When I insert a table the text after in moves to the next page

I would be grateful for any help!  I am using styles formatting and am doing
a report.  When I insert a table the text moves to the next page, what ever I
do.  It is driving me mad!  I can't find a style option for tables and can't
seem to save the table as a new style

Adding new contents would move existing contents down the page, or even to
the next page if there isn't room on the current page...

Display nonprinting marks, for example by pressing Ctrl+Shift+8 (acts as a
toggle). Are there any blank paragraphs (�) on the page? If so, remove them.
Your text paragraphs should remain on the page (assuming that they "fit").
Other factors of importance are the settings for the text, such as "Keep
with next" and "Keep lines together" (Paragraph dialog box).

Table styles are supported, in Word 2002 and later, but you may not find
them very useful; see
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/tablestyles/index.html.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Boomdang" <Boomdang@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I would be grateful for any help!  I am using styles formatting and am
>doing
> a report.  When I insert a table the text moves to the next page, what
> ever I
> do.  It is driving me mad!  I can't find a style option for tables and
> can't
> seem to save the table as a new style

0
Stefan
12/22/2009 6:29:26 PM
Thanks Stefan

The problem wasn't not enough space on the page!!  Do know enough to work
out if that was the issue.  But I didn't know about the keep lines together
etc options and keep with next has worked!!!  Yeah!   Much appreciated!!
Kirsty

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

> Adding new contents would move existing contents down the page, or even to
> the next page if there isn't room on the current page...
>
> Display nonprinting marks, for example by pressing Ctrl+Shift+8 (acts as a
> toggle). Are there any blank paragraphs (¶) on the page? If so, remove them.
> Your text paragraphs should remain on the page (assuming that they "fit").
> Other factors of importance are the settings for the text, such as "Keep
> with next" and "Keep lines together" (Paragraph dialog box).
>
> Table styles are supported, in Word 2002 and later, but you may not find
> them very useful; see
> http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/tablestyles/index.html.
>
> --
> Stefan Blom
> Microsoft Word MVP
>

> "Boomdang" <Boomdang@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I would be grateful for any help!  I am using styles formatting and am
> >doing
> > a report.  When I insert a table the text moves to the next page, what
> > ever I
> > do.  It is driving me mad!  I can't find a style option for tables and
> > can't
> > seem to save the table as a new style
>

> .

I'm glad you got it sorted, and thank you for the feedback.

--

> Thanks Stefan
>
> The problem wasn't not enough space on the page!!  Do know enough to work
> out if that was the issue.  But I didn't know about the keep lines
> together
> etc options and keep with next has worked!!!  Yeah!   Much appreciated!!
> Kirsty
>
> "Stefan Blom" wrote:
>
>> Adding new contents would move existing contents down the page, or even
>> the next page if there isn't room on the current page...
>>
>> Display nonprinting marks, for example by pressing Ctrl+Shift+8 (acts as
>> toggle). Are there any blank paragraphs (�) on the page? If so, remove
>> them.
>> Your text paragraphs should remain on the page (assuming that they
>> "fit").
>> Other factors of importance are the settings for the text, such as "Keep
>> with next" and "Keep lines together" (Paragraph dialog box).
>>
>> Table styles are supported, in Word 2002 and later, but you may not find
>> them very useful; see
>> http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/tablestyles/index.html.
>>
>> --
>> Stefan Blom
>> Microsoft Word MVP
>>

>> "Boomdang" <Boomdang@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I would be grateful for any help!  I am using styles formatting and am
>> >doing
>> > a report.  When I insert a table the text moves to the next page, what
>> > ever I
>> > do.  It is driving me mad!  I can't find a style option for tables and
>> > can't
>> > seem to save the table as a new style
>>

>> .

0
Stefan

Publisher 2003, inserting information into labels
I have created a label template in Publisher 2003. There are six labels per page. The only item that will change on each label will be the serial number. I have tried to use the catelog merge to get the respective serial numbers on each of the labels. Unfortunately, that has not worked. Instead of getting six different serial numbers on six different labels per page, I get one serial number on six different labels on one page. Is there a way to get different six different serial numbers on six different labels on one page? You may have to run this through twice or setup your names ...

Linking to internal visio pages
Hi all, I've been trying to figure out a way to link to an specific page that is imbedded in a visio file saved as a web page. For example: I have a visio file that consists of 12 pages accessed by tabs along the bottom of the screen. When I export this file as a webpage, access to the individual pages appears as a pull down menu on the left side of the page. The file is given an address, but not the individual pages, so if I create a link to the visio file it always defaults to the first page. Is there anyway to link to specific pages within the file? Thanks in advance, Tim ...

trouble sending/forwarding mail in RTF or plain text via VPN
While using a VPN on a wireless network, Outlook functions fine EXCEPT that I cannot send/forward mail that is not in HTML format. When doing so, I only get the message that Outlook is searching for my corporate mail server. Other functions seem to work fine. Any clues?! Thanks-- ...

Using insert to paste a row--how done in Excel 2007
Hi, In my old version of Excel, I could copy a row or chunk of rows, move to a new spot and use the "insert row" icon to insert the rows and paste it automatically. Now in Office 2007 it just inserts a row instead of what I have copied. I want it the old way! How do I do it? -- Thanks, PTweety R-click, Insert Copied Cells. pickytweety wrote: > Hi, > In my old version of Excel, I could copy a row or chunk of rows, move to a > new spot and use the "insert row" icon to insert the rows and paste it > automatically. Now in Office 2007 it just inserts a r...

Changing text size
Hi, We enter all our customers in our database in all caps (text) for the names, and addresses. But when you put in the zip code and the database auto finds the town and state it is put in upper, and lower case. Is there a way to change this default to all caps for the auto fill. I am experienced in editing xml. files ( just a note) Any help would be appreciated.....Dennis No, there's no way to change that in the front end, that's something that is happening at display time and is meant to make the data more readable. You could enter a suggestion on Customer Sou...

Moving my Outlook files to new computer
How can I move my Outlook 2003 files (Contacts, Calendar, mail, etc) to a new computer? ...

Changing the Tooltip text in an SDI Toolbar
I've been trying to find a way to change the tootip info for a toolbar. Currently, I've tried getting the toolbar CToolBarCtrl and CToolTipCtrl objects but haven't been able to figure out what to do with them. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Ken If you are talking about tooltip info of a particular button on a toolbar, change it in resource editor by double clicking on the button and changing the text that appears at the bottom of the dialog. Text that appears before \n is tootip. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Ken Slight" <kslight@char...

importing multiple text files???
Hi, I am experiencing a big problem. As a part of my analysis for PhD I have to analyze more then 1000 files. The data that I have is in text files. To be more precise, I have 5 different data sets, from different meteo centres, each centre has a data set of 365 files for each day during the year. The format of text files is something as following: Camborne Met. Office WINDS rev 4.1 50.20 -5.30 88 02 01 01 00 00 23 0 29 3 35 07:09 (3.0) 07:09 (3.0) 06:08 (3.0) 284 284 65 65 400 400 23 23 12.5 12.5 1 1500 1500 35 35 400 400 43 90.0 43 74.5 313 74.5 HT SPD DIR Radials... 0.101 9.8 113 0.0...

How do I delete a text box from an Excel spreadsheet?
Rightclick on it and select cut If the textbox is from the control toolbox toolbar, you may have to click on the designmode icon first. Uncle Binky wrote: -- Dave Peterson ...

query with inline dummy table
Is there a way in Access to create a query that contains the table records within the query itself? I want to avoid creating a dummy table and just use values within the query definition. I was thinking about using syntax similar to the insert into statement I would use to populate the dummy table, but I'm not sure if I have a syntax problem or I'm trying to solve an impossible problem. The query I'm thinking of might look something like this: select * from values("test"); -or- select * from ( ("1/1/07","2/1/07","3/1/07","4/1/07&qu...

workaround for non normalized table
I've inherited a database that relies heavily on a non normalized table. Until I can convince the general manager that I can normalize the data without losing any records, I've got to have a workaround for certain situations. Namely, I need to ensure that data is not being badly reproduced at various stages of our operations. I would therefore like to reference the information directly from the main table in order to populate certain information in related tables. In this case, the main table uses [Order Number] as its primary key, and ties it to a bunch of information like ...

Moving Average Trendline
The graph I am creating has a lot of noise in it. I want to smooth it out. Right now I am using a moving average trendline that kind of does the trick. When I do this I want to be able to work with the points that it has created to make the trendline. Is there a way to get the points that this line makes up? Or is there a way to filter the points in the graph such as take every tenth data point or would I have to do that with the original set used to make the graph by using a macro or something like that? You can calculate your own moving average. Say your data is in column D, sta...

Error in code exportin tables to excel
I'm tryin to export a table to excel with the code: Private Sub Command4_Click() On Error GoTo Err_Command0_Click Dim stDocName As String stDocName = "F01_UT" DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acExport, acSpreadsheetTypeExcel9, F01_UT, "C:\TRY\Tbls", True Exit_Command0_Click: Exit Sub Err_Command0_Click: MsgBox Err.Description Resume Exit_Command0_Click End Sub However, Access displays the message: Compile error : Syntax error What I'm doing wrong? If I want to export more tablas do I have to write more lines (DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acExport, acSpr...

Field service table structure and field definitions
The 9 SDK does not reference or define the fields or tables for the Field service component. Where can I find this information? I need to move RMA into a data warehouse and am having significant trouble identifying the data flows. Thanks, Will You may want to contact I.B.I.S. They wrote the application. -- Charles Allen, MVP "WS" wrote: > The 9 SDK does not reference or define the fields or tables for the Field > service component. Where can I find this information? I need to move RMA > into a data warehouse and am having significant trouble identifying th...

one page in booklet format
How do I tell Publisher 2000 to print just page one and 4 and then pause while i reinsert the paper to print pages 2 and 3? duff wrote: > How do I tell Publisher 2000 to print just page one and 4 and then > pause while i reinsert the paper to print pages 2 and 3? File > Print > Pages 1 to 1 > OK > Print as separate booklet = No. Flip pages. File > Print > Pages 2 to 2 > OK > Print as separate booklet = No. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org ...

VBA code to hide all the tables on form open
I don't want people to use a blank mdb to import my tables. I manually hide them all. However, after running the macro to delete all records and import from .txt, the table become unhide. I do the importation on daily basis. I posted to macro newsgroup and asked way to hide table after importation action macro but got no answer. Maybe it cannot be done in macro? If so, I need VBA code to hide all the tables on form open. Thanks. Hiding your tables won't prevent people from being able to import them into a blank mdb. All they have to do is ensure that they've set the datab...

Conditionally inserting image
Hi there, Does anyone out there know if its possible in Excel (2002) to conditionally insert an image into a file based upon the results of formula. So for instance... If a2 > 100 then [insert red traffic light image] Else If a2 > 50 then [insert amber traffic light image] Else [insert green traffic light image] Im familiar with VBA and wonder if that holds the solution but either way Im not sure how to reference each image (& dont know how each image is stored)? Any advice greatly appreciated. Phil You don't need an image. You can simply use conditional formatting on...

Sharing chart on two pages
Hello, I have a worksheet where I put some datas and then under this datas is a chart. Place taken by this data isn't static - once there is more datas and the other time there is more datas. I have problem with this chart, because sometimes chart is shared between two pages on printing. Is there a possibility to use something like property "keep together" in crystal reports where object is printed whole on one page (if there is no enough place it's started pritnting on next page)? Maybe somebody knows how to do it in macro if there is no appropriote property -- Bes...

Keeping a range constant when inserting rows
Hello, I'm trying to keep a range of cells constant within a function when I insert a row (e.g. average(a1:a6) becomes average(a1:a7) but I want it to keep the a1:a6 range). Even if I use absolute cell references ($a$1:$a$6), it doesn't help. I would greatly appreciate any ideas. Thanks, Jeff Jeff, In your formula, use: =AVERAGE(INDIRECT("A1:A6")) Absolute cell references (dollar signs) do one thing only: They keep any copies you make of the cell references from changing relatively as they're copied. They still change when the cells to which they refer are m...

dynamically filtered pivot table
I'm trying to make a pivot table that will dynamically hide a section o its contents based on a boolean operator the user can set. Becaus this boolean is used in several places, I don't want to require th user to manually set the visibility parameters for the pivot table. It seems like the only way to do this effectively is to have th booleans set by a button, and have the button not only toggle th boolean, but also change the visibility in the pivot table. here's the code i've tried: Sub ToggleButton1_Click() If ToggleButton1.Caption = "Include" Then 'C...

Exporting a table from Access 2003 to Excel 2007
I am trying to export a table from Access 2003 with more than 100,000 records into Excel 2007 and am not having any luck. I do not find the 2007 file extension in the drop down and choosing the latest version only exports part of the table. Any thoughts on whether this is possible to do? -- Carol Hi Carol, This is even hard to do with Excel 2007. You won't be able to do it directly with Excel 2003. You could export the file as a comma separated value with a csv suffix. By default Excel usually opens csv files. However you may lose formatting and other stuff. I ju...

45 Degree Angled Text & Fill Option
I have Excel 2003 (11.6355.6360) running on XP and I'm wondering if this is a bug or not. If you have text in the first Row and you set it to 45 degrees angled, if you try and fill different cells with different fill colors, sometimes the box will fill angled, othertimes straight up and down. As a simple test, try creating a blank worksheet and make the first 3 columns 35 each in width and 100 in height. The type some text in each of the cells - not too much. Now select all 3 cells and format their alignment to 45 degrees. Now pick each one of the cells and fill each with a different ...

Word 2003-Page Orientation
I have a long Word 2003 document with all pages in portrait orientation except one. That page contains a table the size of which requires landscape orientation. I have always done this by inserting section breaks before and after this page. But now for some reason I can't get the orientation to change either on-screen or in my printer. When I check the page orientation in that page (section) it is set to landscape. Suspecting typical Word corruption (this document was made from previous versons of the same stuff) I did the usual copy-and-paste all but the last few empty ...

publisher 2003 will not insert MS clipart #2
Error message - Publisher cannot insert this picture into the publication. The appropriate graphic converter is not available. For information on running Setup to install converters, press F1. "Pub 2003 will not insert MS cliipart" wrote: > Error message - Publisher cannot insert this picture into the publication. > The appropriate graphic converter is not available. For information on > running Setup to install converters, press F1. p.s. to this message, F1 provides no information and I already cleared cache in IE tools. Did not work. Clipart will not insert. &qu...

How can I insert a cell reference in a footer (eg for variable foo
Any ideas on how to do this? I'm trying to create a template with the doc reference number in the footer However, I'm trying to avoid users having to edit the footer (because this just wont get done). Hi only possible with VBA using an event procedure. e.g. put the following code in your workbook module for cell A1 Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) Dim wkSht As Worksheet For Each wkSht In Me.Worksheets With wkSht.PageSetup .CenterFooter = wksht.range("A1").value End With Next wkSht End Sub -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Ger...