What happened to the find file command?

On Microsoft Word 2003, I could use the find file command to find Word files.
 I could search on words in the file and one file names.  I cannot find this
command in Word 2007. Please help!

As far as I know, that command is no longer supported.

Instead, use the Find feature in Windows. Hold the Windows key as you press
F.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"ellenjones6052" <ellenjones6052@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> On Microsoft Word 2003, I could use the find file command to find Word
> files.
> I could search on words in the file and one file names.  I cannot find
> this
> command in Word 2007. Please help!

0
Stefan

Email file location
Can anyone tell me the actual file location of the email received in Microsoft Outlook? As i have to recover the system and thus i would like to backup the email. Would there any problem? Search for pst-files. Make sure you include hidden files/folders. Then connect to it by File-> Open-> Outlook Data File... The default location is; C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Local Settings\Application Data\Outlook -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----...

EXE file distribution issue
Hi: I am about to start distributing some software as an attachment to e-mails. All the recipients are happy with his arrangement, but we have run into a snag. For 99% of us OUTLOOK is set to maximum protection, and we don't want to change it. Unfortunately the Setup software I am using creates an EXE file, and outlook wont let any of the recipients even look at it much less open it!. Is there some way that recipients can override the inabilty to open an exe file on an exception basis? Can one create a script to make this easy for them? For example if the exe comes from a specific sourc...

publisher shuts down when i insert picture from file
The publisher application is shutting down when I try to insert a picture from a file & have done everything but uninstall. I have office small business 2003. Do you get an error? All pictures or just one particular picture? How to view error signatures if an Office program experiences a serious error and quits http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;289508 Try to insert the image in safe mode, if it works you may need an upgraded video driver. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "patchouli"...

E-mail stuck in Inbox, file in use, backup fails
I have a reoccuring problem that is driving me nuts. I have Small Business Server 2003 with Exchange set up. A user keeps getting a specific e-mail in her inbox in the mail store that kills the Veritas backup. The e-mail never makes it to the Outlook 2003 client. If you use OWA, the e-mail shows up there but it will not open. The page not found error is HTTP 500 server error. If you look at the log in Veritas, it says 'file in use' and 'access denied'. On the weekend I rebooted the server remotely and then permanently deleted the e-mail. The backup completed succes...

How To Open OE6 .eml File Extension Emails With WLM
Hi: How can I open my old saved OE6 emails with file extension .eml with WLM? Never dreamed I would have this problem of opening prior Microsoft OE6 emails. Thanks, ColTom2 Just double-click on the .eml file. -- Windows 7 Ultimate http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview http://download.live.com/wlmail "ColTom2" <noemailaddress@nomail.com> wrote in message news:e#ZitFXaKHA.5544@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi: > > How can I open my old saved OE6 emails with file extension .eml with WLM? > > Never dreamed I would have this ...

download Word file into visio 2007
Anyone know how I can import a normal .doc WORD file which has our schools plan into a trial copy of visio 2007. Was going to us Smartdraw but thought as WORD already in use it would be easy to import into another Microsoft programme. Any assistance would be much appreciated. Thanks Alan Speer Since Word is a text tool and Visio is a diagramming tool, what would be the purpose. You might consider just hyperlinking to the word document instead. al "Alan Speer" <Alan Speer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7EA0022B-9B77-4764-AD35-5D342039D2E7@microsoft...

saving excel file with it's add in
Hi, I have an Excel file that uses a formula from an add in installed in m computer (*.xla). How can I save the project including the add in in order to use it i another computer that doesn't have the add in. thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Do you really mean that your workbook uses a function that's in the addin? If yes, I think you have two choices. #1. Take the addin with you (and install it on the other pc). #2. Extract the code/procedure for that function from the addin and put it in your workbook. (If the addin's project is protected, then thi...

how to find which button in a group is checked...
Hi, I have a group of radio buttons (ID_R1, ID_R2, ..etc). I want to know which button is checked. This can be done easily if there is a dialog integer member variable associated with ID_R1 set in the dialog function DoDataExchange(). But could someone show me how to simplify the other often used approach to achieve the same purpose shown below? CButton *p = (CButton*) pDlg->GetDlgItem(IDC_R1); if (p->GetCheck() != 1) { // check through all the buttons p = (CButton*) pDlg->GetDlgItem(IDC_R2); if (p->GetCheck() != 1) { } ... }...

Transfer Groupwise files over to Outlook 2002
All apologies if the answer to the following question is posted to a FAQ page-I have limited acess on this system. What is the best way to save all of my files and folders in Groupwise 5.5 over to MS Outlook 2002? Thank you in advance. Regards, Reuben Navigate to this page -- http://www.slipstick.com/config/ -- and then hover over the link in the left-hand frame that says "Converting to Outlook". There you will find a list of articles that will help you figure out how to convert various types of Groupwise data to Outlook. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent...

cannot receive exe files
We are running on exchange 2003 (plus small business server) and so far we haven't been able to send or receive any mail containing exe attachments. I am aware such attachments are automatically blocked by exchange, but I was thinking is there any way of overriding this rule inside internal network? If there are two internal users exchanging mail, is it possible to send exe file . How safe is to change registry keys so you can avoid that rule? Is there anybody with this problem? I could be wrong, but I don't think that Exchange is what is blocking the attachments. That is usua...

Error can't Find File
Hi, I have a macro that opens a file and pulls any outstanding tasks from the previous day. I have a problem when it is a new month because the previous month's file is called MyFileMarch2010. The macro now looks for MyFileApril2010. How do I capture the error and look for the previous month's file if it is the first business day of the month? Any help or suggestions is appreciated. -- Thank you Dave As ALWAYS, post YOUR code for comments if day(date)=1 then do this else do that end if -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguill...

Automatically creating new pst file when pst is too big
Would anybody know how to automatically create new pst files after it reaches a certain size? I would like outlook 2000 to automatically archive all email folders and then after reaching a specific size create a new pst. After creating the new pst then it would either inform the user of the location of the old pst or add the new pst to the current profile. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Alex ...

Extra prompts from Excel 2007 after saving a CSV file
Here's the scenario: 1. I open a .CSV file in Excel 2007. 2. I make some data change to the file. 3. I save the file. Excel prompts me to use the CSV format again. This is a little annoying, but I answer Yes, I want to keep this format. 4. I try to close Excel. 5. Excel prompts me with "Do you want to save the changes you made to '(filename)?' Yes/No/Cancel. This is INFURIATING. I just saved the darn file. So I click No, thereby training myself to click no when prompted by Excel to save changes, guaranteeing I'll lose work in the future. Does anyone know a way to get E...

Can I Stop Users Attaching Files
Hi all Users are circumventing our documentation control by attaching drawing image files to emails. These files are in a folder to which they have only read-only access. Is it possible to stop users attaching the contents of certain folders or certain file types to emails? TIA Phil Sorry, forgot the important stuff in my frustration: Win2003 Server Exchange 2003 Outlook 2003 clients Standard MS client server active directory controlled network Phil most AV solutions have the ability to block sending/receiving of certain file types... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "TheScullster...

Rules and Signature files
Where are the Rules and Signature files stored in Outlook 2000? I've copied the .pst file which contains the mail, calendar, contacts and other information, but the rules and the signature are not part of it. I would like to be able to create a complete restore when putting a user's Outlook on a new computer, or restoring after a hard drive crash. Rules are stored in the user's inbox (on the Exchange server if using it and in the PST if delivering mail there). Signatures are stored here on WinXP and Win2000: C:\Documents and Settings\<UserName>\Application Data\Mi...

Separate file with one field
Seems like fairly simple need but cant figure it out. How do i export the contents of One field of a table into a .csv or a text file, one record per line? Thanks Ramesh Create a query that returns only one field. Use TransferText (in code or a macro) to export the query. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "Ramesh" <ramesh2020@gmaildotcom> wrote in message news:e6cgFNDKIHA.4880@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Seems like fairly simple ...

major increase in transaction log files
Hello, I've already browsed through the other postings and didn't find a match for our issue. we're running Exchange 2003 ent cluster BE with a single server FE for the gateway (all SP1). The front end is scanning AV and has intelligent message filtering and is enabled for circular logging (on it's own local drive). The back end does not have AV scanning or IMF, but does have full text indexing turned on the mail and public folders. Prior to turning on FTI, we noticed an extremely sharp increase in the amount of transaction logs & I can't seem to find a source ...

Is it possible to convert a Word graphic into a .jpg file?
I want to insert the graphic into a wiki and need it to be in the .jpg format. I am using Word 7. If not possible, any suggestions? Thank you! You probably mean Word 2007. Try selecting the graphic and copying it (CTRL+C). Open Paint and use Paste (CTRL+V) to paste the graphic into Paint. Now you can save the graphic into any format Paint supports. Yves "GECarter" <GECarter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:87055F73-61A8-4D77-9B2A-07C800BAD89C@microsoft.com... >I want to insert the graphic into a wiki and need it to be in the .jpg >...

exporting to text file database using pipe delimiting
Does anyone know of a way to export a spreadsheet to a custom delimited text file? I want to export one to a pipe (|) delimited file, but i can't seem to find a way to do it. Please.... :) Take a look here: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/textfiles.html In article <BEA4D065-B51F-4ABF-90DC-93A0F61944DA@microsoft.com>, "NickP" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone know of a way to export a spreadsheet to a custom delimited text > file? > I want to export one to a pipe (|) delimited file, but i can't seem to find a > way to ...

Need to access selective cells from Excel file stored at Sharepoin
I need to link my PPT 2007 slide with an Excel 2003/2007 sheet data stored at Sharepoint 2007. Excel sheet is having lots of cells/rows - hundreds, but i want only selective ranges to be visible in PPT slide. Moreover, if can apply some calculations prior to rendering the date, is also required. Any suggestions please? ...

corrupt file or not a money back up file
I know that this has been posted before, but never saw any where the issue was resolved and how it was resolved. I have three sets of back up money files that all give the same error. I had to reload money when my computer crashed. I get the error after I click on *d1.mbf and then hit ok after inserting the second disk. It states that d1.mbf is corrupt or is not a money backup file. I also tried this from the hardrive. Same results Any suggestions please? Thnks, Miss Cammy In microsoft.public.money, Cammy wrote: >I know that this has been posted before, but never >saw any wh...

loop thru cells to find matching record
I'm having difficulty with the following code. I think thre are several issues, perhaps the easier one first. When I set the following range, I noticed it didn't start at row 14 but at row 12, not sure why? Set rng = wsSheet.Range("A14:A" & Cells(65536, "A").End(xlUp).Row). I noticed that the message box shows cells I'm not interested in. The more difficult problem is per the following The active workbook, "sheet 1" has a lising of serial numbers, the serial numbers start at row 14, the exact number varies, hence the set rng as per abo...

Weird files
Just noticed I've got a ton of weird files with names like 2BE48300. The normal files seem to be ok. Any idea what might be producing all these extra files? -- For a list of all the ways technology has failed to improve the quality of life, please press three. ....Alice Kahn Not sure. Perhaps cleaning up your hard drive will help. http://www.officearticles.com/misc/how_to_clean_up_your_hard_drive.htm Are they Excel files? **************************** Hope it helps! Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com **************************** "Steve" <teu@qprc.inv> wrote in message...

Find percentage of sums
Now that I have this code, there is one last step which I don't know how to write. If I record, it will be based on specific cells, which I never know where the end will be. WIth that said, I used the following code provided earlier that works great, but I need to now take the result of these two numbers to figure a percent. Specifically =sum(b?-c?)/c? Dim LastRow As Long LastRow = Cells(Cells.Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row Cells(LastRow + 1, 2).Formula = "=sum(b1:b" & LastRow & ")" LastRow = Cells(Cells.Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row Cells(...

Exchange 2007: Windows cannot access the file gpt.ini for GPO ...
Please anyone, help! Exchange does not work! Local email delivery does not work on Exchange 2007. The following three error logs repeat itself: Event Type: Warning Event Source: MSExchangeMailSubmission Event Category: MSExchangeMailSubmission Event ID: 1009 Description: There is no active Hub Transport server in the local site. [comments: thats strange, because there is!] Event Type: Error Event Source: Userenv Event Category: None Event ID: 1058 Date: 9-12-2006 Time: 6:08:06 User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: Server Description: Windows cannot access the file gpt.ini for GPO CN={31B2F3...