When I try to insert a page number I can't. Get error message???

When I try to insert a page number in Word all I get is a "save selection to
page number gallery."  But you can't click on it.  Then an error message will
come up that says something about not being able to do this.  This has just
started happening.  this is the first time I couldn't add one.  I am working
on a graduate paper and have to have page numbers, help!!

Exit Word and then delete the Building Blocks.dotx file in your user
profile. When you restart Word, a new copy of the file with factory default
settings will be recreated.

Note that you'll find the Building Blocks.dotx file in a subfolder of
Document Building Blocks. You can open that folder via Start | Run. Just
type

"%appdata%\Microsoft\Document Building Blocks\"

and press Enter.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"GrammyMeg" <GrammyMeg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I try to insert a page number in Word all I get is a "save selection
> page number gallery."  But you can't click on it.  Then an error message
> will
> come up that says something about not being able to do this.  This has
> just
> started happening.  this is the first time I couldn't add one.  I am
> working
> on a graduate paper and have to have page numbers, help!!

0
Stefan

Runtime Error when closing OUTLOOK 2k

XCH Error 3092, OAB replication

Inserting form values into a table

Counting number of X's in a column

Trying to find out which numbers occure most often
I�m giving exams to students and want to see if the students are missin the same questions in every class. I have a simple spreadsheet tha has me enter the question number into the column each time a questio is missed. The MODE function can tell me which number is occurrin most often. However, I need to see if there is any other numbers tha are occurring often as well. Is there a command that will allow me to look at the second mos entered number? For example, if I have 5,3,3,2,3,4,3,4,1,3,4, my mod would be 3 as that�s the number that repeats the most. However, happens 3 times and that...

"Save" preferences getting lost
List members: I work on long documents and want to save my work frequently. Every time I set the "Save" preference to a brief interval like five or ten minutes, the preferences seemingly resets itself to a default of thirty minutes. I'm using Word 2008 for the Mac on an Intel running 10.6.2. Thanks in advance for any thoughts. - Mark Pavlick Hi Mark: That indicates that your user ID does not have permission to write to the preference file that Word is using, or that something is replacing the preference file. With the help of your System...

Linker Error after upgrade from VC7.1

Message comes as an attachment

why are links to websites (inserted in publisher documents) disab.
why are links to websites and e-mailadresses (inserted in publisher documents) still working in emailpreview but disabled in webpage preview? ...

DNS Error on Exchange

error on upgrade: ID 4386

Number 040
How can I put the numbers starting by zero? I want to put the number 040 as a number but it dont allow me. Any help... -- Drazic ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Drazic's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24602 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=381894 to put 040, enter '040 but this converts it to text. Another method would be to enter 40 and then format the cell as custo and enter 000 in the box. Manges -- mangesh_yada ---------------------------------------------...

Trying to read XML file into dataset

How do I recover my messages in my mailbox?
When I use Outlook, my e-mails in the original e-mail address are automatically deleted. But they are still in outlook not in my mail address. I want them back. Because I can not see my mails when I sign in from other computers. It sucks. On Sun, 28 Mar 2010 20:24:01 -0700, whereisnara <whereisnara@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Please ask your question in a forum for Outlook; this one is about the Microsoft Access database product. -Tom. Microsoft Access MVP >When I use Outlook, my e-mails in the original e-mail address are >automatically deleted. But th...

error 0x800cc0f