 wrote: > I created a custom macro button and can't remove it now from my > toolbar. I'm sure it is easy, but I can't figure it out. > > Joe Thanks again Frank Joe "Frank Kabel" <frank.kabel@freenet.de> wrote in message news:enPjlK%23IEHA.3664@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi > ...

How to transform a bitmap button to other symbol.
Dear all, Does anybody here know how to transform a bitmap button to other symbol.I try to paste some images to help visualize my question but it doesn't work. Hope this example would help: Student(bitmap button)transform to Student(stick figure button) Actually, my intention is to transform Concept Map Diagram to UML use case diagram. Concept Map Diagram Editor is completed, but the only problem is to convert to UML use case diagram.Please help ;) ferry_hani, Both http://www.codeproject.com/buttonctrl/ and http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/buttonctrl/ contains an ex...

Missing Send/Receive Button
When starting Outlook 2003, the Send/Receive Button displays briefly, then goes away. I have two valid email accounts set up in Outlook (they work fine in Outlook Express) Any ideas? Thank you! Lori it should be under: view-> toolbar-> standard. are your "new" and "find" etc... shortcut buttons there????? Yes, my New and Find buttons are under the standard option. Just no Send/Receive Weird huh? Thank you for responding! >-----Original Message----- >it should be under: view-> toolbar-> standard. > >are your "new" and "find...

Unsubscribe button in the formatting toolbar
Hi, Would anyone has this similar problem and if anyone would know what can I do to fix it? There is "Unsubcribe" button on the Quick Campaign email form. When I click on it, it does nothing. For example, go to Contact, use Ctrl selct 1 or more than 1 contact, click Quick Campaign and give it a name, select email from the option list, an email form pop up. There is "Unsubscribe" button and it does nothing. Anyone any idea? Thanks! ...

Navigation buttons click and hold?
I enherited a database (.mdb) that was recently converted to Access 2007 from Access 2000. The users swear that they used to be able to click and hold the MoveNext navigation button and the form would scroll through all the records. These are the built in navigaion buttons. With Access 2007 the MoveNext button will only move one record per click and clicking and holding no longer moves through all the records. I don't have Access 2000 so I can't verify the old behavior but in 2007 I can see that clicking and holding does not scroll through all the records. Anyone know if it i...

new email button
I use outlook 07 on the toolbar I used to have the new email button with the text "new" aside. Now it is inly the button itself. How do i get back my button with text ? it disappears when the toolbar is smaller - so drag the toolbar to a line of its own. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlo...

Business Portal tabe not available
Hi there I have installed MOSS 2007 in order to install Business Portal 4.0. I have managed to setup the user roles and security permissions within Business Portal as per the manuals and training manual. However the user cannot access Business Portal becuase the Business Portal Tab is not available on the MOSS Portal page. As the administrator user it is available, but not for any of the domain normal users. I do not know enough about MOSS security and would like to kno whow do I assing users to access the page. I have tried through site settings but it does not appear to be worki...

where is the object size button in publisher
Right-click the object, format object, size tab... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Helpless rainbowdee" <Helplessrainbowdee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9895F3AD-0274-46EF-9F87-3EDD58AD6E94@microsoft.com... > ...

tablet pc button driver
I want to do tablet pc button driver. But when i install button driver in win 7. The win 7 always show not suitable for 32 bit driver. Could any body have answer to help ? ...

moving mouse highlights cells without touching left mouse button
in excel, it seems there is some sort of lock on so when i move my mouse around in a worksheet, it highlights all of the cells i move across. this happens when the left mouse button isn't being touched, and i can't work out what i have done to do this. have already tried the f8 button, but this doesn't help Is it a wheelie-mouse? Try depressing the wheel a few times. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 02:41:05 -0800, "bremboy" <bremboy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >in excel, it seems there is some sort of lock on so when i move my mouse >...

Adding a Custom POS button to select a Category
How do I program a Custom POS key to select items from a specific category? I know that I can use the Touchscreen keyboard but the client requires greater flexability. -- Thank you for the help!! Richard There is a file in the store operations/html file called drilldown that you can use for this purpose. I used it for a little while until I started using the touch screen feature. I prefer the touchscreen feature as there are more options when you use it instead of drilldown. Using touchscreen keyboard you can still select categorie or department, but you can also customise it to disp...

Widescreen monitors/Missing Buttons
On laptops with widescreen monitors, the dropdown menus are cut off at the bottom hiding the lower selections and the scroll down button, and the bottom of windows end early, hiding the ‘Ok’ and ‘Cancel’ buttons in many places. Any known was to address these issues? -- Thank You, Robert Harrison Portland: 503-345-9176 ext 814 Seattle: 206-686-3254 ext 814 Gateway Solutions Inc www.GSIcrm.com Certified Microsoft CRM Solution Partner Hi Rob, I'm not sure if this is part of the same problem but some C360 products have similar issues because of the DPI setting of the display. Det...

outlook 2003 send button
I have a client with OL2003 attached in a SBS2000 network. Now he complains when he clicks on NEW in Outlook the SEND button is missing from the toolbar. All other buttons are there, but the SEND button is missing. I went to the NEW mail option and right clicked on the toolbar where the SEND should be (the one where the SAVE and PRINT are on) and then attempted to CUSTOMIZE the STANDARD toolbar. The problem is that the SEND button is not here either to add it. What do I do to get the button back in this toolbar? Please help. Thanks, Ron Guillen .. Try instruction from microsof...

Sort Problem using a button
I have several worksheets, that I need to sort. My idea was to put a button on what I call my 'input page' and sort each of these pages. But I get the error: "Run-Time Error 1004: The sort reference is not valid. Make sure that it's within the data you want to sort, and the first Sort by Box isn't the same or blank." Now on sheet 1 is where the button is. Information that is to be sorted is on sheet2, sheet3 sheet 4 and etc. Sort code is: Private Sub Sort1() ActiveSheet.Range("A2:D14").Select Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("A2&quo...

default mail button in entourage 2008 does nothing

need a button for each row to create a graph for the data
hi, i'm hoping someone can help me as i dont have much of a clue about excel formula or macros. i have a table that contains the names of all the students in a class, the names of the tests and their score. over the year there are about 16 tests but to this point only 8 have been completed. the bottom row of the table contains the class average for the class Looks something like this: A B C D E F G H I J name test1 test2 test3 test4 test5 test6 test7 test8 joe 44 87 96 54 ...

what does the " No transport provider was available for delivery to this"
What does the error message " No transport provider was available for delivery to this recipient." usually indicate? Ive seen this a few times before, but I have a user who consistently seems to get this when he replies to an email. We are using a POP3 email service and he is replying to an Exchange server. He will occasionally get this from POP3 to POP3 as well. Im wondering what this really means when it says this? I presume he's using a version of Outlook prior to OL2002, and has both POP and Exchange in the same profile. See Microsoft Knowledgebase article number 24544...