Where is Insert Line Breaks option when saving as .txt?

I need to be able to save file as text but with the cr/lf characters
included.  There used to be an option called "Insert Line Breaks" that
appeared when you chose save as .txt.

What version of Word are you using? This option is still present in Word
2003.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"BANCADO" <BANCADO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I need to be able to save file as text but with the cr/lf characters
> included.  There used to be an option called "Insert Line Breaks" that
> appeared when you chose save as .txt.

0
Suzanne
12/3/2009 11:46:53 PM
Word 2007 also. You can also download the old text with layout converter
from my web site.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
> What version of Word are you using? This option is still present in
> Word 2003.
>

> "BANCADO" <BANCADO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> I need to be able to save file as text but with the cr/lf characters
>> included.  There used to be an option called "Insert Line Breaks"
>> that appeared when you chose save as .txt.

0
Graham
12/4/2009 6:15:19 AM
The part that's deceptive is that you have to choose the .txt format and
click Save, and *then* you are presented with the dialog that allows you to
select these options. That requires a level of blind faith that many users
don't have (and I consider it unintuitive).

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Graham Mayor" <gmayor@REMOVETHISmvps.org> wrote in message
> Word 2007 also. You can also download the old text with layout converter
> from my web site.
>
> --
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
> Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
>
> My web site www.gmayor.com
> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>

> Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
>> What version of Word are you using? This option is still present in
>> Word 2003.
>>

>> "BANCADO" <BANCADO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> I need to be able to save file as text but with the cr/lf characters
>>> included.  There used to be an option called "Insert Line Breaks"
>>> that appeared when you chose save as .txt.

0
Suzanne

How to insert an address from Outlook 2003 address book ?
Hello, 1) How to insert directly an address from Outlook 2003 address book ? I do not want to make of a mailing but only I want to inserer the fields of my address book punctually without having to pass by the phase of import / export of the address book. 2) How to add a "address book" button in the toolbar of Excel 2004? Thank you for your help !! ...

Why dual sent/deleted/saved folders?
I just got a new Windows 7 computer with Windows Live Mail replacing Outlook Express. There are 2 groups of folders: one is headed pop-server.satx.rr.com; the other is headed Storage Folders. When I delete or send a message, they send up under the pop-server heading, but not under my Storage Folder heading. The storage folder heading doesn't include an Inbox. As I understand it, everything in the pop-server files is on my ISP's servers, and everything in the Storage Folders is on my computer, but not theirs. If that's true, why would I want my Inbox, deleted item...

set default save location to PST?
Hello Outlook gurus, In Outlook, you can specify which folder in your default store to save unsent messages (eg: Inbox, Sent Items). But I want the default save location to be in a PERSONAL FOLDER(PST). When I try to set it, I get an error "this folder is not part of the default store". It sounds like by design, Outlook must save unsent items in the mailbox store, not in a PST. Anyone know a way around this? BTW, I'm not a VB programmer... Thanks, Deborah You can have items going into a pst when you have a mailbox in the profile be warned though that the pst will become th...

What does Insert>name>LABEL option do ?
Can someone please tell me what does this option do and what does the box, when we click on this option, signify ? i find the use of the other 4 options in the name tab, but not this one. Please guide me as to what is the purpose of this option. Hi! See Excel help on labels: About labels and names in formulas Biff >-----Original Message----- >Can someone please tell me what does this option do and what does the box, >when we click on this option, signify ? i find the use of the other 4 options >in the name tab, but not this one. Please guide me as to what is the purpos...

Insert "0" where null
I want to do something that is probably simple. I have a worksheet with a lot of empty cells. I want a "0" inserted into every cell that is empty or null. How do I do that? MSWEENEY Select the range in question (if you do the entire sheet, it will take lots of time and memory) Edit/Replace (leave blank) with 0, match entire cell. Beege "MSWEENEY" <MSWEENEY01@ADELPHIA.NET> wrote in message news:1138623896.487617.296400@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I want to do something that is probably simple. I have a worksheet > with a lot of empty cells. I ...

How to create Alt Tag for an image inserted in Outlook
I am using Outlook 2003, Professional Edition, and Windows XP. I have dragged an image into the HTML message from Photoshop and tested it by emailing the message to one of my other accounts. Everything works fine. Now I want to create an Alt Tag for the image, so users who don't receive HTML images still see something. Can anyone help me do this? Thanks! ...

How do I print the guidelines of a CD cover insert in Publisher?
How do I print the guidelines of a CD cover insert in Publisher? anahera wrote: > How do I print the guidelines of a CD cover insert in Publisher? ============================= Maybe this is what you are referring to. CD Crystal Case Insert http://www.yousendit.com/download/Y2o5TXRlcTJsMHhFQlE9PQ -- John Inzer MS-MVP Digital Media Experience Notice This is not tech support I am a volunteer Solutions that work for me may not work for you Proceed at your own risk ...

Microsoft 2000 saving a file
I cannot save a file to my E: drive or portable thumb drive. I either receive one of two messages. (1) Word cannot continue the save do to a file permission error or (2) file or directory cannot be created. I can save to the hard drive not to the traveldrive. HELP Sure doesn't sound like a Microsoft Access Database issue. HTH -- -Larry- -- "Dan" <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5F7576EA-1F48-45F7-BCF7-39F7BE5954FC@microsoft.com... > I cannot save a file to my E: drive or portable thumb drive. I either > receive one of two messages. (1...

Need to find Jan. 2008 calendar/insert in Publisher doc?
I have a small business, and I am just learning Pub. 2007. I'm trying to find a monthly calendar that can be inserted into my Publisher invoice, as an object...because I use print invoices. All the templates in Pub. seem to use the current month. Select the "Apply a Template" from the Format Publication task pane, choose one of the wallet size calendar found at the end of the calendars. The Options are on the right, scroll down to change the date range. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "dorisi...

Save as Picture DISTORTS FONTS
I use Pub 2002 to create compositions that I save as .jpg's for my website, and email headers. The compositions consist of "Digital images (.tiff) + WordArt + Shapes (with fills) + Text Blocks". I group them together, or do a Select All then use "Save as Picture" to save the composition as a .jpg . When I reopen the saved .jpg I find that the text that was added as a Text Block becomes fuzzy / blurry. The images, WordArt, and Shapes all remain clear. It doesn't matter what program I open the .jpg with the Text that was added as a Text Block is re...

Line Graph, Time vs Unit, with Data Points
I making a bar graph for a restaurant that has the hours of the day on the Y-axis and delivery workers A through S on the X-axis. The bar for each delivry worker begins with the first data point, the first delivery of the day, through the last delivery of the day for that worker. There is a dot at every data point showing when a delivery worker made the delivery. The problem I am having is that the Rows in my spreadsheet (which correspond to one worker) work with the data points up until 10 data points (10th delivery of the day) but then will not graph any more points after the tenth ...

Making Money on Line
<HTML> <HEAD> <META NAME="GENERATOR" Content="Microsoft DHTML Editing Control"> <TITLE></TITLE> </HEAD> <BODY> <P>wow I just found this site <A href="http://www.a1yes.com/100k">www.a1yes.com/100k</A> that shows you how to make $100,000 a year. It comes in a&nbsp;book and six tapes and is called the $100,000 For Life Program. <A href="http://www.a1yes.com/100k">www.a1yes.com/100k</A>&nbsp;</P> </BODY> </HTML> ...

Putting a Page Skip in a txt File?
I'm sending text lines to a txt file and would like to skip to another page at times. What sequence of characters do I need to do that? I tried a simple chr(12), but that did nothing on either of two printers I tried. W. eWatson wrote: > I'm sending text lines to a txt file and would like to skip to another > page at times. What sequence of characters do I need to do that? I tried > a simple chr(12), but that did nothing on either of two printers I tried. There are no pagination boundaries in a *text* file. If you look at an ASCII character chart, none of the...

Insert or LINK to images
Can anyone advise me - I am creating a range of documents which will only ever be printed from or viewed on the PC which creates them. The only exception to this is that I will occasionally e creating .pdf files from them which will be emailed to other people. In an effort to keep file sizes down I am using the LINK function instead of INSERT image. I sthis likely to cause any problems? My understanding is that if I wish another user (with Publisher) to open a file I have created then the pictures MUST be INSERTED, however I assume that the .pdf file overcomes this problem. THanks Ron ...

Option Group Value won't display in Query when code is executed
Hello, I have an option group stored on a form with 4 choices and am just trying to usethe value selected in the option group within a query. Simple enough, I can get the query to work just fine, displaying information based on the choice made with the option until I execute the query from code. Then it seems that the option group value is not available or is ignored and does not work. What I'm noticing is that if I pause the code at the point where the query is suppose to run and execute the query manually, no information is displayed (option group value shows blank). Howeve...

Off line sync via VPN
Hi, We are using CRM 3.0 with the roll ups installed on Small Business Server 2003. We have a number of remote users who spend all their time out of the office off-line and dial in periodically over a VPN to sync the data. Each client machine syncs about 8000 contacts an maybe 2000 company records. My question is: Are we being reasonable in expecting the system to handle this kind of operation? Has anyone found this kind of arrangement stable? Is it likely to cause headaches? are there any tweaks to make it run well? I think that how well this will work will depend on a number of f...

Char(1) can't be insert from stored procedure called from C#/ASP.n
Hello I am trying to insert a char(1) field into a table from an ASP.Net/C# application. At first I was inserting rows into the table but none of the columns that I was inserting the rows into were char(1) columns, they were mostly int and varchar columns. Then I found out that there was one column in the list that was not supposed to be an int column but instead it was supposed to be one of the char(1) columns into the table. So I replaced the int column in the list with the char(1) column and since the value of the char(1) column resulted from a CheckBox ('Y&#...

How to insert a flyer into a newsletter
I designd a flyer in publisher. How can I insert it into my newsletter in publisher? Ace wrote: > I designd a flyer in publisher. How can I insert it into my newsletter in > publisher? Open the two publications side-by-side, Select All in the flyer, Group, Copy; switch to the newsletter, Paste. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org Hi, Ace - If you want a re-sizeable version of your flyer you have a few options: quick and dirty: select the entire flyer>copy>paste SPECIAL (as PICTURE) into the newsletter [Results are variable --Works best if you ...

removing squares and lines in squares that really should be paragr
Exported 4000+ records from outlook to Excel - used the default map and it lumped business address into one field. The problem is that at the end of a line there is a bold line in the cell and when you try to edit the cell the formula bar shows it as a square. I've tried search and replace, but excel doesn't have a special character feature and I'm @ wits end - any ideas? hi, if it is just a line that shows up as a square, do a find and replace all. >-----Original Message----- >Exported 4000+ records from outlook to Excel - used the default map and it >lumped bu...

Compiling from command line with macros
Hey, I am building a system that would build our product from command line on a regular basis. Calling msdev from command line is really easy, but I am now having trouble incrementing the version numbers of each build. I followed this KB article http://support.microsoft.com:80/support/kb/articles/Q237/8/70.ASP to make a VBScript macro that increments the version information on each succesful build. It works like a charm when built from VC++ IDE. The problem is to make it apply to command line builds as well. So the question is, can I compile a workspace from command line so that it would be...

Bar and Line chart #2
I am using Excell 2003 I need to create a BAR graph with 3 years of Sales $$ (1 being the current year) and add to that a LINE that shows the BUDGETED $$ for the current year. From the Chart Wizard I chose the "line - column" chart because both the bars and the line are all using the same $$ numbers. Sales $$ for 2006 and 2007 came up as Bars but Sales for 2008 came up as a line along with the budget $$ being a line also. I now have a graph of 2 bars and 2 lines. I wanted 3 bars and 1 line. How do I get all 3 years of Sales to be bars and only the Budgeted Sales to be th...

Easier way to transfer so to po & indicate how to transfer so line
There is a sales order setup option for the creation of purchase orders to indicate whether similar items on a sales order should be combined into one purchase order line. It would be great if this option could be provided at the sales order level. In a heavy distribution environment where the distributor does not stock a lot of material but buys per sales order, the person entering the sales order needs a quick and easy way to create the po appropriately and it really could be half the purchase orders created one way and half the other. Currently the best option is to check the box ...

How to change the Folder Option (e.g. Inbox2) for new S/R group?
Trying to change the Folder Option to a different Inbox (e.g. Inbox2) for a new Send/Receive Group (e.g. my wifes on-line email vs mine). Version of Outlook? Type of account? "KRHelpMe" <KRHelpMe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4C5CE9A3-0073-4BA2-ADB0-F869DE47DA13@microsoft.com... > Trying to change the Folder Option to a different Inbox (e.g. Inbox2) for > a > new Send/Receive Group (e.g. my wifes on-line email vs mine). ...

Filter Data
Hi all, I have a search form used to look up records based on a number of entry fields. I have, with the help of this forum, created successful searches for all of the text like fields, but I also wanted to have a "# of weeks back" filter as well. My crrent code is: Dim strWhere As String strWhere = "True" If Not IsNull(Me.LastName) Then strWhere = strWhere & " AND ShipTo_LName like """ & Me.LastName & "*""" End If If Not IsNull(Me.Organization) Then strWhere = strWhere & " AND ShipTo_Organization like &quo...

Publisher 2003 Catalog Merge
Not sure how to ask this so I'll explain what I want to do: I am making a gradeschool yearbook that includes 14 different classrooms. On each page, there are photos of the students along with their names under their photo. When I do a catalog merge (using an Excel file for my source), I want a new page to start for each different classroom. Is there something I can code in Publisher to cause a page break when a new page should start? What about in the Excel file? I did a yearbook last year and to get it to work, I had to insert blank rows into my Excel spreadsheet to get it to go to th...