why does wrord change the origianl date when I open a saved doc

I  do not want  word  to change  the  date of  a saved  doc when  i open it

I assume that the reason is that you have inserted a date field which shows
the system date. What you need to do is change those date fields for
createdate fields - ALT+F9 change { DATE } or { TIME \@ "d MMM yyyy" } to
{ CREATEDATE \@ "d MMM yyyy" } then F9 and ALT+F9 - and change the date in
your letterhead template so that future letters based on it show the correct
dates. The switch  \@ "d MMM yyyy" may be different at your location.

See http://www.gmayor.com/stop_automatic_date_update.htm

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"paulreed" <paulreed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I  do not want  word  to change  the  date of  a saved  doc when  i open it

0
Graham
4/16/2010 1:15:21 PM
Press Alt+F9 to display the DATE field code it should start like {Date, type
the word CREATE in front of DATE with no space {CREATEDATE.
Press Alt+F9 to toggle back then press F9 to update the field.

Hope this helps,

--
Brian McCaffery

"paulreed" wrote:

> I  do not want  word  to change  the  date of  a saved  doc when  i open it
Thank you so much for your help!!  I am not the original poster, but I sure
did benefit from your response.  It was a huge help to me at work where it
was imperative that we print out documents with the original dates.  Without
your post, I would never have been able to figure our how to make that happen.
Take care and thanks again.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

> I assume that the reason is that you have inserted a date field which shows
> the system date. What you need to do is change those date fields for
> createdate fields - ALT+F9 change { DATE } or { TIME \@ "d MMM yyyy" } to
> { CREATEDATE \@ "d MMM yyyy" } then F9 and ALT+F9 - and change the date in
> your letterhead template so that future letters based on it show the correct
> dates. The switch  \@ "d MMM yyyy" may be different at your location.
>
> See http://www.gmayor.com/stop_automatic_date_update.htm
>
> --
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
> Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
>
> My web site www.gmayor.com
> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>

> "paulreed" <paulreed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I  do not want  word  to change  the  date of  a saved  doc when  i open it
>

> .

You are welcome :)

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"galfano" <galfano@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thank you so much for your help!!  I am not the original poster, but I
> sure
> did benefit from your response.  It was a huge help to me at work where it
> was imperative that we print out documents with the original dates.
> Without
> your post, I would never have been able to figure our how to make that
> happen.
> Take care and thanks again.
>
> "Graham Mayor" wrote:
>
>> I assume that the reason is that you have inserted a date field which
>> shows
>> the system date. What you need to do is change those date fields for
>> createdate fields - ALT+F9 change { DATE } or { TIME \@ "d MMM yyyy" } to
>> { CREATEDATE \@ "d MMM yyyy" } then F9 and ALT+F9 - and change the date
>> in
>> your letterhead template so that future letters based on it show the
>> correct
>> dates. The switch  \@ "d MMM yyyy" may be different at your location.
>>
>> See http://www.gmayor.com/stop_automatic_date_update.htm
>>
>> --
>> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>> Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
>>
>> My web site www.gmayor.com
>> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
>> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>>

>> "paulreed" <paulreed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I  do not want  word  to change  the  date of  a saved  doc when  i open
>> >it
>>

>> .

0
Graham

Date display in Excel

Changing Prices in HQ.
Hi, I have this little issue. I want to change the put items on promotion using the price wizard using HQ. Unfortunately if I have stores who has differents prices for a same item the wizard do not make the proper change becuase it use the price already stored in the master table. Does anyone saw this issue before? Who was solved?. Thks in advance for your help. Rgds Rodrigo Hi there, The easiest way to look after this is to not change any data on the ITEM in HQ, but to simply do the worksheet for altering the sale price and then send it to the respective stores. Then in the works...

Outlook 2000 not opening.

Saving toolbar changes

C# Adding Days to a Date
Hello, I have 2 objects: objContract.activeon and objContract.expireson. I am trying to add 364 days to objContract.activeon and assign it to the value of objContractexpireson. ---------------------------------------------------------- // Contract Start Date DateTime dt = DateTime.Now; objContract.activeon = new CrmDateTime(); int iFound = 0; string sTemp = ""; if (objAccount.paymenttermscode.Value == 1) // due on receipt - use Todays Date { objContract.activeon = objInvoice.CFDinvoicedate; } else // ...

Separating Date and Time in a cell

Changing query execution sequence

Errors saving to network drive

Publisher can not save file

Automatic changes in cells

date function #3

Opening Multiple Web Links in a Column

Saving #5
Is there a way of speeding up saves in excel or a way to condense the size of a workbook. Jason, This link can help with the size issue... http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlfaqApp.html#Unused Item 2d is the one you want. Regards, Jim Cone San Francisco, USA "Jason Zischke" <JasonZischke@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:18CCEA1F-2479-4ED9-A5F6-21B781D0F403@microsoft.com... > Is there a way of speeding up saves in excel or a way to condense the size of > a workbook. ...

Cannot Drag Open Desktop Screen
Hi: I have a friend running XP MCE (2005) SP3 and he cannot drag an open screen on his desktop by Left clicking and holding cursor on the top of screen. Any suggestions as to how to remedy this problem of not being able to drag a screen will be appreciated Thanks, ColTom2. On Sun, 14 Mar 2010 16:48:43 -0400, "ColTom2" <noemailaddress@nomail.com> wrote: >Hi: > > I have a friend running XP MCE (2005) SP3 and he cannot drag an open >screen on his desktop by Left clicking and holding cursor on the top of >screen. > > A...