What is a file permission error when saving a document in Word 07

I am trying to save a word document I am working on and after I hit save I
get the message "file permission error". What is this? and how do I fix it?
Thankyou

Hi jcs0730,

Is the file on removable media (eg CD/DVD or a USB stick)? If so, that may be the cause of the problem. Alternatively, if you've
accessed the file from a read-only location on a network, you could get such an error if you try to save your changes back to the
same location.

--
Cheers
macropod

"jcs0730" <jcs0730@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D215B7C5-D8B5-4CE8-91D9-F0E0C8C6D4E8@microsoft.com...
>I am trying to save a word document I am working on and after I hit save I
> get the message "file permission error". What is this? and how do I fix it?
> Thankyou

0
macropod

Cannot save my form
Hi.Can you please help me with my problem.I create my database last week.At first,the database worked smoothly.But,when I when I reopen my database,my last forms was dissapeared.Can you help me to solve my problem?Any post will help.Thank you. When you open the database do you see the database window? If not press the F11 key. Next go to Forms on the objects bar. Do you see vertical or horizontal scroll bars? If so the new forms might just be a little off screen and using the scroll bars should find them. -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bont...

Help for time saving!
Hi I have got created an Excel Script that creates a Word Document. A bill. But for only 8 bill entries the script needs to much time. For this entries it works about 30 secounds. If you want to help me look at this page: www.kluesener.info/excel.html And if you find anything that saves time please tell me how I can do it better. Sorry for my bad english Many Thanks Jens ...

MS Money 95 data files

XCH Error 3092, OAB replication

Grammar check not working

"Save" preferences getting lost
List members: I work on long documents and want to save my work frequently. Every time I set the "Save" preference to a brief interval like five or ten minutes, the preferences seemingly resets itself to a default of thirty minutes. I'm using Word 2008 for the Mac on an Intel running 10.6.2. Thanks in advance for any thoughts. - Mark Pavlick Hi Mark: That indicates that your user ID does not have permission to write to the preference file that Word is using, or that something is replacing the preference file. With the help of your System...

Where is the workspace file stored?

Linker Error after upgrade from VC7.1

cant start outlook pst file to large

DNS Error on Exchange

why are links to websites (inserted in publisher documents) disab.
why are links to websites and e-mailadresses (inserted in publisher documents) still working in emailpreview but disabled in webpage preview? ...

error 0x800cc0f

opening .bak file

Trying to read XML file into dataset

saving and distributing a customized desktop
If there a way to customize one desktop and then copy the file to the other workstations so that they are set up the same way? I get calls all day from our users asking that I customizes their outlook to include some of the modifications I've made to my desk. We have Exchange Server and Outlook 2003 SP2. "Herb Segal" <herb@endlar.com> wrote in message news:Olsb5oBpKHA.5508@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > If there a way to customize one desktop and then copy the file to the other > workstations so that they are set up the same way? > > I get c...

error on upgrade: ID 4386

How do I save a Publisher Document as a JPEG file?
I have multliple scanned photos that posted to a Publisher document and I need to email it. I want to save the document as Jpeg, but it doesn't give me that option even when I choose "Save As". Please help!!! I desperately need to sent this email and it's not working!! Desperately seeking jpeg wrote: > I have multliple scanned photos that posted to a > Publisher document and I need to email it. I want to > save the document as Jpeg, but it doesn't give me that > option even when I choose "Save As". Please help!!! I > desperately need to...