Way to make a semi-permanent page break?

I want to create a page beak that will keep the heading formatting
from bleeding over onto the previous page, as well as keep that
heading and the following text on the next page. I know to do Ctrl+E,
as well as create a break, and then select new page, but what always
happens is that if I select text immediately above the page break, and
delete it, the page break is removed.  What can I do to create a
(semi) permanent page break?
0
PRR

Format the heading (style) so that it has the Keep with next attribute set
in its Paragraph Formatting.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"PRR" <psaulm119@aim.com> wrote in message
> I want to create a page beak that will keep the heading formatting
> from bleeding over onto the previous page, as well as keep that
> heading and the following text on the next page. I know to do Ctrl+E,
> as well as create a break, and then select new page, but what always
> happens is that if I select text immediately above the page break, and
> delete it, the page break is removed.  What can I do to create a
> (semi) permanent page break?

0
Doug
3/8/2010 2:44:40 AM
Doug, Heading 1 (and all subsequent headings, as I based them on the
previous heading) is already set to keep with next.

I did notice another option that was unchecked--Page Break Before. Now
if I check that, will it automatically give me a new page every time I
use heading 1?

0
PRR
3/8/2010 3:11:02 AM
Never mind. I see now that it does. I don't want to make heading 1 at
the top of a new page every single time.....

On Mar 7, 7:11=A0pm, PRR <psaulm...@aim.com> wrote:
> Doug, Heading 1 (and all subsequent headings, as I based them on the
> previous heading) is already set to keep with next.
>
> I did notice another option that was unchecked--Page Break Before. Now
> if I check that, will it automatically give me a new page every time I
> use heading 1?

0
PRR
3/8/2010 3:32:22 AM
Do you have an empty paragraph between the Heading 1 style paragraph and the
following text?

If so, you should remove it and if you want a space, format the Heading 1
style so that it has space after it.

--

> Never mind. I see now that it does. I don't want to make heading 1 at
> the top of a new page every single time.....
>
> On Mar 7, 7:11 pm, PRR <psaulm...@aim.com> wrote:
>> Doug, Heading 1 (and all subsequent headings, as I based them on the
>> previous heading) is already set to keep with next.
>>
>> I did notice another option that was unchecked--Page Break Before. Now
>> if I check that, will it automatically give me a new page every time I
>> use heading 1?

0
Doug

break in chart scale
Most of my values range from 0 to 300, but one value is 1200. I would like to graph the values 0 thru 300 in detail, and have a "break in the graph. After the break I would like to start a scale from 1000-1200, to graph the remaining point. Does anyone know how to do this? Hi, Here is a collection of examples of how to break the axis. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BrokenYAxis.html http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/broken_y_axis/tutorial/index.html http://www.andypope.info/charts/brokencolumn.htm Cheers Andy Jill wrote: > Most of my values range from 0 to 300, but o...

any way to make eConnect pause or delay?
...in order to avoid deadlocks. Any/all suggestions appreciated. Thanks. ...

Using pictures with graphics on a web page
I have annotated an aerial photograph with drawing objects in Excel and want to use this on a web page, but the alignment of the drawing and the picture goes awry. Is there a way to merge the drawing with the picture, or should I use another application (like Paint) for the annotations. Secondly: Can one select drawing objects using a selection rectangle in Excel (for grouping); if so, how. Selecting them individually is laborious and one easily misses some. Thanks Laurence Don't know about the pictures, but the answer to your second questio involves using the drawing toolbar. Go to ...

ASP.NET AJAX in custom ASPX page in ISV folder
Is it possible to include ASP.NET AJAX code in a custom ASPX page that I deploy in the ISV folder? ... that is, without creating a sepparate web application. I've tried to put a ScriptManager control on one of my pages and I cannot make it load in CRM. I know that in order for AJAX to work in ASP.NET I have to include some settings in web.config file. I do not want to alter the CRM web.config ... so I've created my own web.config file (with all the required settings for AJAX) and place it in the ISV folder. But it seems that CRM ignores my file. Thanks On Jun 29, 6:40=A0pm, ...

Best Way To Handle Floating Points
I have a floating point field (dollar amount) to put on the screen. What is the best way to handle this? I defined a variable as a floating point but when I entered 99,999,999.99 I noticed it returned the number as an exponential number. Is this normal? I guess I thought I would have seen it as I entered it. My logic may be right - I just want to make sure. Is there a way to define a mask so the commas are inserted automatically? -- Edward Fultz Sr. Software Engineer Pamet Systems Acton, Ma www.pametsystems.com Unless you really need floating point for some reason, I would store the...

impossible to break scheduled disk check -- system booting
Windows XP SP3 System partition selected for file system and disk scan -- windows on-board disk scan utility. Windows reboots in order to accomplish the scan. At the beginning diskscan offers skipping the scan by pressing any key. No key stroke leads to skip the scan process - as the keyboard was dead. However, yet before windows starts to boot it is possible to enter the motherboard bios setup utility. Potential problem reasons known? "kakii" <user@domain.co> wrote in message news:#A3oMYgkKHA.5608@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > > Windows XP SP3 &g...

Discover/Audit existing IE home page
Is there a way, with some type of script, to find out what each user is using as their home page in Internet Explorer? I want to ultimately set all user's home page with a GPO, to our SharePoint site, but I want to know what they have now for a home page. If it's something they use often and it's work related, I'll add that as a link on the home page of SharePoint. I could send out a mass email and ask, but I would invariably get questions and/or comments like: "I don't think I have a home page", or "what is a home page", or "I d...

How do you Replace the OWA 2003 FBA Logon page?
Hi All,I saw a webmail Logon page which was obviously exchange based but was so different from the normal OWA FBA Logon page that am sure it was not a customized OWA FBA page.I guess this a webform was designed on a page and coded to send the logon to the exchangee server.is this possible?how was this achieved?thanks for answers in advance. -- CCNA, MIEEE, MCP See http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.exchange.admin/browse_thread/thread/e93726a620d769e0/a8c84c3cd3e12c41?lnk=st&q=&rnum=5&hl=ru#a8c84c3cd3e12c41 sansouchi wrote: > Hi All,I saw a webmail Logon page...

Correction of my e-first e-mail : how to permanently customize the Default Folder option on Excel 2000 ?
Correction of my e-first e-mail : Good day dear members of the microsoft.public.excel.misc newsgroup. Please I need Your allways priceless advises. I'm working with Excel 2000 installed directly installed at the hard drive of my computer. I cannot permanently customize the Default Folder option in "Tools\Options\Default Folder\General". It works only during the current Windows session, a pc reboot would change again the Default Folder option to the former one. Is there any way to permanently customize the Default Folder option. Thank-You Octavio If you are working in a co...

resize a page
In the older Publishers you could resize a page that had text and pictures in and it would adjust the print size etc to fit. I cant seem to do this in 2003. eg Select all areas on one page and lock together, copy this to a 1/2 page and adjust by resizing from the corner.. the page would now be a smaller copy of the original and all the text and pictures would have been resized in proportion. In 2003 it only seems to chage the boxes and not the contents size? While in a state of withdrawal waiting for components to arrive to repair his dead laptop, Ed notices a message from "Mikee&...

print title page setup/sheet can not enter cell in row/column lin
On page setup in the sheet page we can not enter cells into the print titles row or columns. Also the worksheet cell query on these lines will not open. Hi Are you trying do this from Print Preview page, or File|Page Setup? I think it's only possible from the latter. -- Andy. "don r" <don r@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:26C400D7-14A0-41F8-BBE6-8DF2F5579A30@microsoft.com... > On page setup in the sheet page we can not enter cells into the print > titles > row or > columns. Also the worksheet cell query on these lines will not open. &g...

Set default start page + e-mail access issue
I was trying to set my default start page today when I noticed it wasn't available through the "Personalize Workplace" settings on the general tab as I know I've seen it before. I logged in as another users and sure enough it was there even though I was an admin. I found out that when you have the e-mail access set on your user account to "E-mail Router" the option for "Set default start page" goes away and is replaced with a section for choosing the outlook forms you want to view in Outlook. This makes no sense, the option for choosing which st...

Printing 1/2 page postcards
I am trying to print two similarly designed postcards on one page but with different addresses. I am using MS Publisher 2003. Is there any way to do this? thank you Select custom in page setup, type 5.5 in the height box, Publisher will print two per sheet. This is the setup you will use for mail merge and two cards per sheet. If each card is an individual piece, you will have to setup a custom size in your printer. You can use a mail merge or print one card at a time, manually changing the data each time. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ ...

How to make a loan to myself?
I'm using Money 2005 for Small Business. My wife made a loan from our shared checking account to my business to buy a truck. I need to track this as a loan and pay interest so it's deductible. How do I do this? I've tried creating the loan and specifying that I LOANED the money. When I make a payment from my business checking account, the balance on the loan goes UP instead of down. I've tried creating the loan and specifying that I BORROWED the money. When I make a payment from my business checking account, the balance on the loan goes down, but the money doesn't ...

Can I make a timeline with MS Publisher?
I am interested in making a Timeline for a website. The type I would like to make has a center line running down the middle (running from top of the page to the bottom) and the important date to each side with a line or arrow pointing to the right spot on the line. Is this possible with MS Publisher Yes. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Randy" <Randy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BDEE0643-5BB9-409F-BD79-E5FD045A8B2D@microsoft.com... >I am interested in making a Timeline for a website. The type I would like >to > make has a cen...

how do i make font longer? as in top to bottom
i want to stretch my fonts down the page without making them wider? is that possible In a text box? Can you explain a bit fuller on what you are trying to do? WordArt can stretch vertically. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "velvety thunder" <velvetythunder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A12905B8-AECB-410B-8882-346809EAE89A@microsoft.com... >i want to stretch my fonts down the page without making them wider? is that > possible The font is fixed for a specific size. You migh...

How to recover permanently deleted emails from Outlook Express 6.0
In OE6.0 I have my settings so that on exiting the application all items in the Deleted Folder are permanently removed. I occasionally run "Compact all Folders". Sometimes I would like to recover emails deleted since my last compaction and today see that my "Deleted.DBX" file is large. I presume the emails are still present there but marked "not for display". Is there a nil cost way of restoring the deleted emails? I have tried an importing approach with no success. Thanks in advance for helpful comments. -- Geoff Not an Office issue. Outloo...

How I can combine cells of different pages?
I mean how can I add, divide, mutliply, and so on figures of different cells for example, add a figure of the cell f4 of the page 1 with the cell g5 of the page 2. When you say page 1 & page 2 I assume you mean sheet 1 & sheet 2. You can apply mathematic functions for a cell using different sheets but you have to name the source i.e. =A1+Sheet2!A1. An easy way to do this is begin your formula on sheet 1 = A1+ and then go to the cell in the sheet where it resides, click on the cell and click on your active sheet. Excel will automatically place the name reference of the cell...

Register balance and home page balance don't match
The checking balance on the home page, and the balance in the check register don't match. The balance in the register is correct. When I open checking, a window pops up saying the two don't match, click here to learn more, but when clicking learn more nothing happens. Anyone know how to fix it so the two match once again? Thanks. JP In microsoft.public.money, Rhomium wrote: >The checking balance on the home page, and the balance in the check register >don't match. The balance in the register is correct. When I open checking, >a window pops up saying the two ...

Outlook Today page
I just had to reinstall Outlook and now on the Outlook Today page the option to customize the page is 'hot' but I click it and nothing happens. How do I get it to open up and give me the options to change the appearance of the page? Thanks Vaughn Vaughn <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I just had to reinstall Outlook and now on the Outlook > Today page the option to customize the page is 'hot' but > I click it and nothing happens. Asked and answered 100,000 times (literally). Google is your friend. -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospac...

How to make Workbooks smaller / Excel performance better
I have a workbook that is accessed by a lot of users using different spec machines. The workbook is periodically updated with data added from different sources in an automated fashion using macros. Of late the file has grown from 23megs to a whopping 93megs, although as far as I can tell the new worksheets and charts added should *logically* constitute no more than a 20% increase in size from the previous incarnation, and anyway most of the data is stored as values (i.e. formulas removed after processing). This growth in file size has resulted in increased loading times and system slowdowns ...

how to make excel record cell entry dates
when using Microsoft excel 2003, ive been trying to make a cell remember the date an entry is made in a different cell. for example: if the letter "a" is entered into cell A1 i require cell B1 to show the date that the letter "a" was entered. http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/timestamp.html change from NOW() to TODAY() if you use the formula technique -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom Excel 95 - Excel 2007 Northwest Excel Solutions www.nwexcelsolutions.com "It is a good thing to follow the first law of holes; if you are in one stop digging." Lord Healey "hoyt...

Invalid page fault in outlook
need some help: OUTLOOK caused an invalid page fault in module MSOUPLUG.DLL at 0167:10016d58. Registers: EAX=0056f874 CS=0167 EIP=10016d58 EFLGS=00010216 EBX=021e4240 SS=016f ESP=0056f550 EBP=0056f880 ECX=00000000 DS=016f ESI=021e50bc FS=4157 EDX=0056f55c ES=016f EDI=10027924 GS=0000 Bytes at CS:EIP: 8b 01 57 c7 44 24 20 00 00 00 00 ff 50 18 3d 00 Stack dump: 0056f55c 021e4f41 021e4244 00000000 00000104 0056f874 10026058 ffffffff 100140c7 10027924 100278cc 021e4f41 00000001 007917f0 00792dec bff80555 ...

publishing images in workbook as web page
I have created an workbook with Excel and put a photo on the first page. when I publish the workbook as an web page (interactivity) my photo is missing. Anyone know what I am doing wrong? I have try everything I know to do = insert picture, putting copying photo to clipboard and shift, pasta picture and still logo is missing. Lee ...

New Section break changes prior formatting
When I enter a new section after a break if I center a line all text in that section centers. If I format for "justify" the pictures in the prior sections also go to the left of the page. Which version of Word? frustrated wrote: >When I enter a new section after a break if I center a line all text in that >section centers. If I format for "justify" the pictures in the prior >sections also go to the left of the page. -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/ms-word-general/201001/1 ...