Where is print preview in Word 2010

I'm lost - where under print do I find print preview?

cb4134 wrote:
> I'm lost - where under print do I find print preview?

Click the File tab and click Print, or just press Ctrl+P. The entire right
side of the screen shows the print preview. In fact, unless you put the
Quick Print button on the Quick Access Toolbar and use that, you can't avoid
the print preview.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

0
Jay
12/11/2009 10:04:35 PM
Jay seems to be referring to the Print dialog. Print Preview is (by default)
accessible only via Office Button | Print | Print Preview. If you agree with
me that this is absurd (it's not even on the View tab), then right-click the
button in the Print menu and add it to the QAT.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"cb4134" <cb4134@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm lost - where under print do I find print preview?

0
Suzanne
12/11/2009 11:22:39 PM
On Fri, 11 Dec 2009 17:22:39 -0600, "Suzanne S. Barnhill"
<sbarnhill@mvps.org> wrote:

>Jay seems to be referring to the Print dialog. Print Preview is (by default)
>accessible only via Office Button | Print | Print Preview. If you agree with
>me that this is absurd (it's not even on the View tab), then right-click the
>button in the Print menu and add it to the QAT.

Suzanne, Word 2010 (cf the Subject line) is different from Word 2007.
Print Preview has been integrated with the Print page of the
"Backstage" (what you see when you click the File tab, which has
replaced the Office button).

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Jay Freedman" <jay.freedman@verizon.net> wrote in message
> On Fri, 11 Dec 2009 17:22:39 -0600, "Suzanne S. Barnhill"
> <sbarnhill@mvps.org> wrote:
>
>>Jay seems to be referring to the Print dialog. Print Preview is (by
>>default)
>>accessible only via Office Button | Print | Print Preview. If you agree
>>with
>>me that this is absurd (it's not even on the View tab), then right-click
>>the
>>button in the Print menu and add it to the QAT.
>
> Suzanne, Word 2010 (cf the Subject line) is different from Word 2007.
> Print Preview has been integrated with the Print page of the
> "Backstage" (what you see when you click the File tab, which has
> replaced the Office button).
>
> --
> Regards,
> Jay Freedman
> Microsoft Word MVP        FAQ: http://word.mvps.org
> Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup
> so all may benefit.

0
Suzanne
12/12/2009 12:44:09 AM
Ctrl+F2 is a shortcut for Print Preview (at least in Word 97-2007).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" <sbarnhill@mvps.org> wrote in message
> Oops, sorry, I did miss that. Well, another step forward and two steps
> back?
>
> --
> Suzanne S. Barnhill
> Microsoft MVP (Word)
> Words into Type
> Fairhope, Alabama USA
> http://word.mvps.org
>
> "Jay Freedman" <jay.freedman@verizon.net> wrote in message
>> On Fri, 11 Dec 2009 17:22:39 -0600, "Suzanne S. Barnhill"
>> <sbarnhill@mvps.org> wrote:
>>
>>>Jay seems to be referring to the Print dialog. Print Preview is (by
>>>default)
>>>accessible only via Office Button | Print | Print Preview. If you agree
>>>with
>>>me that this is absurd (it's not even on the View tab), then right-click
>>>the
>>>button in the Print menu and add it to the QAT.
>>
>> Suzanne, Word 2010 (cf the Subject line) is different from Word 2007.
>> Print Preview has been integrated with the Print page of the
>> "Backstage" (what you see when you click the File tab, which has
>> replaced the Office button).
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>> Jay Freedman
>> Microsoft Word MVP        FAQ: http://word.mvps.org
>> Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup
>> so all may benefit.

0
Stefan
12/12/2009 1:38:43 PM
Good to know. But it was one of the first buttons I added to the QAT!

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Stefan Blom" <StefanBlom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Ctrl+F2 is a shortcut for Print Preview (at least in Word 97-2007).
>
> --
> Stefan Blom
> Microsoft Word MVP
>

> "Suzanne S. Barnhill" <sbarnhill@mvps.org> wrote in message
>> Oops, sorry, I did miss that. Well, another step forward and two steps
>> back?
>>
>> --
>> Suzanne S. Barnhill
>> Microsoft MVP (Word)
>> Words into Type
>> Fairhope, Alabama USA
>> http://word.mvps.org
>>
>> "Jay Freedman" <jay.freedman@verizon.net> wrote in message

>>> Suzanne, Word 2010 (cf the Subject line) is different from Word 2007.
>>> Print Preview has been integrated with the Print page of the
>>> "Backstage" (what you see when you click the File tab, which has
>>> replaced the Office button).
>>>
>>> --
>>> Regards,
>>> Jay Freedman
>>> Microsoft Word MVP        FAQ: http://word.mvps.org
>>> Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the
>>> newsgroup so all may benefit.

0
Suzanne

Getting photos to print in an image field
This is Access 2007. In my report I have an image field (9 x 6.77 cm). It exists in the detail section of a subreport and snakes across then down. The onPrint event for that section reads: Me.imgPhoto.Picture = Forms!frmProfiles!txtPath & "\" & Me.txtPhoto My problem is that Access doesn't print all the photos. I suspect it's a size issue as if I reduce the resolution of the photos to, say, 800 x 600, then they all print. However, the resaulting print quality is not nearly as good as the original resolution So: is there a way to force Access to be patient and ensur...

Word 2007 not responding to "save as"
Recently the "save as" function within word has stopped responding. It does not give me the option to change location of saved document or the name. I have tried to uninstall the programme, but partially through it reports an error with drive D, even though drive D is not in use/ identified. Any suggestions? -- Pompies ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Pompies's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/179718.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/ms-office-support/1297801.htm http://forums.techarena.in ...

Print several pages to single paper
Hi, when previewing OneNote pages each page is a separate page of paper in print. Is there a way to have the pages follow on the same page separated only with the OneNote page title? Thanks Deejay wrote: > Hi, when previewing OneNote pages each page is a separate page of > paper in print. Is there a way to have the pages follow on the same > page separated only with the OneNote page title? No, there is no such option. Rainald ...

Blank page prints with every print job
Whenever I print any type of job in MS Publisher 2002, my printer always prints a blank sheet first. It doesn't matter if it is one page document or multiple page document. Is there some sort of print/page setup that controls this? I don't want a blank page before every print job. Note that this does this on one particular printer, not all, and it only does it for a Publisher document and no others. Thanks Sounds like a printer setting. Look on your settings and see if you can find it. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 200...

Printing Quotes 12-13-04
In MS CRM, to print quotes you merge your quote to a Word document template, using the Sales for Outlook client. With this template, I can dress up a quote to have a specific look and feel. I also see how, once you open a quote in CRM how you can perform a generic "print" of the quote, but nothing fancy. In fact, you can't, as I understand it, modify this report. What if I don't have a Sales for Outlook client and I want to print a quote -- dressed up? How is that being accomplished. If you do not use Sales for Outlook client it is only possible to create a n...

QUICK WORD on Exchange 2003 Consolidation
We have 8 Exchange 5.5 and 23 at another subsidiary - all across the world. Asides from reading the hundreds of pages on the consolidation to Exchange 2003 - CAN someone please just highlights some of the things 2003 brings to the table - technology wise the enables us to consolidate? I would hate to migrate to Scalix (not cause of platform - just cause it is untested and unnown). Thanks. MK: Exchange 2000/2003 bring a lot to the table for an Exchange shop. Basically, it adds the capability to host more accounts per server. Instead of being locked in to a single mailbox store p...

OL2003 Signature Advanced Edit
I just installed Outlook 2003 on a new laptop (I've been using it on a previous laptop without this problem). I have Word 2003 selected in Outlook to edit my email messages (in the Tools:Options:Mail Format menu). When I attempt to create a new email signature using the Advanced Edit option (to open Word as the editor), Word Pad is launched instead of Word. I have searched all the menus, the Knowledge Base and archives here, scratched my head 'til I'm nearly bald... I can't come up with a solution. I've always had Word launch with the press of that button before. And ...

How do I copy an Excel chart with added text boxes into Word or P.
I have created a chart in Excel and added a number of text boxes on top of the chart. I need to paste the entire chart & text boxes into Word and/or Powerpoint; however by selecting the chart and copying, the text boxes are excluded. MS help suggests entering the text boxes outside the chart then moving them into the chart and grouping the chart and text boxes; however there does not seem to be the ability to group the chart with the text boxes. If you had clicked on the chart before making the textboxes, all the items would have been grouped. But you can do it later: Hold down SHI...

Changing Source excel file causes links in word to fail
I've got a Word document with about 600 links to an excel spreadsheet. Updating the links works fine until the source excel file is changed thenword changes some portion of the links from Unformatted Text to a spreadsheet cell. Changing the links manually or with a macro there are some observed changes in the links. The cells that change are changed from Automatic to Manual and this happens to all of the cells on a single Excel row. There's nothing wrong with the data and the spreadsheet formats are identical. When I go back to the original settings I can change the ...

how do i set an auto date function in excel or word?
I would like all documnts in both word and excel to automatically date as the document or report is prepared. =NOW() "hpkcommish" wrote: > I would like all documnts in both word and excel to automatically date as the > document or report is prepared. for excell Go to View> Header & footer >custom header footer then click on the clock pic & the date pic (choose 1st if you want it in the left middle or right feild) For word basically the same Cheers peterm "hpkcommish" wrote: > I would like all documnts in both word and excel to automatica...

How can I get vacant lines in a sheet to not print
In Lotus 123 the following formula @IF((F25+H25)=0,"|--","") in the first cell of each row in a print range would place the pipe symbol in that cell. Any rows with the symbol would not print when the range was printed. This is very helpful when you don't need to print rows that do not contain data. Such as inventory items with no qunatities. How can I get Excel to do the same thing. Some of my spread sheets may have hundreds of rows but I only need to print those with data. Sorting first is not an option. look at autofilter in Help. "Luapremrub" ...

Error message on starting word
on starting up word I get the following message: "Some macros in this template will not run properly in this version of Word. Please contact your administrator or the macro vendor for an updated version of the template." Does any one have any ideas about what is causing this or even better how to fix it. You probably have installed an add-in for an earlier Word version that is incompatible with your current version. See http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm then http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/ProblemsStartingWord.htm or http://support.microso...

bullets in Word 2007
I am making a style in Word 2007. It has bullets. When I press ENTER twice, I want to go back to the Normal style. Instead I stay in my style but with the bullet gone. Is there any way I can get back to Normal, using ENTER, ENTER? The easiest way to reapply the Normal style after a numbered list would be to just press Ctrl+Shift+N. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Maria" <ma@lexiconsult.se> wrote in message news:d0826bb6-060f-4038-8bb1-14291881cc90@s12g2000yqj.googlegroups.com... >I am making a style in Word 2007. It has bullets. When I press ENTER...

Word randomly changing my figures and tables captions
I'm trying to format a large document, with over 150 tables and figures in it. I've used captions to label them all, but I'm now finding that Word is randomly changing some that I have specified as 'table' to 'figure' and vice versa. This particularly seems to be happening with tables and figures that appear on the same page, but is not restricted to these instances. As soon as I change one caption back to the correct type, the one below will change itself to the wrong type again! I need the captions to remain as I've entered them for my table of f...

image in header gets skewed when I print
I'm making a template with my company's logo in the header. It is perfectly circular in reality and in page layout view. But when I print or print preview, it becomes egg-shaped. It has plenty of room. I have moved the margins and made sure it fits just fine. I've tried png, jpg and gif formats. I'm using Excel 2007, but I've tried it in 2003 and get the same results. I've tried checking and unchecking the boxes "Lock aspect ratio" and "Relative to original picture size". Does anybody have any ideas of what I can try next? I suspect you need to adju...

Word 2007 Show Markup checkmarks and Date/Time Issue
Hi, I have a new HP desktop computer and finally got Word 2007. I have two questions. In the Review section of Word 2007, the Show Markup subsection has checkmarks for ink, comments, etc. as the default selection. Is there any way to change this default and uncheckmark them so it isn't automatic? I have looked everywhere online for a solution and can't find one. Second, in the bottom right-hand corner of my monitor, the time is showing as usual. However, when I first got my computer (last week), it also showed the date (I loved this feature). After re-starting my compute...

Pasting excel into word
I am pasting excel spreadsheet items into word and all of a sudden it is pasting the grid lines...I do not want the grid lines to show...I have been doing this the same way for years...copy/paste special/picture and never had this problem....help...presentation has to be done tonight Hi, Make sure the gridlines aren't visible in Excel. Note: You'll get a better resolution image if you paste the data in the Excel workbook format. -- Cheers macropod [Microsoft MVP - Word] "Help..." <Help...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8B72F66...

Word 2007
Please help! I have a new laptop with Word 2007, and am trying to use common punctuation: []\{}| ;':" ,./<>? shows up in word as ^çà¨ÇÀ ;è:È ,.é‘”É what has happened to my keyboard? Is it possessed Are you saying that some keys on your keyboard have an accented letter, probably in a different color? The documentation that came with your computer (or the manufacturer's website) will tell you how to switch back and forth between its character sets. There's probably a key for it. This isn't a W...

Error printing gift receipt
The receipt template posted on Knowlege Network printed a regular receipt with price information. I changed some items on the template file from "true" to "false" and the gift receipt printed fine with 2 small problems: 1. Error message:"Compiler Error:Token 'Transaction.Receipt.TransactionNumberPrint' was not found. 2. There's only one chance to print when asked if you want to print again on printer2. Gift receipt could not be printed from a journal. Does anyone know what might not be working here?... 1) 'Transaction.Receipt.TransactionNu...

Opening Publisher documents in word.
I have a manager who sends out documents in publisher format. My location does not have publisher. I must send the file to an IT for conversion before I can view it. I cannot equire my superior to change his file format, and I am not permitted to purchase software. I have looked at the news group and there are many posts from people with this problem. In business it does not pay to use a format that others cannot see, or must do extra work for. Why can I not open publisher documents in word? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the s...

Printing columnar reports
HelloI am running Access2.In design mode for a report,File | Print Setup | More I change: the no of items across to 1 or 2 if no. items is 1, I check (with "X") same size as detail If I change the item size to other than same as detail I make sure the value is < the width of column 1 the page width is > the width of column 1 I say "OK" for the print setup Preview the report Perfect! But when I go back to run the report from a menu option, the new print settings do not "stick" ie, have not been saved.Pu...

Quick Campaigns should store a copy of the word document
When creating a quick campaign with mail-merge by letter, CRM does not store a copy of the word document used. Instead it just stores the name of the template (if one was used). It would be very useful to store one copy of the actual word document (perhaps in the information tab of the quick campaign itself). ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in...

Can I open a word 2002 document in Access 2003 for edit?
Hi I have an application that does this in Access 2003, but I need to do it with Access 2002 and Word 2002. Is there a way to do it? Stapes Have you tried it? Seems reasonable to test you problem and ask for help if it doesn't work correctly. -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Stapes" wrote: > Hi > > I have an application that does this in Access 2003, but I need to do > it with Access 2002 and Word 2002. Is there a way to do it? > > Stapes > ...

Outlook (and Word) Spell check original text in reply #2
I have a couple of my users where Word spell checks original text i reply even though it is marked in tools as Do not Spell Check Origina Text in Reply. If I turn Word off as the editor, then it works fine. This does not occur on all of my machines, only on two... I use Word 2 and Outlook 2K. Any ideas why this is happening? I appreciate the help -- rcstechnologyPosted via http://www.officehelp.in - &lt;a href=&quot;http://www.officehelp.in&quot;&gt;Microsoft Office Software&lt;/a&gt ...

Excnange Printing
In our business we are required to print every incoming and outgoing (not internal) email for record purposes. Does Exhange have the functionality to do this or do i need to make Exhange copy all email to a mailbox which is checked by Outlook which prints email via the Rules Wizard. Thanks Rob Rob wrote: > In our business we are required to print every incoming and outgoing > (not internal) email for record purposes. Does Exhange have the > functionality to do this or do i need to make Exhange copy all email > to a mailbox which is checked by Outlook which prints email via ...