View column position or line number in Word 2007?

Ugh. I used to be ablet o see my horizontal column position in Word 2003 and
I used to be ble to see the line I was on as well. Both were on the Status
Bar. Did those features go away in Word 2007? I can find nothing in Help.
Help seems to be very lacking in Word 2007. I am using Windows Xp.

Thanks,

Natelle Bracken
San Diego

Right click in the status bar to find those options.

Pam

Natelle wrote:
>Ugh. I used to be ablet o see my horizontal column position in Word 2003 and
>I used to be ble to see the line I was on as well. Both were on the Status
>Bar. Did those features go away in Word 2007? I can find nothing in Help.
>Help seems to be very lacking in Word 2007. I am using Windows Xp.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Natelle Bracken
>San Diego

Pamelia

loop through pivottables columns and rows
I have a pivot table that have 2 columns that I need to loop through and read both columns and each items of each columns...the pivotitems only allow reading one column...does anyone know how to programmatically read both columns? Thanks You can loop through the column fields and their items: Sub test() Dim pt As PivotTable Dim pf As PivotField Dim pi As PivotItem Set pt = ActiveSheet.PivotTables(1) For Each pf In pt.ColumnFields For Each pi In pf.PivotItems Debug.Print pf.Name & " - " & pi.Name Next pi Next pf End Sub hpham77 wrote: > I have a pivot ta...

Matrix with imaginary numbers
I am trying to do a matrix that has real and imaginary numbers and I have no clue how to do it. I can do a matrix with real numbers, but apparently can't with the combination of both. in a2 enter a formuala =randbetween(1,10) and copy down. as thes are randomedit number they may change time to time so you copy the column A and highlight A1 edit pastespecial-values similarly formula in B2 is =randbetween(-5,5) and copy down and copy with pastespecial values in C2 type =complex(a2,B2) and copy down. you get some sort of random compled numbers. "CGA" wrote: > I...

sorting text & numbers
I have a large list that I want sorted like this: Ward 1 Ward 2 & 3 Ward 4 Ward 5 Wards 6-8 Ward 9 Ward 10 When I sort it, it says: Ward 1 Ward 10 Ward 2 & 3 Ward 4 Ward 5 Wards 6-8 Ward 9 If I just take out the words Ward and Wards, it makes some of the numbers into dates, and does something else to some other cells that returns a big number. Anything I can do? -- billjr ------------------------------------------------------------------------ billjr's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25927 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/sh...

How to create a task view where completed tasks are omitted
Hello out there! I'm trying to create a task view where my hundreds of 'completed tasks' are omitted - leaving all other tasks that have yet to be completed. I've searched help and rung the customer support line but to no avail. Anyone know how? Would be much appreciated. Paul Create a custom view of your Tasks folder with a filter that says "Completed equals no" (you will find this on the Advanced tab when you click the Filter button). -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the...

Online form ~ I have word 2003 and 2007
Hello, I am trying to create an online form that will allow for a limited amount of characters per field. For example: Name: 20 Characters at length and so on Date: 15 Characters Title of the reading: 40 characters Please advise, Thanks -- astro44 ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader an...

tables in word

Money 2002
Can missing Form 140 Schedule C line names be added? If so, how? ...

Word Wrap in Email
Folks, I receive email without line breaks at the end of each line. CRM displays the text as one LONG horizontal line of text. Does someone know of a setting where I can have the CRM email window automatically word wrap at the end of the displayed window? Timothy -- CRM 1.2 /C360 user ...

Outlook 2000 and Word Editor
Is there a work around in Outlook 2000 that will display the digital signature and encryt content and attachment icons on the toolbar when Word is used as the Editor? When I uncheck the Word as Editor checkbox I can see the icons again. Thanks ...

Lookup for Part of the number
Hi, I need to lookup for a Loan Number from another sheet. However the problem is sometimes one digit would be added to the end in the other worksheet. Is there a way to find match for this digit.For the digits in below list I need to get the match as true for 12345 and 12346 as there is 123451 and 123462 in 2nd Sheet. List in 1st Sheet Loan# 12345 12346 12347 List in 2nd Sheet Loan# 123451 123462 234728 =MATCH(A2&"*";Sheet2!A:A;0) Format both column like text! -- Regards! Stefi „Kiran” ezt írta: > Hi, > > I ne...

Word 2003 stops working
Hi folks, Never had a problem with Word 2003 in the 3 years I've had this program. Suddenly, I have issues. A few minutes into opening a Word document, or upon attempted close of the document, I get a popup box with message "Microsoft Office Word has stopped working. A problem caused the problem to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." When I close the popup, sometimes a new blank "document 1" opens up automatically. This happens with both Word docs and Outlook messages. Don'...

french accents in word and in outlook
I suddenly have a problem - when I try to type a question mark or quotation marks, it types an accented letter. I'm working in Microsoft 7 and I've checked the language in the control panel. I think I must have hit a wrong key because this just started today, i had no trouble using these keys yesterday. Any suggestions?? Perhaps you have a laptop with a built-in International keyboard. If so, somewhere there's a key that toggles between it and the normal US keyboard. Locate that key and type it again. Maybe you toggled/cycled to a different keyboard (by accidentally...

Publisher/Word auto saving to C Drive
I teach in a computer Lab and when students are editing text using Publisher, it takes them to Word andafter editing they close Word, I get a "Permission Error . . C drive." When I do it on my computer (has some admin. privileges) it works. How and where does one change where Word 'appears' to automatically save? AND/OR Can this be changed without giving all students Administrative Privileges? Thanks. ...

How do I modify the value of a checkbox in a word document using C
Hi all, I am a bit of a newbie at C# and am trying to set up a document that I will be modifying based on values from a database. I am using a word document, because it is the "official" reporting form required by my company. I can open the document, and write to bookmarks that I am setting in each table field, but I need to know how to manipulate a checkbox. Can anyone help me? I have edited this post because I have added some other code. The document file I am using is a document that has everything inside a table. I have bookmarked all the text locations, and...

How do I enable Outlook to view the Public Folder while being able
How do I enable Outlook to view the Public Folder while being able to Mail Favorite Folder windows. We are on XP pro along with Outlook 2007 using 2008 Small business server standard that has 2007 Exchange server. "kdepc" <kdepc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C01F1E17-3057-40E4-8DF8-C8F507316897@microsoft.com... > How do I enable Outlook to view the Public Folder while being able to Mail > Favorite Folder windows. We are on XP pro along with Outlook 2007 using 2008 > Small business server standard that has 2007 Exchange server. Please...

OWA 2007 Performance issues
I have been using Exchange 07 for a couple of weeks now and really like it. But, I'm having performance issues with OWA from the outside world. Internally, OWA is lightining fast, but from the outside, it is as slow as a dog. So I don't think it is the server that is causing this, but rather my bandwith to the outside world. Has anyone else experienced this? Does anyone have an idea how much bandwidth is needed for OWA to perform well? OWA 2003 was much faster than 07 and I'm wondering if I made a mistake upgrading. Thanks. Jay Becker "Jay Becker" <JayBe...

How I can print full text bigger than column, in repeat column
When I print statements with repeat columns in excell which have text bigger than repeat columns, complete text is printed on all sheets except first sheet. How I can overcome this problem? I want to print complete text in repeat columns, which is expanded to other columns which are blank. ...

removing black lines
Sometimes I type an underline bar across the page. At the end of the page I'll hit the return (enter) key. When I do, the underline bar turns into a big black bar. Then I can't get rid of it. It just stays there. How can I get rid of this black bar? See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/CantGetRidOfLine.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> &...

Missing grid lines
I have a standard worksheet that covers the array of cells A4 to Q70 that originally included grid lines. Unfortunately the grid lines have vanished from the segment covered by cells A14 to E65. Using Tools/Options/View to check or uncheck the Gridlines box turns the gridlines on or off but does not restore the gridlines in the bare segment. I have tried everything I could think of to get rid of this annoying situation including copying and pasting to a new worksheet. Nothing I have tried works. I would be grateful if someone would help me solve this problem Hi sounds like the cel...

Office 2007 Professional: Help Files Issues
Gents, I cannot find a solution to this odd issue and before I submit a support ticket I thought I would ask the community. We have office 2007 professional (volume licensing) on a Window 2003 terminal server. We have a few users out of a bunch that get the "This page is unavailable" I have tried the Refresh and back. I've tried online and offline modes. In offline I get the table of contents to the left but same unavailable message when I click the links. I noticed on testing some other users, that apparently never used the help. That there are some prompts...

Removing the (1) figure before phone numbers
How can I delete the (1) figure in front of some of my phone numbers? -- phildee Delete it. Was there more to your question that you did not post? -- Russ Valentine "Phil Dee" <PhilDee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:299FB137-E06E-43A8-825F-498EF923BB30@microsoft.com... > How can I delete the (1) figure in front of some of my phone numbers? > -- > phildee ...

EXCEL 2007
I have a GIS application which uses .dbf files (not sure if they are actually Dbase files). When I need to append data (fields) to the files, I have a big problem in that excel 2007 no longer allows save as / export to .dbf files. If I try bring the data in MS Access and save as .dbf files, I have untold problems with the GIS application... The only way I have been successful with this is to find a user with an older version of excel, insert the data as database columns and then save as .dbf Any suggestions as to how I can get around this with out purchasing a converter? ...

CListCtrl Tile View (repost)
(This is a resend of an earlier post; sorry for the duplication, but I had to fix my newsgroup account.) I'm trying to use the CListCtrl's tile view option in MFC under XP, but the documentation for this is woefully inadequate. Can anyone point me to some sample code that shows how to use this? Specifically, I'd like to know the following: - What does the "cColumns" and "puColumns" fields in the LVITEM struct mean when applied to a tile view? Do they include the icon as a column? - The LVTILEVIEWINFO's dwMask field can contain LVTVIM_COLUMNS; does th...

Inserting photos in Word
Hi to everyone. I use a doc file as a form. It includes text and photos (and some links) The problem is about photos. They must located in particular positions in the doc and under every photo must have a relative title. The photos i put in that form have different sizes and deform the text and generally the structure of the whole form. Is there any way to determine some stable rectangles in particular points in the doc with desirable dimensions, so every time i add the photos the whole form to remain stable? Also what about the specify title below? Thank you all for your time. I bet/ho...

connecting cells with connector lines
Hello! Is it possible in Excel (2007) to draw a connector line (with or without an arrow ...) between two cells in a worksheet, so that the line-tips will follow their cells even when the latter are moved ? Thanks Michael On Feb 25, 7:00=A0am, Michaelprem123 <michaelprem...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello! > > Is it possible in Excel (2007) to draw a connector line (with or > without an arrow ...) between two cells in a worksheet, so that the > line-tips will follow their cells even when the latter are moved ? > > Thanks > > Michael The line will automatically a...