Where is the Keep Text Formatting feature located in Word 07

I believe this Keep Text Formatting feature might be what I need, but I have
been unable to locate exactly where it is located in Word 2007. I'm trying to
rid a Word document sent to me of tables, text boxes, graphics and all other
document formatting, while retaining the document's text content. It is
unimportant to me whether the text formatting is retained or not. Thanks.

Are you referring to a Keep Text Formatting feature in an earlier
version of Word?

I wonder whether what you're looking for is "Paste Unformatted," since
you seem to be saying you _don't_ want to preserve various aspects of
formatting.

On Jan 1, 3:58=A0pm, TechLearner <TechLear...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> I believe this Keep Text Formatting feature might be what I need, but I h=
ave
> been unable to locate exactly where it is located in Word 2007. I'm tryin=
g to
> rid a Word document sent to me of tables, text boxes, graphics and all ot=
her
> document formatting, while retaining the document's text content. It is
> unimportant to me whether the text formatting is retained or not. Thanks.

0
Peter
1/1/2010 9:12:33 PM
If you are looking for the Paste Unformatted option, as Peter Daniels
describes below, then on the Home tab, click the arrow below the Paste
button, click Paste Special, and then select "Unformatted Text".

If you prefer to make unformatted text your default Paste action then:

- Click the Office Button, click Word Options, then click Advanced.
- In the Cut, Copy, and Paste section you'll find some options for your
default paste action for pasting.
- Set the applicable option (or all of them if you'd like) to "Keep Text
only".

~Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

"Peter T. Daniels" <grammatim@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Are you referring to a Keep Text Formatting feature in an earlier
> version of Word?
>
> I wonder whether what you're looking for is "Paste Unformatted," since
> you seem to be saying you _don't_ want to preserve various aspects of
> formatting.
>
> On Jan 1, 3:58 pm, TechLearner <TechLear...@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
>> I believe this Keep Text Formatting feature might be what I need, but I
>> have
>> been unable to locate exactly where it is located in Word 2007. I'm
>> trying to
>> rid a Word document sent to me of tables, text boxes, graphics and all
>> other
>> document formatting, while retaining the document's text content. It is
>> unimportant to me whether the text formatting is retained or not. Thanks.

0
Beth
1/1/2010 9:56:35 PM
As Peter and Beth have pointed out, there are ways to paste unformatted text
either by specific choice or as a default, but if you are asking
specifically about the "Keep Text Formatting" option on a popup menu, then I
think you're asking about the Paste Options button, which perhaps you don't
have enabled in Word 2007. That setting is at Office Button | Word Options |
Advanced: Cut, copy, and paste.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"TechLearner" <TechLearner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I believe this Keep Text Formatting feature might be what I need, but I
>have
> been unable to locate exactly where it is located in Word 2007. I'm trying
> rid a Word document sent to me of tables, text boxes, graphics and all
> other
> document formatting, while retaining the document's text content. It is
> unimportant to me whether the text formatting is retained or not. Thanks.

0
Suzanne
1/1/2010 10:13:01 PM
And if you don't want to change your default settings when pasting (I
did, as 99% of the time, I want either unformatted or destination
formatted), you can paste the content, and then click on the glue
bottle icon right below where you ahve pasted, to select text only (no
formatting). For your purposes, you could select the entire document
(Ctrl+A), then cut or copy, then paste it again, to see that bottle of
glue icon.

On Jan 1, 12:58=A0pm, TechLearner
<TechLear...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I believe this Keep Text Formatting feature might be what I need, but I h=
ave
> been unable to locate exactly where it is located in Word 2007. I'm tryin=
g to
> rid a Word document sent to me of tables, text boxes, graphics and all ot=
her
> document formatting, while retaining the document's text content. It is
> unimportant to me whether the text formatting is retained or not. Thanks.

0
PRR
1/2/2010 5:56:46 AM
What you're describing is the Paste Options button, which I believe is what
the OP is not seeing.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"PRR" <psaulm119@aim.com> wrote in message
And if you don't want to change your default settings when pasting (I
did, as 99% of the time, I want either unformatted or destination
formatted), you can paste the content, and then click on the glue
bottle icon right below where you ahve pasted, to select text only (no
formatting). For your purposes, you could select the entire document
(Ctrl+A), then cut or copy, then paste it again, to see that bottle of
glue icon.

On Jan 1, 12:58 pm, TechLearner
<TechLear...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I believe this Keep Text Formatting feature might be what I need, but I
> have
> been unable to locate exactly where it is located in Word 2007. I'm trying
> rid a Word document sent to me of tables, text boxes, graphics and all
> other
> document formatting, while retaining the document's text content. It is
> unimportant to me whether the text formatting is retained or not. Thanks.

0
Suzanne
1/2/2010 2:43:24 PM
I'm having trouble getting rid of  box shaped bullets.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

> As Peter and Beth have pointed out, there are ways to paste unformatted text
> either by specific choice or as a default, but if you are asking
> specifically about the "Keep Text Formatting" option on a popup menu, then I
> think you're asking about the Paste Options button, which perhaps you don't
> have enabled in Word 2007. That setting is at Office Button | Word Options |
> Advanced: Cut, copy, and paste.
>
> --
> Suzanne S. Barnhill
> Microsoft MVP (Word)
> Words into Type
> Fairhope, Alabama USA
> http://word.mvps.org
>
> "TechLearner" <TechLearner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I believe this Keep Text Formatting feature might be what I need, but I
> >have
> > been unable to locate exactly where it is located in Word 2007. I'm trying
> > rid a Word document sent to me of tables, text boxes, graphics and all
> > other
> > document formatting, while retaining the document's text content. It is
> > unimportant to me whether the text formatting is retained or not. Thanks.
> >

> .

Are you wanting some other kind of bullets or no bullets at all?

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"C. Carter" <C. Carter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm having trouble getting rid of  box shaped bullets.
>
> "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
>
>> As Peter and Beth have pointed out, there are ways to paste unformatted
>> text
>> either by specific choice or as a default, but if you are asking
>> specifically about the "Keep Text Formatting" option on a popup menu,
>> then I
>> think you're asking about the Paste Options button, which perhaps you
>> don't
>> have enabled in Word 2007. That setting is at Office Button | Word
>> Options |
>> Advanced: Cut, copy, and paste.
>>
>> --
>> Suzanne S. Barnhill
>> Microsoft MVP (Word)
>> Words into Type
>> Fairhope, Alabama USA
>> http://word.mvps.org
>>
>> "TechLearner" <TechLearner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I believe this Keep Text Formatting feature might be what I need, but I
>> >have
>> > been unable to locate exactly where it is located in Word 2007. I'm
>> > trying
>> > rid a Word document sent to me of tables, text boxes, graphics and all
>> > other
>> > document formatting, while retaining the document's text content. It is
>> > unimportant to me whether the text formatting is retained or not.
>> > Thanks.
>> >

>> .

0
Suzanne
1/2/2010 10:18:20 PM
Suzanne, earlier you wrote:
<<<<As Peter and Beth have pointed out, there are ways to paste
unformatted text
either by specific choice or as a default, but if you are asking
specifically about the "Keep Text Formatting" option on a popup menu,
then I
think you're asking about the Paste Options button, which perhaps you
don't
have enabled in Word 2007. That setting is at Office Button | Word
Options |
Advanced: Cut, copy, and paste.>>>>

Not too sure I understand your reply to me.

On Jan 2, 6:43=A0am, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" <sbarnh...@mvps.org> wrote:
> What you're describing is the Paste Options button, which I believe is wh=
at
> the OP is not seeing.
>
> --
> Suzanne S. Barnhill
> Microsoft MVP (Word)
> Words into Type
> Fairhope, Alabama USAhttp://word.mvps.org

0
PRR
1/3/2010 4:04:35 AM
I assumed from your description of its behavior that by the "bottle of glue
icon" you were referring to the Paste Options button, but since it actually
looks like a clipboard, I don't know what you're talking about.

--

On Jan 2, 6:43 am, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" <sbarnh...@mvps.org> wrote:
> What you're describing is the Paste Options button, which I believe is
> what
> the OP is not seeing.
>
> --
> Suzanne S. Barnhill
> Microsoft MVP (Word)
> Words into Type
> Fairhope, Alabama USAhttp://word.mvps.org

0
Suzanne

Help formatting a workbook into a webpage
Hello, I have a workbook that I would like to publish to my website. When I do a file/save as webpage the images are way too large for my browser. Does anyone know if there is a way to "reformatt" the sheets to save in a smaller size? Thanks in advance. ...

Cell format and lookups
Hi Group, I have a time sheet which logs skills of those on duty. Cell formatting is applied to the duty skill manager to easily distinguish him on the time sheet. I have created reference tables with links to these sheets and then use lookups linked to a scroll bar to create a static master table so managers are able to view skills available spanning the whole year. The problem is that the formatting I use to show the duty manager is of course not carried over to the master table. Is it possible to read the original cell formatting and apply it to the master table created by the lookups. ...

Format a certain column
I would like to format a certain column, meaning for example the 5th column from the left to be seen. This should not automatically be the E-column!! If for example the B and C column are hidden, I want the format to be for the G-column. Does anybody have an idea how to do that?? Thanks, Teresa, By "format," you mean use a certain fill color, or something like that (the Excel meaning of "format")? If so, a macro will have to do it if columns are being hidden and unhidden, deleted and inserted, and the formatting must change dynamically. -- Earl Kiosterud www.smoke...

Text wrap in Publisher 2003
Hi all! Doesn't Publisher 2003 recognize automatically white areas around pictures like Publisher 2000 when using text wrap around the picture? Only way to do this automatically - that I know - is to save picture with Alpha Channel. EB Publisher 2003 works the same as 2000, just a little more manual work. With bitmaps you have to adjust the wrap points, but there are far fewer and the points are exactly where you put them. In 2000 the wrap points were arbitrarily placed, line art images end up with large numbers of wrap points at times. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microso...

Text boxes
I have code that creates a graphic and text boxes automatically. But when I try add drag the text box over the graphic its is masked by the graph and does not go "on top of it". I don't understand why because when I manually draw a text box and drag it over the graph it shows? I checked the properties and they are the same. WHat could be worng? Thanks B. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Checked the z-order of the respective objects? -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Offic...

Recurring error in Word 2007
Hi, I am using Word 2007. While typing in a document, I get the following recurring error: "Microsoft Office Word can't open the thesaurus. Microsoft Office Word cannot install the necessary files due to Windows Installer error 1605. This action is only valid for products that are currently installed." I do not know what causes the error and have no idea how to prevent it. Any help you can give me will be appreciated. Thank you. What I do in these situations is Google the error message (or the key = words therein.) The solution provided below, although it ...

Exporting email with atachment to text file
I would lke to have a backup of all my email in a pure text form. Many years ago I used Netscape email, and the entire mail file was pur text; attachments followed the message and were encoded in base64. I could always retrieve my email (with a little effort) by cuting and pasting, and using uuencode to retrieve the binary form of the attachment. Is there any way to do this in Outlook? I have recently encountered difficulties with different versions of Outook at home and work, so would like to avoid problems like this in the future by having a purely text email file. TIA <dtshedd@yah...

Linked Excel table with forced text wrap
I have an Excel table linked to Access. The text in Excel is forced to wrap (I've tried both Alt-Enter and using Char(10) in an expression - same result). Char(10) or Alt/enter code shows up as a little box in Excel with no forced wrap. Any ideas? Here's the text in Excel (shows up as text, not dates) "12/12/05 1/03/06 3/22/06" Here's what I get in Access 12/12/05(little box)1/03/06(little box)(little box)3/22/06 ...

Account format change #3
GP 9 framework length = 14 4 segments 3-4-4-3 seg 3 natural current useage length 11 1-3-4.3 in a test environment under tools setup acct format made the changes so that length = 14 seg1=3 seg2 =4 no change to seg3 or 4 this keeps us within the framework and saved ex acct 0-401-5000-399 became 0ss-401s-5000-399 s=space I then ran the prof tools modifier final acct 000-0401-5000-399 with the actindx of 0-401-5000-399 = to the new acct 000-0401-5000-399 only results that I have an issue with so far is the gl40200 the 2 segments that were changed had both in the table and the new longer segm...

Multiple BackEnd Files
I'm considering breaking our backend file into multiple files. The only way I've read to do so will break any relationship between files, which would be a chore to relink. That technique involved creating multiple be files, then importing the appropriate tables into each from the un-split original file, then delete the original tables from the un-split original file. 2 questions: 1) What's your opinions on the benefits of multiple-file backend vs single-file backend? (I have at least 1 set of tables that need to be separate for privacy concerns) b) What technique can be used...

How to set default delimiter for text files...
Hello, Database produces output files as text delimited files with CSV extension. Problem is that different versions of ms excel has different default delimiter: comma or semicolon. How to configure ms-excel: default field separator (delimiter), to be the same on all workstations opening these files ? Open must be full automatic - just by clicking CSV file in the explorer, users are not a gurus.. Thanks and regards, GG On Thu, 8 Jul 2004 13:33:21 +0200, "GG" <iksio1@no_spam.gazeta.pl> wrote: >Hello, > >Database produces output files as text delimited files with C...

Need a Header in APA Format
I can create a header with a title aligned to the left, but when I want to put the page no. on the same line as the title aligned to the right, the page no. is added, but makes the title disappear. Can't figure out how to avoid the title disappearing. Help! Don't add a page number building block; instead, choose "Current position" and insert a plain page number. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "SELoyd" <SELoyd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3E6103F5...

wrong format for month in cell
Hi all, Using Excel 2003 on Windows XP Pro. sp2 I have a date in a cell like this 03/01/2008. let say cell B1 Under format cell; Category = Date , Type = *03/14/2008 In another cell I have a formula like this; =MONTH(B1) Under format cell; Category = Custom, Type = mmmm the result = January. what??? I want it to be March, don't understand why it thinks 01 = month? Not sure why it would not be; 03 = month, 01 = Day, 2008 = year Will on top of wanting the correct format that I mentioned for month above, I also need it be be the previous months name? so the value in the c...

Too many cell formats #2
I have a set of spreadsheets that I am unable to change the format of any cells. When I try to change the background color, font or font size, an error message pops up saying there are too many cell formats. I really want to avoid having to re-create all of these spreadsheets. Please help. Thank you. Excel has a built in limit to the number of cell formats. You have reached that limit. As the message indicates, you cannot use any additional cell formats. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "wsdanalyst" <...

How can I translate text in many cells of an Excel sheet from English to Greek with VBA
Hi all, I have a spreadsheet with thousands of rows and columns of text that I'd like to translate into Greek. Can anyone tell me how I might do that using VBA with some free service or API online? Many thanks in advance. Kim Kim wrote, on 01st March 2012 00:11 UTC + 1 : > Hi all, > > I have a spreadsheet with thousands of rows and columns of text that > I'd like to translate into Greek. > > Can anyone tell me how I might do that using VBA with some free > service or API online? > > Many thanks in advance. > > Kim Hello, This is a quite classical...

I'm stumped, splitting up a clump of text into useable information
Here's the problem: The products we sell have a product name, each product has one or more grades of the product (which usually relate to the quality of it) for each grade we have a package size and a unique number called a "SKU" that identifies that grade and package size in our system. I need to take the source code of a page with all of this information and turn it into an excel sheet with columns titled "product" "grade" "packaging" "sku" for each of the grades. The format of the html source code throws in all sorts of charact...

Cannot associate .doc files with Word 2007 on Windows 7
I have Word 2007. I double click a doc file and a dialog opens asking me which program to open it with. Word is not among the options. So I click "Always use the selected program ..."and then go into "Browse ..." find my Offce12 folder and the winword.exe file, select it, and ... nothing happens. Doc files continue to have no association. So I tried the built-in diagnostics on Word 2007, and it was ok. Then I tried "winword /r" to re-register Word 2007. It seemed to run to completion, but it made no difference. I cannot associate doc files with...

Importing a spreadsheet into MS Word
I have just upgraded my machine to MS Office 2003 and was wondering if there is anyway to import an Excel spreadsheet into a Word document? Could someone please let me know. Thanks Geordieboy -- Maybe just select your range, then copy|paste??? geordieboy wrote: > > I have just upgraded my machine to MS Office 2003 and was wondering if there > is anyway to import an Excel spreadsheet into a Word document? Could someone > please let me know. > > Thanks > > Geordieboy > -- -- Dave Peterson ...

How to access CRM data from MS Word
I watched in a power point presentation downloaded from MS website that you can access your CRM data from MS word to make well formatted offers for your customers. There was an area on the right with CRM data in it and you can chose the data you want then inset it into the word document. Any idea how to make this. On May 10, 3:21 pm, Maged Assabri <MagedAssa...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I watched in a power point presentation downloaded from MS website that you > can access your CRM data from MS word to make well formatted offers for your > customers. > Ther...

imported impromtu report date issue
I am saving a cognos imrpomtu report in excel but not formatted up by report writer. It is giving me trouble in date fileds maybe. I need to understand that excel is reading date right I think the filed is orginally a date and time but not sure. Do I use a formula to fix or secire this date or do I just format as date in excel. If I format date and time I get the time as 12am un all fields so i assume from this no time was exported wow- thanks Hi What does the date field show in Excel, when formatted as General? Andy. "Todd F." <ToddF@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

Column/Row Formating
I am using Office XP which inclued Excel 2002; my problem is my row/column formating will occasionally change without any input from me. I have several cells merged and do not have width set to adjust for the amount of text,just text wrap. Any ideas, I have to keep correcting my formats. Thanks, Gary C. Gary Merged cells will allow "wrap text" from Format>Cells>Alignment but.......... Excel has a problem auto-fitting merged cells. You can resize manually or via Macro. Jim Rech has written code for this. http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=e1%241uzL1BHA.1784%40tkm...

Word crashes printing some docs
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Just this week Word crashes when I give a print command for an older .doc (created in 2007) that printed just fine last week. It's one page, no images, just text. Other (newer?) documents can be printed without a problem. Any suggestions about how to get the old doc to print again? Thanks. The most common cause of crash on print is lack of updates... Not only Office & OS X but equally important -- perhaps even more so -- the printer driver. This is true regardless of whether 'some files' or 's...

pasting linked excel cell and maintaining formatting no matter wha
I am linked pasting a data cell from Excel into Word. I am using the paste special, paste link: unformatted text I make adjustments to the font and font size in Word. I goto Excel, and I modify the text in the cell and go back to Word and it changes. How can I get the formatting to stay the same, no matter what? In Word, make sure to modify the *paragraph style* applied to text. That way you would prevent any unexpected changes when the OLE link is updated. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "JEB" wrote: > I am linked pasting a data cell from Exce...

2003 .ade "unrecognized format" error
I had a 2000 .adp file that I converted to a 2003 .adp file. It converted correctly to 2003 and works perfectly. The code compiled and I then created a .ade file. The .ade file created without any errors. But when I try to open the .ade file I get the error: "The database is in an unrecognized format" and then it never opens. I have opened up MS Access 2003 and then file -> Open the .ade file and it still gives me the error. Has anyone had this problem before, and if so, is there a fix for it? Thank you for your time, T.J. ...

Copy Folders and it's content from a text file.
I have a script that searches a drive for a specific folder name and writes to a text file with the path. I would like to create a sub routine to then read the text and make a copy of that folder and contents to a USB Hard drive. (If possible with a progress bar to show me the status of the copy operation . ) Here is a copy of the code that I'm using. Thank you all in advance. -Jeremy Code: Set objRegEx = CreateObject("VBScript.RegExp") Set objFSO=CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") Set objFile=objFSO.CreateTextFile("C:\SearchLog.txt&quo...