Watermark on full page

Hello.  I am using Word 2003 and am trying to do something that I don't seem
to be able to pull off.  I am trying to create a one-page document and I want
a text watermark on the page.  I can figure out how to create the text
watermark, but in 2003 it only gives you one line of text and it prints that
line one time across the center of the page.

I want to print that one line of text across the entire background of the
page and make it fill the whole sheet of paper.  How can I do that or is that
not possible in this program?

You would need to use a graphics program to create an image with your
repeated word or phrase, save it as a .jpg, .gif, etc., then import into Word
as a Background image thusly:

Format > Background > Printed Watermark > Picture Watermark

You can add a multi-line watermark if you have Acrobat Professional: convert
your Word doc to PDF, then add. In Acrobat Pro:

Document > Watermark > Add

"Kellie" wrote:

> Hello.  I am using Word 2003 and am trying to do something that I don't seem
> to be able to pull off.  I am trying to create a one-page document and I want
> a text watermark on the page.  I can figure out how to create the text
> watermark, but in 2003 it only gives you one line of text and it prints that
> line one time across the center of the page.
>
> I want to print that one line of text across the entire background of the
> page and make it fill the whole sheet of paper.  How can I do that or is that
> not possible in this program?
Thank you.  I'll try that.
--
Kellie

"Hans" wrote:

> You would need to use a graphics program to create an image with your
> repeated word or phrase, save it as a .jpg, .gif, etc., then import into Word
> as a Background image thusly:
>
> Format > Background > Printed Watermark > Picture Watermark
>
> You can add a multi-line watermark if you have Acrobat Professional: convert
> your Word doc to PDF, then add. In Acrobat Pro:
>
> Document > Watermark > Add
>

> "Kellie" wrote:
>
> > Hello.  I am using Word 2003 and am trying to do something that I don't seem
> > to be able to pull off.  I am trying to create a one-page document and I want
> > a text watermark on the page.  I can figure out how to create the text
> > watermark, but in 2003 it only gives you one line of text and it prints that
> > line one time across the center of the page.
> >
> > I want to print that one line of text across the entire background of the
> > page and make it fill the whole sheet of paper.  How can I do that or is that
> > not possible in this program?
Another way is to insert a full page text box in the header view and fill it
with the text at a suitable size. Set the font colour to grey and set the
layout of the text box to behind text.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"Kellie" <Kellie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thank you.  I'll try that.
> --
> Kellie
>

> "Hans" wrote:
>
>> You would need to use a graphics program to create an image with your
>> repeated word or phrase, save it as a .jpg, .gif, etc., then import into
>> Word
>> as a Background image thusly:
>>
>> Format > Background > Printed Watermark > Picture Watermark
>>
>> You can add a multi-line watermark if you have Acrobat Professional:
>> convert
>> your Word doc to PDF, then add. In Acrobat Pro:
>>
>> Document > Watermark > Add
>>

>> "Kellie" wrote:
>>
>> > Hello.  I am using Word 2003 and am trying to do something that I don't
>> > seem
>> > to be able to pull off.  I am trying to create a one-page document and
>> > I want
>> > a text watermark on the page.  I can figure out how to create the text
>> > watermark, but in 2003 it only gives you one line of text and it prints
>> > that
>> > line one time across the center of the page.
>> >
>> > I want to print that one line of text across the entire background of
>> > the
>> > page and make it fill the whole sheet of paper.  How can I do that or
>> > is that
>> > not possible in this program?

0
Graham

2 different send pages
I have M/S Office 2003 When I create an e-mail I open office click on new and I am able to create a new e-mail all my edit options are their signature automatically inserted, highlighting capabilities etc. Correct me if I am wrong I beleive this all done through word. My problem question is when I send a pic from my pictures folder it does not come up in this Word e-mail format. Spell check is not highlighted with a red squiggly line I have to press F7, my signature is not auto inserted, no high lighting capabilities, when this widow is open I cannot open M/S office to go back and exa...

Access 2007 freezes with properties page open.
I have many apps that were originally written in Access 97 and/or 2002. We recently moved to Office 2007. The issue I'm having is that with an app open and a form in Design View with the properties page displayed, each time I select any object (click on it), the whole thing appears to freeze for 7-10 minutes. During this time the CPU sits idle and the memory remains unaffected. Once the freeze up is over, I can continue working on the app normally. If I remember always to close the properties page before clicking any controls/objects on the form, the performance is fine. I&#...

home page won't change when updated, how do i fix?
Publisher 2007 used to create web page. After initial publishing of web page, some changes were made to update site. All other pages updated, however, the home page won't update. How do I fix this? Thanks When you Publish to the Web, Publisher produces an index.htm file (your home page) and an index_files folder that contain all the other pages on the site plus the supporting graphics. You must upload both the index.htm file and the index_files folder. Perhaps you did not upload the index.htm file. Perhaps your old index.htm file was not overwritten. Try uploading it again, ...

CPropertySheet/Page and TabOrder
I M writing a wizard, using CPropertyeSheet and CPRopertypages. I want to "connect" the PropertySheet and the Active PropertyPage tab order. I have the Prev, Next, and Fiinish button on the CPropertySheet. I have many pages with few controls on each one of them. When I M focused on the page, and I press the tab button, I go throw the pages controls according to the tab order I set, from the first control on that page to the next control on that page, then again the first control on that page, and so on. But I want that the tab order will take in count the Prev, Next and Finish button...

Can I print a single page from a publication to a pdf
I have to make several cards that have a picture on one side and text on the other. but they all have different pictures and text but i want to keep the format so i am duplicating the page and then just changing the picture and text on that page. At some point i would like to print the pages as indidual pages to pdf. Is that possible without having to lock the page together, then copy, then open a new doc, then chose paper size, then finally paste??? I believe that the PDF makers which install as printer drivers allow you to print the current page only to PDF. You might have to do som...

Opening PPSX files from Web Pages
Anyone else having problems where PPSX files are opening in edit mode with Office 2007? And yes, I've edited IE to make sure it's opening correctly. I've seen others with the same problem, but no fix. Does anyone know of a fix to this? In article <496A37F7-72E6-4774-994F-8816C5E69871@microsoft.com>, Jjsmits9 wrote: > Anyone else having problems where PPSX files are opening in edit mode with > Office 2007? And yes, I've edited IE to make sure it's opening correctly. > > I've seen others with the same problem, but no fix. Does anyone...

How do I have information transfer from page to page in excel
I have a report that will be on-line for our users, I need it to transfer the Name and agency from the first page to the rest of the pages in the same place, automatically. In other words when typed on page one, automatically update the rest of the pages with the same information. Just type an equals sign (=) in the cell you want the information to 'appear automatically', click over to your first page, and click the cell you want the information to come from. -- Regards, Dave "pattyh" wrote: > I have a report that will be on-line for our users, I need it to tr...

Running out of paged/virtual memory when starting Outlook
This problem has only started during the past few days-- previously everything was working fine. Symptoms: Outlook won't load further than the first logo screen, or displays the lists of messages, then immediately crashes, or crashes when you try to open a message. Sometimes an error message appears saying that the Windows installer needs to be present. The performance meter shows that paged memory is maxed out as soon as Outlook is launched. I have increased the virtual memory allowance to the maximum, and have also "repaired" Outlook by reinstalling it from the instal...

Force Column Headers On Each Page
When you're viewing an Excel worksheet... How do you make it so that you can always see the first row, no matter how far down the down the document you are. -- Select A2 and Window>Freeze Panes. In 2007 that would be View>Freeze Panes Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 10:37:47 -0500, "John Persico" <reply@newsgroup.com> wrote: >When you're viewing an Excel worksheet... >How do you make it so that you can always see the first row, no matter how >far down the down the document you are. ...

can only print one page at a time? help!
when i work in works, i can set a page to print say 50 copies, and it will print one after the other counting how mnay copies left to print. When i print in excel, it will print each page individually, rather than a 'job lot' so to speak! it is really frustrating as i cannot work on pc, as it opens a new window with printer status for each and every page! whereas with works, i can stick it in background and it carries on with no bother! Any ideas? No idea at all.......... But I thought I'll reply cause no one else has. You should be able to do exactly the same as in works....

IE steals focus from the page I am writing!
First there was the sticky web: MS and most webmasters make any page = reloads whenever you come back to it, even by hitting "Back" just 2 = minutes after you left, thus defeating the very purpose of a cache. As a = result, users are forced to open each page in a new IE window (to avoid = any "Back"), so you quickly have 60 IE windows open (at least in case = you check your infos before posting). But this regression apparently wasn't enough: now IE suddenly steals the = focus from the window you are writing, and gives it to another window = you left a few doze...

Word 2007 Page Margin Question
Word 2007, Where is the option in Page setup - THIS PAGE ONLY I want different page setup for different pages, but in 2007 version, I dont see it. -- jnathan Margin settings are attributes of Sections, not of pages (and it has been that way in all versions of Word). Therefore, if you want to vary the margin settings, you will need to separate the pages with next page Section Breaks. It is however possible to have a different Odd and Even page layout which can be set via the Layout tab of the Page Setup dialog and also you can achieve a different first page (o...

capturing and setting the page of a control tab
What VBA expression can I use to get (and also set) the page of a tab control? When I open a form that has a tab control, I would like the tab control to display the last page that was displayed before the form was last closed. I know how to store a value in a configuration or system table, but what I can't figure out is how to obtain that value from the form. I've tried various combinations of the Page, Pages and PageIndex properties, but I can't get it to work. If the form is named myForm and the tab control is named ctlMyTabControl, how can I write an expression that ...

Session variables and Cookies in Custom page
Hi, Thanks in advance. I comment the <sesion mode=off/> in web.config .any effects is possible. and can Iuse session variables in my custom pages pls help me. venkataravikumar Hi, You might want to create a different application in IIS which contains your own pages. This application can contain it's own web.config so you can make your own settings for your pages. This way you won't interfere with the web.config settings of the CRM app. Regards, Rob Bakkers, Avanade Netherlands "venkat" wrote: > Hi, > Thanks in advance. > I comment the <sesion mod...

Print First Two pages in First Page Tray & remang. in other pages
I use one tray for Headed Paper and another for plain paper. Using macro i print first page of the document to the headed paper and remaining pages in plain paper tray correctly. Now to be more eco-friendly, to avoid wastage of papers, i need to print the second page of the document to the headed paper back side. So ideally i need to Print First Two pages in First Page Tray & remaining pages in other pages tray (which is already duplexed). Need to if this is possible. Code --declare Dim sPrinterName$ Dim sPortName$ Dim nFirstPageTray Dim nOtherPagesTray -- assig...

Possible to have same footnotes from 1 table appear on 2 pages?
1. I have a table on a page in landscape format which spreads over 2 pages. 2. I have enabled the table top row to "repeat as a header row at the top of each page". This header row has footnote references. 3. The footnotes, however, ONLY appear on the first page and NOT the second page. 4. Is there a way to make the footnotes appear on the first AND second page as well? Thanks! This is driving me nuts..... Hello Jonathan Jonathan wrote: > 1. I have a table on a page in landscape format which spreads over 2 pages. > 2. I have enabled the table top row ...

Page Numbers as Background
How do you create the page number to be in the backgound of a worksheet? Not as a header or footer, but large and in the center of a sheet. Thanks, Karen Karen, try view, page break preview -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "KG" <KG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:66B20C01-628D-46F9-8B2B-1BC12215750A@microsoft.com... > How do you create the page number to be in the backgound of a wo...

Copy Page Breaks #4
WOW, thanks! I really just wanted to know if it could be done. I didn't expect you to do it for me!!! From the way you did this it looks like the message box is not needed, this is a little different than what I had in mind (it is better). I am going to attempt to remove those and then tailor the code to my exact file. Thanks -- jwleonard ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jwleonard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=9488 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=276500 I f...

Printing 2 Page Newsletter
I'm getting the impression that a newsletter is defined to be 4 pages long and that is it. The newsletter I'm working is 6 pages. I got the first 2 and last 2 OK now (tabloid paper both sides). The goal is a letter size sheet for pages 3 and 4 (both sides). I have a separate file for this sheet. What I'm getting is both pages on one side of the paper. Any way around this problem. Gary there are a couple ways to do a tab 4 pager and I'm not sure which you've done. so the insert page size needs to be set to letter (which you may already have done) you will have to change...

How to customise Outlook Today page and Move To Folder list ??
Because I have four different Inboxes, (2 Hotmail, 1 IMAP and one POP3), I am not sure which one I am dealing with sometimes, as they are all called Inbox. Is there any way I can give them 'friendly names' on the Outlook Today screen, so it can be of some use? Is there a file that can be edited? Also, the folders that appear in the Move To Folder list are not the ones that I ideally want, and as there are four called Inbox, I cannot really use those as I do not know which one is which. What can I do about this. I do not think that renaming the Inbox in the IMAP account is pos...

Full Text Indexing
I have enabled full text indexing on Exchange 2003 with the purpose of being able to search through all user's email folders for a key word. Even after doing this, it appears that I can only search my own folders. I am doing the search with the Advanced Find in Outlook 2003 and have disabled cached mode (have also tried OWA). I followed the steps for setting up FTI. It has generated the indexes (over 200k). I also set it to allow clients to do searchs on the FTI, but it does not seem to function... at least not how I would expect. 1. Am I wrong in assuming that I should be able to ...

How to print row in excel on one page
I have a mutiple column spreadsheet with many rows. How do I print one row on one page with the columns as titles? Like below: column title 1: single data in the row column title 2: single data in the row etc....... Thx in advance for your help I'm not sure I understand what you want, but this is my interpretation. Go to Page Setup - > Sheet Set columns to repeat at left to what you want. If this is not what you are looking for, please clarify your question. "Robert Tan" wrote: > I have a mutiple column spreadsheet with many rows. How do I print one row on >...

Transfer 56 Pages of Data From Clipboard=?ISO-8859-1?B?iiA=?=To Clipboard?
You Mean there IS a Multi-Panel Clipboard in Office 2004?!? Oooppps! I Haven't seen it! Any Clues where it Might Be? You Guys are Great: Thanks for All the Help!! Sea Mac I'm Putting the Stock Phrases in the Scrapbook for Now but will chase down this Auto-Text thing. I hadn't seen it because I'm not using Office 2004 yet, so don't waste any time on my careless words. On 9/30/04 10:21 PM, "Sea Mac" wrote: > You Mean there IS a Multi-Panel Clipboard in Office 2004?!? Oooppps! I > Haven't seen it! Any Clues where it Might Be? You Guys are Gr...

Custom Web Page
I have built a custom web page that is part of the Accounts form. I have implemented it using the isv.config and it works fine in the web interfate of CRM. The issue is that is does not show up in the Outlook sales clients. The link is not on the form at all in the outlook clients like it is on the web client. Please anyone help with this issue. Sales for Outlook client v1.0.3017.1 smitto toms@komatsueq.com smitto@xmission.com You need to modify the Outlook customization file (it uses a different file than the web version). Refer to the CRM Outlook customization SDK. Mike "smitto&...

Openning two crm web pages simultaneously
Hi, Our client is using two crm systems for two different companies that they are servicing. They need to be able to switch between screens quickly, since they may receive calls from both companies simultaneously. However, we know that for some reason you can not open two crm web clients simultaneously. Is there a workaround for this issue, so that they can use two web clients on the same PC? Thanks in advance for any help!! Hello This is easy to do with a change to the url's you use. Instead of using http://crmserver use http://crmserver/loader.aspx Cheers Dan "Isil" ...