Why can't I edit header/footer in Word 2007?

Document was created using a template and saved as 1997-2003 file. I cannot
edit header/footer (it only displays Remove Header/Footer) and cannot insert
New Comment. Have had this problem more than once and usually fixed it by
copy/paste to a new template but this time the procedure does not work.

Live Maps for Outlook 2007 Not loading--no errors
I can't seem to get the Live Maps for Outlook plug-in working. I downloaded and installed the most recent version, and everything appears to install ok. No errors or strange messages during installation. I made sure that Outlook is fully closed when installing it, then start up Outlook after it's done. When I create a new appointment item, nothing shows up relating to Maps in the ribbon bar (but the screenshot on thedownload page clearly shows what should be appearing when running Outlook 2007). It's just not loading or something. It's been several weeks now trying to fi...

VBA Event Procedures won't run in Access 2007
For some strange reason none of my Event Procedures are running in my access database. I can use macros for events just fine, but if I want to use a VBA event procedure nothing happens. If I put breakpoints in at any event in the VBA code, I never see a single one come up. What is going on here? Do I have to enable VBA somewhere in Access 2007? I'm really pulling my hair out with this one. Thanks for any help! -mindseye11 See this page for a nice explanation: http://www.access.qbuilt.com/html/trust_center.html -- Jeff Conrad - Access Junkie - MVP Alumni SDET - XAS Services - Microsoft...

Edit a group of cells with a macro
I have imported data from another program which combines numeric and alpha characters into a single cell. I need to split the numeric data into one column and the alpha characters into an adjacent column. I copied the imported column into the adjacent column, then went to first column and created a macro which deletes the first 7 characters (the numeric values). When I run the macro on other cells it takes the information from the very first cell and keeps repeating it. What am I doing wrong? Hi! Can you post a few examples of the data you want to separate? Al -- Message posted from h...

GridView editing mode calling databind
I have a GridView that has about 500 rows in . The rows have a command field on it are editable. The problem is that everytime I press the edit button, it does a query of the database to get the same data it already has. This is slowing things down. I already have it going slow because it has to redraw the GridView to open up the row and display the textboxes. Is there a way to just move the data from the lables of that row to the text boxes and just display the changed row and not go the database? Thanks, Tom On Feb 10, 12:26=A0am, "tshad" <t...@d...

word to excel #4
The problem with using excel is that most of the staff don�t have it an the one that do panic :confused: , they are not a very IT focused grou (understatement of the year) -- over_worked_Ro ----------------------------------------------------------------------- over_worked_Rob's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1559 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27149 ...

Need help getting contacts into word for mail merge
I've exported my outlook contacts to a file on my desktop to use for mail merge, and when I try to set up a new profile in Word (during the mail merge wizard), I keep getting this message: "Unable to obtain list of tables from the data source." How do I set my Outlook Contacts as the source for mail merge to pull files from. I'm so frustrated with this program! BTW, is outlook Contacts stored as "outlook.pst" ? That's the file I exported to my desktop. I don't know if this makes a difference, but my MS Office 2002 is actually on my D drive, not my C d...

Launching executables from within PowerPoint 2007
Hi, I am running Office 2007 on Windows 7. From within a PowerPoint 2007 presentation I am calling an executable (.EXE) to do something, and then return to the PowerPoint slide. The EXE file is entered into the PowerPoint 2007 slide as an object and this object is activated by the "Activate Contents" option (PowerPoint animation option). However, Windows 7 security presents a warning message with a dialog. See attached image for an example of what it look like when I try to run an executable from within PowerPoint 2007. This warning message is generated by the...

Code to fill Word form for multiple records from Access
This is the code I've been working with, but it freezes Access: Private Sub Command66_Click() 'Print Physician Profile. Dim appWord As Word.Application Dim doc As Word.Document 'Avoid error 429, when Word isn't open. On Error Resume Next Err.Clear 'Set appWord object variable to running instance of Word. Set appWord = GetObject(, "Word.Application") If Err.Number <> 0 Then 'If Word isn't open, create a new instance of Word. Set appWord = New Word.Application End If Set rs = Db.OpenRecordset rst.Open Me.RecordSource, CurrentProject.Co...

Money 2006 Canadian Edition won't Forcast CashFlow they removed the feature unannounced this year
Hello, I am having fun ... microsoft has made the US deluxe version incompatable with the Canadian version of Money and as of yet they are not producing a Deluxe version for Canadian users. Every two years I get the new version of MS Money for Canadian users and this year they decided to pull out the 'forecast cashflow' feature unannounced. That feature was the main reason (only reason almost) that I was purchasing MS Money. I have gotten useful reports out of MS Money 2006 Canadian version, but every time I restart it the useful reports seem to get deleted from my favorites ...

Common word in line
I am analyzing a report with about 10000 transactions (Cheques paid) and I want to know which lines contains the word "Rent" or "Rental". Any help would be very much appreciated. Fernando Gomez Assuming your transactions are in col. A, put this in col. B and fill down: =IF(SUM(COUNTIF(A1,{"*rent*","*rental*"}))>0,1,"") Any row with a 1 next to it is means "rent" or "rental" appears. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I am analyzing a report with about 10000 transactions (Cheques paid) and ...

Need an UPPERCASE format ability in Excel just like Word
I use MS Excel 2003. Microsoft should update the Excel program to include the same ability Format->UPPERCASE that is built into MS Word 2003. A user should simply have the ability to highlight the selected cells and then Format->UPPERCASE and then all text within the cells should uppercase. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsof...

How do I remove a combo box in Excel 2007
I have excel 2003 at work and I inserted a combo box (I think that is what it is called) with a drop down menu. I am at home now using a computer with Excel 2007 and I want to remove this Combo Box, but I can't find the tool bar (control box?) that I used to create/edit it. This is quite frustrating. Can anyone tell me where it is please? I want to remove this box. You have to show the developer's tab on the ribbon. That's under the office button|excel options. It's a checkbox in the top section of the Popular category. Then look in the Developer's group on the ribbon. ...

In a word doucument that is a copy of a newspaper article where do you put the copyright symbol
This is some what related to the previous question about a font. (I've since found out its a custom built version). I have a Copy (with permission of the newspaper) of an Article, about a cousin of mine that was in WWII. I've been given permission to post it on my website from the Paper. They've even given me a Banner to use in jpeg format. I have saved it in PNG. since it a copyrighted article (I assume since I had to get permission), where do you put the copyright symbol? at: top left, top right, bottom right or left. And I supposed I will have to give notice of...

Email
I use Word as my email format. How do I display the horizontal ruler on a new email message I'm trying to send? ...

Access 2007 graph/chart
I have created an access graph in Microsoft Office XP Professional using a union query. I have now moved the database into Access 2007. When I look at the graph in design view everything is fine. When I switch to form view, the window around the graph is present but no graph. If I click on the window, the graph appears as seen in design view (correct). How can I make the graph load properly? Is this a focus issue? Would appreciate any help. Thanks. Arnold ...

"Bank Balance" in MS Money 2007 Incorrect
Using MS Money 2007 I d/l an OCX statement that incroeectly went to my savings account instead of my checking account. I deleted the incorrect transactions, but there is still something that says "Bank Balance" at the top of my account register with an incorrect total for the account. I have successfully balanced this account with my paper statements sine then, and I know that account balance is correct. This bank balance item does not even appear on my other accounts and does not affect my ability to balance this account, so if possible, I'd just liek to get rid of it. Any sugg...

How do I delete attachments from received emails in Outlook 2007?
In Outlook 2003 you can click on an attachment in an email that you have received and delete or remove it. It doesn't seem that this is possible in Outlook 2007. It still works in 2007. Open message, right click on attachment. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM How ...

Signatures on Outlook 2007
I have been using signatures on emails for years but suddenly when collating a message the signature has gone. I have gone through the Options - Message Format - Signatures route but when I check the two email accounts each are showing 'none' regarding signatures. When I click New, the new signature window pops up asking for a name for the new signature. I type in a name and click OK but nothing happens. Help.... What are you expecting? After creating a signature you can assign it to an account by using the drop down list that is not set to "none". -- Robe...

Some messages in Outlook 2007 appear empty
Hello, I guess I am not the only one to face this issue. For some reason, some messages in outlook 2007 sent to me appear empty (without body); there is subject, CC: etc but no body of the message. When the message is sent to someone else besides me, the other person will see the content. Even when double clicked or saved to file, there is no body. Is there a way to fix this? I have no solution but am attempting to solve same issue. I have noticed that these message without content are generally from someone who has replied to my message sent to them. Additionally my email server is runni...

Outlook 2007: Open email/RSS links in reading pane?
Hi all, is it possible to somehow tweak or install a third-party addin, or write my own, so that links open inside the reading pane? It will be really cool if I could read the whole RSS articles or open links others mail me without leaving Outlook. It _should_ be possible somehow... Thanks very very much in advance! Links, no. Attachments, possibly, once we get a previewer for HTML. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ ...

bubble chart
Hi ... Have about 10 bubbles there. Need to format data labels of ALL 10 bubbles at the same time. (I wanna select Alignment > label position > center, that means moving all 10 data labels to the center of the bubbles) Any method that i can do it in one go, without the need to select and format it one by one ? Using Excel 2002. Thanks. Hi, If the bubbles are all different series then no. You can reduce the time by using F4 which will repeat the command. So format one data label and then select another and press F4. Cheers Andy dstdst123@excite.com wrote: > Hi ... > >...

Word as Email Editor #3
In order to use the Auto Signature function in outlook 97, we have had to disable the Word E-Mail Editor. We have found that this can be done through Tools | Options | Email or Tools | Use Word as the E-Mail Editor (in both instances, removing the tick out of the checkbox). However, the problem we are faced with is that everytime you resart a pc, the check boxes are again ticked and the auto signature doesn't work. Any Ideas??? ...

Word should have a popup window so I can drop some notes...
For instance, right now I am working on a presentation and I am surfing the internet to find some information. As I was looking, I found a couple of quotes I liked and so I made a little text box for a quick reference to some good quotes I found. It would be nice if there was a little popup window to place some good information that ties itself to the docx file when saved. I could imagine people using this for jotting down some thoughts of how they want to end their essays or what have you. Just a thought. :D ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Mic...

FYI: Open Word doc without unwanted messages
With the help of Doug Steele (thanks!) I was able to create a function to open Word docs more smoothly. Maybe it can be of use to someone else. See below for code and comments. Lars Function fOpenWordDoc(strFullPath As String) On Error GoTo Err_Handler 'Purpose: Open/BringToFront Word document without unwanted messages 'Comment: This function either opens a Word document or, ' if already opened by the user, brings it to front. ' Bringing it to front and not re-opening the Word ' document, prevents the default Word dial...

Live Charts in PPT 2007
Is it possible to do the following: 1. Create an Excel Spreadsheet in PPT 2. Create a chart from the data in that spreadsheet 3. Link the embedded spreadsheet to the chart so that data changed in the PPT reflects in the chart. 4. In presentation mode, keep the spreadsheet live to that I can change data and have it reflect in the chart without dropping out of presentation mode? I do a lot of sales presentations and I'm hoping to be able to update information on the fly without "going behind the curtain." Thank you. 1. Yes. 2. Yes. 3. Yes. 4. Don'...