Where is the A3 page size in Word 2007?

A3 page size doesn't appear in my drop down menu. Where is it? as I want to
insert an A3 document in my report.

The selection of paper sizes is provided by the printer driver. Is your
printer capable of printing A3?

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Alex" <Alex@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> A3 page size doesn't appear in my drop down menu. Where is it? as I want
> insert an A3 document in my report.

-1
Suzanne
11/20/2009 5:43:57 AM
Well, select printer>drop down menu for NAME:> choose Microsoft XPS Document
Writer>ok.  This will then bring up the option :) hope this helped

"Alex" wrote:

> A3 page size doesn't appear in my drop down menu. Where is it? as I want to
> insert an A3 document in my report.

Footer on page 1 only
Trying to print a workbook with a custom footer on page one only. Anyone know how to? Hi You need a macro to do this http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm#Header -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl <flowry@amgen.com> wrote in message news:8DE457A0-CB8A-4FC1-972A-84012351C19D@microsoft.com... > Trying to print a workbook with a custom footer on page one only. Anyone know how to? Thanks a million Thanks for the macro direction on inserting a footer on page one only. Would you know how to insert multiple line footer via that macro as it will not accept c...

Excel 2007 and large spreadsheets
I have a user that doesn't want to move to Excel 2007 from 2003 due to what he describes as "Specifically, my analytical tasks often involve creating very large spreadsheets (>100 MB) for data processing. I found that Excel 2007 tended to freeze up or calculate indefinitely when working with such large spreadsheets, and therefore was unsatisfactory for my needs". I can't find anything that addresses this type of issue. -- Len Robinson Manager, IT Helpdesk SkyTerra LP Len, type in:- EXCEL Specifications And Limits - on an F1 search within EXCEL 2007...

sending mail from Word to OWA: screenshots gone
Environment: Exchange 2003, OWA, Outlook 2003, Word 2003. We are having issues with pictures in emails. A user writes a text in Word and adds screenshots. He then sends the text, not as attachment but as message body. In Outlook: all screenshots are visible. In OWA: some screenshots are gone. I already discovered a difference: when screenshots are added as inline objects, they are visible in OWA. If they are in front of text (or some other kind of floating layout), they are invisible. Also when this email is forwarded from within OWA, other pictures become invisible. However they are still...

Cant use word as e-mail editor
If I check Word as e-mail editor in Outlook options, I get following message: "This form requires Word as your e-mail editor, but Word is either busy or cannot be found. The form will be opened in the Outlook editor instead." I de- and re-installed Office XP complete but issue is still occuring. If you open Word, normally, does it run? >-----Original Message----- >If I check Word as e-mail editor in Outlook options, >I get following message: "This form requires Word as your >e-mail editor, but Word is either busy or cannot be >found. The form will be open...

problems in mailing from word via outlook all 2007
I cannot mail anything from any program, outlook 2007 does not start if i click on send email. Also i cannot mail from word, excel etc. There is no error message. I had the same problem once in office 2003 and had to run fixmapi. I cannot find it on my computer now (vista and office 2007) Is there an other way to rebuild MAPI Thanks Hans hans <hans_jeucken@hotmail.com> wrote: > I cannot mail anything from any program, outlook 2007 does not start > if i click on send email. > Also i cannot mail from word, excel etc. There is no error message. Unless Outlook is running, ...

Possible problem receiving email in Outlook 2007
Hi everyone, I belong to a college that has their own email system. They have limited "features" associated with their system; however, I'm able to have my student emails not only going to the inbox at the college, but also my Outlook 2007 (non-college) email address. What I'm hoping to do is take my emails (the one's I want to save) from folders within the school's email system and forward them to my Outlook address. I tried to forward emails, but it changes the email message and attachment (if there is one) to an .eml attachment. I don't receiv...

Publisher documents turning into Word documents.
When I have saved a Publisher document (a calendar) to a new folder, it turns into an unreadable Word document. Why? What can I do? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=ab5bbe4b-3879-4800-b0dd-...

Clearing Form Content in Word 2007
Does anyone know how to clear the contents of a form in Word 2007? Create the form as a template and then use File New and select that template each time you want an empty form. -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services on a paid professional basis. "caehgar" <caehgar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA9A2941-7C23-4983-B4DE-C32F877757CF@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know how to clear the contents of a form in Word 2007? ...

Word 2007 crashes suddenly on my Vista computer
Word 2007 had been working just fine until recently. Now, every time I try to open a Word document, the program closes and I get the following error codes. I tried the fix on the Microsoft site that deletes the data key but it did not work. I really need to have Word functioning again! Thanks. Problem signature: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: WINWORD.EXE Application Version: 12.0.6514.5000 Application Timestamp: 4a89d533 Fault Module Name: PROPSYS.dll Fault Module Version: 7.0.6002.18005 Fault Module Timestamp: 49e037d7 Exception Code: c000000...

Copy a graph within a workbook in Excel 2007
I have an user who is trying to copy a graph and data onto a new worksheet in a workbook. The problem is that the graph points back to the original worksheet and we need it to point to the new one. Does anyone have any ideas on how to accomplish this? I can send a sample workbook to anyone who would like to see what is happening. I was unable to replicate the users problem until he sent me an example. Just to hold off those who say use Move or Copy function, this only works when copying to a new workbook and not within a workbook. If the chart is embedded on the sheet with the data, it...

Publisher 2003 file won't open properly in 2007
I emailed my friend a Pub 2003 file but he cannot open it properly in Pub 2007 on his Computer. (OS Vista SP.2). The file has 2 pages but only the first page will show, and the images & text boxes are blank with diagonal dotted crosses. But he also has Pub 2003 on his computer & the file opens fine in that. How can he open the 2003 file in 2007 to show everything & convert it to Pub 2007? There's probably an easy answer but we can't figure it out. TIA John Could have something to do with printers. Select a different default printer in the Printer Folder, open Pu...

Banding when printing Gradients in Excel 2007
I use complex spreadsheets with macros to report company sales data. The reports were created in Excel 2002. When I print the charts from 2002, they print fine... text is crisp and gradients are gradients. When I print the same charts in Excel 2007, the gradients don't print. Rather I get a series of four distinct color bands. The lines and text are also not crisp but rather jagged. We use a color "powerhouse" laser printer -- Gestener aka Ricoh (too many copies to print on an inkjet). Has anyone had this problem? Anyone know of a fix? ...

Sharing a workbook in excel 2007
I have a workbook that i have created in excel 2007 with macros. I need to allow sharing now. I understand macros can not be viewed or edited which is fine. When I click on share workbook, it says the file needs to be saved and I click on ok, then I get a message that says the file is no longer shared and it never allows for sharing. Is there something I am missing? Do i have to delete the macros? Can someone please help as I need to allow two users in this workbook at the sametime and I have tried everything. Thank you! ...

word 2007 document prints every other line of text.
word 2007 document started printing every other line of type as of yesterday. Document shows okay in print preview, but prints incorrectly. If Print Preview appears OK and you are using an Inkjet printer, I would suspect that you have a problem with the ink nozzles in the printer. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "bh" <bh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C2A0B201-CA31-4482-B538-B...

Is Front Page discontinued?
Is Front Page discontinued? if yes, what is the replacement MS product for designing websites? mac Just to clarify. also, is there a simple tool to make web sites? I am not a professional - just do it as a hobby. See: http://www.rinconcentral.com/ This is the extent of my web design experience, but I would like to get better at it. So I am looking for a not too expensive, nice web design tool. I am using Front Page 2003 right now. Thanks, mac "mac" <mac@nospan.com> wrote in message news:FFEE7107-8DDB-4AFA-A5B9-57F392088E0F@micr...

Multiple Pivot Charts to display in one page
Working in MS Access 2007 I created a query and a pivot chart with the option to show the data in more than one chart, but when I choose the multiple chart option it tries to show all of the 30+ in one page which makes is impossible to read. Is there any way to show the charts in more than one page? I'd be very grateful for any help! ...

How to view all slides on 1 page in Publisher
How do I view all slides on 1 page so that I can put them in a particular order? Slides? Did you want the PowerPoint forum? David Bartosik - [MSFT MVP] www.publishermvps.com www.davidbartosik.com "Lisa's Ocean" <Lisa's Ocean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:19D3D643-1D0F-4CE6-B56A-C5560452EA60@microsoft.com... > How do I view all slides on 1 page so that I can put them in a particular > order? Do you mean pictures? If so, just select the Insert menu, picture from file, get it, insert. After they are all on the page, move them around as yo...

Saving a specific word or phrase, bring it up next time I type it
In Word 2003, I was able to save a specific word or phrase by running my cursor over it and selecting the "auto correct" option. I was then able to type just the first couple of letters of that word or phrase and that word or phrase would pop-up, then all I had to do was hit the enter key to insert it in that sentence. Now that I have Word 2007 installed, I am not able to perform this function. I need to be able to type fast in my line of work; therefore, these saved words and phrases are a real time-saver. Can anyone help me! The function is still present, from Word ...

Access 2007 Read Only Issue
One of the groups in my company has an MDB file that they are running in Access 2007. Somehow it has not been converted. It will be converted once I can isolate the following problem; When I open the file on my computer, it opens with no problem, When one of the user group opens it, it opens read only. Question - Is there a setting that could be selected on all of there computers that is not selected on mine that would cause this. If not, what should I look for to correct this. As soon as this is resolved, I will convert and split this db file into a Front and Back End convifigu...

Can't Use Word As Editor after Windows Live Update
Hi, I have Office 2003. Microsoft wanted to update my Windows Live Messenger and after getting tired of saying no for months finally said okay. What a mistake. My Outlook defaults have been changed. Not all of them, just some of them. The images in my signature are messed up and I can't format them. It's hard to explain there are so many little things that are different. The most frustrating thing is that the box to use Word 2003 as an editor in Outlook is now grayed out. If I could start there, perhaps things will become more clear. Any help would be greatly a...

Page can't be displayed after downloading ie8
using xp sp1, I was online and opened internet explorer and I received a message that said my browser was out of date and wouldn't be supported much longer and it prompted me to download ie8. After going thru the setup, I can't open anything. Page can not be displayed on every site I try to go to. Please help, I am about to render my pc brainless. Explain. IE8 requires WinXP SP2 or SP3. holmes wrote: > using xp sp1, I was online and opened internet explorer and I received a > message that said my browser was out of date and wouldn't be supported > much...

Reducing the size of database in exchange server 2000
Hi I am using exchange 2000 server.I have 100 mailboxes on it.After reducing the mail boxes to 55.I have deleted the data around 16gb.But the size of actual database is still same.How can i reduce the size of the database .So that i can perform my routine backups on tape. I am facing so many problem to take the backup of big database. Thanx And hope i will get the solution here. Baljinder Hello Baljinder, If you dismount the stores and run eseutil /d drive and path to your priv1.ed and include the priv1.edb you will regain the whitespace. This is called an offline defrag. Just ...

1/2 Page Numbers
I have created a Publisher Document that I am using as a manual. I will periodically publish updates to the manual and may need to insert pages. I would like to be able to number these new pages with decimals - for example, if I insert a two pages between pages 4 and 5, I would like to number the new pages 4.1 and 4.2. Is there anyway I can do this??? When I go into the format area it makes me choose a whole number. Apply a different Masterpage where the format for page numbering is 4.# Start the number over from 1 by inserting a section. Then on the following section restart the ...

Word has gone Wacky
I have Office 2001 and have been running it on our G4 for awhile. Suddenly, Word started going wacky and the toolbar seems to be frozen. I can't access anything. For example, when I highlight File, it has a gray box around it but nothing drops down. This is the same across the board. The only thing with a drop-down menu is the Apple icon. I can't get to the graphics toolbar or any toolbar. Any suggestions? Look here: http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/WordMac/Word2001Menus.htm In article <BCEFE234.24E4%robinb411@comcast.net>, Robin <robinb411@comcast.net> wrote: > I h...

Excel & Word with automatic numbering
How do I set-up a 3 line label in such a way that the 3rd line will number in sequences of 1 automatically? One way: Insert a SEQ field in your label. In article <10008FA0-7A51-4398-AC82-5C9D88414E36@microsoft.com>, "Heather" <Heather@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do I set-up a 3 line label in such a way that the 3rd line will number in > sequences of 1 automatically? ...