when i import a file into a Word it adopts different formatting

When importing a file the document adopts odd formatting.  For example -
paragraphs suddenly appear in bold - alignment changes etc.  It does not
adopt the format of the original document.  I know that I could use Format
Painter to correct this - but the documents are often very long and it is too
time consuming to do so.

Which styles are applied to the inserted text? Modify those styles in the target
document.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Chelbo" <Chelbo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When importing a file the document adopts odd formatting.  For example -
> paragraphs suddenly appear in bold - alignment changes etc.  It does not
> adopt the format of the original document.  I know that I could use Format
> Painter to correct this - but the documents are often very long and it is too
> time consuming to do so.

0
Stefan

outcmd file
We have several computers that continually have a corrupt outcmd.dat file. We have renamed these files and allowed outlook to rebuild the file as per Knowledge Base Article 241390, however they continue to become corrupt. Is there a permanent fix? ...

Saving a file
Hello, Can someone tell me if it is possible to save an Excel file as a Word document? If so, how would I do that? When doing a save as, the drop down menu doesn't give me that option. Thanks for any help! You cannot directly save an Excel file as a Word file. What you can try is saving the Excel file as a .txt (text) file and then open that file with Word and if it's usable/readable, save it as a .doc file at that point. Note that both .txt and .csv files can be opened with Word or Notepad or any program capable of reading an ASCII text file. "all...

req assist with import and formating a text file
I am way below novice and had this dumped im my lap so I could use a hand if possible. tia --------------- |SMA2 HOST 0| | IDT 2 |25 PRPH 00 1 | IDT 7 |26,28,34,2 SGAT 00 0 | |24,33,7,27 | |29,31,0,30 | | | IDT 13 |3,4,5,6 MNRV 00 0 | |1 | IDT 12 |32,35 ALHB 00 0 The above is 1 example of a printout i get from a dms switch. the printout is actually about 30 pages long. Is there a quick way to get...

Exporting pivot data table into excel for different users in CRM
when a person trying to export static data to excel it is working fine,but when they try for dynamic pivot table data get exported into excel, however excel will try to connect directly to sql, if we provide specific username and its pw,it will work and connection is established while if we try for any other user it wont happen.This is I think due to domain problem. Appreciate if anyone has solution for it? Thanks & Rgds Niranjan ...

How do I open an xls file if I don't have Excel on my computer?
Can i open an xls attachment sent to me via E-mail if I don't have the Excel program on my computer? Install Excel Viewer. Here is link: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=C8378BF4-996C-4569-B547-75EDBD03AAF0&displaylang=en "M. klimo" <M. klimo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FFD75292-933E-4AC6-B5E3-580439A70B7B@microsoft.com... > Can i open an xls attachment sent to me via E-mail if I don't have the > Excel > program on my computer? The free viewer (no changes allowed) from Microsoft: http://office.microso...

Excel Worksheet Cell Formatting
I can't seem to find how to indent the second and subsequent lines of text in a cell; also, how can I implement bullets in the text of a cell ? XL doesn't have advanced text layout functions. Use spaces instead. For bullets, directly enter your symbol of choice. In article <746501c4764e$802aed00$a401280a@phx.gbl>, "John Butler" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I can't seem to find how to indent the second and > subsequent lines of text in a cell; also, how can I > implement bullets in the text of a cell ? Agree that this is pos...

Replying from different mail accounts [SOLVED]
Not so much solved, as I followed some advice here and just reporting back that it worked. I'm really sorry that I cannot recall the poster that gave the advice to give my thanks and credit. Basically, unlike OE, Outlook does not seem to like different email addys being forwarded to the same ISP account. One has to set up separate email accounts with one's ISP/mail setup. So far so good. Cheers, Guy ** Stress - the condition brought about by having to ** resist the temptation to beat the living daylights ** out of someone who richly deserves it. I have already set up separate...

Printing is different from different computers
We store Excel files on one computer on our network and print on to one network printer but can access these files from other computers and print from these other computers. We have found that certain documents (not all) print at a different size when using one computer compared to the others. Nothing seems different and other Excel documents print out identically from all computers. Any ideas, please? maybe using a font the computer doesn't have and it is using a substitute? "KT" wrote: > We store Excel files on one computer on our network and print on to on...

Intercompany capability where companies are setup as different da.
Ability within Great Plains to do intercompany entries for current year and historical year when you have each company setup as a different database. ...

Formula for: Format Decimal places?
Hi, I am trying to find a way to vary the format for a column of numbers, that depend on the size of the input. Would like to change from zero decimal places, to 2 decimal places if > 1000, (am using alternate input if >1000: i.e. Input/1000, then NEED 2 decimal places). Is there a way to modify the number of decimal places viewed, inside an equation. I am using: =IF(AG9=0,"",IF(AT11>1000,TRUNC($AT$7/AG9,2),($AT$5/AG9))) will / need to see number: e.g. 1085, to 1.08; (no rounding up) If function exists, is it possible to modify decimal places from a ...

Format Picture Dialog Box Placement
PowerPoint 2003 on XP. Since a recent rebuild, evey time I press Format Picture/Object the dialog box appears over to the left of my screen and will not remember where I move it to like it used to. Is it possible to reset this so it does remember where I need the dialog box to appear? Is this a registry edit? Many thanks DeanH ...

how do i import clipart into powerpoint
well? what do i do? -- luv lee This is an EXCEL newsgroup. Why don't you ask in a PowerPoint newsgroup. "lee" <lee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D477D57C-7F37-4D5C-B8D0-5456111348F1@microsoft.com... > well? what do i do? > -- > luv lee ...

Options when opening a CSV file
I am creating a Comma Separated File (.csv) from a commercial reportin package (Actuate). When I click on the resulting .csv file, MS Exce opens and the file is read fine, but every column is defaulted to common and narrow width of 8.43. Does anyone know a way to have MS Excel open a .csv file or an .xl file for the first time and have the widths expanded automatically t "Best Possible Fit"? Thanks, We -- wmcafe ----------------------------------------------------------------------- wmcafee's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1682 View ...

FITID Uniqueness in Money OFX files
Can any of you MVP gurus out there help me with this one? I have produced some software which produces OFX files for import into MS Money. It is documented that the transaction ID (FITID) must be "unique", but exactly how "unique" does it have to be to avoid false matches? If a FITID value is reused after a year for the same account, will that produce a false match which might cause a transaction to be overwritten? Thanks in advance, Colin In microsoft.public.money, Colin Smale wrote: >Can any of you MVP gurus out there help me with this one? > >I have produ...

Unbound text control, read from/write to text file
How to have unbound txtMailBody read content from a txt file and write to a txt file? I want user to have his own default content of email body which is from last time he run it. Thanks Why not use a table instead of a text file? Access is designed to use tables. To use a text file you need to reference the File System Object. Google it to find out the details of using it. Since the control is unbound you can read the data in the Current event based on the primary key of your table record. -- Dorian "Give someone a fish and they eat for a day; teach someone to fish an...

Format a single column into a row
I have a collection of column headers and simply want to move them into a single Row up and down. thanks Hi select your headers and copy them choose a blank cell in the row you want to paste them into and choose edit / paste special - transpose - OK delete the original range if you want to cheers JulieD "shepbinker" <shepbinker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9E243D02-84CF-4802-867F-A8FC207BD4E6@microsoft.com... >I have a collection of column headers and simply want to move them into a > single Row up and down. > > thanks shep They are...

Dates Wrong In Imported E-mails
I just upgraded to Microsoft Outlook 2003. I imported my messages from Outlook Express. For some reason, quite a few of my messages have the wrong RECEIVED date. The RECEIVED date is the date when I imported the messages instead of when they were originally sent. Did I do something wrong? What happened? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, BTJustice Instead of importing from Outlook export from within Outlook Express. The dates will stick now. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Offic...

Formatting in Excel 2007 #2
I just got Excel 2007. I'm exporting from an SSRS report to Excel. One of the fields being exported is an identifying number. It is coming accross as 2.00309e+006. I can't get it to look like a regular number. I've tried formatting it as a number with no decimal places. I've tried the same with Currency and Accounting. I've tried Text as well. Please help. Thanks, Jennifer When Excel se something like 123E5 it reads this as 123x10^5 So your identify 'number' is being read as a number not a text Any chance of changing the SSRS file so that field looks like text...

Can I import the contents of folders from BT Internet?
Hello again - I'm still setting up Windows mail.... Question:- Can I import the contents of folders I have set up in BT Internet? Some of these folders have lots of emails in them... I'm not sure how to make Windows Mail import them? Tks "Jane Mann" <janemann54@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:eg5eCsEpKHA.3776@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hello again - I'm still setting up Windows mail.... > > Question:- Can I import the contents of folders I have set up in BT > Internet? Some of these folders have lots of emails in them... I'...

Allow Different Customer IDs for Bill to v Ship to
We often have a Ship to customer that is different from the Bill to customer. We would like the ability to select a separate Customer ID for the Ship to so we can track sales information by the Bill to Customer or by Ship to Customer. -- Elisabeth ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agr...

Powerpoint icon for .xls files?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I recently did a clean install of Office 08, including all updates. <br> Funny thing (well, not really) is that all my excel files (.xls) now have a powerpoint icon. Powerpoint files also, as it should be. Word files (.doc) show up ok. <br> Any ideas how to solve this? I already changed the default application for .xls to neooffice and then back to excel but again got the poerpoint icons... Highlight a bunch of the files go to File menu (from Finder) and choose Get Summary Info. then select Exc...

What could cause XML files to not be completely written?
We've had a month long headache with one of our functions in the CMS we've built. Whenever a page is updated in our CMS, we do a recursive call to the DB to get all the pages (and child pages, and child child pages, etc.) and then create an XML file, and save that to the filesystem. The front end then uses that XML file along with some XSL to create the site menus, site maps, etc. We're having a problem where 99 out of 100 times, this works fine. But that one time, we'll get an incomplete (and therefore invalid) XML file written to the filesystem. No error. Nothing. Jus...

password no longer required for .pst file
When the user opened Outlook 2002 it gave them the opportunity to select a profile, then prompted for the .pst file password. Recently it just started opening without prompting for the password. I went to "change" the password and first left "old password" blank, thinking it no longer had a password. It told me "bad password" I tried changing it again, this time using the password that I know used to be required, entered a new password twice, Closed Outlook, opened the Outlook profile and it went straight in. No password required. Anybody got any ideas? ...

Attach all files in directory to email?
Is it possible to use VBScript to attach all files with a particular extension to an email? How could this be done? "PAkerly" <pakerly@gmail.com> said this in news item news:60dc06b6-6c7c-488a-8ac5-edb19784cffe@r14g2000vbc.googlegroups.com... > Is it possible to use VBScript to attach all files with a particular > extension to an email? > > How could this be done? Use the File System Object to pick up the names of all files with the desired extension, then use the script below to generate the mail message. You need to inlcude one .AddAttachment li...

Copying rows from Subsidary Files To Mastersheet with Formulas
Hallo NG, the solution from Don/Merjet is also useful for me, but i need a little modification. (Thread: Copying rows from Subsidary Files To Mastersheet How is the code to change, that also formulas are copied into the Master-Table ? Thanks ! Volker Volker, The last question suggested that you needed to switch from sheets to workbooks, is this still the case? Post your current code and explain exactly what you want to change. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Volker Hormuth&...