When sending an email from Word why do I have to add my signature?

When I send an email directly from Word or Excel my signature doesn't
automatically populate like it does in Outlook.  Is there any way I can get
it to populate automatically?  I have two outlook accounts that I switch back
and forth from and I can never tell which one I am sending email from.

Excel and Word are not e-mail applications. If you want to send an e-mail
from within Word and use the Outlook functionality, then you need to call
Outlook from Word using a macro. The following will attach the current Word
document to an Outlook e-mail message c/w signature for the current default
account: http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm

Sub Send_As_Mail_Attachment()
' send the document as an attachment _
in an Outlook Email message
Dim bStarted As Boolean
Dim oOutlookApp As Outlook.Application
Dim oItem As Outlook.MailItem
On Error Resume Next
'Prompt the user to save the document
ActiveDocument.Save
'Get Outlook if it's running
Set oOutlookApp = GetObject(, "Outlook.Application")
'Outlook wasn't running, start it from code
If Err <> 0 Then
   Set oOutlookApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
   bStarted = True
End If
'Create a new mailitem
Set oItem = oOutlookApp.CreateItem(olMailItem)
    With oItem
        .to = "" 'Insert an email address if all messages go to the same
address
    'Set the recipient for a copy if required
        .BCC = ""
        .Subject = "This is the subject"
    'Add the document as an attachment, you can use the _
    .displayname property
    'to set the description that's used in the message
        .Attachments.Add Source:=ActiveDocument.FullName, _
        Type:=olByValue, DisplayName:="Document as attachment"
        .Display
     End With
'Clean up
Set oItem = Nothing
Set oOutlookApp = Nothing
End Sub

"trickymom" <trickymom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I send an email directly from Word or Excel my signature doesn't
> automatically populate like it does in Outlook.  Is there any way I can
> get
> it to populate automatically?  I have two outlook accounts that I switch
> back
> and forth from and I can never tell which one I am sending email from.

0
Graham

Send As a Public Folder
I have a mail-enabled Public Folder. Users who have permissions on this folder are members of a Security Group. The group has Publishing Editor permissions on the folder. Users want to be able "Send As" the folder's address. Can I grant Send As permissions for the security group and have its members inherit that permission, or do I have to do it for each member? And if I can grant Send As for the group, how do I do so? TIA-- Jeff Vandervoort JRVsystems Ypu can do it through ADUSers and Computers MMC. In View menu choose Advanced Features, then under Microsoft Exchan...

email access in outlook from a cruise ship
I'm going on a cruise to Alaska and I need to access my email to answer quotes, ( working vacation ) thanks. -- doug blair doug blair wrote: > I'm going on a cruise to Alaska and I need to access my email to answer > quotes, ( working vacation ) thanks. > > > > i don't quote understand what you mean. if your cruise ship gives you access to the Internet, you should be able to use Outlook. Check with your mail provider to see if what kind of web access they = offer. This isn't an Outlook issue per se.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of ...

Outlook 2003: Email address in 'From' column of Inbox.
Anyone know how to get the full email address to display in the 'from' column of the inbox in Outlook 2003? I have about half a dozen "Dave"s that all have different email address but they're indistinguishable in the inbox. Plus, I'm sick of just seeing someone's name when I really need to know the company name more than anything else. At least with a proper email address, I can easily work out if it's a legit email from a known company or spam. I don't want to have to read the post to see if it's valid. ------------------------------------------...

crash word & update
The context : word on Ibook OS 10.2.6. Since two weeks, Word crashes=20 anytime I want to save a file I'm working on. First thing I tried : = clean=20 the disk and the library by means of Onyx. Nothing has changed, so I=20 tried to upgrade the Office package, but the upgrade doesn't work :=20 error 11002 : 2, -15. Does anyone know how can I solve these problems? thanks a lot fred Remove and re-install Office X. Insert the Office X CD, then open the Value Pack. Click the Value Pack Installer. Check "Remove Office", then click "Continue". Run the "Remove Offi...

cannot send any emails all of a sudden
My email on Outlook 2007 on Vista stopped working all of a sudden. I can receive emails but not send them. I contacted my isp (shaw in canda) they said that outlook 2007 is tagging my email address as supsected spam and not letting the server send it ... they had sme end a completely blank email from outlook - they sent it then sent it back to me showing a line. ... -- Gestrin gestrin wrote: > My email on Outlook 2007 on Vista stopped working all of a sudden. > > I can receive emails but not send them. > > I contacted my isp (shaw in canda) &g...

Automate processing of recieved email in Exchange
Hi All, I need to parse incoming e-mail (to a particular email address hosted on an Exchange server). The email is generated by a web site which then encrypts the data with PGP and sends it to a specific address. Can Exchange be programmed to decrypt the e-mail and safe the contents to a file? If not, are there any third party software anyone knows about that may assist? Thanks, best regards, Matt Seddon. ...

Email sent to recipient 12 times
Greetings, We use Exchange 2000 (SP3) with Windows 2000 Server (SP4) with all patches and hotfixes applied. My mail client is Outlook 2002 (SP1). Recently, one person recived a mail message from me twelve times! I only sent the message once. Oddly enough, only one person reported this problem to me; and I average about 100 emails sent to external recipients daily. Has anyone ever heard of this happening, or can anyone offer any suggestions or advice so that I may pursue and investigate this issue? Your help is appreciated. Thanks, Jackson Hillman Using POP mail anywhere, or is Excha...

Transferring Emails #2
Can I transfer Emails from Outlook Express v6.0 under Windows 98SE (old computer) to my (user name) OE v6.0 operating under XP Pro (new machine)? I cannot network the two machines. If so, How do I do it? I appreciate any help. Copy it the dbx-files to CD and restore them to your new computer (remove the "Read Only" file attribute. Then point to the files by going to Tools-> Options-> tab Maintenance-> button Store Folder... For more assistance ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer ...

Excel 2007 and Word 2007 Hangs when using the File -> Open command
I have a couple users that when they have Excel 2007 or Word 2007 open, and click the File -> Open option, and choose a file, it either takes about 3 minutes to open the file or the program will crash. If they were to double click on the documents or spreadsheets, the doc or sheet will open right up. This is happening on the user's Hard drive as well as network drives. Once you get a file opened in Word or Excel, however, the next time you go to File -> Open, it's really fast to open the file. ...

Invert Send and Receive
Trying to avoid error 503, I'd like to know whether there is any hidden trick to invert the sequence Send&Receive to Receive&Send Outlook is version 2003 TIA -- /-\ /\/\ /\/\ /-\ /\/\ /\/\ /-\ T /-\ http://www.boincsynergy.com/images/stats/comb-2591.jpg If you go into the Properties of the account and then select More Settings and then Outgoing Server you can specify that you log into the incoming mail server first - is this what you were after! "Ammammata" <ammammata@tiscalinet.it> wrote in message news:mn.6ae67d5a55f1e1a5.37434@tiscalinet.it... > Tr...

Can't send large attachments
I can't seem to find the place in Outlook to change the size of outgoing attachments. My ISP has a 10mb limit but Outlook seems to balk at anything larger than 2mb. Anyone? -- Nadyne Nelson nadyne@prospectiveplanning.com Nadyne on MSN Messenger Cable/DSL or dialup? If Cable/DSL, are you behind a router (Linksys) that lets you share a single IP address with many computers? "Nadyne Nelson" <nadyne@verizon.net> wrote in message news:Sizgc.19499$G_.13360@nwrddc02.gnilink.net... > > I can't seem to find the place in Outlook to change the size of ...

cant open a link from an email
i recently rebulit my laptop and now in outlook 2003 when ever i click on a link in the email i get a error that says: "This opperation has been cancled due to restrictions ineffect on this computer. please contact your system administrator" i have look into the zone settings and cant get this fixed. any help to get this to work would be appriciated. jmilner@iconicnetworks.com <jmilner@iconicnetworks.com> wrote: > i recently rebulit my laptop and now in outlook 2003 when ever i click > on a link in the email i get a error that says: > "This opperation has been...

add external application icon on toolbarr in R8
Kindly have a external application icon (like Frx) on the toolbar available that when you click on the icon it opens up the external application automatically. Having the Shortcut menu added to the toolbar is close, but not exactly what we are looking for. If there is a way to add the actual shortcut, such as a Smartlist, or an external application as an icon to just click on to open it would be great. I think that capability went away with Release 8.0. 3rd parties who have full blown Dexterity apps can still do it, but I think when pallets went away, so did this. Alan "mult...

Outgoing email attachments
We currently use Ipswitch's ICS for email here. But I'm interested to know if Exchange is capable of the following (ICS is not) as we're looking for alternatives to ICS: 1. I want to allow all INCOMING emails to users containing attachments (as long they pass anti-virus scans of course). 2. I want to allow all OUTGOING emails from our users containing attachments to within our own domain. 3. I want to block all or some attachments (based on file types) for OUTGOING emails to external domains for certain users - not all users. Of course, this is for security reasons as we ...

Invalid Add-in error message
When I open Outlook 2003, I keep getting the following error message: C:\Documents and Settings\Amanda\Application Data\Microsoft\AddIns\outlvba.dll is not a valid Office Add-in. Then I am booted from Outlook. How can I fix this? Try renaming outlvba.dll to outlvba.bak. Go to the add/remove applet in the control panel and perform a detect and repair on Office/Outlook 2003. /neo ps - outlvba.dll normally exists at \Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\ADDINS. I've never seen it under a user profile. "urbangirl" <urbangirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

How to configure replies when using multiple email addresses?
Good morning, Here is my problem. There are several people in our organization that receive email from two different email domains, for the sake of argument, lets call them user1@abc.com and user1@xyz.com. Email from both email domains are routed through our Exchange server and then the clients receive their email through their Outlook clients, (Exchange 2000 and Outlook 2002). Abc.com is the primary email domain, and we have setup a partnership with another company, hence the arrival of the xyz.com domain. When they reply to an email, regardless if it arrives to their abc.com or xyz....

Word not outlining like I tell it

"Unknown tranform" with enveloped-signature in WSE1.0SP1
I am trying to check a SOAP signature with WSE 1.0 SP1, but with a certain transform I only get an "Unknown tranform" [sic] exception. The SOAP signature is like this: <ds:Signature> <ds:SignedInfo> <ds:CanonicalizationMethod Algorithm="http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-xml-c14n-20010315"/> <ds:SignatureMethod Algorithm="http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#rsa-sha1"/> <ds:Reference Id="" URI="#TGSS01"> <ds:Transforms> <ds:Transform Algorithm="http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#enveloped-signature"/>...

ShAutComplete
Hello there, I am working on a browser based application, currently using ShAutoComplete in order to provide Auto complete facility for combo box used to enter the address of page that you want to browser. Used ShAutoComplete with SHACF_URLALL to show list of recently browsed web pages and webpage in history. Now how can I add address of web page browsed through my application into that list ? Means If I browser http://msn.com in my application, then it should go in the recently browsed page list that ShAutoComplete uses. Awaiting for your comments. The interface you are looking for ...

Emails from Outlook to Hotmail accounts
I have just change my email client from Outlook Express to Outlook 2002. Messages sent to Hotmail addresses are not getting through and produce a message: 550 Recipient Not Authorised [recipient rejected due to no authorised destination groups] If anyone can tell me how to overcome this I should be most grateful. You may need to set up authentication to your outgoing server, which can be done on the "Outgoing Server" tab for your account (press the "More Settings..." button on the account page). -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided &quo...

email privacy in outlook 2000
i delete all emails and empty folder. I do not want a computer genius to find any ofmy emails on my drive. how can i insure these emails are deleted fromt he hard drive? Thanks you Microsoft Outlook stores everything (mail, contacts, tasks, calendar, .etc) in the *.PST file. Therefore the best you could do after a large amount of delets is to run the compact option. (Right click on Personal Folders and select properties. Select Advanced button and then compact.) "Janice" <Janice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FDD48CD4-77B0-42C6-BF75-0D9930FD45DD@...

How to add time in mini second
i don't know how to add time in mini second eg. 1min 20 sec 09 mini sec plus 30sec 04mini sec. First format A1 thru A3 as: Custom > hh:mm:ss.000 in A1 enter: 00:01:20.009 in A2 enter: 00:00:30.004 in A3 enter: =A1+A2 and you will see: 00:01:50.013 just remember to enter the leading hours and minutes, even if they are zero!! -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200838 "happythong" wrote: > i don't know how to add time in mini second > eg. 1min 20 sec 09 mini sec plus 30sec 04mini sec. ...

Add lines to a renewed contract
Whenever I try to add a new contract line while renewing a contract (ie the customer has purchased an item during the year and the contract template is coverage dates), the system rejects the new line with "invalid coverage dates". Doesnt seem to matter what dates are entered. Please advise how to add new lines while renewing a contract. Thanks Prue ...

Multiple emails sent, stays in Outbox
We are using a DSL line with Outlook 2002. We have McAfee virus protection and a router for our small office. The account is a POP account. When sending emails with pictures attached or a large number of recipients, the emails sits in the Outbox and shows that is has not been sent. It does not show as having been sent at all, but the recipient receives numerous copies of the one email. I can't figure out if it is Microsoft Outlook or a DSL problem. kathryn wrote: > *We are using a DSL line with Outlook 2002. We have > McAfee virus protection and a router for our small ...

OL2003
OL2003 has suddenly decided to start filtering my mail. I've made NO changes to my Outlook config, and I prefer to use Qurb as my Spam filtering. Junk E-mail filtering HAS NOT responded to changes in it's settings. I've changed to "No Automatic Filtering", but it still filters. Deleted & re-created Outlook profile. I thought I recalled seeing that I had to be using Exchange Cached Mode to use Junk E-mail filtering, and I'm not. Nevermind, another admin installed the Intelligent Message Filter on our Exchange Server without telling anyone....... F*%king ad...