Web Addresses

How do I remove the line from under a web address so that I may use it in a
report that requires that I remove the line and inactive a direct link?

Select the text and press CTRL+Space which will reset the paragraph to the
underlying style
OR
Change the format of the Hyperlink and followed Hyperlink styles not to have
an underline
OR
Set the autoformat as you type option not to convert internet paths to
hyperlinks, so the address wouldn't be underlined in the first place.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"Sarah" <Sarah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I remove the line from under a web address so that I may use it in
> report that requires that I remove the line and inactive a direct link?

0
Graham
6/4/2010 11:55:57 AM
Or unlink the link using Ctrl+Shift+F9, which will convert it to plain text
and remove the Hyperlink character style. If the requirement is to "inactive
a direct link," then this is the only method that will work on existing
links.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Graham Mayor" <gmayor@REMOVETHISmvps.org> wrote in message
> Select the text and press CTRL+Space which will reset the paragraph to the
> underlying style
> OR
> Change the format of the Hyperlink and followed Hyperlink styles not to
> have an underline
> OR
> Set the autoformat as you type option not to convert internet paths to
> hyperlinks, so the address wouldn't be underlined in the first place.
>
> --
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
> Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
>
> My web site www.gmayor.com
> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>

> "Sarah" <Sarah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> How do I remove the line from under a web address so that I may use it in
>> report that requires that I remove the line and inactive a direct link?

0
Suzanne

Change Outlook Default Setting United States of America at end of address line (Country/Region)
How can I turn off or omit the words "United States of America" which is added as the last line by the Contacts app when I use an address from Outlook Contacts to address an envelope in Word? This is a waste of ink. Outlook 2002 SP2 A typical address would look like this when clicked from the Outlook Contacts book to the envelope app in Word. Want to know how to change the default setting, turn off the last line, (don't want it included in the address) which is added by Outlook as a default line. Want the default to be without country/region. Example of what is completed by curre...

cannot open emails from web in outlook 2000.
I am using word as email editor and I cannot open email link from web or from MS Office tools like word. Also I cannot perform address auto complete when I compose a new email. Please help me. ...

WEB ROE
HRDC has changed the way we generate out Records of Employment and has a web interface now where you upload the data to the HRDC website. After generating ROE laser and trying to up load the file the error is "invalid file format" Is Microsoft planning on releasing an export utility for this function as HRDC is ending support for the laser print and we are now having to hand write our ROEs... with no electronic record. funny how that is in this day and age???? with a SQL server and payroll program.... I guess its up to the customer to hire our VAR to write it???? Tami ...

External Email Address #3
I'm not able to send to sbcglobal.net for some reason. I can send to other external e-mail servers. How can I troubleshoot this? Exchange 2003 SP2 Thanks for your help! p.s. sbcglobal.net is fine I receive and sending mail. what is the full/exact text of the NDR you receive? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Maida" <Maida@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:670BB210-1C67-48F4-A89C-13DA5A1C25E6@microsoft.com... > I'm not able to send to sbcglobal.net for some reason. I can send to other > external e-mail servers. How can I troubleshoot this? Exchange 20...

Blocked email address
I cannot send an Email to one address. All other addresses seem to work. How can I tell if the network has been setup to block that address? what happens when you try? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ "DJ" <anonymous@discussions.mic...

Copy Outlook Address Book
I am trying to copy my Outlook Address Book (Contacts Folder)from my computer at work to my computer at home. What is the file name (extension) of the Outlook Address Book? I have Outlook 2000 on my computer at home, and I believe I have Outlook 2002 on the computer at work. "mary" <mary@wcecivil.com> schreef in bericht news:0dd101c3aa59$37dbd170$a001280a@phx.gbl... | I am trying to copy my Outlook Address Book (Contacts | Folder)from my computer at work to my computer at home. | What is the file name (extension) of the Outlook Address | Book? I have Outlook 2000 on my...

Web Query File Reference
Is there a Web Query File (.IQY) Format Reference anywhere? Thanks, - Vlad ...

Ship-to address on Purchase Orders
Hello, I'm using Great Plains 8.0 and having trouble figuring out the assignment of ship-to address when using a different address for each line-item. Everything works fine if I have a ship-to address for each line item but I get a blank ship-to when the line-item does not have a ship-to address. I found an article in the KB, #909722, that addresses this but I have tried putting addresses in both locations that they specify but I still get a blank if the line-item does not have a ship-to. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you I recall this issue from some time back. I...

Email address from Outlook Contacts
I have a worksheet that contains the names of contacts. Most are identical to contacts in my Outlook XP standard Contacts folder. I would like to be able to enter a new contact in Excel and have the email address from Outlook email address 1 appear in another Excel column. As I already have many contacts in Excel I'd also like to be able to go through all the existing contacts and have their email addresses appear. Is it possible to do this and if so how please? Many thanks for any insights you have. Kevin Lucas Hi Kevin, The usual thing to do would be to Export your Outlook addres...

Updating Global Address List
Our global address book needs to have many users updated due to phone number/address changes etc. and my help desk person is bugging me to allow some secretary access to do the updates. I do not know of any secure way to allow someone to do these updates. Can anyone point me in the right direction or am I right to tell the lazy brat it's his job. On Fri, 4 Feb 2005 07:19:02 -0800, "Maive72" <Maive72@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Our global address book needs to have many users updated due to phone >number/address changes etc. and my help desk person is b...

Importing and Exporting Data to Web
I am trying to find the mileage between any two user input cities and bring that data into excel to run calculations based upon the mileage. Anyone have a good idea as to how I can use map quest or a similar web site to incorporate with excel? I know about web queries, but I don't know how to manipulate them to bring in information from a page after a user inputs two cities into say, map quest, without copying and pasting the link into the query to make it reference the new page. Thanks in advance. what you need is a zip code distance calculator. there are several available on th...

Excel email address hyperlink does not update
When typing an email address in a cell a hyperlink was automatically set to that email address. When updating or changing the address the hyperlink stays linked to the old address and the edit hyperlink selection when right clicking the address is unavailable although the open hyperlink is available. Changing the value in the cell doesn't tell excel you want the hyperlink changed. Hit Insert|hyperlink (or ctrl-k) to modify the link address, too. Michael wrote: > > When typing an email address in a cell a hyperlink was automatically set to > that email address. When updati...

Have to restart World Wide Web Publishing Service
My pwa goes down every 5 minutes and if I go to the services and restart the World Wide Web Publishing Service the pwa begins to work again for another 5 minutes. I look in the event log and I have an Event ID 2269 Source: W3SVC-WP The worker process failed to initialize the http.sys communication on the w3svc communication layer and therefore could not be started. The data field contains the error number. 0000: 05 00 07 80 ... I have found where they suggest that everyone or users is not in the bypass traverse checking and I have checked they are in there. If anyone has an...

List all the address book contacts in outlook
Hi all, I need to retrieve all the contacts that are in my address book in outlook in order to look for particular emails, looking around I just found this script quite useful but it is not exactly what I'm looking for. In fact I need to search all my conctacts in the address book.... $outlook = New-Object -ComObject "outlook.application" $c = $outlook.getnamespace("mapi").getdefaultfolder(10) foreach($tt in $c.items) { echo($tt.account + " - " + $tt.fullname) } Thanks, Mattia i dont know the answer off hand, but i see that the 10 sent to getd...

address book #4
This morning, my HD crashed and I had to reformat it. Fortunately, befor the disaster I was able to save the entire content of the HD. Unfortunately, I didn't think of saving my address book as .wab file. I'm hoping that there is another way to recover my address book. Or is it gone? (win2K) Thanks in advance ...

gmail address shows distribution list
After sending a meeting invitation to a gmail user from outlook, the distrbution list that was set as private, is displayed. Anyone know the fix for this? Did you put it in the To or CC Field? If so, that is to be expected. Use the BCC Field next time. (In Meeting requests, it’s the Resources field) See http://www.slipstick.com/calendar/ccmeeting.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net ...

Interfaces and web services in .Net.
Can I specify a custom Interface as the return type for a web service in ..Net? I can see that you can't define ICollection as the return type but you can defined IList as the return type? Why is this? Cheers Jim ...

email addresses to the address book
I am sure that when I used Outlook Express, I could choose an option that allowed me to add the email address for a message I received into my address book. I can't find a similar option in Outlook 2003. Can anyone tell me how I can easily add someone's email address into the address book without having to copy and paste it? TIA R click the address > Add to Contacts -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Liz J" <thejordanschangethistoanatsignclara.net> wrote in message news:1191146511.29224.0@demeter.uk.clara.net... >I am sure that when I used Outlook Expr...

can't access address book from outlook email
When I am creating a new message and I click on the "To" box to look up address in my address book, I get an error dialog box which says Microsoft Outlook The address list could not be displayed. The Contacts folder associated with this address list could not be opened; it may have been moved or deleted, or you do no have permissions. For information on how to remove the folder form the Outlook Address Book, see Microsoft Outlook Help. OK Then the "Select Names" dialog box comes up. If I click on the arrow in "Show names from the: " a series of choices po...

Web Page Login Page
Does anyone know how to create a login page iwhen developing a web page in Publisher 2003 ? MadPuppy looking for help That is a server side function. Go to your host and read the FAQs or other documentation on password protected folders. DavidF "MadPuppy" <MadPuppy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:90CEF2D4-973E-4F7F-AAF1-33BCFBCFCA85@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know how to create a login page iwhen developing a web page in > Publisher 2003 ? > > MadPuppy looking for help Some good information here. It's from my ISP. http://www.i...

Outlook Web Access #23
I have setup my Exchange 2003 server and can access OWA internally, however when i try remotely, I reveive the following error in Internet Explorer. I have set this up on several other servers and never received this error. "The requested URL was not found on this server: /exchange" =?Utf-8?B?S2VpdGggQw==?= <KeithC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:103206EB-BC1E-4ABF-84E8-83211B912FC8@microsoft.com: > I have setup my Exchange 2003 server and can access OWA internally, > however when i try remotely, I reveive the following error in Internet > Explorer. I h...

Global Address book not showing in OWA
Does anyone know why the Global address book does not show up in OWA. I am using Exchange 2003 Enterprise and you have to do a search for the name in order to find it in the Global Address book instead of being able to display the whole address book when creating a new mail. Hi James, This is the way that it is supposed to work. The Global Address List is usually a large file and every user would have to download it if we did it that way. -- Thanks, James Burrage This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this a...

Default email-addresses
Hi I'm trying to figure out how I can set up new users in different OU's or groups in AD to recieve different default email-addresses. What I want to do is host email for another company on our exchange server. I want to use their own domain name for their email. Other solutions to this problem are also welcome. I seems really hard to find info on hosting mail on exchange server. Does anyone know any good sites for info on this subject? This is easy to accomplish. First you cannot do it based on the OU, you can do it based on the server, but if they are on the same server you a...

Outlook 2000/2 computers/2 email addresses/one cable connection
I've got a wireless connection between my main computer and one other one. I wanted to set up email on the wireless connected computer. I've got everything set up, I think with roadrunner, and I can SEND with the other computer. I just can't recieve emails on it. How can I do that? ...

publishing to web via ftp (font problems)
when I publish to the web via ftp all of the blank spaces and apostorphes turn into question marks? How do I fix the problem -Bill no need to post in general AND in webdesign. You have yet to respond to all my questions in my response to your post in the other forum. You'll have to do so for me to follow-up. -- David Bartosik - MS MVP for Publisher help: www.davidbartosik.com enter to win Pub 2003: www.davidbartosik.com/giveaway.aspx "Bill" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F874FD4D-CA52-479C-BDAD-EF7663BC2A38@microsoft.com... > when I publ...