What is a good program to convert pdf files to word?

I want to be able tosave pdf files as word files.

PDF is essentially a graphics format. How well it can be converted to Word
format rather depends on what it contains. The most reliable method is to
use OCR software, such as Finereader.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"Cookie" <Cookie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I want to be able tosave pdf files as word files.

0
Graham
1/26/2010 7:32:58 AM
I have had varying results with SolidConvertor, as Graham mentioned, it does
depend greatly on how the PDF was created in the first place and what it
contains, plain scans or selectable text.
Best of luck
DeanH

"Cookie" wrote:

> I want to be able tosave pdf files as word files.

Help needed with Money 2003 files
Hi there, I've been using money 2003 for years even when upgrading to new PC's as I had the original disk. I've just had to rebuild my hard drive and now cannot find the disk anywhere so cannot install Money. As you cannot now buy Money, I've tried downloading the trial version of Money so that I can access all the account details/balances but it says that they're not compatible with earlier versions of money. Is there anything that I can do to get these files open or have I lost all my records for the last 6 years? I'd really appreciate your assistance. Jayne EggHead...

hosts file
Hi all, After I modified HOSTS file in another directory I can not replace the one on windows/system32/drivers/etc. He account I use is administrator. I have windows vista home premiun SP1. By the way a virus altered HOSTS file and can not connect to internet with firefox, I added 127.0.0.1 to the file in order to make it work. Thanks a lot for any help. perhaps a freeware called spybot can help. first immunize then go to the tools section and see if the hosts file is visiable. in any case here is some more info: http://tinyurl.com/yafnssc -- db���...

Archive Money File
Need a little help. I've been using Money since it first came out many years ago. My .mny file is now 35,444KB after I archive all the transactions prior to 1/1/2004. I have bought and sold a lot of stocks, bonds, cars, etc. over the last 10 years or so. Is there any way to clear out the old "investment" transactions without affecting the networth history? Nope. For many reasons, archiving is lame and destructive and many of us recommend against it and do not do it ourselves. My file is well over 50 MB. I live with it and rather prefer that all of this historical ...

Incorrect formatting opening .csv file in Excel
When opening a database generated .csv file with the following data: "1","10E-024","1" Excel opens it incorrectly formatting the text as a scientific number: 1 1.0E-24 1 If I save the file as .txt, and open in excel using the import wizard, I can specify that the column should be text, and the item code 10E-024 appears correctly. However this is far from ideal, as it relies on a manual step and the file cannot be saved as .csv again - otherwise the same fault happens next time the file it opened. Is there a way of forcing Excel to open .csv files in raw da...

Word 2008- Save and name with applescript
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have a .dot template file that I use daily. I don't have a problem with the rest of the script but i'd like to replace two dialog boxes with text that i've already entered in fields DName and DOB, but for the life of me cannot figure out how to reference or pull the text out of these two text fields in a word 2008 document. Essentially the first two text form fields in the document contain the name and date of birth and i want to turn that into the file name. <br><br>i.e. what i've ...

Merging Excel Sheet with Excel Sheet (Just like in MS Word!)
Hi everyone, Purpose: create classroom roster between one Excel spreadsheet as data source and another excel sheet. I know how to use one excel spreadsheet as a data source to merge with another word document; however, by using this method, I found that the link between the files keep dropping from time to time, especially when the folder has been moved around. I'm thinking of creating the same layout of the Word document in another Excel spreadsheet and somehow "LINK" the data source and the other spreadsheet together, but I'm not sure how, or whether thi...

how to change default delivery location to my new pst file
dear all. my user has outlook 2000 sp3 running on windows 2000. i have change the default delivery location to my new pst file in account manager, but it did not work, new email is delivered to old pst file. do you have any idea on resolving this issue?? Try renaming the old .pst to .old and then retry it when Outlook is opened - point it to the new .pst file. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, sf= asked: | dear al...

Cant open PDF in OWA 2003
Hi, If I receive a PDF attachment from someone on my Exchange 2003 SP2 server I have to save it to the local disk to view it. However, if I receive a PDF attachment from the Internet I am able to view it right insde of the OWA window and don't have to save it to the local disk. Any ideas? Thanks If you're using Adobe Reader v6 or earlier, go to v7.0.9 or v8. We had a similar issue where people could not open a link to a PDF file from Outlook and updating Adobe Reader fixed it. Ray "poguemahone" <poguemahone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9ACCC...

Is there a way to change the effective date on EFT transmit files?
I'm trying to determine if there is a way to adjust the effective date that is located on the transmit file for EFT file transmissions. Our transmit files show the current date as the effective date for our batches. We'd like to see a day or 2 later. I believe the location of this "effective date" is between characters 70 and 75 on the 5 record (company/batch header for all entries). ...

Outlook 2002 Vcard attachment shows as a .msg file-opens but no information
I am receiving forwarded attachments as a Vcard file from a contact list. It shows up as an envelope on the attachment and as a .msg file. It opens but there is no information there other than a name. Is there a setting in Outlook that is incorrect or is this something to do with a setting in the Microsoft Exchange Server Administrative Rules. I have searched the knowledge base and cannot find any specific answers yet. Anyone have any feedback on this or the same problem? Help! Thanks. Carl ...

Filing away posting Journals
I am wondering according to which number i should file away my posting journals in GL,PM,RM,BM I need a consistent filing system for my client,since he doesn't like the fact that GP has no auto batch number. another question: how can i trace a paybles transaction from payables to GL in Payables Management (in other words i want to see the gl transaction from payables) Thanks ...

Unable to open MDE file
Hi, I am using office 2000 and I am unable to open an Access file. I receive the following error message "You cannot convert or enable an MDE file". I was able to open this file till yesterday. I haven't installed any software since yesterday which safely rules out any problems due to a third party software etc. Hoping for a quick resolution to my problem. Thanks , Nik Hopefully you still have access to the .mdb file from which the .mde was created. You don't state which version the .mde was created in. In any case, there's precious little you can do with one...

XmlDocument does not release the Xml file
Hello, I am finding trouble while using XmlDocument class to parse my xml documents reside in file system. The problem is, I have a function that loads the XmlDocument and the function is called many times during the execution context; the first call goes ok but the second call throws the exception that 'File is being used by another process'. I am writing the function this way. public void ReadXml(string path) { XmlDocument xmlDoc = new XmlDocument(); xmlDoc.Load(path); XmlNode node = xmlDocument.SelectSingleNode("/Employee[sal > 30]"); blah blah blah } an...

Publish to Sharepoint from Word?
Hello, When we had our old Sharepoint I was able to publish from Word and Excel to Sharepoint. When I try to do that now it does not work. In Word, when I want to publish my document, I was able to publish it to (Office button --> Publish -->) Document Management Server. But when I have the 'Save As' window open, no Sharepoint server is available. When I press the 'Create New Folder (Alt+F4) I am able to add the Sharepoint server. But when all administrative actions have been performed, no Sharepoint server is available in my 'Save As' window. And wh...

How to convert a Publisher document for blind readers?
We're a church that uses Publisher to produce a weekly 4-page booklet that we print and distribute on Sunday. I'd like to email the document in advance to some blind congregants who have a text reader on their computer at home. When I convert the doc to plain text, the order of the text gets messed up. How can I convert the Publisher doc to a format easily read by text readers for the blind while maintaining the correct order of words? Thanks in advance for your help. Can the readers they use read .pdf files? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Mic...

[Excel 2003] problem in files with pivottables after install Office Service Pack 3
Hi all. System: Windows XP Pro SP2, Office 2003 Professional + Service Pack 3 I have a problem with some xls files after install office service pack 3. With service pack 2 this files normal open. With service pack 3 after open file displays dialog (my translate from russian) "In workbook ... have contents which can not be read. Try restore contents of workbook ? If you trust source of this workbook, press button YES". If I press "No" - file not opens. If I press "Yes", displays next dialog. This dialog form content a list of corrections in file. Biggest pa...

IE8 , Network Share / Drive Map
A client system (XP SP3, Novell Network ZENworks/Groupwise, Non-Admin account) here is having issues saving documents from within IE8 to her assigned Network drive. (I know more technical details for the network/setup may be warranted but for now I'm hoping someone has seen this or knows a fix based on this basic info) None of her mapped network drives show up as possible save locations from within the IE8 "save as" dialogue. Her drives are working fine otherwise; she can read, write, delete, etc. to them from Windows Explorer and other programs. There doesn't seem to be a...

Listing files with full path
Is there any function which acts like Dir but returns the full path of the file and not just its filename? I want to find files of a type in several directories, load the names in an array then go through them all and process them. It would help if the file names in the array contained the path information so that the part of the macro which does the processing can go straight to the file without having to worry about which folder it's in. Grateful for advice. Don't you already know the directory/folder at the time you call Dir? So just concatenate this with the file n...

.msg file access violation in Outlook
Hi, I have a .msg file that was created using Outlook 2000 SP-3. I am able to open the file only once in every boot cycle. The rest of the time I get a shariung violation (when moving/deleting) or an access violation message when re-opening in Outlook. How do I solve this? Thanks. -- AKS "dee" wrote: > Hi, > > I have a .msg file that was created using Outlook 2000 SP-3. > > I am able to open the file only once in every boot cycle. The rest of > the time I get a shariung violation (when moving/deleting) or an access > violation message when re-op...

Convert ASCII to Hex
Hi, I'm not very proficient in Excel, so this may not even be possible.... I do network administration and often find myself having to type in a WEP key in HEX which, especially on a PDA, can be a time consuming task. I was looking to have an excel spreadsheet (pocket excel to be specific) that can convert the ASCII text in one cell to HEX in another. A great "extra" bonus would be that you HAVE to use either 13 or 26 characters. Anyone know of a function that could accomplish this? Thanks so much, STS On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 10:02:14 -0400, "Scott Sanford" <sc...

Combining Excel files
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C39406.568A3A80 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have all my timesheets in separate files and I would like to extract = values from each file to use in analyzing my time spent on projects and = time spend doing administrative tasks, etc. Can someone give me some tips on how to get started (e.g.. how to = extract valves from one file to another) Thanks Cory ------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C39406.568A3A80 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859...

Automatically pull data from one file to populate a template
Hi Everyone... Just beginning to get the hang of vba coding in excel. I would like to implement a new feature in a spreadsheet here at the office. We currently have a master records sheet containing vital information on unit processing. Each unit then has a sub file containing additional information. Currently one must populate the master record file. Then open a template and populate another file with the same information. I would like to streamline this process and have the data in the master record file automatically inserted into the template, allowing the user to only have to ...

converting to pdf and losing things
I have pub 2003, i am creating a document and then converting it to pdf with primo pdf. When it opens up in adobe, some of my text boxes are gone from my original document and I dont know why or how to get them back, I have tried changing them to a simple font like Times New roman, but they are still not showing up. IM on a deadline, someone pls help! Thanks Don't know what to tell you. Download a different converter, see it that cures the problem. There are many. http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=pdf+converter&btnG=Google+Search If all fails send me the file and I will co...

Converting TOC to Text
I cut and paste text from a table of contents into a Word 2003 document. It is very lengthy and I'd rather not re-type the whole long list, since it would take a very long time. However, the TOC formatting is still in the document and I can't get rid of it. I can't include hyperlinks or change font color as a result. I've tried clearing all formatting without effect. Anyone know how to convert a TOC into text? Thanks! Ctrl+Shift+F9 will unlink it. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org &q...

Can't Import old files
I have a system crash and had to re-install XP. My Outlook express files are on a other drive. I had that because of other experience. That worked verry good. But now i want to import my old emails and i can't get them!! I can't acces the files. I have already looked into the help in different sites but no sollution yet. I cant copy,rename, the files. I tried to get them back with DBxpress (recover program) but also that program can't open the files. It look like that the files are protected with a NO write/read function. I can deleted the files but thats not a option till i ha...