Updating hyperlinks to point to PDF versions of converted documents

Hi all,

I have a large group of Word docs that I convert to PDF on a regular
basis.
Each Word document contains hyperlinks to other Word documents.

I want to bulk-convert all of the Word docs to PDF and have the
hyperlinks inside the documents updated to point to the PDF versions
at the same time.

I can write a macro to do this, but is there any way to get Word,
Acrobat (or other app) to perform this task automatically?

NOTE: I am currently using Word 2007 "Save as PDF", but I also have
access to Acrobat 9.

Thanks for your help.
0
VC

hyperlinks in Outlook Express
Just wondering if there is a way to set Outlook Express to open hyperlinks. They appear active, but when I click on them, nothing happens. I use IE for internet access. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! this is an outlook newsgroup, not an outlook express newsgroup, try one o them ! N "Lynn" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08a101c3cf1b$85e4b210$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Just wondering if there is a way to set Outlook Express > to open hyperlinks. They appear active, but when I click > on them, nothing happens. I use IE for internet acce...

National City auto-update
I used to be able to have Microsfot Money automatically download transactions from my accounts. Now whenever it goes to check it says it failed. I tried setting it up again but it prompts me "National City Requires a Password Change", but no matter what I enter in these boxes it says the password/pin is incorrect. I called National City and they said there wasn't anything wrong with my account. What should I do? In microsoft.public.money, Josh wrote: >I used to be able to have Microsfot Money automatically download transactions >from my accounts. Now whenever i...

Won't update headlines again
I use Money Deluxe 2006. It hasn't updated the financial news or headlines since April 4. This seems to happen periodically. I sure hope Microsoft fixes this soon... ...

money 2007 crashes when updating account info
Hi folks, I'm running Money 2007 trial on vista. However after I fill in my email/password, Money pops out a window saying "Updating Accout Info", then it crashes! If I restart the program I can login, but retrieving bank list failes each time and money crashes when I click "receive account updates from MSN money my accounts". I've owned money 2006 before so I think I do have some old information on msn money.Any idea? Thanks Kun In microsoft.public.money, qk wrote: > >I'm running Money 2007 trial on vista. However after I fill in my >email/...

Updating 20k+ rows from Excel to access. vbscript? VBA? SQL?
Any suggestions? Some of these rows only need a few columns updated, and others need all of them updated. If possible if say row 800 column 'S' is filled in the access DB but is blank on the excel spreadsheet, if possible i like to keep the existing data in access and over right it with a blank cell. The spreadsheet is a export of the access DB, changes were made/merged from other spreadsheets so the Unique ID is the same and in column A. A script suggestions to complete this? Thanks :) dim dbe dim db dim ssql set dbe = createobj("dao.dbengine.36") set db = dbe.openda...

Flash player does not support IE8 64-bit version
I am using 64-bit Windows 7 and there are two built-in IE8: 32-bit and 64-bit. The 32-bit one is working fine while the 64-bit cannot display the website with flash picture/video clip. Understand Adobe Flash Player does not support 64-bit OS. Is there any alternative for 64-bit IE? Thanks, Scott You must use the 32-bit IE if you are going to use Flash. Adobe does not support 64-bit yet. You have a 32-bit IE, click Start>Programs, and scroll down to Internet Explorer. There are two, one is notated as 64-bit. "Scott" <NoSpam-Scott.Xe@GMail.com>...

Converting from XmlDocument to XmlReader
I need to write a method that takes System.Xml.XmlDocument and Xsd Path to validate XmlDocument. How can I convert XmlDocument to XmlReader? Bostonasian wrote: > I need to write a method that takes System.Xml.XmlDocument and Xsd Path > to validate XmlDocument. > How can I convert XmlDocument to XmlReader? [.NET 1.X] Efficient way is to use XmlNodeReader, but that won't help with validation. For validation you need XmlTextReader, so usual way of doing it (not really efficient, but working one) is XmlTextReader r = new XmlTextReader(new StringReader(xmlDoc.OuterXml)); Xmlvalid...

Converting Publisher 2002 catalog to PDF
I created a catalog using Publisher 2002. Now I need to convert it to PDF. The problem is that when I convert if, the pages do not appear in consecutive order (i.e., the first page of the catalog appears with the last page). Does anyone have a solution for this problem? Are you producing the catalog as a saddle-stitched book? What you are getting is printer's/press spreads, which, unless it is going on a large format press, is probably fine for your printer. If you are printing separate sheets to be bound by a different method, or if it is going on a large format press, and the printe...

SQL to update Item.LastCounted based on PhysicalInventory.CloseTime
Because of a bug/deficiency/oversight in a third party inventory counting application , I did a bunch of physical inventories that did not update the Item.LastCounted field. I need this field updated so I can see the correct date each item was counted last. I am willing to do a seperate SQL statement for each physical inventory sheet for which I have the problem. For example, I want to take each item in the PhysicalInventoryEntry table with PhysicalInventory.Code = '0000057' (or whatever the code is) and set Item.LastCounted = PhysicalInventory.CloseTime. I am not great at SQ...

documental manage system
hello, anybody knows some documents or study about integration with sharepoint to have a documental manage system? thank you as starting solution i think about a simple integration with capability to store document from crm into sharepoint and some search capability to find these documents from crm. "Jim Daly [MSFT]" <jdaly@online.microsoft.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:A9DAFCF2-E06A-4457-A0AC-209F22797BF8@microsoft.com... > What kind of business process do you have in mind? > What information do users need to see? > What kind of documents will they b...

I can't print Excel document on legal size paper even with correc.
I have checked my settings, but I cannot print my worksheet on 8 1/2X14 legal size paper. Can anyone give me suggestions on why this would be happening? I can print documents that are letter size with no problem. I am using Microsoft Office 2003 with Windows XP. Thanks Choose Page Setup from the File drop down menu. Click on the Page tab and change the "Letter" to "Legal" >-----Original Message----- >I have checked my settings, but I cannot print my worksheet on 8 1/2X14 legal >size paper. Can anyone give me suggestions on why this would be happening? I >...

No sound after updating SP2 for Vista
Hi,sorry if this is a duplicate post,but I'm not sure mine posted the first time,it's not coming up in my searches. My Dell Inspiron 1420 laptop automatically informed me of an important update last night,and I went ahead and clicked through it and restarted.It had me download the SP2 for Vista and install it,but when I turned my computer back on after the requisite restart,my computer wasn't making any sound whatsoever.I tried using the volume toggle on the taskbar,I tried pressing the volume and mute buttons on my laptop and playing with the volume sliders in eac...

Todays Date that does not update
I created a macro and a button that when clicked it entered todays date in a cell, which is what I wanted. I used "Today( )". Problem is the date keeps updating to todays date and I want it to stay the date I entered it in. Is there some other value or formula to do this so it does not update everyday? Thanks!! You need to enter the date itself. Any function will always update to the current date. Ctrl+; will enter the current date in a cell. In VBA, use Range("A1").Value = Date -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC...

Can't get automatic updates to work
I get this message: [Error number: 0x8DDD0018] The site cannot continue because one or more of these Windows services is not running: Automatic Updates (allows the site to find, download and install high-priority updates for your computer) Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) (helps updates download more quickly and without problems if the download process is interrupted) Event Log (keeps a record of updating activities to help with troubleshooting, if needed) To make sure these services are running: 1. Click Start, and then click Run. 2. Type servic...

Document extra check was printed and mark it void
I'm trying to figure out how to tell GP8 that an extra check was printed but we need it to be void. We printed checks today and accidently printed 1 more than we should have. Since we used that check number, GP will move on to the next one. We want to be able to go into GP and document that we did print that check but it should be void. Does that make sense to anyone? Did that exra check print on a check or on blank paper. Do you want to re-use that check number? I'm not 100% with GP 8, but in 10 you just go to "Void Historical Transactions" and void the check. ...

New to Visio-Hyperlink Question
I have created a flowchart in Visio 2000. I put in a hyperlink to another flowchart. When I view my flowchart in full-screen view I click on the hyperlink for the other flowchart and it opens in Actual Size mode w/ all the toolbars open. I would like for it to remain in full-screen mode for the flowchart I open when I click on the hyperlink. Is this possible? Thanks in Advance, Mike ...

Try again: Using mail-to hyperlink with an attachment
I'm creating forms using Excel and Word. Somewhere in the form is an email address. I can use Edit-hyperlink to specify the recipient address of the email address as well as the subject field. Great. What I'd really like is to be able to specify that the form file itself (the ..doc or .xls) is also attached to the email message. I'd like to specify that right in the hyperlink. Then it can act as a workflow. I don't know anything about VBA so I'd rather not go there. Is this possible? Hi Hall, No, I don't think it is possible without some amount of VBA - I c...

Trying to create completely server side, document merge
I was given the task of designing a complete web based document prep system. In simplest terms (using a msword explanation) create a database of merge fields, and a library of templates. Allow the webuser to select the template, merge his DB record, and produce a formatted document that can be printed or downloaded. We need to do this without specialized software on the client, since it will be universally available to webusers. We considered using PDF, but the creation of the templates were painfully slow, and the datamerge had severe space limitations (the form could not adequately...

money2004 hanging on updates
I upgraded from money2003 to money2004 last night, then went to online updates. The program can download my bank transactions but when it gets to "updating securities and news" it hangs. I cancel, and it hangs on "cancelling call". I end up having to cont-alt-del and restart money. Happens every time. Any suggestions or is it a server problem? thanks in advance In microsoft.public.money, jeff wrote: >I upgraded from money2003 to money2004 last night, then >went to online updates. The program can download my bank >transactions but when it gets to &q...

Converting string to number
hi, I have a set of data that is to be cut and pasted from an external source. A typical cell reads '32813.58 sq mm', without the speech marks. The cell could be formatted before the pasting; but how do I strip off the units to leave the number only? The number could be any size. thanks =LEFT(A1, LEN(A1)-5) Will return your data as required as long as the text to be stripped is constant -- Russell Dawson Excel Student Please hit "Yes" if this post was helpful. "kenppy" wrote: > hi, > > I have a set of data that is to be...

ESM error stating that mapi32.dll is the wrong version
Hi, Problem solving a failed Exhange 2000 SP3 server, I had to install IIS and Reinstall Exchange. Copied back ofline backup and all seemed Okay. Nagging problem. Everytime I start ESM, I get a message that mapi32.dll is the wrong version. (Note: it is the Exchange sp3 version....) I have done a bit (lot) of reading on this and it tends to relate to putting Outlook on the same machine. Office\Outlook is not installed (not sure but doubt it ever has). All stated fixes are for restoring the Outlook version (mapifix.exe). I want to get ESm working. Note; ESM continues to load if o...

Batch conversion between publisher versions.
My parents downloaded the trial of office 2007, unknown to me, and created lots of documents that are quite important. The trial has expired, is there a way to batch convert these to publisher 2000 format, as that is what they were using before. There is 100+documents. No, there is no batch conversion. Your only recourse would be to buy Publisher 2002, 2003 or 2007. Or find some kind soul to convert the files for you, one at a time. This conversion isn't necessary with newer versions of Publisher because the newer versions will open 2000 files. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://offi...

Hyperlink to a chart
Hi, I have created a graph and placed it as a chart in a new sheet rathe than an object in an existing sheet. It is therefore classified as Chart rather than a Worksheet. When I try to insert a hyperlink to th Chart, it does not show up in the hyperlink browser along with th other existing Worksheets. Is this because the Chart is not technically a worksheet?? Is there any way I can create a hyperlink to the Chart like I can t every other Worksheet? If anyone knows how to insert a hyperlink to a chart sheet, I woul greatly appreciate them sharing it with me. Kind regards, Stuart Wilso -...

function to convert 'nnnnnnnnnn' ---> 'dd.mm.yy hh:mm:ss'
Hi NG, I am looking for a function of MS EXCEL to convert the seconds from 01.01.1970 (e.g. 1096200072) into a more common date format like dd.mm.yy hh:mm:ss. TIA, Henning Hi =109620072/(24*60*60) and format in some time format as you need -- Arvi Laanemets (When sending e-mail, use address arvil<At>tarkon.ee) "kielhd" <kielhd@freenet.de> wrote in message news:10a4173d.0409290327.5d18681b@posting.google.com... > Hi NG, > > I am looking for a function of MS EXCEL to convert the seconds from > 01.01.1970 (e.g. 1096200072) into a more common date format...

Update Query
I have 2 tables: Member and Bulk Mail I have linked them on Last Name Member has these fields: First Name, Last Name, E-mail Bulk mail has these fields: First Name, Last Name, e-mail address The member table has no data in the E-mail field The Bulk Mail table has data in the e-mail address field I would like to update the Member E-mail field with the data in the Bulk Mail e-mail address field using the Query Wizard Glenn Glenn T. Dulmage 207 Valley Road Chestertown, MD 21620 410-778-5166 gdulmage@verizon.net Glenn So, you quite certain that you don't have and ...